Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Has Baszler signed a contract with the company? I wonder if there is any interest in Shayna if Ronda were not a factor at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

TV Zombie posted:

Has Baszler signed a contract with the company? I wonder if there is any interest in Shayna if Ronda were not a factor at all.

Dave seems to think she has signed, but she is also still holding at least one title in an indy promotion, and she wont be defending it before the finals I think. So :iiam:

Also I doubt there would be any interest in her at all if she wasnt friends with Ronda.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

TV Zombie posted:

She was doing okay in STARDOM but fans will probably turn immediately on her if they think for a second that she's getting a push just so Stephanie can politic for Rousey. Especially when put against such a natural babyface like Hojo

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

RealFoxy posted:

She was doing okay in STARDOM but fans will probably turn immediately on her if they think for a second that she's getting a push just so Stephanie can politic for Rousey. Especially when put against such a natural babyface like Hojo

But that's not something that Shayna can really control.

drat it, Stephanie.

TV Zombie fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Aug 28, 2017

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

TV Zombie posted:

But that's not something that Shayna can really control.

drat it, Stephanie.
It's not, and Shayna's a pretty cool person on her own but in the end she could just end up being a tool to get her friend which is really lovely for everyone involved except Stephanie McMahon and Rhonda Rousey.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
It sounds like they're doing NXT Horsewomen vs MMA Horsewomen at some point in the future, leading to Ronda vs either Charlotte or Stephanie (who started the women's revolution and is responsible for all good things that have happened for all women in the world). I could see the latter being at mania if the former happens sometime soon, like at survivor series or something like that. If not, maybe they'll stretch it into a multi-year ordeal?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

AlmightyPants posted:

It sounds like they're doing NXT Horsewomen vs MMA Horsewomen at some point in the future, leading to Ronda vs either Charlotte or Stephanie (who started the women's revolution and is responsible for all good things that have happened for all women in the world). I could see the latter being at mania if the former happens sometime soon, like at survivor series or something like that. If not, maybe they'll stretch it into a multi-year ordeal?
You're giving a lot of credit to a pet project that a McMahon has in any modern era.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
They should replace the NXT Women's title with an Intergender title. There's NO reason why Aliyah can't beat Allister Black.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

TV Zombie posted:

https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/898954388655529984

There was interest late last year. He age was the only issue.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

rovert posted:

They should replace the NXT Women's title with an Intergender title. There's NO reason why Aliyah can't beat Allister Black.

Same but they should replace the men's title.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Giant Murderbaby posted:

The title has just been vacated. There is a big women's tournament tournament happening in the same time frame. It makes immediate sense to have that tournament be for the title. The "burying" is another instance of frustrated marks hiding behind smarky terms to make their fanboyism sound like analysis.

EDIT: in any instance I hope they don't use a battle royal. It's such a random and messy a match to determine a champ.

I'm an unapologetic mark for Peyton because she was hilarious and very entertaining in a match at the NXT house show we got last year. I'd love to see her get a short reign.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Stephanie McMahon is a good person for pushing Sheamus or whatever the hell Ronda Rousey's friend is called.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Cena vs Samoa Joe on RAW tonight
Cena vs Roman Reigns at No Mercy

Per PWInsider

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

rovert posted:

Cena vs Samoa Joe on RAW tonight
Cena vs Roman Reigns at No Mercy

Per PWInsider

Yes, because who would want to see Cena and Joe do an extended program. They've never managed to get the people invested in a PPV match with short notice. :rolleyes:

And why save Reigns beating Cena for Survivor Series or the Rumble when it can be the undercard on a Raw B-show.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Gaz-L posted:

when it can be the undercard on a Raw B-show

I can see them being stupid or not confident enough to not close the show with Braun losing to Brock

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Vince McMahon making GBS threads his pants about football

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Gaz-L posted:

Yes, because who would want to see Cena and Joe do an extended program. They've never managed to get the people invested in a PPV match with short notice. :rolleyes:

And why save Reigns beating Cena for Survivor Series or the Rumble when it can be the undercard on a Raw B-show.
Because despite being a big 4 show, Survivor Series is kind of treated like poo poo by WWE

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

achillesforever6 posted:

Because despite being a big 4 show, Survivor Series is kind of treated like poo poo by WWE

Also tbf they probably should have big matches on B-Shows sometimes to reduce churn, or try to.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Also tbf they probably should have big matches on B-Shows sometimes to reduce churn, or try to.

Braun vs Brock IS a big match, though! And give Cena and Joe some promo time and that match could be huge too! It just reeks of either Cena being so close to out the door that they're panicking and rushing through all the 'dream' matches, or Vince not thinking there's any money in Nakamura/Cena or Joe/Cena.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Gaz-L posted:

Braun vs Brock IS a big match, though! And give Cena and Joe some promo time and that match could be huge too! It just reeks of either Cena being so close to out the door that they're panicking and rushing through all the 'dream' matches, or Vince not thinking there's any money in Nakamura/Cena or Joe/Cena.

I'll give you that, I was more referring to the B-Show logic in general.

kinetic77
Jun 23, 2010

Not sure if it aired yet, apologies if so, but Aj lost to Seth on X Box in Madden. I won't spoil his melt down, but I think this is when the nail met the coffin.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

kinetic77 posted:

Not sure if it aired yet, apologies if so

It hasn't, you dick

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

kinetic77 posted:

Not sure if it aired yet, apologies if so, but Aj lost to Seth on X Box in Madden. I won't spoil his melt down, but I think this is when the nail met the coffin.

you don't have to apologize for spoiling things in the spoilers thread :ssh:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I thought I was in the discussion thread

:doh:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I come here for wrestling spoilers, not video game youtube spoilers! You MONSTER!

kinetic77
Jun 23, 2010

bradzilla posted:

you don't have to apologize for spoiling things in the spoilers thread :ssh:

Haha. I know. If I had put it in the spoiler thread and it already aired (hence it would no longer be a spoiler) I would've felt real dumb.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
So in the latest wrestling observer newsletter, Dave stated that the reason the RAW Womens Title is being defended in a Fatal Four Way is because WWE "isn't ready to give away" Nia Jax vs Alexa Bliss as a singles matchup, but Nia vs Alexa in a singles match for the title is still the big plan down the line. :psyduck:

Going to be 100% serious here: I don't know many people who are (unironically) excited for Nia vs Alexa in singles action. Unless you are into matches that have the potential to be absolutely awful.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Fetish

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Agreed

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup

DarkstarIV posted:

So in the latest wrestling observer newsletter, Dave stated that the reason the RAW Womens Title is being defended in a Fatal Four Way is because WWE "isn't ready to give away" Nia Jax vs Alexa Bliss as a singles matchup, but Nia vs Alexa in a singles match for the title is still the big plan down the line. :psyduck:

Going to be 100% serious here: I don't know many people who are (unironically) excited for Nia vs Alexa in singles action. Unless you are into matches that have the potential to be absolutely awful.

So does that mean Alexa is retaining then? Emma is only there to eat the pin I'd assume

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

So does that mean Alexa is retaining then? Emma is only there to eat the pin I'd assume

I'd assume either Alexa is retaining, or Nia is winning.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Probably Alexa, because of the rematch clause stuff if Nia wins.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

I am excited for Nia vs. Alexa to be the first ever Women's Title Match to Main Event Wrestlemania!

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
If they channel Sting/Vader or Awesome Kong/Gail Kim then that might be interesting, but I have zero faith the match won't fall the hell apart.

And who the gently caress are we supposed to cheer for anyway? How did WWE get so hot and bothered for a heel vs. heel program between an average-at-best worker and an actively terrible one?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I'm looking forward to this forum finding a way to blame it on Sasha when Nia dumps Alexa on her head.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

VJeff posted:

I'm looking forward to this forum finding a way to blame it on Sasha when Nia dumps Alexa on her head.

Smarks can't bring themselves to blame their current waifu of the month.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Benne posted:

And who the gently caress are we supposed to cheer for anyway? How did WWE get so hot and bothered for a heel vs. heel program between an average-at-best worker and an actively terrible one?

I mean, that would be one reason to hold it for later.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Benne posted:

If they channel Sting/Vader or Awesome Kong/Gail Kim then that might be interesting, but I have zero faith the match won't fall the hell apart.

Nia has yet to show any real qualities as a proper monster beyond hurting people and while Alexa has improved greatly I don't think she can carry her. Add in the fact the booking seems to want Alexa to be the face and welp, you got all the makings of a train wreck of a match.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Nia has yet to show any real qualities as a proper monster beyond hurting people and while Alexa has improved greatly I don't think she can carry her. Add in the fact the booking seems to want Alexa to be the face and welp, you got all the makings of a train wreck of a match.

I'm not an Alexa fan, but even I think turning her face will be a terrible mistake. She'll either be boring (Rollins), or turn into a mom joke dispenser (Triple H, Jericho).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Up until this point, Alexa was the one manipulating Nia, so you'd think that makes her the face, but it's not like that makes any sense either.