Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Shugojin posted:

Holy poo poo the schools built during the civil rights movement :chloe:

Back then at least they were more honest with segregated schooling. Now they want to create dummy schools, schools for the wealthy and gullible, schools for wealthy and want an easy diploma mill, schools for the poor and now apprenticeship feeding grounds.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

So
What is going to be Kimayas major malfunction

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Rigged Death Trap posted:

So

I was 3/4 expecting him to call her a fake nerd girl, or keep recommending authors whose works she was well familiar with.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Cops aren't a race you stupid loving duck.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Cops are a race.

EDIT: beaten

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

Same goes for you then, Bruce "Rodent Community" Tinsley.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Also, I'm loving tired of how cute the right think's they're being by trying to equate BLM and Antifa with white supremacists.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Also, I'm loving tired of how cute the right think's they're being by trying to equate BLM and Antifa with white supremacists.

It works, though. It works really, really well. "Both sides are bad" is the gift that keeps on giving.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Lurdiak posted:

It works, though. It works really, really well.

Yeah, they've essentially found a way where they can denounce neo-nazis while also targeting the groups they actually despise. It's infuriating.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

What, you mean ignore their crimes and portray their victims as inherently predatory animals?

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...

Rigged Death Trap posted:

So

That shirt.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Mecha?

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

I was confused too. At first I was wondering what the hell giant robots had to do with any of this, but I guess it's MEChA, "an organization that seeks to promote Chicano unity and empowerment through political action."

I guess Tinsley thinks they want to create an Hispanic ethnostate or something?

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

So this would be his first reaction to Charlottesville, right? Woke up that Monday morning afternoon, checked the news, and went right to his desk and crapped this out.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Lurdiak posted:

It works, though. It works really, really well. "Both sides are bad" is the gift that keeps on giving.
Because the political center is the haven of cowards. You can just decry both sides without any sort of real thought, and you seem reasonable and become difficult to refute without looking "extreme." That's why conservatives are in an easy spot because they can look reasonable and developed this cool thing called dog whistles in the 60s and 70s to let their racist fucker supporters in on the whole thing.

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan

This needs an extra Kelly-esque space in the last panel of Buddha, the goddess Al-Lat, Robert E Lee and a crying Lady Liberty all looking down distressed.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Why are these fuckers so insistent on using our tax dollars to maintain relics from a deposed enemy state on public land

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
I guess it's been a little over two weeks since Charlottesville?

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

Alhazred posted:

These statues are not ancient and historic monuments:

I'd have thought Obama's re-election and the rise of BLM would create a bigger spike.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Notch on Tugsource.

"He guys, I made a clone of Infiniminer. After watching how infiniminer, I trough It would be fun to make a experiment with octrees using Java. I called it Minecraft".

*everybody download Minecraft and give Notch positive feedback*

*notch puts Minecraft on a java applet in a convenient page*

Cooperation with programers feels super natural while other type of artist have it ackward

Tei fucked around with this message at 09:37 on Aug 28, 2017

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO

skeleton warrior posted:

In the 1940 film Knute Rockne: All-American, Ronald Reagan played George Gipp. Gipp is their star player but comes down with some terrible ailment, and give a famous speech to coach Knute Rockne from his deathbed that ends with "Rock, sometime when the team is up against it and the breaks are beating the boys, tell them to go out there with all they've got and win just one for the Gipper."

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_e7rmpjBSR8

Because of this, in his political career, Reagan was nicknamed "The Gipper", and this was used as a metaphor for the devotion Reagan received from his staff due to his inspirational speeches and upbeat attitude.

I think Ramirez is trying to draw an ironic comparison by pointing out how completely uninspirational and demeaning Trump is as his speech is insulting and snide rather than optimistic. But it's not clear, and I have no idea how much my own opinions are AGCing it.

Ahhh. I never knew that was where the term "Gipper" came from for Reagan. Is that common knolwedge? I think because I was born in 1988 that its just a reference for a past generation, people of an age that think that Ramirez has Some Good Points Honey.

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan
Blander takes have seldom been seen:

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

All the racists are white, AGC.

I'm not sure why exactly the guy going to the Monmouth Jet Center wants more dead cops, though. Maybe he's angry at having gotten a speeding ticket? Perhaps he lost his driving license because he was caught driving drunk and that's why he now has to hitchhike to the airport.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Every white person is itself more than white. A white person can and will have different opinions about stuff than other white person.

There are japanese racism, japanese people that have the opinion other east asian people are worse in some way. Not all racist are white.

Tei fucked around with this message at 13:02 on Aug 28, 2017

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular

toanoradian posted:

I'd have thought Obama's re-election and the rise of BLM would create a bigger spike.

None of them had actually given a single poo poo about the statues for decades. Maybe it was cultural shifts, maybe they preferred their dog whistles verbalized, maybe it's because the statues are mainly in cities (where those people live) and they didn't want cheap tacky statues all over the new exurbs they all fled to, maybe it's all those things.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

du -hast posted:

Ahhh. I never knew that was where the term "Gipper" came from for Reagan. Is that common knolwedge? I think because I was born in 1988 that its just a reference for a past generation, people of an age that think that Ramirez has Some Good Points Honey.

Yeah, that's probably a reference than only makes sense to people who actually remember Reagan's Presidency.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

du -hast posted:

Though noted for his status as a conservative ideologue and effective communicator, Reagan was perhaps best known for his constant and exuberant gipping

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

I would watch this weather report

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Starving Wolf posted:

Blander takes have seldom been seen:

How dare you make me care and realize how much people are suffering in my country at this very second. It makes me so uncomfortable to have my ignorance just popped like that! gently caress you weather reporter!

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

See, my first response to a Nazi murdering a woman is "wow, that Nazi sure is bad, and also Nazis in general are bad," and nothing else, but that's why I'm not making that cheddar as a wingnut cartoonist I guess

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
*checks calendar* *double-checks* Huh?

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

D.N. Nation posted:

See, my first response to a Nazi murdering a woman is "wow, that Nazi sure is bad, and also Nazis in general are bad," and nothing else, but that's why I'm not making that cheddar as a wingnut cartoonist I guess
It's telling that when Tinsley or the rest of these guys want to criticize, say, BLM, they make the entire strip about criticizing BLM. When it's Nazis...well, suddenly it's a very nuanced issue that we have to take all sides into account, isn't it? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Cat Mattress posted:

All the racists are white, AGC.

Judging by the curly hair of the BLM guy, the cartoon was colored by someone less racist than the artist, who didn't quite "get" the point.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

frankenfreak posted:

*checks calendar* *double-checks* Huh?

Hillary's incoming book, "What Happened", said something roughly along that line regarding how Trump 'stalked' her during one of the presidential debates, the second one, I believe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

toanoradian posted:

Hillary's incoming book, "What Happened", said something roughly along that line regarding how Trump 'stalked' her during one of the presidential debates, the second one, I believe.

Some conservatives (and general HRC-h8erz) have tried to make a Thing out of this, despite the fact that...uh, yeah, Trump absolutely did make an rear end of himself during the second debate.

• Locked thread