Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

For US folks, how does Amazon Prime normally deliver games on release day? US mail or something else?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

http://yakuza.sega.com/RGGStudioAnnouncementSurvey/

Sega USA wants your opinion on the new games!

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Policenaut posted:

:thumbsup:

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Colostomy Bag posted:

For US folks, how does Amazon Prime normally deliver games on release day? US mail or something else?

Depends on your area. I'm in semi-rural Virginia and I usually get Amazon stuff via UPS and it usually arrives same day. "When" is a different story, you might have to wait a while depending on the amount of freight being moved by the driver that day but it will usually arrive. I tend to do gamestop 10pm/midnightreleases if I have to have something opening day or just pick it up at a store to avoid that problem if I need something immediately.

TheLoser
Apr 1, 2011

You make my korokoro go dokidoki.

Colostomy Bag posted:

I've never received anything from amazon that wasn't through ups.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

My pre-order was so long ago that the card I used expired so now my delivery day has been pushed back because they waited until the very last minute to attempt to charge it right before a bank holiday :(

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

I preordered a long rear end time ago too, and they pushed my order back to the 31st. :negative:

whip
Apr 9, 2007

by Lowtax

Colostomy Bag posted:

I always ordered my copies of the game from https://www.play-asia.com and they have overnight shipping through fedex if you can't wait. Also they usually send coupons/other goodies with your orders

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

https://twitter.com/giocorsi/status/901587685319507969

Gio Corsi if nothing else, wants Hokuto no Gotoku localized.

Zanael
Jan 30, 2007

Finn 3:16 says I just licorice
whipped your peppermint ass
I never knew Hokuto no Yakuza was the last piece of puzzle to fill the void in my life.
I really hope the french version will include a "Bad french dubbing" version.
For the record, Hokuto no Ken aired in France in the late 80s during a kid show, Club Dorothée (along with Dragon Ball, Ranma, City Hunter), and it was obviously way too violent for us. Eventually it was censored as hell, but it wasn't over. I recall the dubbing crew went on a strike and maybe threatened to stop production for all other anime airing on the show (and that would have been a big deal, with only a handful of national channels Club Dorothée had an absolute monopoly on wednesday afternoons when we weren't at school and whenever it was on), unless they could do whatever they wanted with the dub. This resulted in hilariously terrible puns, dialogues, voices (even by that time standard), botched character names, and so on. The dubbing is now legendary in france among all of us 30+ who had the chance to experience that live.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHzG42u15k4

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Guys, please help. I can't handle all of this Yakuza.

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

just did the gay hostess substory in kiwami and woof yakuza should probably stop approaching anything lgbt-related whatsoever. like drat, i love these games but woof it makes me awkwardly tug my collar every time when they do that poo poo.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Policenaut posted:

It is your duty as a fan of this series to rate all this poo poo 5 and click submit.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I gave 5s for Kiwami 2 and Fist of the North Star.

I zero'd the F2P trash. :colbert:

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Detective No. 27 posted:

I 3'd the F2P game cuz I am the person who'd install and play it for a week.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Detective No. 27 posted:

:same:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

FutureFriend posted:

just did the gay hostess substory in kiwami and woof yakuza should probably stop approaching anything lgbt-related whatsoever. like drat, i love these games but woof it makes me awkwardly tug my collar every time when they do that poo poo.

A part of me says "well they won't get better without trying" but then lol they sure haven't gotten better about it across the series' lifetime so uh

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

RandallODim posted:

I 3'd the F2P game cuz I am the person who'd install and play it for a week.

same, I'll gently caress around with it for a week or so just because Yakuza but it's a mere 3 compared to my MAXIMUM HYPE for 2 remake and Fist.

Lookin forward to go back to OG Yakuza with non-garbo controls. I'm gonna miss slot car racing, though, that was such a stupidly fun minigame. I guess it's too much to hope there's some secret extra side activities they didn't announce besides the return of terrible rock paper scissors foxy boxing?

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

sexpig by night posted:

same, I'll gently caress around with it for a week or so just because Yakuza but it's a mere 3 compared to my MAXIMUM HYPE for 2 remake and Fist.

Lookin forward to go back to OG Yakuza with non-garbo controls. I'm gonna miss slot car racing, though, that was such a stupidly fun minigame. I guess it's too much to hope there's some secret extra side activities they didn't announce besides the return of terrible rock paper scissors foxy boxing?

Pocket Circuit is forever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=864JuWCSxWs

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
y'all don't want to know what i gave kiwami 2

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall
Started Kiwami today, so far so good I guess, but I'm really aching for some freeroaming stuff. I hope that I can start doing side stuff after the funeral

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Stop with the spoilers/story mentions for a few days you goons

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
I though Kiwami launched tomorrow?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Early copies are always around for every game since the dawn of time, because some brick and mortar retailers don't give a poo poo and some online retailers often ship early to make sure they get there for release day and/or they don't give a poo poo either.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
Fair enough, B&M are way more expensive in Spain, so I usually buy through the USA Store.

Fat Samurai fucked around with this message at 12:01 on Aug 28, 2017

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

mikeycp posted:

y'all don't want to know what i gave kiwami 2

Was there some sort of secret button where you could vote 6

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall

julian assflange posted:

Stop with the spoilers/story mentions for a few days you goons

Man if a little spoiler bar from the first couple hours is all you need, maybe get off the thread till you finish the game

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
I gave 2 and Fist of the North Yakuza 4s and the F2P trash a 3. I have a horrible feeling the F2P is the devil's bargain of Yakuza anything on PC if its even minorly succeeded, so I'm willing to tolerate its existence if it lets Kiwami and 0 migrate to steam one day. Ain't touching it myself, but it'd probably be better than most other F2P garbage that likely won't last too long because it isn't Overwatch or whatever is the current king of online crap.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Detective No. 27 posted:

hell ye

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Crabtree posted:

I gave 2 and Fist of the North Yakuza 4s and the F2P trash a 3. I have a horrible feeling the F2P is the devil's bargain of Yakuza anything on PC if its even minorly succeeded, so I'm willing to tolerate its existence if it lets Kiwami and 0 migrate to steam one day. Ain't touching it myself, but it'd probably be better than most other F2P garbage that likely won't last too long because it isn't Overwatch or whatever is the current king of online crap.

Oh, I didn't actually care, I just wanted to make a dumb joke

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
5 for Y2K and YotNS, 3 for the free-to-play on the off chance that it gives the Yakuza series a bit more of a foothold in the US.

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.
Honestly I 5'd everything because give me all the Yakuza I can possibly handle. Even if it were mostly a visual novel I'd be into it tho.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

CharlestonJew posted:

Oh, I didn't actually care, I just wanted to make a dumb joke

I mean I read it and this guy sounds exactly like they recreated Kiryu, just that he was having his 0 moment back in the early 2000s. Until I have positive confirmation that this won't involve loot crates and other freemium nickel and diming, its a valid joke or legit position to make because Yakuza should be better than that. But I do want Kiwami and Fist of the Yakuza Star on PC too and that might involve Yakuza MMO doing okay.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I'm down with a gatcha Yakuza game.

I need to buy prisms quartz dragon tokens so I can roll for the new summer swimsuit Maejima before they roll over to the halloween banner event.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Crabtree posted:

I mean I read it and this guy sounds exactly like they recreated Kiryu, just that he was having his 0 moment back in the early 2000s. Until I have positive confirmation that this won't involve loot crates and other freemium nickel and diming, its a valid joke or legit position to make because Yakuza should be better than that. But I do want Kiwami and Fist of the Yakuza Star on PC too and that might involve Yakuza MMO doing okay.

I was pointing out the fact you didn't vote Kiwami 2 and Fist of the North Kiryu a 5 you loving monster

whip
Apr 9, 2007

by Lowtax
So I'm confused. http://yakuzafan.com/kazuga-ichiban-new-protagonist-ryu-ga-gotoku-online-shin-ryu-ga-gotoku/

Are these 2 separate games or one?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

CharlestonJew posted:

I was pointing out the fact you didn't vote Kiwami 2 and Fist of the North Kiryu a 5 you loving monster

Y'all ain't getting no five if you don't give me that US release date.

Two can play this game SEGA. Now I have money right here, that I'm willing to spend if you be clear to me now and give me a place or site to shove it in ASAP. But when you're being coy, now, when Kiwami and 6 already are here or have dates? Well, poo poo, I don't know. I mean, I'd be really cool to own this but, I just don't know if and when I can do that, now do I?

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Aug 28, 2017

atholbrose
Feb 28, 2001

Splish!

There are two -- Yakuza Online (the F2P mobile game) and Shin Yakuza.

whip
Apr 9, 2007

by Lowtax

atholbrose posted:

There are two -- Yakuza Online (the F2P mobile game) and Shin Yakuza.

So Shin Yakuza is gonna be like Yakuza 7? The newest entry to the series?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

whip posted:

So Shin Yakuza is gonna be like Yakuza 7? The newest entry to the series?

Yes.

It's called Shin Yakuza because Yakuza 6 is Kiryu's final game as a protagonist, not counting remakes. Ichiban is the new protagonist and face of the series and also features prominently in Yakuza Online which was also announced.