Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Gilgameshback posted:

Ogre Siege Breakers work in progress. The shields are Hirst Arts terrain blocks cast in dental stone, then antiqued with pliers.

Noice.

The summer campaign opened up today, but Beasts of War haven't finished making the portal yet, so people can either email results to Mantic or just hold onto them and wait for it to be ready.

https://manticblog.com/2017/08/18/edge-abyss-kings-war-campaign-starts-monday/

Screenshots look slick at least

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 10:42 on Aug 22, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
I have a 2500 point game this weekend. Someone talk me out of this list:

code:
Horde of Archers
-Helm of Confidence

Horde of Seaguard
-Brew of Keen-eyeness

Forest Shamblers

Stormwind Cavalry
-Potion of the Caterpillar

Bolt Thrower X2

Mage
-Bane Chant (2)

Prince

Dragon Kindred Lord
-Ensorcelled Armor

Tree Herder

Regiment of Order of the Brotherhood

Troop of Order of Redemption

Exemplar Forsaker
-Medallion of Life

drgnvale
Apr 30, 2004

A sword is not cutlery!
That list sucks, it doesn't have any badass chariots.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

drgnvale posted:

That list sucks, it doesn't have any badass chariots.

Somebody convince me not to take this list:

code:
Stormwind Cavalry Regiment x 2
Stormwind Cavalry Troop

Silver Breeze Cavalry Troop

Drakon Rider Regiment x 2

War Chariots Regiment

Noble War Chariot

Elven King
-Mounted on Horse

Mage
-Mounted on Horse
-Lightning Bolt

Drakon Rider Lord
-Blade of the Beast Slayer 

Dragon Rider Lord

Kaisenor Lancers
-Potion of the Caterpillar

Ankylodon Battleplatform 
Remember, against ogres.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

As an Ogre I hate having to deal with dragons and thunderous charge cavalry at the same time, it's too much mobility and my hordes are just brittle enough to risk being routed in one go.

Also, temporary results tracking site until BoW get their poo poo together https://manticgames.wixsite.com/edgeoftheabyss

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

NTRabbit posted:

As an Ogre I hate having to deal with dragons and thunderous charge cavalry at the same time, it's too much mobility and my hordes are just brittle enough to risk being routed in one go.

Also, temporary results tracking site until BoW get their poo poo together https://manticgames.wixsite.com/edgeoftheabyss

It reads like a very fragile list to me with nothing to follow up the punch. Normally I anchor my elves with a horde or two of archers, but this list was half-joke, half-concept based around getting cool models on the board. I may or may not run it since it's just a friendly match, but I certainly wouldn't expect it to win.

Gilgameshback
May 18, 2010

Speaking of ogres, I'm close to done with some of my Siege Breakers:

I really like these models - they look great, are super easy to assemble and almost all of the painting is pretty easy except for the leather straps, which are just awful.

herr brau
Dec 20, 2005

relax, a photo's not gonna make any difference

I dig the shields. :thumbsup:

Gilgameshback
May 18, 2010

HerrBrau posted:

I dig the shields. :thumbsup:

Thanks! Here they are ready for base finishing:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Preorders are up for the Deadzone Faction Starter, Booster, and Strike Force for the GCPS, I know some were interested

http://www.manticgames.com/mantic-shop/new/warpath/product/gcps-faction-starter.html
http://www.manticgames.com/mantic-shop/new/warpath/product/gcps-faction-booster.html
http://www.manticgames.com/mantic-shop/new/warpath/product/gcps-strike-force.html

Xarlaxas
Sep 2, 2011

Who speaks for the Man's cub?

I am in love.

I wonder when they'll get their Mega Force? I guess when their tanks/flyers are released?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

When the Mule and Flyer are out, Mantic having a tank model for them is a bit further off

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
Today was a very bad day to be an ogre.

code:
Archer Horde

Seaguard Horde
-Brew of Keen-eyeness

Palace Guard Regiment x2

Forest Shambler Regiment 

Bolt Thrower x2

Mage
-Bane Chant

Army Standard Bearer

Dragon Lord 
-Ensorcelled Armor 

Salamander Prime Regiment

Ancient Regiment
-Swap shields for two-handed weapons

Ankylod Battle Platform
We rolled Kill which he thought was to his advantage. Then he marched across the battlefield and into 45 arrow shots and two bolt throwers. I ended up killing something like 2025 points. He killed 1020.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Yeah, it's tough for Ogres to handle a gunline, you really need a screen of red goblin scouts that can charge early, or block LoS on your Ogre hordes so that you can at the double up the board and reach combat having taken one round of shooting at most.

Asterian Kalyshi now available in friendly resin instead of metal

Asterian Deadzone Faction Starter, Booster, and Strike Force now up for preorder too
http://www.manticgames.com/mantic-shop/new/deadzone/product/asterian-faction-starter-2017.html
http://www.manticgames.com/mantic-shop/new/deadzone/product/asterian-faction-booster-2017.html
http://www.manticgames.com/mantic-shop/new/deadzone/product/asterian-strike-force.html

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
The resin will certainly be easier to work with than the metal ones from the kickstarter. I wonder if it will solve any of the casting problems, like mono-ab and pumpkin face?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

My Forge Father vehicles arrived today. The Hultr is larger than I was expecting, which I don't mind, and the Sturnhammer is smaller than I was expecting, which is good for gameplay. They're both ace minis, and the new boardgame plastic continues to be great. The Sturnhammer does look a little bobbleheaded with the hailstorm turret on, but not as much as I feared it would be from renders/photos, and there's none of that at all with the magma turret or the flamethrower turret.

Top stuff.

Just need to decide how to do magnets now. I think the Hultrs can get away without magnets, but the Sturnhammers are going to need something.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
So the vehicles are a different plastic to the material used for the infantry sprues?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Atlas Hugged posted:

So the vehicles are a different plastic to the material used for the infantry sprues?

Oh, the Sturnhammer is hard plastic like the infantry sprues, just desprued and bagged, not sure if it's a tweaked formula to make it harder or not. The Hultr is the same plastic as the Veermyn rumbler.

With Iron Ancestor and Forge Guard for scale

At least you can say that the soldiers themselves would definitely fit inside the vehicles to drive them, and fit inside wearing their armour in the troop compartment, unlike the infamously undersized Rhino

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 12:29 on Aug 28, 2017

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Ok, so I know the blue green eyes didn't work on the Forge Guard, but what about these things that are water bottles, mines, or some kind of I don't know what? 3 in left have them in blue green, 2 on the right don't, what looks better?

My big group of them are ready to be sealed in all respects bar painting those things green, and the oath is due tomorrow

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer
I like the canteens as a nice blue, it helps give some variety. I mean I suppose them being mines makes more sense, I just like the idea of space dwarves in full armour still bringing a flask for the road.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
I think it looks fine, but it ends up being almost too bright. Is it possible to do some edging on the brown and red?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

The brown has already been drybrushed, the red is yet to be drybrushed

Weirdo posted:

I like the canteens as a nice blue, it helps give some variety. I mean I suppose them being mines makes more sense, I just like the idea of space dwarves in full armour still bringing a flask for the road.

Cheers, when they have two flasks, one is for Mead and one is for Ale :v:

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
Reinforcements!

The last two pictures show my old ones for comparisons.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Those are rad, what are they?

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

NTRabbit posted:

Those are rad, what are they?

5e Warhammer Regiment of Renown, Tichi Huichi's Raiders.

http://www.solegends.com/citcat2005us/c2005usp0369-02.htm

My friend had them in a shoebox and I've redone them. I'm missing the back banner for the eponymous Tichi Huichi and I had to replace the trumpet with a plastic skink blowgun when I accidentally flushed the original metal one down a drain in the stripping process, but oh well.

For comparison:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Man, there's something about the kinda-archaic doofiness of 5e-era warhammer fantasy figures that I love. Modeling hadn't gotten detailed enough to give them "normal" proportions, and absolutely everyone is screaming as loud as they can, usually with tongues lolling out

Gilgameshback
May 18, 2010

Speaking of doofy proportions, I have finished my Ogre army, more or less:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Gilgameshback posted:

Speaking of doofy proportions, I have finished my Ogre army, more or less:

Nice Ogres, Ogre bro :manning::respek::manning:

If you're looking to pick up some of the monsters, I recommend Acheson Creations or DeeZee miniatures for Mammoths that fit on the right sized bases, and I used to recommend Reaper minis for giants, but gently caress those guys, twice proven unethical bait and switchers who couldn't give a gently caress about non-Americans and have the protected alt-rght Operations Director to go with.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

https://edgeoftheabyss.warconsole.com/

Campaign hub is finally up

herr brau
Dec 20, 2005

As a Dwarf player... :dance:

drgnvale
Apr 30, 2004

A sword is not cutlery!
Between that and the dude on the wurm, I'm really glad they started resin casting. I'd love to buy mantic wights or even water elementals if they were in resin instead of metal.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Here is said dude on wyrm

herr brau
Dec 20, 2005

Still don't like the head on the wyrm. I've got an oldhammer model for when I get around to building my Undead.

But, yeah, they are stepping up their game for sure.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
The rider on the Rune Wars wyrm isn't great, but I like the monster better.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Bigger pics, other angle

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

Atlas Hugged posted:

The rider on the Rune Wars wyrm isn't great, but I like the monster better.

That is one happy skeleton

Gilgameshback
May 18, 2010

Finished some Reaper giants (NTR's advice against them came too late!) and a Hordes cyclops of some kind for my Ogres:

I thought the cyclops would make a pretty good army standard or captain. He's almost exactly the same size and proportions as the Mantic ogres, plus he has a full face helmet so no painting individual tusks.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I used the Hill Giants from Bones 2, because they fit my theme better, and also because they were the only giants I had at the time, and the thing I was angry about turned out to be a connection error messing up a shipping estimate, but they still shafted me on Bones 3 shipping :colbert:

http://imgur.com/a/26RO0

I'm not sure if I have that cyclops or not, but it's very hard to find minis that share proportions with Mantic Ogres

Gilgameshback
May 18, 2010

NTRabbit posted:

I'm not sure if I have that cyclops or not, but it's very hard to find minis that share proportions with Mantic Ogres

The long grass works so well for ogres, it looks fantastic.

Here's the cyclops with some warriors:

A little bulkier, but not too far off. It was in the Skorne starter box. The box also included one of those elephant things, which might actually work OK as a counts-as mammoth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

HerrBrau posted:

Still don't like the head on the wyrm. I've got an oldhammer model for when I get around to building my Undead.

But, yeah, they are stepping up their game for sure.

I'm with you, I think it's the Chinese New Year dragon doing a fleischmann response look of it.