Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
who is the biggest fail club
This poll is closed.
arsenal 9223372036854775807 100.00%
not arsenal 1 0.00%
Total: 23 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

So PSG are loaning Mbappe for a season without an obligation to buy

Are Monaco retarded?

There's no way at all there's no obligation to buy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Xabi posted:

Is he any good?

Apparently he's very good, too good for Arsenal

Reddy's just confirmed a bid has been submitted.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

EvilHawk posted:

Apparently we've submitted a bid for Lemar and we want to get it wrapped up today. He'd probably be a rotation choice rather than a replacement for Coutinho.

If they've bid 70m like Reddy is reporting there's no way he's rotation.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

So PSG are loaning Mbappe for a season without an obligation to buy

Are Monaco retarded?

Yep, I'm sure there's no other deal that a Russian oligarch and Qatari reputable businessman can enter into that has nothing to do with football.

You people really amaze me sometimes.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Diva Cupcake posted:

If they've bid 70m like Reddy is reporting there's no way he's rotation.

Well currently we only have Salah and Mane on the wings, they can't play every game this season. Lemar would swap in with one of those, and possibly drop into midfield. I don't think the price tag would necessitate a starting position.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

mackintosh posted:

Yep, I'm sure there's no other deal that a Russian oligarch and Qatari reputable businessman can enter into that has nothing to do with football.

You people really amaze me sometimes.

I enjoy the fact that people believe Monaco would just allow their largest asset to play somewhere else for free

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing
I like our tactic of not doing anything about defenders

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

c0burn posted:

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Jovetic is signing with Monaco today, he has been photographed wearing the number 10 shirt, which was Mbappe's number last year. Jovetic was about to fly to Marseille to take a medical there, but Monaco stepped in.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/BVB/status/902147512806592513

I guess that's the Dembele replacement

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

c0burn posted:

6 clean sheets out of 7 in the league at home

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

I can't wait until Newcastle sign a journeyman Icelandic striker who has had such illustrious career stops as Israel, China and Sweden all by age 27

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003

omg, i cant believe he finally left dynamo, he is still very loving good, best ukranian player since shevchenko

25mil is a god drat steal

vivisectvnv fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Aug 28, 2017

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Liverpool's entire transfer window is bidding on players that aren't available.
https://twitter.com/AnfieldEdition/status/902154434481983492

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Diva Cupcake posted:

Liverpool's entire transfer window is bidding on players that aren't available.
https://twitter.com/AnfieldEdition/status/902154434481983492

Sigh, no, it's not.

We didn't put in any bids for VvD (that was sort of the issue).

We put in a bid for Keita, Leipzig told us to increase it, we did that, then they decided they didn't want to sell. We haven't put in any bids for him since then.

That initial Lemar bid is from earlier in the summer.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Its gonna be difficult for Liverpool if teams think that Coutinho is about to leave. Clubs will feel like they could push an extra 10-20m out of them after he leaves

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

good transfer imo

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

uhhhhhhh

https://twitter.com/_pauljoyce/status/902160482974478340

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

What?

Though tbh. Our club record is so low that the price could be anywhere from like 42m upwards

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

If we get Keita next summer and Lemar this summer we would have replaced Coutinho for when he leaves next year

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
bet they just paid his release clause plus a few mil extra for the privilege to get it done now. that's...actually kinda smart

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

bewbies posted:

bet they just paid his release clause plus a few mil extra for the privilege to get it done now. that's...actually kinda smart

That's exactly what we've done. Confirmed by Joyce and Reddy.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

bewbies posted:

Yeah. Its unlikely to be over 50m I'd say.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

bewbies posted:

In what world is it smart to sign a player for a club record fee then let him play elsewhere for a year?
Quote this post when he blows an ACL in March 2018

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

In what world is it smart to sign a player for a club record fee then let him play elsewhere for a year?

Because we are going to be competing with lots of other teams next year when his contract is closer to expiring (or is expired). Considering its going to be around 50m when they were rejecting 70m bids for him a month ago I think its pretty smart OP

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

1) i'd imagine they can include a clause of some sort that they can nix the deal if he doesn't pass a physical next summer

2) there's no way LFC was getting him next summer when that release fee kicked in

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Yeah. It's not idea, but given Klopp's record in the transfer market, it makes sense to do something a bit weird to guarantee signing someone he really likes. Wonder if they could get the deal accelerated to Jan if Leipzig are knocked out of the CL by then.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Liverpool did something similar with Origi when they paid the transfer and immediately loaned him back to Lille for the year. Considering Leipzig rejected a 66m bid, they're essentially paying ~15m to keep him for their first UCL appearance.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
I'll do some lols if Liverpool sign Lemar after Arsenal unsuccessfully chased him all summer.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
So I need to wait until 2018 to see Keita do a lean? Liverpool will probably forget to do some paperwork and it will fall through hilariously.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

I've downloaded the Bundesliga app and told it I support The Leipzig Red Bulls.

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
Stoke are apparently close to signing Kevin Wimmer for £15m. Seems a bit excessive for him and I don't know how he'll fit into the team , we already have Shawcross, Martins Indi and Zouma playing in a back three.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Clever bit of business IMO.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
I wonder if a delayed deal like this has come up to make a Coutinho transfer happen too. Or are Barca too arrogant to look that far?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/SkyKaveh/status/902191562096041984

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
they must've been wowed by his performance yesterday

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Brony Car posted:

I wonder if a delayed deal like this has come up to make a Coutinho transfer happen too. Or are Barca too arrogant to look that far?

I don't think it makes as much sense for Liverpool to do it with Coutinho as for Leipzig here. Keita had a release clause starting next summer of 48m so he was gone for sure then. This way they get a little bit more money for him than they would have and Liverpool gets to sign him before there's a lot more competition.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

:thumbsup:

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Ox is going to be on the bench 90% of the time at Chelsea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Apparently Barca bid for Keita but Leipzig replied saying he's in Liverpool having a medical lmao.

• Locked thread