Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Chat Thread
This poll is closed.
anime chat thread 13 8.02%
anime chat thread 2.22 - A SODOM BORN OF THE HUNDRED YEARS WAR 11 6.79%
SHIN ANIME CHAT THREAD 3: THE LAST DAY OF THE EARTH 7 4.32%
ANIME CHAT THREAD 4: NEW AGE OF HEROES 1 0.62%
ANIME CHAT THREAD V: BEEF TENDENCY END 7 4.32%
ANIME CHAT THREAD VI: animemonogatari 16 9.88%
anime chat thread vii: 600 pages in like a week 3 1.85%
anime chat thread viii: a bowl of visible aids 7 4.32%
Anime Chat Thread IX: the desert of battle 1 0.62%
anime chat thread x: gifs of takane shijou eating 14 8.64%
anime chat thread xi: the beast that cried 'gas' at the heart of the world 16 9.88%
anime chat thread xii: the one where fire emblem comes out 8 4.94%
anime chat thread the 13th: no art dumps 5 3.09%
anime chat thread 14: this one probably won't get to 2000+ pages 3 1.85%
Chat Thead 15: Post your favorite robot and/or touhou itt 22 13.58%
Anime Chat Thread The Sixteenth: Frequently Anime Questions 3 1.85%
Anime Chat Thread Dimension XV-II: No More Eroes 2: Dawn of the New World 8 4.94%
Anime Chat Thread Part 18: (M)AIDS 17 10.49%
Total: 162 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

EmmyOk posted:

I can't remember huge amounts of how Light out maneuvers L but I remember being dissatisfied. Lights plan to forget things etc. is great but considering he had all the knowledge of Death Notes he just had such an advantage. When I was a teen I thought that way too and now right from the start it's obviously he's a ruthless poo poo immediately. In the episode I just watched L says Kira has a child's understanding of morality and it nailed exactly how I'm feeling.

The problem is he was killing the symptoms of capitalism's destruction on the human race, rather than the sources.

:getin: Comrades.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Knorth posted:

Oh drat, in the related videos is an episode with Igarashi Daisuke, nice!

There's one with Inio Asano as well.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
I don't think I've read anything by him, I think I was meant to try Solanin though

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

The one with the author of I Am A Hero is my favorite. The Higashima one is great because Urasawa is so impressed with her speed. The Fujita episode is good too because that guy does the roughest drafts ever then straight into inks.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

When you think about it, that philosophy is correct. It also accurately describes my relationship with fightgames.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Aug 28, 2017

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

dogsicle posted:

actually Renjou Desperado is the female samurai manga people should be translating. higashimura gets enough already

We can get multiple manga.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Prove it.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

Bring me those two plus Battle Wolf Janki and Kouya Shounen Isamu

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

impossible. unheard of. fantasy!

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

EmmyOk posted:

I'm home from work so I'm going to respond to this with a few more expanded thoughts :shobon:

When I was younger I think I had the default assumption that he was the hero because he was the main character and he slowly became more and more twisted whereas now it's super clear he is a psychopath from the start. He kills people hunting him immediately without hesitation. It struck me as I was walking home that Roy Penber the FBI agent is the most screwed person. Light makes him kill his colleagues by writing in the Death Note but he doesn't know he killed them so that's not the problem. Ryuk tells us using a Death Note means you can neither go to heaven or hell so Penber's soul is screwed over simply because he hunted Kira. The writing feels very clever however I am watching it multiple episodes at a time and i am very dumb so maybe it's just good at seeming smart. However it feels like the deductions make sense as well as how Light experiments with the rules and how he applies them in interesting ways. Considering I know what's happening later there are things that seem like Light really benefits from providence e.g. Misa when L is clearly better :saddowns:

misa isn't beneficial for light, shes introduced to specifically handicap light and throw a wrench into his plans because otherwise he would have too much of an advantage over L. she gets herself caught through her own incompetence and he has to bail her out without killing her because of her shinigami. i dont think she herself actually manages to help light a single time in the entire show.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

She helped a lotta girls I went to high school with coordinate their wardrobe.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

black on black with some black

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I just started playing Hellblade and it is extremely my poo poo.

But now it's time to catch up on Rage of Bahamut and Made in Abyss.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

It's genuinely unreal how drat good CGI has become. I grew up watching poo poo like ReBoot, where inverse kinematics were still a pipe dream, and it's just night and day to what we're getting now.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Yeah, I've been having a mild bit of future shock about the way games look now.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

The new Haru to Bonkura is pretty cute.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
http://i.imgur.com/8jUJs25.gifv

IRL fruit birb

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
That's a very good fruit bird :3:

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
https://twitter.com/TerriIrwin/status/902008318239031296

Little snake is ready for it's close up!

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

A japanese anime goods store made its "Best Girl" poll for the season and congratulations to Spartacus for getting Eigth place!

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

:3:

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
It's good

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
The Igarashi episode of this manga documentary show is about him drawing panels from a series that hasn't been scanned or licensed...

It looks neat :(

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

:same:

...if by 'take on' he means 'take on a date'

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

a kitten posted:

I just started playing Hellblade and it is extremely my poo poo.

But now it's time to catch up on Rage of Bahamut and Made in Abyss.

Dang that last shot is straight out of Berserk

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Stexils posted:

misa isn't beneficial for light, shes introduced to specifically handicap light and throw a wrench into his plans because otherwise he would have too much of an advantage over L. she gets herself caught through her own incompetence and he has to bail her out without killing her because of her shinigami. i dont think she herself actually manages to help light a single time in the entire show.

That's fair, I googled and it aired 11 years ago so I was 15 an my memory is pretty hazy. I don't remember so much how things happen so much as I remember specific scenes and events like Light restoring his memory to kill L, Misa getting the eyes but then blackbagged by L before she can reveal it, Near being introduced but then pretty quickly there's a riot outside his building, a guy called Mellow(?) who might be a baddy, Light's dad having a heart attack, L freaking Light out when he shows up to do exams, L and Light wrassling after being chained together because L is always so sus of Light. I think in my head I was like "well he meets a girl with another Death Note and friendly Death God so that must have been a huge boon" but forgetting the actual details. I'm super hype to watch more though and I'm actually excited to see what happens after the "just according to keikaku" events as opposed to being put off like last time. the "why do you keep checking your watch" episode was loving great even now, the moment he snares her leading up to that moment was so loving rough.

also I just saw this on twitter lol

https://twitter.com/avpdrey/status/901609893840478209

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/asagao_anime/status/902078421664055296

Yaaaaaaaay

Hopefully this one's gonna be more than 5 minutes long, lol

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Spiritus Nox posted:

Yaaaaaaaay

GET HYPE

In a measured, responsible way, in case they give us another 5-minute short

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

Spiritus Nox posted:

Yaaaaaaaay

http://i.imgur.com/yMPxFsn.gifv

:woop: :woop:

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Don't know if anyone could help me find a music video, I forget the name of the song and artist but it's a Japanese song with rapping and the video is drawn in a crude style ( think ONE) and there's this guy who goes super saiyan and goes clubbing and has a night on the town basically.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

Don't know if anyone could help me find a music video, I forget the name of the song and artist but it's a Japanese song with rapping and the video is drawn in a crude style ( think ONE) and there's this guy who goes super saiyan and goes clubbing and has a night on the town basically.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EKTw50Uf8M

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

StandardVC10 posted:

GET HYPE

In a measured, responsible way, in case they give us another 5-minute short

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

:toot:

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
I forget, is hotlinking tumblr considered okay these days?

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
cute!

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

StandardVC10 posted:

Afaik it's fine, it's not like we're gonna deplete their bandwidth. I'm like 99% sure people do it all the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

StandardVC10 posted:

I hope so, I've been doing it pretty much since I started posting...

• Locked thread