Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
#5/50 with 1 kill = -4 points.
#4/50 with 0 kill = -0.1 points.

Come on game I know I can't shoot for poo poo but throw me a bone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
Apparently it's possible to loot your own corpse for a split second

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

What do you guys use to edit videos? I downloaded Lightworks again, forgetting that I can only export in that dumb 720p youtube bullshit format.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Chicken dinner'd for the second time this weekend on squads. Game ended on bunker, at first I thought the other team was trapped inside and we'd eventually time them out when the circle closed, but near the end the 2 surviving guys on the other team just came out, naked, and sprinted to the circle without any weapons equipped while my last teammate gunned them down.

Is that, uh, normal?

Space Hamlet
Aug 24, 2009

not listening
not listening
I've won a fair number of squad and duo games but for a long time was cursed in solo, I got second place five times before I won anything in that mode. But that curse is officially broken now because I just got my second solo win!

Here, why not, is the recording of the last few circles https://youtu.be/JNK1OjM1CXw

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Not a Children posted:

Chicken dinner'd for the second time this weekend on squads. Game ended on bunker, at first I thought the other team was trapped inside and we'd eventually time them out when the circle closed, but near the end the 2 surviving guys on the other team just came out, naked, and sprinted to the circle without any weapons equipped while my last teammate gunned them down.

Is that, uh, normal?

It is if you are someone who enjoys having fun while playing video games.
(They were probably naked without weapons the entire game)

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Oh cool, two survivor crates purchased with my battle points, wonder what they will have?

Camo pants x 2.

Not hot pants. Just the plain old camo pants.

gently caress this game's poo poo RNG and lovely loving loot table for cosmetics. I'm not even trying to be a hat Baron, I just want cool silly things for my character to wear.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

DrNutt posted:

Oh cool, two survivor crates purchased with my battle points, wonder what they will have?

Camo pants x 2.

gently caress this game's poo poo RNG and lovely loving loot table for cosmetics. I'm not even trying to be a hat Baron, I just want cool silly things for my character to wear.

You probably should have sold the crates themselves, and used the money gained to buy the cosmetics you want.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
I'm pretty sure other weapons exist but 98% of my games end with me holding an M416, a UMP, and a pistol of some kind. I've never seen other assault rifles.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

I'm starting to like the crossbow a lot, now I feel dumb for not practicing before.

https://clips.twitch.tv/ShortAgreeableGrassTBTacoRight

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go

DrNutt posted:

Camo pants x 2.

That's not poo poo RNG, that's.... RNG.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I've gotten work boots the past four boxes I've opened

I've decided to open boxes at different times of the day to see if I get different poo poo

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

I bought 3 keys to open Gamescom crates and then sold their contents for my money back. So I called it a day.

I'm holding on to a speculative crate. Man, I really don't play that much.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Here's a controversial opinion: they shouldn't be selling loot crates/keys for loot crates in a game that's still in Early Access.

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

odiv posted:

I bought 3 keys to open Gamescom crates and then sold their contents for my money back. So I called it a day.

I'm holding on to a speculative crate. Man, I really don't play that much.

Bought the game with money earned through CS:GO skins and stickers, have enough crates and clothes to cash out for the value of the game right now. I love hobbies that pay for themselves. :v:

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

After 86 hours I finally got my first solo chicken dinner. Feels good.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

Nfcknblvbl posted:

I'm starting to like the crossbow a lot, now I feel dumb for not practicing before.

https://clips.twitch.tv/ShortAgreeableGrassTBTacoRight
MVP of this clip is the three-tone delighted chuckle @ 20s. New Windows 10 login sound.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Zsinjeh posted:

MVP of this clip is the three-tone delighted chuckle @ 20s. New Windows 10 login sound.

ohhhhh gently caress

TJChap2840
Sep 24, 2009

the talent deficit posted:

i dunno, i think 3pp gives you way more information to put together interesting and creative tactics in a firefight

I think the amount of information the enemy squad has while hiding behind their cover counters any tactics you would use.

Flanking is basically non existent in 3pp. When it DOES work, it works because you had really good terrain to begin with.

Lemon
May 22, 2003

I much prefer watching people who are bad at the game and argue with each other.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxuaXQq4O6g

Lemon fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Aug 28, 2017

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
Those people are painfully bad, holy poo poo.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

From over on Giant Bomb.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKG0T3CJJus

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

lol, "uh dan, dan, there is a gun fight happening over here." Stands around probably staring at inventory, "I uhhhh dont have a good scope" This is like 90% of goons

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Hahaha, this is reminding me so much of my loot goblin non-aggression friend group so much. I try not to play with them too much anymore. They purposefully avoid closeup encounters/hot zones because they're "bad at gunplay" :negative:

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Doorknob Slobber posted:

lol, "uh dan, dan, there is a gun fight happening over here." Stands around probably staring at inventory, "I uhhhh dont have a good scope" This is like 90% of goons

Better spend 8 of my 60 rounds shooting this downed opponent in the arm

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all

Hooplah posted:

Hahaha, this is reminding me so much of my loot goblin non-aggression friend group so much. I try not to play with them too much anymore. They purposefully avoid closeup encounters/hot zones because they're "bad at gunplay" :negative:

I don't get what attracts these kinds of people to this game. Is it that it's popular? I also know people who got the game and nearly refuse every encounter (especially early) almost pathologically because WHAT IF WE GET SHOT AND DIE, and use their bad skill as an excuse.

When the game comes out I'm just expecting custom servers with a nr20 rule.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
Ep:4 of Hunks brought to you by the 80's, vhs tracking, synth, and 4:3. We are not great at this game but we try to have fun and laugh at the terrible things that happen to us
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkeUkM3_NzE

Ashrik
Feb 9, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.
Our own Nuzzletops got a clip in the newest Early Access Highlights video with the crossbow kill

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

*is in the middle of a firefight and downs an enemy*

*sees 2 more in vision but spends 10 bullets finishing the downed one off rather than shooting the standing enemies*

"got one"

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Hooplah posted:

My three main peeps are luckily a mixed and relaxed bunch. I'm the most aggressive of them, but when we play together they follow my example because they realize turtling is an escape, and extremely boring in squad play. If they insisted on being careful all the time I'd have way less fun with this game.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
I still don't get how keys are worth $4+. The best thing I found was a Women's Tuxedo Jacket, worth about $30 or so. I think I will sit on that a while and see what it do.

d3c0y2
Sep 29, 2009

Voxx posted:

I don't get what attracts these kinds of people to this game. Is it that it's popular? I also know people who got the game and nearly refuse every encounter (especially early) almost pathologically because WHAT IF WE GET SHOT AND DIE, and use their bad skill as an excuse.

When the game comes out I'm just expecting custom servers with a nr20 rule.

I hadn't played a shooter since Counter Strike source about six years ago. When i bought this game I was not bad but I was obviously rusty compared to the people I played with.

I basically just dropped school until I could reliably survive it. If your logic is I'm bad at gunplay he answer is to practice that skill to be a more complete player, not pursue sub optimal plays to avoid having to leave your comfort zone.

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
Is there a link to some recommended graphics settings or tweaks? I'm thinking there's no reason to run this on the highest settings because it doesn't look that great even then.

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

d3c0y2 posted:

I hadn't played a shooter since Counter Strike source about six years ago. When i bought this game I was not bad but I was obviously rusty compared to the people I played with.

I basically just dropped school until I could reliably survive it. If your logic is I'm bad at gunplay he answer is to practice that skill to be a more complete player, not pursue sub optimal plays to avoid having to leave your comfort zone.

It is counter-intuitive for most people. They think they're going to get better at fighting by playing more, but they're not confident in winning so they avoid fights. They're focused on winning individual games. I was doing that before I started dropping on cities for practice.

If only I could break my habit of turtling up in a house looking to catch people in the streets.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy

d3c0y2 posted:

If your logic is I'm bad at gunplay he answer is to practice that skill to be a more complete player, not pursue sub optimal plays to avoid having to leave your comfort zone.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Today I learned that headshots apply to every weapon and not just guns

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

I think the problem is that when you first start playing 95% of the game is looting with very sporadic and quick firefights. So you're effectively 'trained' to get into the habit of looting and it quickly becomes your most comfortable default state. It takes a while for players to shake this and break out of the habit- usually only after they've spent a day dropping the school / military base over and over again.

d3c0y2
Sep 29, 2009
Yeah. The people I play with are pretty decent. One guy is a proper loot goblin who's always about fifty metres behind the rest of us trying to fit in looting one more house, but he generally gets over ruled when he asks that we parachute early and slow sail half way across the map. And if he ends up picked off or ganked because he was off alone he generally sticks with us the rest of the night in future games

The only issue is that once we land school or somewhere popular and kill some people they seem invested in the game then. Like oh we won school now we have to win the game, and start playing super conservatively.

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb

Black Griffon posted:

What do you guys use to edit videos? I downloaded Lightworks again, forgetting that I can only export in that dumb 720p youtube bullshit format.

Adobe Premiere, you gotta pay for it. It's really nice though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

khysanth
Jun 10, 2009

Still love you, Homar

Unfunny Poster posted:

Here's a good opinion: they shouldn't be selling loot crates/keys for loot crates in a game that's still in Early Access.

• Locked thread