Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

I like how much worse this card is than Renegade Freighter

Like, actually like, because that card was stupid

Tainen posted:

A note from the mechanics article. There are no double faced creatures in the set.

https://twitter.com/saffronolive/status/902184919492907010

also I like how this draws the game if it's the only artifact or creature in play

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004

Elyv posted:

I like how much worse this card is than Renegade Freighter

Like, actually like, because that card was stupid

also I like how this draws the game if it's the only artifact or creature in play

WOTC confirms it was an error.

https://twitter.com/tabakrules/status/902184885946683396

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
They can probably fix it with a clarification on how "until" works. So if it would exile itself and then immediately unexile itself (since it's no longer in play), instead it does nothing.

Oldsrocket_27
Apr 28, 2009
Treasure Map art featuring a Kopesh is interesting.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

drat Jace is kinda ripped for how much a dweeb he's supposed to be.

Jenx
Oct 17, 2012

Behold the Bull of Heaven!

mandatory lesbian posted:

and another thing, why can't i say the n-word

Actually I can! I'm not American, I am not bound by the social conventions of America, and in my language referring to a person from African descent as a "negar" is actually less rude than calling them "black".

I am not sure what that has to do with anything though, but figured if you're pointing it out it might relevant.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Rides Naked
Jun 4, 2006

Program, Whale, Program

Jace, the Brine Sculptor

Or just Jace the Cabin Boi :bigtran:

Obsoletely Fabulous
May 6, 2008

Who are you, and why should I care?
When does the Planeswalker uniqueness rule actually change? I feel like I'm missing the obvious somewhere.

TwistedNails
Dec 1, 2008

The Lord of Hats posted:

This card is perfect. Just perfect. There is not a single aspect of this card that I am not in love with.

Especially that frame and art on the back half, unf.

I love this card, such a cool frame for the land side.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

C-Euro posted:

drat Jace is kinda ripped for how much a dweeb he's supposed to be.

It's canon he uses illusion magic to make himself look cool.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Jenx posted:

Actually I can! I'm not American, I am not bound by the social conventions of America, and in my language referring to a person from African descent as a "negar" is actually less rude than calling them "black".

I am not sure what that has to do with anything though, but figured if you're pointing it out it might relevant.

This really isn't the hill you want to die on.

Unless it is, in which case you should just do it and stop bothering us.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
So now I can play Gideon of the Trials, Gideon AoZ, and Gideon Jura in the same deck without having nearly the deckbuilding restrictions as before? Could that Gideon tribal deck actually be decent now that it means you don't always have a bunch of dead cards in hand? It's kinda hard to kill 1 gideon a lot of the time, making an emblem and having 3 out at once to kill sounds pretty stupid.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Obsoletely Fabulous posted:

When does the Planeswalker uniqueness rule actually change? I feel like I'm missing the obvious somewhere.
You can now control Jace Beleren, Jace, the Mind Sculptor and Jace, Architect of Thought at the same time. They just follow the same rules as Legendaries now.

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004

Ein Sexmonster posted:

You can now control Jace Beleren, Jace, the Mind Sculptor and Jace, Architect of Thought at the same time. They just follow the same rules as Legendaries now.

Throw in a Jace, Cunning Castaway ultimate and you have 6 Jaces!

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Announcement Date: August 28, 2017

Vintage:

Thorn of Amethyst is restricted.

Monastery Mentor is restricted.

Yawgmoth's Bargain is unrestricted.

All other formats:

No changes

Effective Date: September 1, 2017

Magic Online Effective Date: August 30, 2017

The list of all banned and restricted cards, by format, is here.

Next B&R Announcement: October 17, 2017

...eh.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
Jace, Cunning Castaway's copies can still make more copies, an endless series of Jaces drawing one card each and making more Jaces to do the same. If one makes an illusion the others shun him for his foibles.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
It's infinite 2/2s with Doubling Season, FWIW.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

New graveyard hate. Seems to be focused on standard, shutting down embalm and aftermath. Probably just worse than Cage in modern, but shutting down viscera seer shenanigans might give it legs.

Torpor Orb stapled to a irrelevant body. I guess dodging quasili pridemage is neat.

Dark Confidant variant that you don't need to untap with.

Maybe if you put hate cards in the same set as the broken mechanics instead of waiting a full year, you wouldn't have to ban so many things.

Wizards never disappoins when it comes to red mythics and rare enchantments.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Jace, Cunning Castaway's copies can still make more copies, an endless series of Jaces drawing one card each and making more Jaces to do the same. If one makes an illusion the others shun him for his foibles.

Doubling Season for crisis on infinite nerds

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Also if Explore is a mechanic do you think they would reprint Explore the card?

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

little munchkin posted:

Torpor Orb stapled to a irrelevant body. I guess dodging quasili pridemage is neat.

No body is irrelevant, as Torpor Orb couldn't grab a Sword of What & Ever.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

little munchkin posted:

that lets you run it as a sideboard card in decks that rely on chord of calling/coco to grab their silver bullets, like elves.

TwistedNails
Dec 1, 2008

Rides Naked posted:

Jace, the Brine Sculptor

Or just Jace the Cabin Boi :bigtran:

I'll forever just call it Sailor Jace.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

dragon enthusiast posted:

Doubling Season for crisis on infinite nerds

This would let you make an arbitrarily large amount of Jaces, and since one creates two, this means every other Jace is free to draw a card or create an Illusion, so you could make an arbitrarily large number of creatures on board as well.

Crisis on Infinite Nerds isn't the worst plan I've ever heard of, but like a lot of Doubling Season plays it's probably not actually good.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

evilweasel posted:

that lets you run it as a sideboard card in decks that rely on chord of calling/coco to grab their silver bullets, like elves.

Hushwing griff has been around for a couple years and nobody uses it. It costs 1 less but at least it has flash too. Most of the chord/company decks would be hurt by the thing being on the field, maybe less so with druid/vizier combo now.

Jenx
Oct 17, 2012

Behold the Bull of Heaven!
In a non-shitposting related topic - I am loving the change to Planeswalkers. Sure, it does change the game in rather dramatic way, but it also puts them in line with the Legendary rule, which is neat and tidy. Also my canadian highlander G/B control can now have 3 Lilianas, 2 Nissas and 3 Garruks out at the same time, so I'm not complaining about it any time soon.

hey mom its 420
May 12, 2007

holy poo poo this is already looking like the best set ever, not only are the art and flavor cool, the cards look really fun and there are a million mechanics and of the look great. i don't usually get this hyped about mtg sets but god drat

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

evilweasel posted:

Yeah, it's actually really good. While it's super antisynergetic with the birthing pod-style Company decks (which is one of the first places that looks for silver bullet creatures), anything that has chord/company and doesn't itself rely on ETB triggers is gonna give this serious consideration.

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS
Jace seems ok but holy moly that art is terrible

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

evilweasel posted:

oh ya I was thinking that all the coco decks wouldn't want it because it turns off their own combos. I forgot about the tribal coco decks. seems dope

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

little munchkin posted:

Wizards never disappoins when it comes to red mythics and rare enchantments.

Rowdy Crew is lame as hell but honestly the rare enchantment with a million lines of rules text is actually kind of neat and I actually think star of extinction is cool

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Fingers McLongDong posted:

Hushwing griff has been around for a couple years and nobody uses it. It costs 1 less but at least it has flash too. Most of the chord/company decks would be hurt by the thing being on the field, maybe less so with druid/vizier combo now.

Costing 1 less is important. Surviving pings is important. Sharing a mana cost and creature types with Thalia, Guardian of Thraben is important.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Costing 1 less is important. Surviving pings is important. Sharing a mana cost and creature types with Thalia, Guardian of Thraben is important.

Granted costing 1 less is good, and I didn't think about it being a human. Maybe it could fit into the human aggro sideboard in modern

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
Waker of the Wilds is going to be miserable to face in linited.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

Sickening posted:

The planeswalker change is huge game change. I would expect the 3 cmc's lilies to be more expensive in the short term.

I wonder how many Legacy players will be caught off guard by Karakas bouncing an animated Gideon when it first goes into effect.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Jabor posted:

It's infinite 2/2s with Doubling Season, FWIW.

Jace, Architect of Thought just wins the game on the slot with Doubling Season though.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Fixing via errata:

Meaning judges will hilariously have to explain this at every single prerelease.

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004
edit: beaten

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

Angry Grimace posted:

Fixing via errata:

Meaning judges will hilariously have to explain this at every single prerelease.

functional errata is bullshit. It is one of the things that has turned me off of X-Wing. You need a loving booklet to look up what cards in that game really do vs. what they say.