Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
What should I do with a huge amount of magic jewels that are piling up? I already vendor 5 junk rares together to make a new one but there are just so many magic ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

What should I do with a huge amount of magic jewels that are piling up? I already vendor 5 junk rares together to make a new one but there are just so many magic ones.

Same thing you do with rares or you could try alt spamming for good mods and regaling them.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

Is this as ridiculous as I think it is?

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

My double chin turned out to be a huge cyst
Probably not, but with those rolls that's still 10c or so.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Yesterday I spent my last 30c on 128 coins.

Six hours later, I bought a 6L Lioneye's Vision for 375c.

If you pray enough to the RNG gods, they will on occasion smile upon you.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Vasudus posted:

Six hours later, I bought a 6L Lioneye's Vision for 375c.

Does that include coloring the loving thing? Whoever decided to put free pierce gem on a red chest is the king of all trolls.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

dis astranagant posted:

Does that include coloring the loving thing? Whoever decided to put free pierce gem on a red chest is the king of all trolls.

I've got An Idea(tm) that requires only a few greens.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
It was prob already chromed up

Ed: or not

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Slayer, full phys bow user. Lioneye's Glare, Vision, and Fall.

450k against bosses for Barrage 7L. Never miss. Considerably reduced reflect, obscene leeching. Gonna be rad.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

terrified of my bathroom posted:

i guess the best thing that i can say about hiero is that its strong in its niche. its just that its niche is crit spell casting totems or some kind of weird mom build

uh

just fyi warchief is a totem, and is still a very high dps build with hierophant

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

I'm thinking of trying Blade Vortex with the poison stacking gems. The 30% more damage with ailments per stack looks abusable.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I'm level 78, running T7-9 maps very easily but I just can't find any higher tier maps to drop. I might get one T9 for every 5x T7 that drops.

Maps on poe.trade are cheap enough, but the people selling them don't bother responding to my messages because it's not worth their time for an Alchemy orb.

Is there anything I can do to more reliably get higher tier drops?

Should I use 4x Chisel on a white quality and then just Transmute / Alch them? I've got a decent stockpile of some 50 Alchemy Orbs.

Also, I found a Poorjoy's Asylum but I'm not sure if I can do it. I only have about 3.6K HP due to a handful of Uniques / other outdated gear:

http://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/sab669/characters MrKholin is the character I'm using now. Think I can handle the map?

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...

deep dish peat moss posted:

I agree that skele mages is sweet. This is the first summoner/pet build I've played in any ARPG (and I've played every ARPG) that feels right since Diablo 2 Skelemancer and my clear speed with From Dust is absurd. It's literally the fastest clearing character I've ever played, but I've never played Vaal Spark.
Is 4 x To Dust compulsory for the build? Keen to try it, but 120+ chaos in startup costs is a little steep for me. Could you get away with fewer, at least at first?

Zephro fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Aug 28, 2017

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

As usual I wonder how skeleton mages would do against the shaper. Probably can't scale their damage high enough.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Sab669 posted:

I'm level 78, running T7-9 maps very easily but I just can't find any higher tier maps to drop. I might get one T9 for every 5x T7 that drops.

Maps on poe.trade are cheap enough, but the people selling them don't bother responding to my messages because it's not worth their time for an Alchemy orb.

Should I use 4x Chisel on a white quality and then just Transmute / Alch them? I've got a decent stockpile of some 50 Alchemy Orbs.

Also, I found a Poorjoy's Asylum but I'm not sure if I can do it. I only have about 3.6K HP due to a handful of Uniques / other outdated gear:

http://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/sab669/characters MrKholin is the character I'm using now. Think I can handle the map?

Just keep running the maps you do have. Are you alching all the maps you run? Alch them all. Don't chisel them though, save chisels for red maps. Pack size is the most important thing for getting more maps to drop, but you don't need to do anything fancy to get more maps at the tier you're at. Also you're only level 78 so you really have a pretty small sample size of maps run, you just gotta keep going. They will drop. For comparison, people get all the level to level 100 running tier 11 maps. Don't worry about the tier of map versus your own level too much. You can still get good drops and experience for a long time with the maps you currently have.

Save the poorjoy's for later once you have more levels, gear, and hp. A 3.6khp melee build is gonna have a bad time in poorjoy's.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Sab669 posted:

yeah chisel + alch the t9s you get while you are still getting established at that tier (stop chiseling but keep alching once you have a decent number of maps). if you really get desperate you could use a vaal orb on top of that, which can give more mods for more iiq or even outright upgrade the map to the next tier. harbinger orbs are good for maintaining high tier maps too.

also, remember that you can vendor 3x of the same map for the next map in connection, which is usually a tier higher. so those t7s can help you stay in t8/t9 too.

Jazerus fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Aug 28, 2017

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Ciaphas posted:

As usual I wonder how skeleton mages would do against the shaper. Probably can't scale their damage high enough.

skeleton mages usually also run zombies or spectres (or both), with an aura or two and desecrate+offerings you can pull out some crazy single-target damage. I've only leveled my summoner to 50 but bosses usually end up being really easy because you can sit back and let your hasted beeftank zombies beat the hell out of them, mages are more for packs

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Horizon and Harbinger Orbs are also fantastic for filling out your atlas. I wanted vaults, I had nothing but T9s. Vended three Temples, got a Malformation, used two Harbinger Orbs, and four Horizons later I got a Vaults. Now I've got a bunch.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Vasudus posted:

Horizon and Harbinger Orbs are also fantastic for filling out your atlas. I wanted vaults, I had nothing but T9s. Vended three Temples, got a Malformation, used two Harbinger Orbs, and four Horizons later I got a Vaults. Now I've got a bunch.

Did you shape your atlas to farm vaults? How's that working out if you did? I was strongly considering doing that before the league started but decided against it.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Hauki posted:

Reforged Bonds?

edit: I think Risen Blood counts too actually

It didn't. Just missing living blood bloodline pack kill for 36 challenges

Shayl
Apr 11, 2007

So out of pure luck I found Bisco's. I assume this is worth more to me using it than selling it, correct?

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

Reddit has helpfully advised me that I look like a "15 year old fortnite boi"

redneck nazgul posted:

I'm thinking of trying Blade Vortex with the poison stacking gems. The 30% more damage with ailments per stack looks abusable.

Wait... what skill gem or jewel does this? I want this now!

(I did a quick search on the wiki, and I couldn't find something that gives 30% more multiplier per stack -- unless I'm missing something, which I probably am)

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

blade vortex

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

Shayl posted:

So out of pure luck I found Bisco's. I assume this is worth more to me using it than selling it, correct?

If you can accommodate the amulet slot without losing clear speed, yeah probably.

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

OK, I have a question about the new Ruthless Support gem combined with Lacerate. I did some google searching, some testing in-game, and I couldn't come away with a definitive answer.

When Ruthless Support activates, does it apply its buff to *both* Lacerate slashes/attacks or just *one* of the two slashes/attacks that come out as part of Lacerate?

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

J posted:

Did you shape your atlas to farm vaults? How's that working out if you did? I was strongly considering doing that before the league started but decided against it.

I didn't start out with that in mind. I have no T10s other than shaped Mesa, 11s other than shaped Racecourse, 12s other than vaults, 13s other than shaped whatever (coves? I can't recall), or 14s other than mineral pools and Volcano. I do whatever T15s drop and just have Minotaur unlocked for guardians, which I did on my skellymancer.

Vaults is real good. Unfortunately Abandoned Wealth is not as good as it usually is, due to the chaos ratio.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Mondian posted:

Right between Chaos and Exalted.

Speaking of which, Exalted keep tanking, should I just liquidate them before I've lost too much? Also, any solid answers on why they're tanking so hard?

zana has good mods this league, lv7 is nemesis(head hunterr) level 8 is breech.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Shayl posted:

Assuming you mean the amulet, yes. The quantity from normal monsters roll is what matters. If yours is low I would strongly consider divining it. A high quant rolled bisco's is completely ridiculous and any build that can still function while using it, should use it while mapping. The difference in raw currency drops, 6 socket items, and div cards is really noticeable. You can always switch to a real amulet before the boss if you need to.

Shayl
Apr 11, 2007

J posted:

Assuming you mean the amulet, yes. The quantity from normal monsters roll is what matters. If yours is low I would strongly consider divining it. A high quant rolled bisco's is completely ridiculous and any build that can still function while using it, should use it while mapping. The difference in raw currency drops, 6 socket items, and div cards is really noticeable. You can always switch to a real amulet before the boss if you need to.

Cool thanks, yeah its the amulet. My build is actually almost all about doing map monsters and not doing bosses, so it seems like I should roll with this amulet for sure.

I'm afraid to hit it with divine orbs just yet because I don't have too many of those and don't want to make it any worse, though.

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all

Dahbadu posted:

OK, I have a question about the new Ruthless Support gem combined with Lacerate. I did some google searching, some testing in-game, and I couldn't come away with a definitive answer.

When Ruthless Support activates, does it apply its buff to *both* Lacerate slashes/attacks or just *one* of the two slashes/attacks that come out as part of Lacerate?

Both slashes, since the one-two combo of lacerate is one attack.

Same with if you have multistrike; you still have to swing nine times, three attacks, to get ruthless to trigger.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

the bitcoin of weed posted:

skeleton mages usually also run zombies or spectres (or both), with an aura or two and desecrate+offerings you can pull out some crazy single-target damage. I've only leveled my summoner to 50 but bosses usually end up being really easy because you can sit back and let your hasted beeftank zombies beat the hell out of them, mages are more for packs

I have no idea how Spectres work at all, never even tried them.

I wonder what shields I can use with Necromantic Aegis that would equally benefit both skelemages and zombies/spectres.

I'm currently running Anger with Generosity and level 1 Clarity for the Commander benefits from Necromancer. I wonder what else I could run.

(edit) Or should I drop Necromantic Aegis and get a 6L staff instead, so I can have two 6L'd summons?

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Aug 28, 2017

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Haste?

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?
Victario's Charity is a good go-to with anything that you resummon a lot of

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

zxqv8 posted:

Victario's Charity is a good go-to with anything that you resummon a lot of

Ooh, they'd be granting each other frenzy charges all day with this, wouldn't they. That sounds spectacularly neat.

Only did an SRS summoner up to 40 in previous league, didn't realize this class of characters was quite so interesting and versatile. Seems like it's difficult to scale them up to maximum power, though, since so many gear stats don't affect them. Is that wrong?

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

Voxx posted:

Both slashes, since the one-two combo of lacerate is one attack.

Same with if you have multistrike; you still have to swing nine times, three attacks, to get ruthless to trigger.

Thanks. That's good to know.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Ciaphas posted:

Ooh, they'd be granting each other frenzy charges all day with this, wouldn't they. That sounds spectacularly neat.

Only did an SRS summoner up to 40 in previous league, didn't realize this class of characters was quite so interesting and versatile. Seems like it's difficult to scale them up to maximum power, though, since so many gear stats don't affect them. Is that wrong?

I'm currently doing a gimmick Scion build with the Guardian and Necromancer ascendancy nodes for sharing charges (really good with Victario's Charity) and buffing all my summons with auras, this I think would scale pretty well with decent gear but haven't fully mapped it out in PoB yet. Wrath adds both lightning damage to basic attacks and %increased lightning damage to spells, which benefits mages and other summons at the same time, and will probably add a few more offensive auras once I pick up some reduced reserved mana passives and that amulet that lets you run one at no cost. There's a lot of weird uniques that affect summons in various ways to experiment with too

kaaj
Jun 23, 2013

don't stop, carry on.
So my Scorching Ray templar died in A6, but I can only blame myself - I had like 1% damage reduction from armor and didn't update any gear since early Act 2 (surprised he got that far).

This just shows that Decoy Totem is as insane as everybody is saying and I'm going to run it in every build build forever now.

I managed to find a Solaris Lorica and as I've got no experience with ES based builds (yes, I know they are poop now), I was thinking - if I tried really really hard, is it possible to level mostly as a ES char from the start, with the idea being to go CI ultimately, not low life. Anybody would have any handy build guides for this?

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I passed on the Victario shield because my mages one or two shot everything including T16 trash, are resummoned frequently and most bosses don't have the adds to keep charges rolling.

I'm pushing 88 on my skellymages necro with Minotaur down so I guess I better get working on that effortpost.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Question for things that have multiple strikes per attack (specifically ice crash). Do effects that say "on hit" or "each enemy hit" trigger once or multiple times per attack?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...

Vasudus posted:

I passed on the Victario shield because my mages one or two shot everything including T16 trash, are resummoned frequently and most bosses don't have the adds to keep charges rolling.

I'm pushing 88 on my skellymages necro with Minotaur down so I guess I better get working on that effortpost.
Would I need to buy all four skellymage jewels at once for the build to work, or can you get away with two or three for a while? I'm poor but keen to try the build