Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
K, blizz. I get it. Shards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olaf The Stout
Oct 16, 2009

FORUMS NO.1 SLEEPY DAWGS MEMESTER

Knifegrab posted:

Who is the tankiest tank? I just want to play someoen who just soaks damage, I don't really give a poo poo about much else, I just want to soak and soak and soak.

I love Jo but she's not in a great place right now, except if you need blinds. I'd recommend muradin over her, double thunderclap with healing per hero hit, avatar, ignore pain, third wind.... Muradin is nuts for absorbing damage and not caring at all.

Dehaka with adaptation is also rad when you pop it, eat a ton of damage, and burrow until you get your life back. He's a brick shithouse of regen if you can stagger out the damage a bit.

With stiches people generally build for slam, but if you're in QM and got a good healer or two, stiches tank build with extra healing received can be infuriating for the enemy team.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Knifegrab posted:

Who is the tankiest tank? I just want to play someoen who just soaks damage, I don't really give a poo poo about much else, I just want to soak and soak and soak.

Azmodan :v:

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Everything's coming up explodey!

Pillbug

Olaf The Stout posted:

Dehaka with adaptation is also rad when you pop it, eat a ton of damage, and burrow until you get your life back. He's a brick shithouse of regen if you can stagger out the damage a bit.

Dehaka owns and everyone should play him.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Olaf The Stout posted:

I love Jo but she's not in a great place right now, except if you need blinds. I'd recommend muradin over her, double thunderclap with healing per hero hit, avatar, ignore pain, third wind.... Muradin is nuts for absorbing damage and not caring at all.

With stiches people generally build for slam, but if you're in QM and got a good healer or two, stiches tank build with extra healing received can be infuriating for the enemy team.

Jo is still really good, she just doesn't set up amazing plays like all the other tanks. Dehaka, anub, mura, arthas, etc are just much better because of the other stuff they bring to your comp. Varian is probably better all around than jo, since he literally is unkillable with parry, taunt, and armor talents.

Ailumao
Nov 4, 2004

I think Stitches and Anub are the strongest "tanks" in the game right now but they require you to do a lot more than just be a pile of meat. They're a lot more about initiating and then running around making everyone else miserable than just soaking.

Stitches especially feels super strong atm.

Sensual Simian
Jun 7, 2004

summer jorts
Arthas a good boy

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
there was this racist piece of shit in your av so I fixed it
you're welcome
pay it forward~
I'm gonna defend Probius and say he dominates scrambled QM teams 80% of the time. Never go cannon build because it sucks. I've even started taking a liking to Null Gate recently, since they decided that pylons should be made of paper a couple patches ago.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Lprsti99 posted:

Dehaka owns and everyone should play him.

Dehaka's kit is super boring on paper but insanely fun in action.

tcjimbo
May 15, 2008

This is Jimbo!
Hey-hey, man!
We got this!
Dehaka is fun because when you kill a wave of minions in one lane and Z to another lane to gank it gives you the "I have finished farming" feeling.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
Any tips for Zeratul? He seems insanely weak to me. I'll try to get ganks and stuff but he's so fragile and it seems like his damage is not that high. Is it a matter of executing the combo perfectly? I Just Don't Get It

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

SirSamVimes posted:

Dehaka.. is super boring... in action.

Here, I helped you.

I wish Probius turret build was better.

tcjimbo
May 15, 2008

This is Jimbo!
Hey-hey, man!
We got this!

Schneider Inside Her posted:

Any tips for Zeratul? He seems insanely weak to me. I'll try to get ganks and stuff but he's so fragile and it seems like his damage is not that high. Is it a matter of executing the combo perfectly? I Just Don't Get It

Are you effectively communicating with your team to set up the gank? Zeratul has a combo that can delete alot of Squishies late in the game. Check out a YouTube video by psalm about the build. PS I'm traveling and bored and will try to answer any questions while my connection still works.

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

Schneider Inside Her posted:

You aren't supposed to be trying to 100-0 someone in the early game. You want to be checking on the health of the enemy team in each lane, and showing up at the lane where they're just a little too far from their cannons or waited just a little too long to hit the fountain. Having a team that can deny the enemy regen orbs is preferable to make those ganks possible.

Late game, you can 100-0 people. Start by positioning yourself to body block the likely escape route of your target. If you got the every third attack crits and the attack after skill crits, try to open with a slash, followed by a third attack (meaning make sure your 1 and 2 were used on a minion or a wall before going in for a gank attempt), and weave bomb in before the next third attack. You've got two skills that will get you to your target as they try to run away, use them and you are very sticky, preferably 1 first and then warp for the finish so you can wormhole back out.

It is very difficult to gank heroes that can teleport or leap make distance somehow. You're really limited to gankable targets that have no escape, or ones that have that escape on cooldown. But keep in mind even doing enough damage to make the enemy retreat and miss a wave or stall out their push is a win.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Also, if nobody is in gankable HP range, it's still worth it to chunk one of them down. Helps whoever is laning against them, and if they don't heal up you can return soon to finish the job.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Knifegrab posted:

Garrosh, cmon now.

tcjimbo
May 15, 2008

This is Jimbo!
Hey-hey, man!
We got this!

Knifegrab posted:

You will only tank damage by making the other team want to attack you. You don't accomplish this by running into the other team but by making plays that force the other team to either focus you or be punished.

Johanna is one of the bulkiest tanks but you need to be setting up ganks with her or babysitting a squishier, more vulnerable hero. Your W is good for waceclear but it's even stronger to use it to pull someone out of position to set up kills. You follow up with Q to slow the SUCCed up hero to prevent escape, not just for waveclear and damage. Because your going to be communicating with your team, you'll be up front to soak the damage and force the other team to commit damage/disables to you. Being the tank is being the team fight leader so make sure you're able to shotcall and make plays happen otherwise you'll be ineffective in your role.

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Almost every warrior can be the tankiest tank depending on enemy team comp and I think that is good.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Johanna isn't bad but I feel like if all her abilities got a buff it wouldn't be a bad thing. Make her blind wider at the start so you don't whiff on Illidan's dancing around you, make her W a little bigger and/or give it an optional slow, and I don't know what I'd do with her Q but it seems pretty bad.

tcjimbo
May 15, 2008

This is Jimbo!
Hey-hey, man!
We got this!

PantsBandit posted:

Johanna isn't bad but I feel like if all her abilities got a buff it wouldn't be a bad thing. Make her blind wider at the start so you don't whiff on Illidan's dancing around you, make her W a little bigger and/or give it an optional slow, and I don't know what I'd do with her Q but it seems pretty bad.

All of her abilities were nerfed because she used to be the best tank in the game. You could probably get away with increasing the range of her q and w but any buffs to her damage might push her back into op status.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

tcjimbo posted:

All of her abilities were nerfed because she used to be the best tank in the game. You could probably get away with increasing the range of her q and w but any buffs to her damage might push her back into op status.

Yeah I don't think her damage needs a buff, she seems to be a utility/support tank which is totally fine, but her abilities just seem lacking compared to other tanks. I play a decent amount of ETC and, though he's a little less "tanky", I think he's leagues more helpful than Johanna when it comes to exposing squishies, pulling aggro, and supporting your team.

Primetime
Jul 3, 2009

PantsBandit posted:

Yeah I don't think her damage needs a buff, she seems to be a utility/support tank which is totally fine, but her abilities just seem lacking compared to other tanks. I play a decent amount of ETC and, though he's a little less "tanky", I think he's leagues more helpful than Johanna when it comes to exposing squishies, pulling aggro, and supporting your team.

It doesn't help that she's specifically an anti-auto attack tank. Her blind only helps with AA heavy heroes, her Q and W are better suited to pull an illidan or sonya off a squishy, and she gets passive physical armor.

Thing is, with ranges burst mages so popular right now, w and q aren't terribly helpful (at least w can break a channel). E becomes near useless and her armor trait does nothing. So in most cases other tanks feel way more useful

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Johanna is a hard counter to Cassia, though. If you wanna have a fun time in a game where they draft Cass, go Jo and go to town on her FACE.

Primetime
Jul 3, 2009

Fuzz posted:

Johanna is a hard counter to Cassia, though. If you wanna have a fun time in a game where they draft Cass, go Jo and go to town on her FACE.

She's also an excellent pairing with cassia since the blind makes for very very easy cassia fend crits.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that DVAs self destruct is dumb. It's basically a get out of jail free card whenever a teamfight isn't going in her team's favor. If you're playing with a full group I guess you could communicate to each other that you're going to just push through and continue fighting, but if you have 1 or 2 people and it goes off you may as well just leave because your team is going to scatter to the winds. Not a fun mechanic.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
PTR's updatin'.

Aaod
May 29, 2004
I wouldn't be as bothered if she couldn't get her mech back so easily after that. Overall the only Overwatch hero I don't think was overtuned/badly designed was Lucio and even that is a bit questionable.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Kel'Thuzad's up on the PTR until Sept. 4.

Patch Notes: http://us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/20976073/heroes-of-the-storm-ptr-notes-august-28-2017-8-28-2017

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!
I don't know how I feel about the Morales rework, but here's hoping it makes it easier to kill her in a deathball!

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
She's already one of the weakest supports in the game. Why would they nerf her?

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Morales existing design, talents, and playstyle were all garbage so I'm looking forward to what appears to be a total redesign.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

All these changes look great.

bamhand posted:

She's already one of the weakest supports in the game. Why would they nerf her?

This isn't a nerf.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Primetime posted:

She's also an excellent pairing with cassia since the blind makes for very very easy cassia fend crits.

Yeah, for sure. Artanis is another great Cassia pairing since he can take the AoE blind ult and she can just go to town.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

(New) Ominous Wraith (E)
Wraith Walk lasts 100% longer and lowers the damage of all enemy Heroes passed through by 50% for 4 seconds

holy
moly
:hb:

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

:same:

also:

quote:

New Special Event: Obey the Call
Slay heroes in Kel’Thuzad’s name to earn in-game rewards before the event concludes on September 25, 2017!
Each quest in this four-part chain must be completed in order, and only one quest will be active at any given time.
Games played in Versus A.I., Quick Match, Unranked, and Ranked modes all count toward quest progress.
Games played during the Acolyte, Necromancer, and Lich Lord quests must be won in order to earn takedown credit.
Quests and Rewards
Ghoul: Play a game with Kel’Thuzad present on either team.
Reward: Ghoul Portrait
Acolyte: Achieve 30 takedowns in winning games.
Reward: Acolyte Portrait
Necromancer: Achieve 60 takedowns in winning games.
Rewards: Necromancer Portrait and Necromancer’s Blight Spray
The Lich Lord: Achieve 90 takedowns in winning games.
Rewards: Kel’Thuzad Portrait and Naxxramas Warcrest Banner

Anyone want to do all 4 quests in literally one AI game for shits & giggles?

e:

quote:

A quest column has been added to the Talents tab on the in-game Score Screen.
Baseline quests, such as Kel’Thuzad’s Master of the Cold Dark or Nazeebo’s Voodoo Ritual, will appear in this column and quest progress will be visible to all players in the match.

:circlefap:

BrianBoitano fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Aug 28, 2017

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

PTR patch is available now. Also, this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3vTE55kRcg

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

BrianBoitano posted:

Anyone want to do all 4 quests in literally one AI game for shits & giggles?

From the way it's worded and just from how I'd guess the quests work, it sounds like you'd need to play a minimum of four games so you can clear each quest out of the way.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

John Murdoch posted:

From the way it's worded and just from how I'd guess the quests work, it sounds like you'd need to play a minimum of four games so you can clear each quest out of the way.

Fair. I'd think the last 3 games wouldn't need any kills, though, since it'd be really dumb if you needed 60, and then 90 additional kills each time, just for portraits and banners.

Unrelated:

quote:

The following Mounts have been awarded to players who reached Platinum in Hero League or Bronze in Team League during 2017 Ranked Season 2:

Anyone who hasn't TL'ed yet this season, this week is the week to do your placement matches! I'll be on around 7:00 EST today in /join SAGoons.

edit:

quote:

Arthas: After learning the Shattered Armor Talent, Heroes rooted by Frost Presence’s quest reward will now correctly have their Armor reduced.

Holy poo poo, this is coded as a bugfix but I swore it was intentional before. This is a decent buff!

and

quote:

Garrosh: Fixed an issue that could cause Wrecking Ball to fail to throw a target but go on a full cooldown.

Thank loving god

one more

quote:

Samuro: Switching places with a Mirror Image will no longer cancel queued commands.
Samuro: Clicking a control group to select a Mirror Image after learning Illusion Master will no longer cancel active Move Commands being carried out by that Image.

BrianBoitano fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Aug 28, 2017

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

new leoric is so good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

BrianBoitano posted:

Fair. I'd think the last 3 games wouldn't need any kills, though, since it'd be really dumb if you needed 60, and then 90 additional kills each time, just for portraits and banners.

I'm blindly assuming it's not going to count any additional kills until you activate the next stage of the quest, so three games with 30 kills each. I could just as easily be wrong though.