Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Autistic Bran rules. When they were doing the screenshot of talking about Jon's lineage and and Bran was doing the travel through time montage, where Bran is standing there watching the events unfold. When the show did the final montage cut to Dany and Jon boning I was really hoping that Bran would be standing there watching lol

I liked how Tyrion stood in the hallway and listened.

I really liked how qyburn picked up the arm because of course he would.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Waltzing Along posted:

Is that too hard for you?

-----

Yes.

It's page 105.

On a side note, we should have a thread where we print out 2 random pages from a GBS thread and put it up at work, then post the reactions.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

Glenn Quebec posted:

How did urine know that there would be a wight to make his exit ?? Like how did they even plan that? Why not have him be missing from that meeting altogether

"As soon as you get an opportunity act like you're deserting me. idk make dwarf jokes at Tyrion and hope he gets pissed off or something."

Out of all the dumb things in this season I find that one pretty easy to explain.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Ok but then just don't have him there?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Glenn Quebec posted:

How did urine know that there would be a wight to make his exit ?? Like how did they even plan that? Why not have him be missing from that meeting altogether
i liked urine's frozen look of boredom mixed with slight amusement prior to the "nothing ever terrified me as much as this" line

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Yes.

It's page 105.

On a side note, we should have a thread where we print out 2 random pages from a GBS thread and put it up at work, then post the reactions.

I posted a link 2 pages back. so yes, I guess too hard.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Autistic Bran rules. When they were doing the screenshot of talking about Jon's lineage and and Bran was doing the travel through time montage, where Bran is standing there watching the events unfold. When the show did the final montage cut to Dany and Jon boning I was really hoping that Bran would be standing there watching lol
The way the show breaks this up is kinda wonky. When Bran is viewing current events he sees it through animals (ex: birds watching the white walkers), but for viewing events in the past we see him physically standing there (ex: Hodor, Rhaegar & Lyanna's marriage, Ned being given Jon). It's a strange difference because why bother spying through animals at all? How long after something happens does it become "the past"?

Does he have to wait a day to watch Dany & Jon bang on Hulu?

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

Glenn Quebec posted:

Ok but then just don't have him there?

Honestly they might as well not have him on the show at all, but it's not like anything else makes sense either.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

Probably because bran flying with arms out spread with a bunch of birds would look dumb

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
to you maybe. id be aroused

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
As opposed to showing him standing on a mountain looking over the horde marching instead? I think the writers don't really care about Bran's powers so they get confused between his seeming omniscience, which is for observing, and warging into animals, which is for taking action.

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
Lol this show rules I can't wait for elephants to step on people

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
I hope a zombie giant suplexes an elephant.

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

bloom posted:

epic boatsex

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
Epic boatsex

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

ElGroucho posted:

I don't like that GRRM made it seem like the only bad thing about incest is that sometimes people go crazy go nuts! All the Targs should look like those hosed up Ptolemic dynasty coins from ancient Egypt

I think in the books they actually make a point that the Targs have deformities and odd hair and eye colorations. But that just could be GRRM being anime instead of showing the ravage of genetics.

It sucks that people who just watch the show will never have to suffer through Darkstar.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Couple of points about two supposed master strategists in the show.

Littlefingers tactic of explaining how he thinks to Sansa by basically saying "think the worst of everyone based on how they act" was dumb because Arya had plenty of opportunities to kill her after coming back to Winterfell but didn't and had repeatedly said she didn't want to be a proper Lady. Meanwhile, Littlefinger himself is a renowned piece of poo poo who has hosed over multiple different people on multiple different occasions so his pep talk boiled down to: "lol, you're better off to kill the likes of me because i'm definitely going to gently caress you over". It was bad writing for his character and a cheap way to get rid of him.

Cersei is also hosed after she has the incest baby because she has given Jamie numerous reasons to murder her and the only thing stopping him is that she is pregnant with his kid. That and letting him walk out of Kings Landing so he can go tell Cersei's enemies all her plans which she filled him in on as he was leaving was loving dumb writing.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
No you see it was actually flawless storytelling because *fart*

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

lol @ the people in this thread insisting the spoilers can't be real because they are too dumb, when it has repeatedly been shown that yeah, spoilers are real, and yes, the show is dumb.

Paranoid Peanut
Nov 13, 2009

so what was the hound referring to when he got to meet his zombie bro? something about he knows what's coming for him... wut?

Mr. Merdle
Oct 17, 2007

THE GREAT MANBABY SUCCESSOR

Trast posted:

I think in the books they actually make a point that the Targs have deformities and odd hair and eye colorations. But that just could be GRRM being anime instead of showing the ravage of genetics.

It sucks that people who just watch the show will never have to suffer through Darkstar.

Lol I remember getting to that dude in the book and thinking "there's no way a dude has a name that absurd.

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

Paranoid Peanut posted:

so what was the hound referring to when he got to meet his zombie bro? something about he knows what's coming for him... wut?

C L E G A N E B O W L ! ! !

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Lil Peeler posted:

Lol I remember getting to that dude in the book and thinking "there's no way a dude has a name that absurd.

HIs name is one of the least absurd things about him towards the end.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Paranoid Peanut posted:

the hound gonna kill he rear end dead for the second time

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
I thought for sure Jamie was a dead sisterfucker

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

ElGroucho posted:

I thought for sure Jamie was a dead sisterfucker

hes still got some good guying to do

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

he's gotta join up with the auntfucker and save the world.

Sperghetti
Apr 21, 2010

Has anybody said yet there's a roughly 100% chance Cersei is gonna have a dwarf baby? Cause that's surely gonna happen. And she wiIl try to smush it with her foot, Jaime will go Queenslayer and stab her in the back to stop her, and she dies alone. Boom, this writing poo poo is easy

Sperghetti fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Aug 28, 2017

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
I hope Cersei steps on some more dwarfs

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

Cersei can step on me because that woman is sexy as hell

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Hound seems to change size. Sometimes he's just slightly bigger than other humans but when he was near The Mountain he was basically as big.

Also I'm going to say it again I loving love automatic Bran. Finally a character I can relate to.

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
GoT Season 8 Thread: I hope Cersei steps on my balls

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

Uggghh with that upside down smile of hers

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
GoT S8 Thread: Cersei and Bronn sitting in a tree

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world, I feel like I can't take it, and my heart is just going to cave in.
Nap Ghost

Glenn Quebec posted:

Uggghh with that upside down smile of hers

Natalie Dormer was the hottest in that whole show. That and the red witch pre and post necklace.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

Waltzing Along posted:

GoT S8 Thread: epic boatsex

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
I hope someone has epic boatsex and the boat stomps on my balls

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world, I feel like I can't take it, and my heart is just going to cave in.
Nap Ghost

el dingo posted:

I hope someone has epic boatsex and the boat stomps on my balls

Woah there champ. One fetish at a time.

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Nap Ghost
Honestly surprised they didn't have dragon's banging yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
Epic boatsex was had :smuggo: