Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
The legend dive on Terra was enough. Now I'm a cool kid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Jesus this MP battle is brutal. His triclip attack did 6k damage through Wall, Proshellga, and all breakdowns.

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

Is Heavenlord any good? Haven't seen him in the rankings on the Wiki.

Oh, and Sephiroth is coming to JP.

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Finally beat my first magicite dungeon (Fenrir). Blew a bunch of mithril and eggs to do it. Had a failed mage attempt with Shantotto and Reynn before I decided to take a shot at getting Ayame's BSB. Took a few pulls but I ended up with it (also a bunch of Lion stuff and Ayame's OSB). I justified it by not having pulled on most of the recent banners (think I did one on XV just because lucky draw got me a Noctis item), needing more Ice in general, and only really wanting to pull on the Shadow/Setzer banner outside of anniversary anyways, but I do not recommend chasing relics in general.

I had been trying with Celes but she doesn't have the damage-I kept hitting the enrage timer or just running out of gas. I ran Ayame, Squall, Ysh, Ramza and Alphamaud and took him down. Seems fairly stable, I've killed him a couple more times with the only real issue being someone getting killed from bite before my mitigation is up. At least now I have an Enkidu which should help with the remaining dudes.

As an aside, I'm also kinda happy with Ayame in general. I feared a bit after spending a bunch of eggs and an MC3 (as an aside, do we ever get easier access to these? I'm running super-low and I know I'll probably need to crack some on some earth/fire dudes at the bare minimum) on her that even if it did the job I'd end up not using her much, but her BSB seems fairly strong and she has a lot of elemental coverage with her skillset so I can actually see pulling her out for more than just farming the one encounter. I'm also interested in trying Lion sometime who seems like Vaan only for atk-heavy bosses? Although no support makes super-breaking seem less viable.

Also I do think the Magicite stuff is maybe a bit overtuned, but I'm liking having to break up my normal strategies/teams. That said I wish they were maybe a bit more on the "gimmick" side like nightmares vs. what seems to be mostly gear/level checks that they are.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
using TG mode RM is extremely valuable in these magicite fights that encourage fast clears

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Done 4 of the Magicites so far. Definitely giving me an idea of what I should be shooting for in the future in terms of banners. Also, any good ideas for a RW in the VIII Torment? I have 0 ice BSBs right now.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."

iamsosmrt posted:

I have 0 ice BSBs right now.

Well one of the best in the game is on the current FFXI-2 banner.

I'm trying my best to not pull on it, but I'll probably end up convincing myself otherwise.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

The man called M posted:

Is Heavenlord any good? Haven't seen him in the rankings on the Wiki.

Oh, and Sephiroth is coming to JP.

You're in the FFRK thread. But yeah, Seph is awesome enough to deserve hype in two games threads.

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011

ceaselessfuture posted:

I'm trying my best to not pull on it, but I'll probably end up convincing myself otherwise.

I am having the very same debate. I'll wait the theorical elemental fest and see, first.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
Yeah, that's one of the things stopping me too.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

ceaselessfuture posted:

Yeah I too am trying to wait and see about the fests. At the very least, I'm pulling on FFV first. I've had my eye on the Ayame relic for sure, but I'm not especially fond of the rest of the banner.

I guess I'll try Edea or Squall BSBs and see what happens. I have pretty good VIII synergy overall, just nothing for Ice, for whatever reason. The main issue I'm seeing is that the boss has a poo poo ton of HP, and I can feasibly see these RWs getting me halfway there. I want to farm MIOs as they're amongst my lowest count, but this isn't looking likely.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

ceaselessfuture posted:

I just tried for it and ended up going 3/11. Didn't get her BSB but I got her LMR, the monk BSB, and Shantotto's SSB. I'd pull again (sitting at 154 mythril) but I know better than to chase a relic.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

the payoff will be worth it when I make a 700 mythril megapost in september :getin:

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
So I can clear Sealion consistently now and I have some copies of Taharka. What's the best way to level them? Can I just run through the xp dungeon tomorrow?

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
i figured i was just going to farm bismarck until i get a bunch of lvl 80 magicites or so and then try fire. I have a few water relics but im not very confident in my overall potency.

way to go steve
Jan 1, 2010
I cleared living flame today using zero water sbs, but it wasn't clean. Had three ninjas with four copies of water veil and two phantasm between them, alphinaud with radiant shield, and a healer. Also some low level magicite from bismark giving water boost.

Took a minute and ten seconds, had some scary moments at the end with last stands popping and sap active, but I did clear and I did get mastery. So that's all six mastered. Gonna focus on sea lion and golem for now, those are the ones that seemed most promising with what I have. Start working on getting duplicates and breaking some level caps.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Finished this event (FFXI)

Completed my FIRST Jump Start, if only because it was waaaaaaaaay easier than the D220 because I could just blast him with my holy a-team with no lead up.

I then did the d220 thinking it'd be a cakewalk since I did the JS.

Nope! bashed my head against him for 3~ hours with my A-team, till eventually I got him by humping as many breakdowns as possible and RWing Vaan bsb.

Now I need to also complete all of the rebirth dungeons :negative:

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

I only got Jumpstart Lich to 50% because I have zero Holy and only Auron's BSB2 for Fire.

I have Beatrix's SSB2 though; would that maybe be enough to clear it if I egged her up? I feel bad letting those motes slip by.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Elephant Ambush posted:

So I can clear Sealion consistently now and I have some copies of Taharka. What's the best way to level them? Can I just run through the xp dungeon tomorrow?

XP dungeon, and clear magicites at sub-60 seconds daily for the Greater Arcana and Arcana rewards.

Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

I'm not here to fuck spiders!

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Finished this event (FFXI)

Completed my FIRST Jump Start, if only because it was waaaaaaaaay easier than the D220 because I could just blast him with my holy a-team with no lead up.

I then did the d220 thinking it'd be a cakewalk since I did the JS.

Nope! bashed my head against him for 3~ hours with my A-team, till eventually I got him by humping as many breakdowns as possible and RWing Vaan bsb.

Now I need to also complete all of the rebirth dungeons :negative:

Normal Lich was waaay harder than Jumpstart Lich. JS Lich died like a chump before he could dump out AOE damage, but normal Lich had plenty of time to wind up big nasty attacks and I had to be careful about healing/mitigation, versus just chumping the dude.

I beat Bismark in the Magicite dungeon based almost solely on Ashe's BSB. I thought I could chump Sea Lion with Refia and Steiner's BSBs, but I wasn't doing nearly enough damage and couldn't keep up with his AOE junk. I have Squall's OSB and USB for ice damage, but they didn't seem to make much of a dent in Fenrir.

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
gently caress it. I've drawn on FF11-2. Itchy drawing trigger finger.

I got what I wanted, Ayame's BSB, her SSB, Lion's SSB and Shanttoto's SSB.

I think I'm very happy about that. I should have not gotten away with that impulse drawing, hahahahah

Cosmic Afro fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Aug 29, 2017

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I did an 11-2 impulse pull as well. Got a couple SSB armour pieces, but I'm not mad about it. It's nice pulling on a banner that you have zero realm synergy for, anything is a win

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
I'm doing Tuesdailies and something seems off. The trash monsters are attacking one after the other with no pause whatsoever. Normally there is a little bit of a pause but it seems like when one monster attacks, the other one will do it's attack in the middle of the first one's animation.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

ApplesandOranges posted:

XP dungeon, and clear magicites at sub-60 seconds daily for the Greater Arcana and Arcana rewards.

I finally got my clear time down under 60 seconds last night. Felt good.

The xp dungeons are awesome for magicite and now I can't wait for the new dailies JP got a little while back.

Next xp run I'm going to equip a single 3* magicite so it levels faster.

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.
Any tips for 180 cat? I'm almost there, I can get him to 10% or so but I'm running out of steam and its damage is insanely high.

All characters 80:

Aphmau R3 Ultra Cure, R3 Memento of a Prayer, Mako Might, shared medica SB
Prishe R5 Curaja, Protectga, +MND RM (back row healer)
Ayame R3 Thundage Strike R2 Thundering Twinstrike, +30% Lit
Curilla R4 Power Breakdown, R2 Gaia's Cross, +30 sword
Lion R2 Thief's Revenge, R2 Dash and Slash (with +wind dagger and +wind armor), +30 dagger

RW Shout

Magicite is level 74 bismarck

It's so close. I think I'd have it if D&S and Thundering Twinstrike were both R3, but I haven't got enough orbs to even upgrade one of them.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Neutral Zone Trap posted:

Any tips for 180 cat? I'm almost there, I can get him to 10% or so but I'm running out of steam and its damage is insanely high.

All characters 80:

Aphmau R3 Ultra Cure, R3 Memento of a Prayer, Mako Might, shared medica SB
Prishe R5 Curaja, Protectga, +MND RM (back row healer)
Ayame R3 Thundage Strike R2 Thundering Twinstrike, +30% Lit
Curilla R4 Power Breakdown, R2 Gaia's Cross, +30 sword
Lion R2 Thief's Revenge, R2 Dash and Slash (with +wind dagger and +wind armor), +30 dagger

RW Shout

Magicite is level 74 bismarck

It's so close. I think I'd have it if D&S and Thundering Twinstrike were both R3, but I haven't got enough orbs to even upgrade one of them.

Caveat: My team was mostly 70s and a level 90 Shantotto however, I only have 2 XI relics but they're Shantotto CSB rod dupes.

That said, I think if you have decent hones, you should be able to do what I did pretty easily. I RW'ed Raines BSB. Gave my CSB rods to Shantotto and Aphmau with the other 3 running support. I did have Enkidu as a Magicite though, so that helped after his double AOE claw attack.

Anyway, I've disbanded the team now so I don't remember everyone, but basically have your supporters heal, mental break, faith boost your DPS, and rely on your two Raines bots to zerg him down. They should hit him pretty hard (about 5k per hit with all buffs) and fast. There's some RNG involved so it might take a couple of S/Ls but I was able to get it down pretty easily, even with mastery even without lowering his attack.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Armitage posted:

I'm doing Tuesdailies and something seems off. The trash monsters are attacking one after the other with no pause whatsoever. Normally there is a little bit of a pause but it seems like when one monster attacks, the other one will do it's attack in the middle of the first one's animation.

It's been like this since the maintenance. I like it, it makes things go just a teensy bit faster.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
I did Sabertooth with a weak XI team in their 60s and no relics. Aphmau/Prishe as healers, with Prishe using Haste and with Gathering Storm RM to get everyone hasted faster. Shantotto with Chain Thundaga and Sudden Thunder, Zeid with Memento Mori/Necrofear, and Lion with Steal Power/Swift Bolt. RW was Raines. Should be fairly replicable if you have a magic sword for Zeid and some kind of magic weapon for Lion.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

I couldn't beat 220 until I brought two healers to get proshellga, wall, and a MBD on lich before his third attack, with one healer (ovelia) ultra curing to break sleeps and yshy wrathing into bsb and wrathing up another wall when healing wasn't needed.

Meanwhile I had agrias lifesiphon up a couple bars before cloud USB, ssb2 for enholy, then BSB and CMD 1 to kill.

Noctis provided some speed with constant lifesiphon->ssb spam.

Still, a bit turtley compared to my usual plan. His 3rd attack would kill someone if I didn't start casting wall turn one and have everything else up. Tough 220 compared to how easy the rest of this event and his JS was.

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.
Nice, thanks. I got him with Raines. Didn't have Totto leveled so used Lion and Prishe as mages.

Still took a bit of tries and it was an ugly win but it wasn't a beauty constest. Championed too so I don't have to go all Thunder God on the cat's rear end later.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Armitage posted:

They sped up a lot of animations for both enemy and player attacks (and deaths). Ruinga in particular is much faster.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Now we just need the option to skip SB animations entirely.

rujasu
Dec 19, 2013

Evil Fluffy posted:

Now we just need the option to skip SB animations entirely.

At least leave the drat buttons on the screen!

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

rujasu posted:

Hell, I don't even need that. Just let me press where the buttons are under the SB animation layer and have that actually do whatever action it is I'm pressing the button for. That's how it works for the 6 star skills which do a full screen animation, like Ultima or Northern Cross, so clearly it can be done that way.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

rujasu posted:

Seriously. This still frustrates me so much. The auto battle icon stays on the screen so why can't the commands be there too?

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

Zurai posted:

Hell, I don't even need that. Just let me press where the buttons are under the SB animation layer and have that actually do whatever action it is I'm pressing the button for. That's how it works for the 6 star skills which do a full screen animation, like Ultima or Northern Cross, so clearly it can be done that way.

I believe you can still select a target during SB animations and such. At least, I've found that if I tap on where I know target should be, when the animation ends that target will be selected. I wish it worked for other stuff too, though, yeah.

Incidentally, though, that's the one thing I dislike about Rosa's USB. At least on my phone, the big ghostly woman hangs out on the screen after the SB "ends", so the timing bars start moving again and buttons pop up for use but you can't see anything with the stupid ghost woman blocking the screen. I usually end up pausing the game halfway through the animation and waiting until the woman goes away before unpausing the game.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

Fister Roboto posted:

They sped up a lot of animations for both enemy and player attacks (and deaths). Ruinga in particular is much faster.

Did they change it today? I hadn't really noticed anything significant other than the game seemed to run a little smoother the last few days. This morning, though it kind of feels like some aspects are running at game speed 5 while others are running at game speed 3. It may be something I just need to get used to.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Armitage posted:

Did they change it today? I hadn't really noticed anything significant other than the game seemed to run a little smoother the last few days. This morning, though it kind of feels like some aspects are running at game speed 5 while others are running at game speed 3. It may be something I just need to get used to.

they updated those animation speeds last maintenance

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

rujasu posted:

FFRK: Final Fantasy's "Down Low! Too Slow!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

HPanda posted:

FFRK: Final Fantasy's "Down Low! Too Slow!"

Hah, it's especially bad in the Magicite fights where those tenths of seconds actually matter.

• Locked thread