Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Pththya-lyi posted:

Trump teleconference

And of course, he's wearing that stupid loving hat.

e: dog tax

my new puppy

dreffen fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Aug 28, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

“Our boy can become president of the USA and we can engineer it,” Mr. Sater wrote in an email. “I will get all of Putins team to buy in on this, I will manage this process.”

:commissar:

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Pththya-lyi posted:

Trump teleconference

This almost makes me pity him, if I didn't know how much of an rear end in a top hat he is. Is this his media team's strategy to build sympathy? Stage photoshoots that make the POTUS look pathetic and SAD!

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Trabisnikof posted:

“Our boy can become president of the USA and we can engineer it,” Mr. Sater wrote in an email. “I will get all of Putins team to buy in on this, I will manage this process.”

:commissar:

Much like all the other connections to donald trump and russia throughout the campaign, trump didn't have any actual knowledge of this and nothing came of it

furthermore

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
FYI Trump is giving a press conference with the President of Finland at 4:20 EST today.

Entirely possible he says something stupid and tone-deaf about Harvey, the most tremendous storm, truly unbelievable and maybe takes questions from reporters. Which went so well last time after Charlottesville.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
President Large Adult Boy.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

oh my god these russia emails almost could not be more incriminating

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

mutata posted:

What's the over/under on Joe Arpaio winning Flake's seat?

That's not what over/under means.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

i mean at this point i now know the republicans will look the other way but jesus christ they are so loving blatant

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Not a Children posted:

This is really friggin' interesting and I'd be really interested to know anything else about retrofitting power generation for a 25hz system.

It's insane that they've been using the same pumps since, what, WWI?

I think it was only fairly recently that the Panama Canal got upgraded (like around 2000). Up till then it was still using the old gear system to open the gates and still uses the old control systems to operate. Old poo poo can last a really long time when it's taken care of properly

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.

evilweasel posted:

It's straight up the "Sorry, I cannot divulge information about that customer's secret, illegal account."

JeffersonClay
Jun 17, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Arpiao lost his re-election for sheriff, he ain't winning a senatorial race.

He'd struggle to win the general, but he could plausibly win the primary. If he runs that's excellent news for democrats.

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

Ague Proof posted:

This almost makes me pity him, if I didn't know how much of an rear end in a top hat he is. Is this his media team's strategy to build sympathy? Stage photoshoots that make the POTUS look pathetic and SAD!

Is there even a Whitehouse photographer for this administration, or is it just some friend of the family "with a really good camera"? It'd fit the way the rest of the early appointments were made. Whoever it is certainly isn't doing him any favors.

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
Why is Trump Early Cuyler?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

:laffo:

Holy gently caress

These people are loving retarded

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

evilweasel posted:

Unfortunately there's a bigger news story right now do this is dropping at the best possible time for trump.

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.

evilweasel posted:

"He's a businessman! Of course he's making these deals."

RWM take

Zapf Dingbat
Jan 9, 2001

evilweasel posted:

i mean at this point i now know the republicans will look the other way but jesus christ they are so loving blatant

"And if it did, it wasn't that bad."

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

evilweasel posted:

I only ask for this to take down as many people as possible

H.P. Grenade
Oct 21, 2003

Smooth.
Well, good to see Felix Sater wasn't bullshitting in his NY Mag interview:

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2017/08/felix-sater-donald-trump-russia-investigation.html

Glad I didn't let myself get hyped after that one. A pleasant surprise, for variable definitions of 'pleasant.'

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

JeffersonClay posted:

He'd struggle to win the general, but he could plausibly win the primary. If he runs that's excellent news for democrats.

he might split the nutjob vote between him and kelli ward though, letting flake slip through

the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

self-deprecation is a very british trait, and problems can arise when the british attempt to do so with a foreign culture

felix sater is the dude who has been going around telling people he's going to jail alongside trump in the near future

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Radish posted:

I thought Maricopa country was the land of old white rear end in a top hat voters.

It's Phoenix

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Robot Hobo posted:

Coalition State of Lone Star requests as aid in response to flooding. Emperor Prosek instead demands that they build a border wall and make the mages pay for it.

Vampires, surely.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Prester Jane posted:

The levee is an earthen mound with a thin strip of concrete on top. Once flood waters start to flow over it they will erode the backside, and that erosion will quickly cause the (inevitable once it starts happening) failure of the levee.

Also sorry all about misniforming you about the risk of the levee collapsing just from the pressure against it. As has been mentioned by several other goons I was in error.

Its no problem, these things can be confusing. I'm an engineer dealing with that kind of thing over in the UK, and our embankments tend to be a hell of a lot lower in height than yours are (apart from the big flood storage reservoirs we have, but they tend to be built into valleys etc). When i was in New Orleans a few years back i specifically went to have a look at the levees, they're insane.

As several people have said, its when they start overtopping in any real volume that there is a very siginificant chance of a breach (which is going to focus all the water behind the whole thing into the breach location, too)

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Except for the Dachshund, the English bulldog, and the spuds Makenzie, those look mostly the same?

:crossarms: I don't think so, Tim.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

the talent deficit posted:

felix sater is the dude who has been going around telling people he's going to jail alongside trump in the near future

Why the gently caress would he do that?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Pollyanna posted:

Why the gently caress would he do that?

pick one or both:

1) he's an idiot and likes the attention
2) he's telling trump that he needs a pardon posthaste

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

JeffersonClay posted:

Just like the nomination of joke-candidate Trump was great news for Hillary, right?

The only good thing about Arpaio is that he's 85 and way too old to run for President.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

It's too hot today...

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit
For the info post.

https://twitter.com/fbcoem/status/902212750922919939

Edit:

https://twitter.com/ChaosStormTeam/status/902202729854009344

Prester Jane fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Aug 28, 2017

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

evilweasel posted:

I really don't know what the US response to this can be, at this point. It's basically an act of war, but we can't go to war with Russia.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Maybe it's just me understanding, hut isn't a voluntary evacuation order completely useless? I can voluntarily evacuate my home literally any day st any time, as could those people (theoretically). Isn't it just the govt saying "yeah, we think you should leave?"

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Your Taint posted:

Maybe it's just me understanding, hut isn't a voluntary evacuation order completely useless? I can voluntarily evacuate my home literally any day st any time, as could those people (theoretically). Isn't it just the govt saying "yeah, we think you should leave?"

It's a valuable statement. A lot of people will wisely wait until an authority says it's time to evacuate.

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

Grapplejack posted:

I really don't know what the US response to this can be, at this point. It's basically an act of war, but we can't go to war with Russia.
Why would anyone in the US who is in charge respond in any way?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Grapplejack posted:

We've always been at war with Russia

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Pththya-lyi posted:

Trump teleconference

Oh my god he's doing the "Mr. Burns" thing with his fingers.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Your Taint posted:

A mandatory evacuation is basically the same thing. Nobody is going to come drag you out of your house or charge you with stupidity.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Hahaha

https://twitter.com/katherinemiller/status/902209748694597632

I'm sure this was posted a week ago, but I missed it. Glad to know the Right is still just projecting when they screech about false flags.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Thank you, we got it!

• Locked thread