Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Tom Perez B/K/M?
This poll is closed.
B 77 25.50%
K 160 52.98%
M 65 21.52%
Total: 229 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/bax_books/status/901545151255896064

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Sorry your dead friend wants a magical Trump-esque solution. Maybe he should have applied himself and learned coding... *loses every election until the end of time*

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

rest in peace Conan, killed by capitalism

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

http://observer.com/2017/08/court-admits-dnc-and-debbie-wasserman-schulz-rigged-primaries-against-sanders/

quote:

On August 25, 2017, Federal Judge William Zloch, dismissed the lawsuit after several months of litigation in which DNC attorneys argued that the DNC would be well within their rights to rig primaries and select their own candidate. “In evaluating Plaintiffs’ claims at this stage, the Court assumes their allegations are true—that the DNC and Wasserman Schultz held a palpable bias in favor Clinton and sought to propel her ahead of her Democratic opponent,” the court order dismissing the lawsuit stated.

"We can do what we want because we're a private club!" - A group of self-appointed royalty who still doesn't understand why they've lost most major elections in the past two years.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

https://twitter.com/jessieopie/status/902178442984259584

about drat time she showed up in wisconsin. a bit too late though

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Condiv posted:

https://twitter.com/jessieopie/status/902178442984259584

about drat time she showed up in wisconsin. a bit too late though
But don't worry, she definitely isn't running again.

:suicide:

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/902208363337064448

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

wasn't he suppose to be a progressive?

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Typo posted:

No he's a Democrat

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Typo posted:

I don't think so....he did challenge Pelosi very poorly for Minority Leader.

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

Typo posted:

Not exactly but his pitch when running to replace Pelosi as leader in the House was "we should probably try to win some loving elections" which is at least an improvement. Sadly Nancy "There Are Benefits To Being Shut Out Of Power" Pelosi carried the day.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

https://twitter.com/davidaxelrod/status/902162464602763264

obama's campaign strategist is pro-fascist? wow!

Sio
Jan 20, 2007

better red than dead

Kilroy posted:

Not exactly but his pitch when running to replace Pelosi as leader in the House was "we should probably try to win some loving elections" which is at least an improvement. Sadly Nancy "There Are Benefits To Being Shut Out Of Power" Pelosi carried the day.

Tim Ryan is loving garbage. There's nothing sad about his challenge failing.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Lightning Knight posted:

My understanding of the issue, which may be incorrect, is that the stated reason the more conservative Assembly rejected the bill is because it doesn't come with any kind of funding provisions because the funding for it would be astronomically higher than what it should be because they have to comply with a requirement that half of all revenue goes to the school system, and to repeal that they need a ballot initiative voted on by the people, not the legislature.

I've read about this guy and he seems like a dick but getting rid of him, even if it's successful, doesn't seem like it's going to fix the actual problem.

I actually agree that the focus specifically on that guy is misguided. The explanation for why passing single-payer wasn't feasible in California (basically what you mentioned about funding provisions) seems pretty reasonable. Effort should instead be focused on attempting to somehow fix structural issues like this. I also am kind of mixed at the idea of proposing single-payer for individual states; I would much rather have a nation-wide system.

edit: I mean, I would still support single-payer in my state (or any other), but it's not ideal.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Ytlaya posted:

I actually agree that the focus specifically on that guy is misguided. The explanation for why passing single-payer wasn't feasible in California (basically what you mentioned about funding provisions) seems pretty reasonable. Effort should instead be focused on attempting to somehow fix structural issues like this. I also am kind of mixed at the idea of proposing single-payer for individual states; I would much rather have a nation-wide system.

i disagree that holding congresscritters' feet to the fire is misguided

dems are not taking the issue seriously in the least. threatening their jobs is the best way to get them to start leading on something that is very important to the populace

they should be leading the charge, and instead they sit on their hands. we don't need another issue like gay marriage where dems do absolutely nothing until everyone else does the footwork for them, and then they swoop in to take credit

Condiv fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Aug 28, 2017

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Condiv posted:

It's funny how offended they pretended to be by Trump's both sides are bad comment then immediately go back to pushing both sides are bad. They want to be commended for doing absolutely nothing so badly.

JeffersonClay
Jun 17, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Condiv posted:

"Those who disagree with our tactics must also disagree with our goals" is like 95% of this thread. Noted Jew David Axelrod must be a nazi, as he cautions against punching nazis.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

JeffersonClay posted:

"Those who disagree with our tactics must also disagree with our goals" is like 95% of this thread. Noted Jew David Axelrod must be a nazi, as he cautions against punching nazis.

you know who else likes to talk about both sides being bad? the fascist in chief. and by parroting his rhetoric you enable him and his little fascist goons. hence, you're pro-fascist

Red and Black
Sep 5, 2011

Varam posted:

Tim Ryan is loving garbage. There's nothing sad about his challenge failing.

Agreed. He's an opportunist who tried to ride progressive discontent into becoming the minority leader, while being very standoffish about many progressive issues. To his credit, he does support Medicare for All, which is a step up from Nancy Pelosi.

But hoo-boy does that quote on "tax reform" show his true colors

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Condiv posted:

you know who else likes to talk about both sides being bad? the fascist in chief. and by parroting his rhetoric you enable him and his little fascist goons. hence, you're pro-fascist

Also LOL at the guy in that twitter thread that was very concerned that if the left is violent Andrew Sullivan would be able to write about how violent the rhetoric of the left is. The right had already blamed Democrats saying RESIST constituted calls for Republicans to be assasinated after one dude shot the congressman at that softball game. They are still living in Cloud Coocooland where Republicans do anything in good faith so we have to make sure we don't give them ammo which they don't need to make disingenuous arguments.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

i mean this is pretty simple JC

we have one side, antifa, who protect people from murderous, violent fascists. for example, rabbis, priests, etc who were protesting peacefully that fascists tried to brutalize

on the other, we have fascists who shoot guns at people and murder people with their cars

by saying that antifa is helping fascists, you're helping fascists. you're trying to shame the people who protect us from fascists, and telling them to stay home and not protect people from fascists. and that's pro-fascist

brian
Sep 11, 2001
I obtained this title through beard tax.

i find the best way to explain antifa to liberals is to just say they're the dark knight

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006
god, that is probably the right approach to take with team JK Rowling

how depressing

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

brian posted:

i find the best way to explain antifa to liberals is to just say they're the dark knight

Oh drat thats actually perfect. Liberals loving love tv and movies lol

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

The problem with that analogy is Antifa aren't rich so liberals like Obama's team can't trust their good judgement and sensible politics.

Ze Pollack posted:

god, that is probably the right approach to take with team JK Rowling

how depressing

Not sure it would work on Rowling since she wrote a series about fighting magical Nazi wizards and still thinks both sides are bad.

Eggplant Squire fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Aug 28, 2017

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Radish posted:

The problem with that analogy is Antifa aren't rich so liberals like Obama's team can't trust their good judgement and sensible politics.

one is....

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Antifa is like when the watchers on the wall have to leave to save those villagers from skinhead barbarians.

JeffersonClay
Jun 17, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Condiv posted:

He's not saying both sides are bad and he's not parroting trump's rhetoric. He's criticizing antifa initiating violence at a previously nonviolent protest. He doesn't have a problem with a bunch of counterprotestors showing up and peacefully standing up to a bunch of idiot Trump supporters. He has a problem with antifa turning a nonviolent protest into a violent one.

From the article he linked:

quote:

An anti-hate rally was disrupted when scores of anarchists wearing black clothing and masks stormed the demonstration in Berkeley and attacked several supporters of President Donald Trump. But police were able to head off any wider violence.

Thousands gathered Sunday in response to a planned anti-Marxism protest that was canceled amid concerns demonstrators might be attacked. The counter-demonstration was largely peaceful for several hours until the antifa, or anti-fascists, overran police barricades around the protest area. The violence was swift but brief, and among those targeted was Joey Gibson, leader of the right-wing organization Patriot Prayer that had called off a demonstration a day earlier in San Francisco.

I know you have an unfortunate nuance deficit but Axelrod is not equating anti-racists with racists here.

I'm also glad to see you're so incensed about people parroting Trump's rhetoric to attack his enemies, considering you were blathering about the Clinton Foundation IRT the Russia investigation less than a month ago.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

JeffersonClay posted:

He's not saying both sides are bad and he's not parroting trump's rhetoric. He's criticizing antifa initiating violence at a previously nonviolent protest. He doesn't have a problem with a bunch of counterprotestors showing up and peacefully standing up to a bunch of idiot Trump supporters. He has a problem with antifa turning a nonviolent protest into a violent one.

I know you have an unfortunate nuance deficit but Axelrod is not equating anti-racists with racists here.

I'm also glad to see you're so incensed about people parroting Trump's rhetoric to attack his enemies, considering you were blathering about the Clinton Foundation IRT the Russia investigation less than a month ago.

hey so heres the thing nazi rallies are not nonviolent bceause their entire ideology is one of inciting violence against minorities

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
stop hitting me i was just peacefully saying we should exterminate the niggers and jews will not replace us ow ow ow why are you initiating violence cries Reinhardt Dickface

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

JeffersonClay posted:

:laffo:

just keep digging that hole. every time antifa is accused of "turning things violent" it turns out to be the other way around. happened with charlottesville, and happened with other protests. and you idiots always jump forward to defend the "poor, peaceful nazis :qq:"

you just can't help but side with trump and defend his little fascist goons can you JC?

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Condiv posted:

just keep digging that hole. every time antifa is accused of "turning things violent" it turns out to be the other way around. happened with charlottesville, and happened with other protests. and you idiots always jump forward to defend the "poor, peaceful nazis :qq:"

you just can't help but side with trump and defend his little fascist goons can you JC?

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

hey jc, do you think this guy's a victim you should defend too?

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Antifa showed up to the pro-science march in the spring in Atlanta. They had a booth and gave out flyers. The bastards.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Condiv posted:

But why can't we just go back to the way things were where I had white privilege but didn't have to feel bad about it?

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Glazier posted:

But why can't we just go back to the way things were where I had white privilege but didn't have to feel bad about it?

These liberals types want to have white privilege, feel bad about it, but do nothing to end it.

JeffersonClay
Jun 17, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Condiv posted:

If you've got some reporting that suggests antifa were valiantly defending counterprotestors from violent right wing thugs, I'll happily say Axelrod is being a moron. But none of the reporting I've seen suggests this is the case at this rally, specifically. Maybe a vigilante mob is sometimes in the right and sometimes not? I know, I know, nuance is a neoliberal plot.

https://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-berkeley-protests-20170827-story,amp.html

quote:

Some in Berkeley worried that Sunday’s chaos, captured on video and quickly disseminated through social media, would provide unwanted ammunition to Trump and his supporters.

“We can’t keep producing this audio-visual propaganda,” said Andrew Noruk, a counter-protester who denounced the fights. “It is recruiting for the right.”...

Anti-fascist protesters also beat one person wearing an American flag. Some threatened to break the cameras of anyone who filmed them, including journalists. Others set off purple smoke bombs.

One counter-protester, in tears, said she worried that Sunday’s event would be tied to violence. Another, who helped break up a fight, was upset over the altercations.

“We need to get antifa out of here,” said Jack Harris, 20, of San Francisco...

Joanna Mendelson, senior investigative researcher with the Anti-Defamation League, watched footage of Sunday’s confrontations and said she drew a “sharp comparison” between the two weekend events. San Francisco provided a proud example of “a community response to objectionable speech,” she said in an email to The Times.

“Today’s story should have only been about the voices of tolerance overpowering those marred by bigotry,” she said. “Instead, any violent response, even if perpetrated by a small number, undermines their entire effort to counter the narrative.”

Do you think these nonviolent counterprotestors realize they're actually secret nazis and Trump supporters because they question antifa's tactics?

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

The Kingfish posted:

These liberals types want to have white privilege, feel bad about it, but do nothing to end it.

Do they though? I think it's more like they feel bad the way you feel bad when you see a penguin eaten by a seal, it's something inevitable and just part of the way life is.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

JeffersonClay posted:

If you've got some reporting that suggests antifa were valiantly defending counterprotestors from violent right wing thugs, I'll happily say Axelrod is being a moron. But none of the reporting I've seen suggests this is the case at this rally, specifically. Maybe a vigilante mob is sometimes in the right and sometimes not? I know, I know, nuance is a neoliberal plot.

https://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-berkeley-protests-20170827-story,amp.html

Do you think these nonviolent counterprotestors realize they're actually secret nazis and Trump supporters because they question antifa's tactics?

i have it on good authority that antifa are good! they're good cause they punch nazis and protect people. you on the other hand defend fascists and cry that they get punched, so you are in fact a fascist supporter. i'll tell you the same thing i say to the other fascist supporter who posts in here sometimes (call to action)

go away fascist enabling scum

fascism sucks. and so do you

go hang out with the fascists you love so much and see if they're as non-violent as you believe they are

Condiv fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Aug 28, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

tbh it's not super surprising you support fascists after the racist drivel you spouted in an attempt to defend abuela JC.

• Locked thread