Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

gschmidl posted:

The Insane Clown Posse is technically not "a rapper", true.

Holy poo poo :haw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Atmus posted:

Trump doesn't even have a rapper named after him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzX8iQ-X8Ps

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lil%27_Hand

Not a rapper but a recording artist at least

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

gschmidl posted:

The Insane Clown Posse is technically not "a rapper", true.

You'd actually be surprised at the recent status of Trump-ICP relations.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Inescapable Duck posted:

You'd actually be surprised at the recent status of Trump-ICP relations.

You wouldn't be if you did more than just bougiely snicker at them.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

STDH becomes schadenfreude when jerkface who claims he was attacked for looking like a neo-Nazi is forced to admit he made the whole thing up:

Disproportionate Orphan posted:

Oh, look, an update.

'"Where he was confronted with the all the information listed above. Mr. Witt subsequently admitted to accidentally cutting himself with the knife while parked in his car in front of the sporting goods store and admitted making up the story about being attacked," Sheridan police said in their statement.'

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Is this some sort of persecution complex thing and it ends up he actually is a neo-nazi?

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out

SpacePig posted:

Is this some sort of persecution complex thing and it ends up he actually is a neo-nazi?

He cut himself and invented a story about being attacked by antifa. Dudes 100% a nazi

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
Reminds me of the backwards B someone carved into their own face.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Gum posted:

He cut himself and invented a story about being attacked by antifa. Dudes 100% a nazi

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
Mirror-backwards self-inflicted injuries have tripped up a lot of people. Morton Downey Jr. once claimed he was attacked by skinheads in an airport bathroom who drew a swastika on his forehead. Backwards (Of course, lots of times skinheads are dumb enough to draw them backwards anyway.) There was also a former University of Nebraska basketball player who claimed she was attacked in an anti-gay hate crime, and she got it wrong, too.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/08/21/justice/nebraska-hate-crime/index.html

Also reminds me of the racist, harassing phone calls that a city attorney kept getting that turned out to be coming from...the city attorney.

http://www.richmond.com/news/local/...4b31a735f7.html

Or the assistant professor who claimed he was a victim of anti-Muslim hate crimes.

http://www.tribstar.com/news/isu-pr...3c7868f652.html

Or the Jewish guy who spray-painted swastikas onto his own house:

http://www.syracuse.com/state/index.ssf/2017/03/jewish_man_arrested_after_spray_painting_swastikas_on_his_own_home_in_upstate_ny.html

Or the black church in Mississippi that someone set on fire and spraypainted with "Vote Trump." Spoiler: "Someone" was one of the parishioners.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ked-police-say/

I think as a general rule that if you falsely accuse someone of a crime you should face the same sentence that the person you accused might have ended up facing, in addition to whatever else you have coming.

Phanatic has a new favorite as of 19:38 on Aug 28, 2017

Murphys Law
Nov 1, 2005

Phanatic posted:

I think as a general rule that if you falsely accuse someone of a crime you should face the same sentence that the person you accused might have ended up facing, in addition to whatever else you have coming.

I like this. I think they should do the same with frivolous lawsuits. You'd better win because if you don't and your lawsuit is determined to be frivolous you're going to owe the defendant whatever amount of money you're suing for.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Phanatic posted:

Mirror-backwards self-inflicted injuries have tripped up a lot of people. Morton Downey Jr. once claimed he was attacked by skinheads in an airport bathroom who drew a swastika on his forehead. Backwards (Of course, lots of times skinheads are dumb enough to draw them backwards anyway.) There was also a former University of Nebraska basketball player who claimed she was attacked in an anti-gay hate crime, and she got it wrong, too.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/08/21/justice/nebraska-hate-crime/index.html

Also reminds me of the racist, harassing phone calls that a city attorney kept getting that turned out to be coming from...the city attorney.

http://www.richmond.com/news/local/...4b31a735f7.html

Or the assistant professor who claimed he was a victim of anti-Muslim hate crimes.

http://www.tribstar.com/news/isu-pr...3c7868f652.html

Or the Jewish guy who spray-painted swastikas onto his own house:

http://www.syracuse.com/state/index.ssf/2017/03/jewish_man_arrested_after_spray_painting_swastikas_on_his_own_home_in_upstate_ny.html

Or the black church in Mississippi that someone set on fire and spraypainted with "Vote Trump." Spoiler: "Someone" was one of the parishioners.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ked-police-say/

Nazis, all of them

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Phanatic posted:

None of these had any person in particular accused, so I think that's going a bit far. But the article that had the guy burning the church for sure had him tried for arson of a place of worship, even if they dropped any charges of a hate crime.

e: Also, of at least minor significance: all of the ones you posted were planned and forethought things. The one posted earlier was a guy who managed to stab himself by mistake, and then decided he would not only post about it on Facebook in the moment, but also blame somebody else for it.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

You decide who the schadenfreude's on here:

quote:

Dota 2 Getting Negative Steam Reviews "For Killing Half-Life 3"

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

SpacePig posted:

None of these had any person in particular accused, so I think that's going a bit far.

Doesn't matter. You report it to the cops, the cops are going to go out looking for a suspect to charge. Maybe they'll find one. In the case of this dumbass with the knife, the cops found a homeless black guy. The video surveillance showed that it wasn't him, but what if that camera's not there? Next step is "Was this the guy who stabbed you?" When you falsely report a crime, you are setting in motion a sequence of events that can get a totally innocent person thrown in prison. That should be on you.

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/Uncleswagg/status/902242247684612096

e: Holy poo poo apparently 9216 hours is 384 days.

Transmogrifier has a new favorite as of 20:04 on Aug 28, 2017

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I didn't know people were still waiting for Half Life 3. Wasn't it all but canceled years ago?

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

jeff is a great man

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Randaconda posted:

I didn't know people were still waiting for Half Life 3. Wasn't it all but canceled years ago?

They never said it wasn't getting made!!!

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Transmogrifier posted:

https://twitter.com/Uncleswagg/status/902242247684612096

e: Holy poo poo apparently 9216 hours is 384 days.

Yeah, I just did that math, too. The game's been out for about 460 days, and he's been silenced for all but 80 of them.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Randaconda posted:

I think the nerve of not getting it just got rubbed raw, after Laidlaw posted something that was basically "this was the plan for resolve the series" recently.

I just don't get why people would be mad. You got a resolution from the former head writer, done in a way without all the stuff you'd inevitably bitch about if it was in game form.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

MisterBibs posted:

I think the nerve of not getting it just got rubbed raw, after Laidlaw posted something that was basically "this was the plan for resolve the series" recently.

I just don't get why people would be mad. You got a resolution from the former head writer, done in a way without all the stuff you'd inevitably bitch about if it was in game form.

Gamers will find any reason to rage

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
Did they actually announce that Half Life 2 Ep. 3 or Half Life 3 aren't coming? Or is this just shitheads thinking they're being clever or something?

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out

SpacePig posted:

e: Also, of at least minor significance: all of the ones you posted were planned and forethought things. The one posted earlier was a guy who managed to stab himself by mistake, and then decided he would not only post about it on Facebook in the moment, but also blame somebody else for it.

That is his current story, yes

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

SpacePig posted:

Did they actually announce that Half Life 2 Ep. 3 or Half Life 3 aren't coming? Or is this just shitheads thinking they're being clever or something?

Marc Laidlaw, the former writer, published the plot summary of episode 3 a few days ago, after his NDA expired.

Also why would Valve release a game that cannot please the "fan"base instead of continuing to literally print money with Steam and DOTA?

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

gschmidl posted:

Marc Laidlaw, the former writer, published the plot summary of episode 3 a few days ago, after his NDA expired.

Also why would Valve release a game that cannot please the "fan"base instead of continuing to literally print money with Steam and DOTA?

It had nothing to do with any NDA, he even confirmed it himself.

verymoldy
May 23, 2004

Is the schadenfreude on me because I can't fathom why someone would play a video game purposefully bad almost every day since the game came out? I understand the impetus for the Hanjo guy to do it, to see what the bottom is like, but why just go out into the wild to gently caress things up? It feels like someone making GBS threads their own pants, then laughing at everyone else because someone just poo poo their pants.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The scootin' fruity will be when they get in trouble for blatant price gouging.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

verymoldy posted:

Is the schadenfreude on me because I can't fathom why someone would play a video game purposefully bad almost every day since the game came out? I understand the impetus for the Hanjo guy to do it, to see what the bottom is like, but why just go out into the wild to gently caress things up? It feels like someone making GBS threads their own pants, then laughing at everyone else because someone just poo poo their pants.
They are not well-adjusted individuals.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Murphys Law posted:

I like this. I think they should do the same with frivolous lawsuits. You'd better win because if you don't and your lawsuit is determined to be frivolous you're going to owe the defendant whatever amount of money you're suing for.

This is a bad idea, because lawsuits are generally the only recourse a citizen has against a corporation, and you'd usually be suing for amounts that are punitive to a company, but ruinous to an individual so you'd have a chilling effect on people with legitimate grievances who are worried about potential for a frivolousness ruling as it would destroy them.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Avenging_Mikon posted:

This is a bad idea, because lawsuits are generally the only recourse a citizen has against a corporation, and you'd usually be suing for amounts that are punitive to a company, but ruinous to an individual so you'd have a chilling effect on people with legitimate grievances who are worried about potential for a frivolousness ruling as it would destroy them.

Which means it will soon be a party plank.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Randaconda posted:

Jesus. Even in Texas, something this has got to be illegal, right?

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Randaconda posted:

The gas price is the default price after a power reset, notice how everything is the same price. The water prices are high because those bottles were meant for vending machines, not to be sold as packs.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

pik_d posted:

The water prices are high because those bottles were meant for vending machines, not to be sold as packs.

I'm confused. Is there something about vending machine water that neccesjtates a higher price? Because the top packs of water look exactly like the ones the sell at CostCo for three bucks.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Skippy McPants posted:

Yes. It's illegal in most states, I would think. (I know it's illegal in Florida, since I live here, and I looked it up for Texas after seeing the pic)

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

This just in, Trump Pardon's all price gougers in TX! MAGA!

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Randaconda posted:

Yeah, I was gonna say, $20 for a 24 pack of Dasani isn't that bad. pik_d's point about the reset on the gas place also makes sense, hadn't noticed it before.

Skippy McPants posted:

Surprisingly, yes!

CHAPTER 17. DECEPTIVE TRADE PRACTICES posted:

Sec. 17.46. DECEPTIVE TRADE PRACTICES UNLAWFUL.
[...]
(b) Except as provided in Subsection (d) of this section, the term "false, misleading, or deceptive acts or practices" includes, but is not limited to, the following acts:
[...]
(27) taking advantage of a disaster declared by the governor under Chapter 418, Government Code, by:
(A) selling or leasing fuel, food, medicine, or another necessity at an exorbitant or excessive price; or
(B) demanding an exorbitant or excessive price in connection with the sale or lease of fuel, food, medicine, or another necessity;

e:

Ariong posted:

I'm confused. Is there something about vending machine water that neccesjtates a higher price? Because the top packs of water look exactly like the ones the sell at CostCo for three bucks.

Branding. The 2nd two pictures are Dasani.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Ariong posted:

Things sold individually are almost always more expensive than when sold in bulk.