Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

nice!
so obama associates with fascist lovers too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/902219623885664256

good matty strikes again

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

loquacius posted:

This image really sums up the concept of "white feminism" to me

a rich person made a poor person homeless, and this is a very very good thing because he said mean things on the Internet. I'm progressive. :downs:

Remember how HRC tried to pin Sandy Hook on Bernie

Remember how CC said the Clinton campaign was playing "softball" with Bernie like yesterday or something

Both campaigns were playing softball with each other compared to 2008.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/ScottAdamsSays/status/834191100495605760

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

i think not getting attacked would prob make them happier but idk how the nazi mind works

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/902219976190423040

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

no its good when innocent men women and children get killed because NATIONAL SECURITY it's bad when people calling for genocide and "physically remove" get punched because LAW AND ORDER

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
it's funny because Marty forgot one simple fact

antifa: it just works

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

*while getting brutally beaten by angry mob* this is actually exactly what i wanted

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Stexils posted:

*while getting brutally beaten by angry mob* this is actually exactly what i wanted

low hanging dril tweet

https://twitter.com/dril/status/460673146451161088?lang=en

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

ah yes all the attention of half a dozen punches thrown

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
http://blog.dilbert.com/post/164413430711/checking-my-six-month-prediction-did-it-age

I took the liberty of some minor edits

quote:

Six months ago this week, I tweeted this message:

As you might expect, pro-Trumper are saying the tweet did age well. They are saying this on the same week that their side protested a statue removal by driving cars on protesters

Okay, okay, I know what you are going to say. Those protestors[sic] do not represent all pro-Trump people. But I learned this past week that if you are marching with nazi-flagbearers, and making common cause with nazi-flagbearers, you’re just as bad as nazi-flagbearers. And if that logic doesn’t hold up, it would feel super-awkward for me to be on the team that says it does. But that’s just me.

Meanwhile, President Trump, a prominent pro-Trumper, spoke out today against violence. But he failed to name Antifa or White Supremacists by name, despite being prompted to do so by everyone in this interview, thus drawing a moral equivalence between Antifa and White Supremacists. And he later mentions any hate groups by name, we still have to wonder why it took so long. We learned last week from pro-Trumpers that this sort of moral equivalence, and the peculiar pause before a full disavowal, are deeply meaningful. If this logic doesn’t make sense to you, it might not feel super-awkward to be on the team that insists it does.

And what about the racist dog whistle that pro-Trumpers tell us only they and racists can hear? Is it not super-awkward that your best criticism involves hearing a secret message that only racists can detect?

Or what if your view is that President Trump accomplished nothing in his first six months? Would this extensive list of his accomplishments make you feel super-awkward?

Did you think that no progress in building the “wall” would be embarrassing for Trump supporters? Or did you see the New York Times confirm that progress is being made?

Perhaps you rejoiced this week about President Trump’s tweet on General Pershing’s handling of Islamic terrorists because he was so factually correct about the pig blood thing. But maybe you did know how accurate he was according to Pershing’s own words. That doesn't feel super-awkward to me, but maybe it sounds different to people who hear the secret racist beacon at the same time.

I will take pro-Trumpers at their word that they don’t feel awkward about any of this. I got that prediction totally right. I recently wrote a blog post explaining why pro-Trumpers don’t feel awkward. It involves something I call the Mass Hysteria Bubble.

I will take this opportunity to publicly eat some crow and agree that six months into this presidency, pro-Trumpers do NOT feel super-awkward. But according to Hillary Clinton, perhaps they should:

If the only thing you haven’t lost to the GOP already is free speech, you might want to hold onto that one.

Unless it feels super-awkward to do so.

To be fair, it was indeed a super-awkward week to be a Trump supporter of any kind. No debate on that. But that’s not what I tweeted about. I tweeted that the other side would feel super-awkward. I got that wrong.

ThndrShk2k has issued a correction as of 19:04 on Aug 28, 2017

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

docbeard posted:

Yeah, that's what it comes down to. He was doing that 'make sure progressive stuff gets talked about' thing that one person does in just about every Democratic primary and then suddenly he's the first runner-up and had to scramble to actually have a campaign.

Much as he's not my first choice (but my first choice almost certainly isn't running) I'm super curious to see what a serious-from-the-start Sanders For President campaign ends up looking like.

i want to see a serious-from-the-start sanders campaign too but by all the good gods do i wish there was even one non-poo poo national level leftist politician in a position to take up the gauntlet in his stead. he's just so old

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

zeal posted:

i want to see a serious-from-the-start sanders campaign too but by all the good gods do i wish there was even one non-poo poo national level leftist politician in a position to take up the gauntlet in his stead. he's just so old

Ellison should but won't; Gabbard shouldn't but might

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

zeal posted:

sighing, i declare my candidacy

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

loquacius posted:

i'd take gabbard over the zucc but that's not saying much

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

loquacius posted:

America is still completely bonkers re: Islam, as much as I love Ellison it would be a tough run.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

zeal posted:

i'd take gabbard over the zucc but that's not saying much

poo poo, I'd take her over Booker even.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Vox Nihili posted:

Not the highest bar to clear, either.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Not the highest bar to clear, either.

That's the title of my future book about the 2020 election season.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Vox Nihili posted:

i would take a learning impaired turtle over booker

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

i would take a learning impaired turtle over booker

please dont vote for mitch mcconell

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
idk if I were an American citizen I'd settle for Warren

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Sapozhnik posted:

idk if I were an American citizen I'd settle for Warren

The problem is she has never shown any interest in running.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Raskolnikov38 posted:

please dont vote for mitch mcconell

if my options were mitch or booker id probably choose suicide tbh

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

Vox Nihili posted:

The problem is she has never shown any interest in running.

Nobody goes into politics thinking "hmm, I think I'll just run for mayor and then stop. Wouldn't want to get in over my head".

She will make a big show of great reluctance and, oh fine if you all insist so very much...

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Sapozhnik posted:

Nobody goes into politics thinking "hmm, I think I'll just run for mayor and then stop. Wouldn't want to get in over my head".

She will make a big show of great reluctance and, oh fine if you all insist so very much...

hi y'all im greg dipshit, and i'm running for mayor of dicklick south dakota. but im not just running for mayor, im laying the groundwork for a twenty year plan that will culminate in me seizing control of the midwest and ruling it like a despot

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Sapozhnik posted:

i mean if i could get elected to the california legislature i'd stop there, its 100k a year for doing next to nothing

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Sapozhnik posted:

That would make 2020 a lot less depressing. But again, despite years of media hype she's never gotten close to a run, and by all reports she seems to really like her job in the Senate.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Warren isn't running.

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
The problem is that the wall street fluffers that run her party loving hate her, so if she had an actual serious shot she'd probably fold and move to the right and then get crushed in the nationals. And I mean she's not particularly tough on wall street to begin with, she just doesn't treat them with starry-eyed fawning adoration, which is enough to be considered a dangerous hard-left extremist these days.

She isn't an angry firebrand like Bernie, so she won't be able to fight and defend her position. If she could somehow remain undiluted, defend against ceaseless attacks from both parties and win the nationals then yeah I'd totally settle for her in the white house. Working people might be able to get a sop from the plutocrats, the system pressure might bleed off a bit and stave off a catastrophic rupture for another 4-8 years.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

provide bernie with the philosopher's stone

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
liberalishly: our comedians will fight nack against trump and be against tyranny.

https://twitter.com/IsraeliPM/status/902195151694647296

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

Zikan posted:

uh Hillary I think you're a little late on this one

https://twitter.com/jessieopie/status/902178442984259584

Kinda weird showing up to your own memorial service.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Vox Nihili posted:

America is still completely bonkers re: Islam, as much as I love Ellison it would be a tough run.

Yeah, unfortunately if Ellison wins or gets too much support I can see a full scale revolt happening in the country

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Mr Hootington posted:

liberalishly: our comedians will fight nack against trump and be against tyranny.

https://twitter.com/IsraeliPM/status/902195151694647296

when's he going to jail

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Feldegast42 posted:

Yeah, unfortunately if Ellison wins or gets too much support I can see a full scale revolt happening in the country

Sounds good fam

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

zegermans posted:

Just gonna say I don't "get" Echo. Like what's so loving hard about sitting at your computer and ordering what you want. Also how the gently caress is amazon gonna make the right choice between their 10000 different options for the same item based off of your vague "order diapers!" command

i made mine respond to "computer" and now i am a starfleet captain

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Martha Stewart Undying posted:

i made mine respond to "computer" and now i am a starfleet captain

can you have it explain whether or not comm badges are actually required to get a transporter lock or not?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

pwn2.gif, but in reverse and it shrinks down into a dot

that is the suck zone

• Locked thread