Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

There is nothing funny about Adult Swim...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Aleph Null posted:

lol this is so true!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZF5e-BTBuQ

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

You just fucked with the wrong Mexican.

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

I went to the City Museum for my honeymoon.

There's about a million ways to seriously injure yourself and I'm surprised you don't have to sign a waiver, but the worst thing I saw was some guy stuck in a tube dropping his phone and smashing the screen.

A cousin of mine was married and had the reception at the City Museum - best wedding ever.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Trampolines gently caress me up bad. I have severe hypermobility in most of my joints and every time I try to jump on one I just crumple up like a cheap confederate statue.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Somewhere among these lines lurks a lesson unlearned.

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...

Wilford Cutlery posted:

I moved out of Ontario in 1990 when I was 11. Revisited a couple years ago and the playgrounds in my old neighborhood were gone, nothing but flat grass now. When I visited before in 2003 one of them at least had the sand pit but no structures.

I was talking about this with a friend from London, ON and he told me that in his neighborhood, the playgrounds were also made of thick timber beams (same as mine) and some kid managed to get his head stuck in the gap between two of them.

Haha holy poo poo I grew up in London and that's where the girl nearly died. I wonder if it was the same magical playground of death

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Or is there some sadistic git that keeps following you around pushing you onto trampolines, or what? I'm now imagining your commute to work as a nerve wracking meandering game of trampoline avoidance. If so, what a dick!

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Karate Bastard posted:

Or is there some sadistic git that keeps following you around pushing you onto trampolines, or what? I'm now imagining your commute to work as a nerve wracking meandering game of trampoline avoidance. If so, what a dick!

:laffo:

When I was a kid I never made a connection, I just thought I had bad luck. Wasn't aware it wasn't normal for knees to bend backwards and ankles fold sideways. I'm smarter now, I just don't go on them. Work buddies sometimes go to trampoline parks for a birthday or something and I just stay home.

Bates
Jun 15, 2006

Picnic Princess posted:

When I was a kid I never made a connection, I just thought I had bad luck. Wasn't aware it wasn't normal for knees to bend backwards and ankles fold sideways. I'm smarter now, I just don't go on them. Work buddies sometimes go to trampoline parks for a birthday or something and I just stay home.

You are wasting your potential, young man. You could be the LA Beast of trampolines!

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
perhaps PYF needs a "PYF playground/playground story" thread

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

perhaps PYF needs a "PYF playground/playground story" thread

Be the change you want to see in the world.

All it takes is starting the thread.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
I'm not that interested in the topic, unfortunately, otherwise I would

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

I'm not that interested in the topic, unfortunately, otherwise I would

:frogout:

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Bates posted:

You are wasting your potential, young man. You could be the LA Beast of trampolines!

Or the hot dog choking guy

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

hey I did my best to contribute kinda on-topic by posting a funny playground picture, chubby jaguar dude

I'll try again (sorry for watermarks):

This one wasn't funny but I found it while looking and it's pretty cool

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That is cool.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
To contribute to slide chat there was a slide when I was younger built out of a fighter jets that was pretty cool. Phone posting or I'd pull a photo.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Xavier: renegade angle was a great show

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Houston be hosed

Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot

Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Rick_Hunter posted:

Blockbuster did try something like that in 2 places - Albuquerque and Indianapolis. Blockbuster Block Party was basically a proto Dave & Busters with an enclosed jungle gym/ball pit/obstacle course. Blockbuster never capitalized on the idea but the thing that ruined it for me was the fact that the gym area was repeatedly closed down because a couple would gently caress in the ball pit, someone would find the condom, and it would have to be sanitized.
Adult Ball Pits will never not be the stupidest idea. I was thinking like low-hanging climbing netting, rubber-coated bar structures to climb, the occasional slide or balance beam, maybe grip challenges over dedicated soft landing zones. The only challenge I see is preventing 18-40 year old swole energy demons from going way too hard on the equipment and limiting casual, invigorating play for everyone else.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

mind the walrus posted:

Adult Ball Pits will never not be the stupidest idea. I was thinking like low-hanging climbing netting, rubber-coated bar structures to climb, the occasional slide or balance beam, maybe grip challenges over dedicated soft landing zones. The only challenge I see is preventing 18-40 year old swole energy demons from going way too hard on the equipment and limiting casual, invigorating play for everyone else.

Well see if you don't change your tune when you get an extra 10 minutes in the pit on your birthday.

Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot

Bogatyr
Jul 20, 2009

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Intrinsic Field Marshal posted:

:nws:https://scontent.fman1-2.fna.fbcdn....e2e&oe=5A5B8A37:nws:

MOD EDIT: Even with spoiler tags the image downloads so direct link it instead, this isn't the first time

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

The thing about most streets having no name is awesome when you use voice navigation on Google maps, because it just goes "turn left on and then right on". Like it just gives the gently caress up.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Trig Discipline posted:

The thing about most streets having no name is awesome when you use voice navigation on Google maps, because it just goes "turn left on and then right on". Like it just gives the gently caress up.

When I went to Tokyo it felt like doing the Lost Woods puzzle all over again.

"Straight, left, left, right, straight, left, straight..."

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

What's funny about a classic punk band?

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Ferrule posted:

Tiny scroll hand my man

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

Trig Discipline posted:

Huh, that song makes so much more sense now. Bono was just lost.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Ferrule posted:

Clowns aren't punk

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

PCOS Bill posted:

Clowns aren't punk

No true punksman

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
What band is that

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Ferrule posted:

It looks like his penis got a diploma

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Is that Lightning McQueen?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

kerchow