Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Here is the official bracket for the Mae Young Classic. Please enjoy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I wish someone could do one with indie names because I KNOW there's a couple people on their I would recognize but not with their new names. Off the top of my head Kimber Lee and Alpha Female (Although I know their NXT names)

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Welp RIP Tessa Blanchard I guess.

FullMetalJackoff
Feb 15, 2004

Waluigi want his fucking Amiibo

RealFoxy posted:

Because of women like Lita being trendsetters, involved with many many bra and panties matches. :thunk:

I guess it's hard to mention women like Aja Kong or Manami Toyota if they hadn't been big in the WWE.

Or Bull Nakano, Rhonda Sing, Jumping Bomb Angels, Luna Vachon etc.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

RealFoxy posted:

I wish someone could do one with indie names because I KNOW there's a couple people on their I would recognize but not with their new names. Off the top of my head Kimber Lee and Alpha Female (Although I know their NXT names)

The big ones are Jazzy is Alpha Female, Abbey Laith is Kimber Lee, Sarah Logan is Crazy Mary Dobson, Mia Yim was Jade in TNA, and Dakota Kai is Evie.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Oh gently caress, big strong wundebar German lady is against Princess Kimber Lee in the first round? Well, poo poo.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Oh, and Rachel Evers is Rachael Ellering even though they acknowledge who her father is anyway.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Aphrodite posted:

The big ones are Jazzy is Alpha Female, Abbey Laith is Kimber Lee, Sarah Logan is Crazy Mary Dobson, Mia Yim was Jade in TNA, and Dakota Kai is Evie.

To add to this, Piper Niven is Viper and Rhea Ripley is Demi Bennett.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

also Toni Storm is Mrs. Mob

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Jerusalem posted:

Lots of Shimmer footage on this show, do they have a good working relationship with WWE?

Prazak and WWE came to a deal over the Punk DVD, don't see any reason to stop now.

Jordynne Grace is headed to japan. Not sure what fed, assuming STARDOM. Will provide updates.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

I was thinking about picking up Stardom. Is there anything I should start with in particular?

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Go RV! posted:

I was thinking about picking up Stardom. Is there anything I should start with in particular?

You can start pretty much anywhere and be fine, but the upcoming 5* GP is a good place to start (when it actually begins).

STARDOM storylines tend to be really easy to follow or get into. As for matches, you have stuff like Mayu Iwatani vs Io Shirai (any of the recent ones are great), etc.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Go RV! posted:

now now now!

Their Grand Prix is starting and the first show is up. Each match opens with a subtitled promo from all the participants so it's pretty easy to figure out who your faves are.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

coconono posted:

now now now!

Their Grand Prix is starting and the first show is up. Each match opens with a subtitled promo from all the participants so it's pretty easy to figure out who your faves are.

who is the closest to necro butcher in both style and look

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Aphrodite posted:

There's a lot of Australians in this.

And yet no Madison Eagles.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof

C. Everett Koop posted:

who is the closest to necro butcher in both style and look

is known goon Kris Wolf in the tournament?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Capsaicin posted:

is known goon Kris Wolf in the tournament?

Yes.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

RealFoxy posted:

Because of women like Lita being trendsetters, involved with many many bra and panties matches. :thunk:

I guess it's hard to mention women like Aja Kong or Manami Toyota if they hadn't been big in the WWE.

The trend of being a pretty good wrestler extended to Trish, Lita, Molly and possibly Victoria. They were, however, what the kids who are now near or plus thirty-rear end were watching for reference, and that's largely their hiring pool.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=807mw8ZgIQ0

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??
There's a New Podcast called Stiff Right Hand up on ITunes etc on the first full episode is an interview with Skarlett the Bellatrix UK champion it's very interesting and a good little insight into the UK scene, she's on a bellatrix show against the US Champ soon, it's an all women's show that features talent from Shimmer etc.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Gaz2k21 posted:

There's a New Podcast called Stiff Right Hand up on ITunes etc on the first full episode is an interview with Skarlett the Bellatrix UK champion it's very interesting and a good little insight into the UK scene, she's on a bellatrix show against the US Champ soon, it's an all women's show that features talent from Shimmer etc.

Bellatrix is really cool and good. Even had one of their champs come out of the closet at a live event. Mad pop.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/901293617074982914

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Will they promote it, or desperately stick their heads in the sand and pretend she and John don't have one foot out the door?

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtI4RpNSa2s

Also dogs. :3:

https://twitter.com/skysthelxmit/status/901470932170149888

PS: visit the rest of that twitter thread for more dogs from other superstars.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Tam Nakano has rapidly become a favorite of mine.

https://twitter.com/tmtmtmx/status/889827722624499712

She had a good opening showing in Stardom's 5* Grand Prix!

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
It is nearly here.

https://twitter.com/MiaYim/status/902131774029008896

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
The Mae Young Classic episodes are now up on the Network. Go have fun.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

DarkstarIV posted:

The Mae Young Classic episodes are now up on the Network. Go have fun.

Yep https://twitter.com/WWE_Network_Bot/status/902154662152941570

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
oh poo poo they got ronda rousey to appear

"a valedictorian... at sherlock holmes school" cmon jr

shiksa fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Aug 28, 2017

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Blessed be the woodworkers
The crosses and the gallows

Blessed be the forgers of iron
And the spikes and the barbwire

Blessed be the stone cutters
It took a quarry to bury the dreams
I binged all four episodes of the MYC first round and my quick thoughts are thus (behind spoilers to be fair):

Lots of so-so matches, a couple of good ones, and even a couple bad ones, which I guess is only fair.

My favorite match was Mia Yim/Sarah Logan. They mention they've wrestled before and it shows, and it turned out really well. The opening match (Princesa Sugehit/Kay Lee Ray) was a good way to start the tourney.

They shouldn't have jobbed out Jazzy Gabert like that, she looked like she could have been a monster but she loses in the first round. The Dakota Kai/Kavita Devi match kinda made Devi look better but maybe the next round will be better for Dakota?

Kairi's debut was pretty good, but I feel like it could have gone longer? Doesn't matter, she's the best.

Also, I really don't like Shayna Baszler.

Looking forward to round 2.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Very minor and match-unrelated spoiler, but I love how Ronda didn't even get a mention when they showed her in the front row.

hunnert car pileup fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Aug 28, 2017

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Just started watching but early spoiler:

I'm a Rhea Ripley mark

Ok nonspoiler thoughts. It was good but uneven, we knew this field wasn't as deep as the CWC and it showed, but I am hyped for round 2.

JR and Lita aren't a good team really, both could be fine with the right partner, but Lita isn't comfortable filling lots of air and JR gives her a lot to fill. When she rambles it can be real bad, but when making short points she is just fine. Mauro and Lita would have been better, or maybe JR and Graves.

The first ep was the worst in my opinion, but it got better from there. Tessa was the one upset by her booking right? I can understand being upset losing in the first round, but she got a great partner and was the final match of the first round. That spot was Ciampa in the CWC so it's not like it doesn't have some prestige to it. She was good, and Saine was by far the best as expected.

I was pleasantly surprised by Taynara, Ripley, and Evers. Baszler looked slow and bad and I really hope they don't push her past her skill level, which she already is basically. Some good matchups on tap for round 2, as the better workers mostly won and moved on. Evie won, so I am happy.

Also we really need a mean Aussie lady stable in WWE, so much talent there

Eltoasto fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Aug 28, 2017

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Thanks everybody for using spoiler tags so far.

I'd like posting to be under modified Netflix rules please: Wait at least one day before posting untagged spoilers for episode 1, 2 days for episode 2, 3 for episode 3, 4 for episode 4 etc. So by Friday the first 4 episodes can be posted about without spoiler tags. Next week we'll do the same thing for the next 4 episodes.

I still think it is really dumb that they are doing this via episode dumps instead of just an episode a week.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Eltoasto posted:

Just started watching but early spoiler:

I'm a Rhea Ripley mark

Ok nonspoiler thoughts. It was good but uneven, we knew this field wasn't as deep as the CWC and it showed, but I am hyped for round 2.

JR and Lita aren't a good team really, both could be fine with the right partner, but Lita isn't comfortable filling lots of air and JR gives her a lot to fill. When she rambles it can be real bad, but when making short points she is just fine. Mauro and Lita would have been better, or maybe JR and Graves.

The first ep was the worst in my opinion, but it got better from there. Tessa was the one upset by her booking right? I can understand being upset losing in the first round, but she got a great partner and was the final match of the first round. That spot was Ciampa in the CWC so it's not like it doesn't have some prestige to it. She was good, and Saine was by far the best as expected.

I was pleasantly surprised by Taynara, Ripley, and Evers. Baszler looked slow and bad and I really hope they don't push her past her skill level, which she already is basically. Some good matchups on tap for round 2, as the better workers mostly won and moved on. Evie won, so I am happy.

Also we really need a mean Aussie lady stable in WWE, so much talent there

EVERS? Did we watch the same match? She looked AWFUL. Now, Belle looked atrocious as well, but you could have told me it was both women's first match and I would've believed you. And I liked Baszler, she looks like she's doing something similar to people like ZSJ, just with a bit more of a size advantage so she can power people around.

Toni Storm has a ton of charisma, and the best line from the pre-match promos was her patronising apology for hurting her opponent. Plus tiny hat.

RIP Kavita Devi, kicked to death by a Kiwi pixie.

Mia Yim and Sarah Logan was super-good, and came off like both women knew each other, in a good way, where they could set up spots for each other to shine and pay off things later in the match

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

i haven't been following the hype for this, but i saw a video on facebook and i was just wondering, if "jazzy gabert" wishes to intimidate, what the gently caress is with the name "jazzy gabert"

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Mulaney Power Move posted:

i haven't been following the hype for this, but i saw a video on facebook and i was just wondering, if "jazzy gabert" wishes to intimidate, what the gently caress is with the name "jazzy gabert"

It's the name the NXT Name Generator gives you if you switch the gender option to female after getting Lloyd Boner.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Gaz-L posted:

EVERS? Did we watch the same match? She looked AWFUL. Now, Belle looked atrocious as well, but you could have told me it was both women's first match and I would've believed you. And I liked Baszler, she looks like she's doing something similar to people like ZSJ, just with a bit more of a size advantage so she can power people around.

Toni Storm has a ton of charisma, and the best line from the pre-match promos was her patronising apology for hurting her opponent. Plus tiny hat.

RIP Kavita Devi, kicked to death by a Kiwi pixie.

Mia Yim and Sarah Logan was super-good, and came off like both women knew each other, in a good way, where they could set up spots for each other to shine and pay off things later in the match

Whoops, meant Tessa when I said Evers. Don't think she was terrible but wasn't good for sure. Yim and Logan was probably my favorite match of the whole thing, next to Tessa-Kairi.

I am hoping they sign a bunch of these women though, could really re-stock the NXT women's division.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Mulaney Power Move posted:

She usually goes by Alpha Female.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

i can just see michael ps. hayes saying "well we can't call you alpha female, but we got a great name for you. from now on, you're "jazzy gabert'"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Gabert is her real last name and Jazzy is part of a name she used earlier in her career so I guess she chose it?