Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

They're out of print and sold out everywhere. I tried to find one a few weeks ago, and nobody has one unless you want to go eBay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
Hahaha god drat, guess you can just toss out that last part of my post in that case.

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug
The original core goes for MSRP on amazon pretty frequently. The k-wing is being reprinted, right?

VikingPenguin
Nov 6, 2005
I've been hearing that with the Asmodee merger, FFG products are now going through a single distributor. They haven't been putting out reprints since the merger, running everyone else out of stock so the single distributor doesn't have to compete. It is about the point where they should be shipping reprints again if they ever plan to.

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

Pillbug

VikingPenguin posted:

I've been hearing that with the Asmodee merger, FFG products are now going through a single distributor. They haven't been putting out reprints since the merger, running everyone else out of stock so the single distributor doesn't have to compete. It is about the point where they should be shipping reprints again if they ever plan to.

Well, the K-Wing is allegedly at the printer: https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/upcoming/ But we'll see.

I got into the game fairly recently so I don't have one but would like one, just not for 150 bucks.

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?

VikingPenguin posted:

I like having reasons to blame Alliance for everything. gently caress Alliance.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

bonds0097 posted:

Well, the K-Wing is allegedly at the printer: https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/upcoming/ But we'll see.

I got into the game fairly recently so I don't have one but would like one, just not for 150 bucks.

Yep, that list of "On the boats" is basically the murderer's row. TIE Advanced, Phantom and Y-Wing are all running 3x MSRP, and Imperial Aces was at like $55 last time I checked. Protectorate Starfighter and HWK-290 are funny, since they are exactly as sold out everywhere as K-Wings, but no one wants them so they're selling for like $25. I'm glad to see reprints are coming.

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

Pillbug

theironjef posted:

Yep, that list of "On the boats" is basically the murderer's row. TIE Advanced, Phantom and Y-Wing are all running 3x MSRP, and Imperial Aces was at like $55 last time I checked. Protectorate Starfighter and HWK-290 are funny, since they are exactly as sold out everywhere as K-Wings, but no one wants them so they're selling for like $25. I'm glad to see reprints are coming.

I somehow managed to get a phantom for a decent price from New Zealand and shipping was quite cheap even though I'm in the us. But I do really want an advanced and a y-wing. I want to fly Vader even if he sucks in current meta.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:
Bought three Phantoms a month ago for retail price. Maybe I should grab some TIE Advanced's before they run out.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
I have four TIE Advanceds that I bought 8 months ago for a lovely list.

I think I only have one Phantom though.

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

Some Numbers posted:

I have four TIE Advanceds that I bought 8 months ago for a lovely list.

I think I only have one Phantom though.

I have three TIE Phantoms and four TIE Advanced. :smug:

:smith:

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
I have a rock.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:
TIE Phantoms may not be terribly competitive, but they are fun to fly.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
I actually have used the Sigma SQ. Pilots as a way of taking out lower PS generics, so I have 2x Phantoms

This was a while ago so I don't remember if I used a Stygium Particle Accelerator or ACD.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I kind of want to try flying 4 naked Sigma Squads.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

tbh its shithouse because you really want to be cloaking up again after you fire, so you minimise the amount of time uncloaked. I can't imagine ~wanting~ to use an action to cloak again.

Like you may as well just run 5x TIE Strikers or something because it'll probably be about the same

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

5x Strikers actually sounds like a blast, since they'll be pre-boosting every turn.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Some Numbers posted:

5x Strikers actually sounds like a blast, since they'll be pre-boosting every turn.

I played it once on TTS.

It's super fun. It fights like an angry swarm of bees.
It eats ships with limited firing arcs and no repositioning for lunch. They might, maybe, get a shot on one of them if they know what they're doing.
Turrets eat it for lunch. No autothrusters and small health pool gets you a dead striker every round or so.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

ConfusedUs posted:

I played it once on TTS.

It's super fun. It fights like an angry swarm of bees.
It eats ships with limited firing arcs and no repositioning for lunch. They might, maybe, get a shot on one of them if they know what they're doing.
Turrets eat it for lunch. No autothrusters and small health pool gets you a dead striker every round or so.

I'll just stick to flying 5x Interceptors thanks

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

I've decided there's no way in hell the top secret Friday release is X-Wing related.

Local FLGS is having a release for this thing and inviting everyone. That kind of event doesn't work well if it's an expansion release for X-Wing. (Or any other game)

It's gotta be a new game, and one you can play straight out of a $40 box.

My guess is it's a card-based game of some sort. Perhaps a 2-4 players board-game like box?

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

How many goddamn card games does this company need.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

banned from Starbucks posted:

I reaaaaaly doubt it's another CCG or LCG for that reason. Especially star wars. They already have one of each.

Gotta be some kind of card-based board game thing.

Edit: I say cards because you can't do much in the way of minis for $40. Cards + cardboard, all the way.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

Are there any Warhammer games they used to put out they could have adapted for Star Wars? Might as well put them to use after losing the GW license.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Funzo posted:

Are there any Warhammer games they used to put out they could have adapted for Star Wars? Might as well put them to use after losing the GW license.

Conquest is dead, but it was an LCG and there's already a Star Wars LCG. And some of its mechanics made it to Destiny.

Forbidden Stars is a huge board game, but there's no way they're doing a FS clone for $40. Game is huuuuge.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
I am betting it's a co-op deckbuilder a la Harry Potter Hogwarts Battle or that dumb DC one

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

canyoneer posted:

I am betting it's a co-op deckbuilder a la Harry Potter Hogwarts Battle or that dumb DC one

I've heard good things about the Harry Potter game, so I'd be down with that.

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.
It's Daddy Dating Simulator but with Star Wars.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

ConfusedUs posted:

I've heard good things about the Harry Potter game, so I'd be down with that.

Yeah the Harry Potter one is actually quite good. Could stand to be more difficult, but it's fun.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

turn it up TURN ME ON posted:

It's Daddy Dating Simulator but with Star Wars.

Why must you be so cruel

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT

ConfusedUs posted:

I've decided there's no way in hell the top secret Friday release is X-Wing related.

Local FLGS is having a release for this thing and inviting everyone. That kind of event doesn't work well if it's an expansion release for X-Wing. (Or any other game)

It's gotta be a new game, and one you can play straight out of a $40 box.

My guess is it's a card-based game of some sort. Perhaps a 2-4 players board-game like box?

When my FLGS put in the order, all they know is that it's an item that costs 40 and that's it. They don't know the size of what's in the order nor what it's for specifically besides Star Wars.

I still think that's in the realm of a large base or ship pack price. Them having a mystery item and it being a brand new game doesn't seem to match up since they just announced Legion and have so many other card games out.

That being said, if it's not X-Wing related, I'm most likely going to sell it to my buddy who missed out on the preorder, unless it's a worthwhile game.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Unless my flgs is being sneaky with it then they are receiving nothing for the Force Friday. Could be that it is only happening in the US or that it is something Destiny/IA related which doesn't sell well here.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

It definitely needs a twilight struggle reskinned as Star Wars.

head58
Apr 1, 2013

Twi'lek Struggle

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

Warhammer Quest and Arkham Horror 2.0 have shown that solo/coop LCGs can work, and AFAIK there's nothing in the current LCG that's from the TFA/TLJ movies, so I could see something along those lines happening. Lord knows the current SWLCG is dead and awful.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Star Wars LCG is actually a really good game with lots of awesome elements from the EU.

Edit also it doesn't have Jumpmasters so it's by default FFGs best competitive Star Wars game.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Theres no way its something new. Why would you pass up a chance to hype your new game at loving gencon only to mystery box that poo poo on the (2nd biggest no less) fake starwars holiday.

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

Theres no way its something new. Why would you pass up a chance to hype your new game at loving gencon only to mystery box that poo poo on the (2nd biggest no less) fake starwars holiday.

My bet is still on new 2p starter for Destiny.

Brunas
Nov 5, 2012

Rumors I've heard is that it's a Destiny 2 player core set type thing. Disappointing, but seems likely. I'd be amazed if they managed to not leak a new X-Wing ship/pack by now :(

Here's hoping for a campaign box or something though!

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Why would you need to keep that a secret though? And why would a game require a second core after only 2 waves?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

Why would you need to keep that a secret though? And why would a game require a second core after only 2 waves?

The release model for Destiny is new starters and two expansion releases a year, so I guess the cycle is close enough to Force Friday that they kill two birds with one stone. The secrecy is all Disney-imposed, although it's impressive nothing's leaked given we already know stuff like what LEGO kits are coming out on Friday.

• Locked thread