Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Martha Stewart Undying posted:

i made mine respond to "computer" and now i am a starfleet captain

You didn't use "HAL" since it will eventually attempt to rise up and destroy you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/julie_johnsoned/status/901986407820009473

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

rudatron posted:

What the gently caress

Mike Pence is at +20% favorability among whites

he hasn't loving done anything

Exactly

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

Thoguh posted:

You didn't use "HAL" since it will eventually attempt to rise up and destroy you?

naming them is the first step to our downfall

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

White people love dudes who look the part, while actually not doing a drat thing.

That's why Obama enjoys 60+ percent favorability :rimshot:

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

zegermans posted:

can you have it explain whether or not comm badges are actually required to get a transporter lock or not?

no

any time it seems like its reqd, its because maintenance/ota system updates/superstrings and exotic garbage matter have made the system temporarily wonky enough that its not safe enough to lock on w/o the certainty of a comm badge signal

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Frijolero posted:

White people love dudes who look the part, while actually not doing a drat thing.

reminds me of Trump hiring like he's a casting director

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

loquacius posted:

Ellison should but won't; Gabbard shouldn't but might

I think Ellison will run in my lifetime, but I don't expect it in 2020.

Gabbard will get crucified (justifiably or unjustifiably or more likely both at once) on foreign policy if she runs, so it would really come down to whether anyone does in fact give a poo poo about foreign policy beyond the usual vague platitudes about terrorism and being opposed to same.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Zikan posted:

uh Hillary I think you're a little late on this one

https://twitter.com/jessieopie/status/902178442984259584

Why do they keep using that headshot?

It looks loving robotic

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

Seriously it looks like something that jump out at you in five nights at the dnc, opening it's slit face, revealing the lizard beneath before devouring you

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Dreddout posted:

Seriously it looks like something that jump out at you in five nights at the dnc, opening it's slit face, revealing the lizard beneath before devouring you

http://i.imgur.com/nPPdI1m.gifv

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/trump-is-a-19th-century-president-facing-21st-century-problems/

So here's an interesting article that posits Trump is ruling like a 19th century forgettable president in the 21st century. Now what I think is funny is you read this article and shy l see how much v mote powerful the Presidency is today and you have to just scoff at the idea that Obama just didn't have the power to do what he wanted.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I think that picture looks OK. More natural than her campaign pics by far.

BTW, looking for her campaign photos, I found a delightful article - What Higher Ed Marketers Can Learn From the Hillary Clinton Campaign
https://blogs.ou.edu/webcomm/2015/08/14/what-higher-ed-marketers-can-learn-from-the-hillary-clinton-campaign/

These are the things Hillary did that should be followed by professional marketers:
- She created a Spotify playlist! "They’ve actually worked with Spotify to create branded playlists, like the “Team USA” playlist. I love it when marketers do this: They take something everyone is excited about, and they show their audience how they’re excited about it, too."
- She used Snapchat!
- She used Snapchat again! “Yaaas, Hillary!” Back to that Snap for a sec: Who really thought the U.S. Secretary of State would embrace this affirmative rallying cry of millennials everywhere? I’m talking about the “yaaas.” Hill, look at you speaking the language of the youths and nailing it."
- She had a custom 404 page!
- She used emojis and only one font!
- She had gifs! Clinton understands. "We love GIFs. They make us laugh, break up the monotony of our Twitter timelines and remind us of our favorite pop culture moments. When used at the right time, they have the ability to elevate a tweet or Instagram post to Internet gold."

So remember folks, if u want to become president, make sure ur campaign uses the most transparent, out of touch pandering methods in existence, and you'll be golden.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

steinrokkan posted:

I’m talking about the “yaaas.”

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

steinrokkan posted:

So remember folks, if u want to become president, make sure ur campaign uses the most transparent, out of touch pandering methods in existence, and you'll be golden.
Unironically with Vaporwave.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

steinrokkan posted:

BTW, looking for her campaign photos, I found a delightful article - What Higher Ed Marketers Can Learn From the Hillary Clinton Campaign
https://blogs.ou.edu/webcomm/2015/08/14/what-higher-ed-marketers-can-learn-from-the-hillary-clinton-campaign/

These are the things Hillary did that should be followed by professional marketers:
- She created a Spotify playlist! "They’ve actually worked with Spotify to create branded playlists, like the “Team USA” playlist. I love it when marketers do this: They take something everyone is excited about, and they show their audience how they’re excited about it, too."
- She used Snapchat!
- She used Snapchat again! “Yaaas, Hillary!” Back to that Snap for a sec: Who really thought the U.S. Secretary of State would embrace this affirmative rallying cry of millennials everywhere? I’m talking about the “yaaas.” Hill, look at you speaking the language of the youths and nailing it."
- She had gifs! Clinton understands. "We love GIFs. They make us laugh, break up the monotony of our Twitter timelines and remind us of our favorite pop culture moments. When used at the right time, they have the ability to elevate a tweet or Instagram post to Internet gold."

This post makes me want to kill myself

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Why are events that occur far away, to people I've never met nor will ever meet unconcerning to me. Yet the events that happen close to me at protests I attend I'm more interested in? :thunk:

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

steinrokkan posted:

Nah man, her robo eyes lock on to you, daring you to blink

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

steinrokkan posted:

- She used Snapchat!

I recently created a snap. chat. account.

those messages. delete all. by themselves.

*manages to create emails media cycle #1231 while also sounding inauthentic as gently caress*

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

*sees a gif* Yes. I like this. This reminds me of my favorite pop culture moments. :geno:

Question, did anyone ITT actually watch HRC's Broad City cameo and was it as awkward as I'm imagining

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

loquacius posted:

*sees a gif* Yes. I like this. This reminds me of my favorite pop culture moments. :geno:

Question, did anyone ITT actually watch HRC's Broad City cameo and was it as awkward as I'm imagining

It was worse

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Clinton as barkeep to SNL Clinton wasn't bad.

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

loquacius posted:

it was confidence inspiring

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Over Easy posted:

>TFW you talk to a poor person and try to empathize

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Over Easy posted:

She's praying to a floating walmart logo.

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE
yaaaas queen drone their children

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Scent of Worf posted:

yaaaas queen drone their children

Bring those fuckers to heeeeeeeeeeel

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Game of Thrones to the polls

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.

loquacius posted:

HRC's worst crime is making that show uncool.

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

loquacius posted:

The show was on tv a couple of weeks ago while I was bored so I thought I'd give it a shot, it happened to be the Hillary episode and I was foaming at the mouth because of how bad it was.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.
Is the loving zuck still trying to not campaign for president?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

The Little Kielbasa posted:

HRC's worst crime is making that show uncool.

Amy Poehler, as a well-off middle-aged blonde white lady, is basically HRC Target Demo #1 so it was basically inevitable

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

loquacius posted:

insanely cringey and bad

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Azuth0667 posted:

Last i checked he never filed or declared.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

readingatwork posted:

Actually the economy was tanked by bad mortgages that were then dived up and mixed with good mortgages and then sold as AAA rated (by bought off ratings agencies) investments. You also had issues where the financial companies were all insuring each other creating a domino effect when one went down. If the problem was just people not being able to pay for their homes it wouldn't have tanked the world economy like it did.
please be careful how you frame this problem. the problem was much more bankers making terrible loans as bankers are prone to historically do more than people being unable to repay the loan.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

readingatwork posted:

Actually the economy was tanked by bad mortgages that were then dived up and mixed with good mortgages and then sold as AAA rated (by bought off ratings agencies) investments. You also had issues where the financial companies were all insuring each other creating a domino effect when one went down. If the problem was just people not being able to pay for their homes it wouldn't have tanked the world economy like it did.
Also the real economy died on its arse and has continued that slide while we have moved onto the going into debt so you can disburse it to a taxi app stage of capitalism.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Azuth0667 posted:

of course he is

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

ThndrShk2k posted:

She's praying to a floating walmart logo.

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

comedyblissoption posted:

please be careful how you frame this problem. the problem was much more bankers making terrible loans as bankers are prone to historically do more than people being unable to repay the loan.
also the problem is even worse than this. the entire economic system incentivized a profit motive everywhere (including fraud, deceptive ratings, willful ignorance) that caused actors to behave in this terrible aggregate way. if you didn't behave in a way that resulted in terrible loans, then you were punished by the system.

• Locked thread