Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

GaussianCopula posted:

It was a leak from Friki so probably a last minute cut. Why? Maybe HBO didn't want to have it in there because of potential controversy overshadowing the talking points of season 7. Maybe the writers decided Cersei and Dany being pregnant at the same time would provide much needed poetry as it rhymes.

I am betting Cersei miscarries and Dany finds out she 's preggers in sequential time (eg a royal blood sacrifice, carried out by ??? [red god? Another witch?]). The power of royal blood and sacrifice has been a big theme the whole series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

Arglebargle III posted:

Westeros was quietly downsized when Martin realized he made everything too far away.

Wasn't there something early on about GRRM not noticing just how tall a 700 foot wall is until he saw the mock ups for the show?

Der Luftwaffle
Dec 29, 2008
So does the ice dragon breathe ice or is it still fire or is it blue plasma or magic breath or whats going on there that makes it break a giant wall

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
Westeros is actually as big as a medium sized downtown apartment. Instead of season 8 the show will be rebooted as a sitcom.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Der Luftwaffle posted:

So does the ice dragon breathe ice or is it still fire or is it blue plasma or magic breath or whats going on there that makes it break a giant wall

it was the caches of wildfire that crisis actor tormund and the wildlings planted

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

Soul Glo posted:

Can someone link me to those s8 spoilers that arent verified yet?

http://www.desinerd.co.in/game-of-thrones-season-8-leaks-spoilers/

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

GaussianCopula posted:

It was a leak from Friki so probably a last minute cut. Why? Maybe HBO didn't want to have it in there because of potential controversy overshadowing the talking points of season 7. Maybe the writers decided Cersei and Dany being pregnant at the same time would provide much needed poetry as it rhymes.

Or maybe they were pulling a Tyrion and inserted fake scenes into the episode so they could finally catch the dastardly leaker :tinfoil:

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Is Jon the prettiest Targaryen or is Daenerys?

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Der Luftwaffle posted:

eldritch fire

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Der Luftwaffle posted:

Someone suggested that the blue flame was a product of the NKs magic shielding the dragon from the flames. Otherwise it would be vulnerable to fire like any other wight.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
The reason it breaths blue fire is because it looks cool and differentiates it from the other dragons. There is no deeper explanation than that.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

TheRat posted:

Someone suggested that the blue flame was a product of the NKs magic shielding the dragon from the flames. Otherwise it would be vulnerable to fire like any other wight.

That's all there is to it.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
I've changed my mind. cersei was behind the wildfire inside job at the wall. unknown if tormund is being paid by her foreign moneylender allies or not.

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.

Der Luftwaffle posted:

godzilla breath

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Wait a minute.....

The golden companys main weakness is having their food supplies burned....

Drogon has +10 to burning supply wagons...

Dont do it Cersei its a trap!

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

if 20k dudes is all they need to buttfuck team khaleesi then they deserve to win

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

banned from Starbucks posted:

Wait a minute.....

The golden companys main weakness is having their food supplies burned....

Drogon has +10 to burning supply wagons...

Dont do it Cersei its a trap!

Yeah but Euron allows fast travel between any two cities with a harbor.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Just gonna point out again that Cersei said "elephants" and the unconfirmed leaks say that elephants are gonna step on people. A lot of those spoilers are gonna turn out to be real.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Hope they go full lord of the rings with it and make the elephants the size of large buildings.

Der Luftwaffle
Dec 29, 2008

bloom posted:

Westeros is actually as big as a medium sized downtown apartment. Instead of season 8 the show will be rebooted as a sitcom.

Jon: So Tyrion what am I supposed to do? If I don't have that dragonglass by midseason 7 they're gonna take me down offscreen like the Blackfish.

Tyrion: You know my friend Daenerys Targaryen?

Jon: I thought she was Jorah's friend.

Tyrion: Well, I was kidnapped and we got to talking, she sells obsidian down at Dragonstone, forty silvers.

(Knock at Jon's door)

Jon: (sneering) Hello...Night King

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

I love that the wall stood for thousands of years only to get knocked down with 10 people there to defend it, It's like the Maginot line in a way. I guess I always had hopes that the nights watch would actually start to get members again and become the actual "defenders of the realms of man" or whatever. There is just so much focus on the watch and their "true purpose" in the early books/seasons. I'll be surprised if castle black gets more than 3 min of screen time next season.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Harton posted:

I love that the wall stood for thousands of years only to get knocked down with 10 people there to defend it, It's like the Maginot line in a way. I guess I always had hopes that the nights watch would actually start to get members again and become the actual "defenders of the realms of man" or whatever. There is just so much focus on the watch and their "true purpose" in the early books/seasons. I'll be surprised if castle black gets more than 3 min of screen time next season.

To be fair they did go for the thinnest/weakest part of the wall rather than trying to bulldoze through the middle of it near CB.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

drunken officeparty posted:

Hope they go full lord of the rings with it and make the elephants the size of large buildings.

Night King: No man can defeat me.
*ice dragon blows ice fire at Theon's crotch*
Theon: I am no man!*

*alternative take:
Theon: taint reaped again!

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Solice Kirsk posted:

Just gonna point out again that Cersei said "elephants" and the unconfirmed leaks say that elephants are gonna step on people. A lot of those spoilers are gonna turn out to be real.

I think the elephant spoiler is probably true but I don't think it means the others are also automatically true. In the books the Golden Company is famous for being made up of excellent soldiers and for having a couple war elephants, among other things. It wouldn't be weird for the person hiring the most famous mercenaries in the world or whatever to know that, even if it is the first (?) time someone said "elephant" in the show. If you're making up spoilers, and you know from the S7 leaks that the Golden Company is likely to show up next season, then "a war elephant steps on some guys" is a pretty safe bet.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

I hope we get a shot of legolasjon snuh taking out an elephant then surfing down its trunk

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Anyone want to bet if any dragon will be alive at the end and if so which one or both

I say all 3 (2 and a half?) kick the bucket

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

They all die but eggs are discovered on dragonstone

Tyrion presents one to his ward Lyanna Targaryen on her first nameday

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

VagueRant posted:

Shame the Wall coming down had no impact because all the characters decided a few episodes ago that the ultimate battle would take place in Winterfell - a keep easily detoured around OR starved out by a zombie army.
One of my favorite things about Westeros is military fortifications being in places where no one would give a poo poo.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Feral Integral posted:

lmbo, D&d thought he was good in the wire

I wouldn't say he was a notable performance in that or anything but he was leaps and bounds better there than here.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

rope kid posted:

One of my favorite things about Westeros is military fortifications being in places where no one would give a poo poo.

Yeah dragonstone in general looks like a great place to starve to death.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Finally watched it. LMAO at all the Winterfell scenes, jesus christ was that bad

I can't figure out how the zombie dragon works. It's dead, but it can still make napalm? But the napalm is now blue? And it can eat through 50m thick structures in seconds? Is it like a very powerful plasma gun?

Also, if zombies can't swim how did they fix the chains to the dragon in the lake? I think Jon is wrong and giving out inaccurate information.

Why was Tyrion standing in the hall and looking emo during the boat sex?

Rhaegar was miscast. He reminded me of Viserys, not of a superhuman Prince that was Promised(TM)

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
How long would it take the zombie army to reach anywhere meaningful anyways? Obviously the show doesn't give a gently caress about that with all the teleporting going on but if you look at the pace those zombies move at I can't picture them marching anywhere with any speed, though they do have the advantage I guess of never having to stop to eat or rest.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Harton posted:

Yeah dragonstone in general looks like a great place to starve to death.

It's a decent enough fortification/lookout point if you also control KL and have a decent navy, since it protects the mouth of the bay KL is situated in. By itself though it's pretty loving useless, yeah. I get the thematic significance of Dany landing and setting up her base there, but from a strategic standpoint it's super dumb.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Ginette Reno posted:

How long would it take the zombie army to reach anywhere meaningful anyways? Obviously the show doesn't give a gently caress about that with all the teleporting going on but if you look at the pace those zombies move at I can't picture them marching anywhere with any speed, though they do have the advantage I guess of never having to stop to eat or rest.

well they're about twice as fast as humans sprinting so 30 mph, so about 500 miles a day to account for obstacles. so they can be in winter fell in hours and King's landing in days

also dragonstone is great if your army and its thousands of horse never need to eat which is true as far as we know

and for the twentieth time, the wall was brought down by cersei using wildfire and the nks assault was cover for her pact

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Ginette Reno posted:

How long would it take the zombie army to reach anywhere meaningful anyways?

Aprox 8 seasons

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
It kind of makes sense for Dragonstone to be a trading outpost between Valyria and Westeros.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Raspberry Jam It In Me posted:

Rhaegar was miscast. He reminded me of Viserys, not of a superhuman Prince that was Promised(TM)

It was because they cheaped out and used the same wig as for Viserys

They should've had Rhaegar with some kind of long elven hair from LoTR

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

mastershakeman posted:

well they're about twice as fast as humans sprinting so 30 mph, so about 500 miles a day to account for obstacles. so they can be in winter fell in hours and King's landing in days

also dragonstone is great if your army and its thousands of horse never need to eat which is true as far as we know

and for the twentieth time, the wall was brought down by cersei using wildfire and the nks assault was cover for her pact

but how did Sirsee get the wild fir into the very thin ice berg? i don't know about that, i don't know

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

rope kid posted:

Except the Twins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Ginette Reno posted:

Yeah I laughed when I saw how slow the zombies walked through the wall ruins compared to the speed that one came at Cersei. The show does so much dumb poo poo but just seeing Arya and Sansa being nice to each other makes the show worth watching. I try to ignore the stupid poo poo and enjoy what I can. I've been waiting years for these characters to see each other again. This is all I'm getting so I better enjoy it.

• Locked thread