Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Baal should make a list of the top rated silvers and bronzes on the OP tbh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Compendium posted:

And honestly, I wouldn't try to just roll for 3*s when they have rate ups because chances are you'll get spooked by them when you're gunning for golds in other gachas.

Except the story locked ones.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
What I'm saying is ascension and leveling hell never ends you're just prolonging the pain.

NRVNQSR posted:

Except the story locked ones.

They'll still spook you, not all of them are locked

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

Plutonis posted:

Just max np what you have, lock them and burn the leftovers

Or chuck them into some other character for more level-up goo.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

bronze and silver servants are barely worth any exp

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Compendium posted:

They'll still spook you, not all of them are locked

I'm not sure what you mean? All of the story locked servants are story locked. Since no-one should ever roll the story gatcha under any circumstances they're not going to appear unless you're rolling on their rate-up gatcha.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

NRVNQSR posted:

I'm not sure what you mean? All of the story locked servants are story locked. Since no-one should ever roll the story gatcha under any circumstances they're not going to appear unless you're rolling on their rate-up gatcha.

Oh is that why I've not had any luck seeing Salter or Nero?

cyxx
Oct 1, 2005

Byon!
When the urge to do a 10 roll overtakes me I spend a ticket in the story gacha to try to get salter or Nero. It reminds me how awful it is to spend tickets on story gacha. I really should stop it.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

RMZXAnarchy posted:

Oh is that why I've not had any luck seeing Salter or Nero?

Yeah. Cirnopedia and probably the wiki have a list of story-locked servants. Some of the choices are kinda odd since out of the Okeanos servants neither Drake or M&A are locked, which is nice.

e: was presumptuous about the locks

Motto fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Aug 28, 2017

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I level up everyone.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

NRVNQSR posted:

I think we're having a misunderstanding here. I'm not even really taking the story gacha into account bc I never roll it and like you said, no one should. What I AM saying is that you'll get 3*s really, really, really easily, and you shouldn't sincerely aim for them cause they'll be in other pools. Like, they'll eventually flock to you.

Long story short: Aim for the gold, be grumpily sated by the 3*s you get unless they're already NP5.

Compendium fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Aug 28, 2017

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

MonsieurChoc posted:

I level up everyone.

Same, every servant is my friend and deserves a chance to shine

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

NRVNQSR posted:

plenty of story-locked servants are available in pools that aren't their rate-up

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Example, Hundred-Face-Hassan keeps showing up in a lot of my rolls when you'd think they'd just be for the Fate/Zero event (I mean, eventually Hundred-Face is also in Camelot but my point stands)

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Endorph posted:

plenty of story-locked servants are available in pools that aren't their rate-up

Really? I mean, that would be good but it's the exact opposite of everything I've heard elsewhere. Can you give an example?

Compendium posted:

Example, Hundred-Face-Hassan keeps showing up in a lot of my rolls when you'd think they'd just be for the Fate/Zero event (I mean, eventually Hundred-Face is also in Camelot but my point stands)

Hundred-face Hassan isn't story locked, though.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Plutonis posted:

Baal should make a list of the top rated silvers and bronzes on the OP tbh.

Christopher Columbus and don't ever ask me again

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

NRVNQSR posted:

Hundred-face Hassan isn't story locked, though.

Yea, Hundred Faced and Serenity were put in the regular pool, which is why you can pull them from every gacha.

And the F/Zero event had nothing to do with the story gacha. It was an event, not a chapter of the main story, so it couldn't add any story locked Servants, anyway..

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

So basically I shouldn't bother hoping to get Salter or Nero unless they appear in another rate-up or if I do stupid things and play Story Gacha?

Cool, I'll just subside on EMIYA and friends for eternity then. They carry me pretty well.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Kind of crazy that the friend list cap gets raised at level 101. I'm seeing the exp problem now after I raised Jeanne from 60 to 70. Gonna take a long time to get her to 90 with the dailies alone.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
It's harder to raise Rulers and Avengers because they only get bonus exp from all-class exp cards, which do not drop from dailies.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

NRVNQSR posted:

Really? I mean, that would be good but it's the exact opposite of everything I've heard elsewhere. Can you give an example?
it varies based on the gacha, but be sure to check the pools. i got gawain from a pool where he wasn't on rate-up despite him being a storylock.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

RMZXAnarchy posted:

So basically I shouldn't bother hoping to get Salter or Nero unless they appear in another rate-up or if I do stupid things and play Story Gacha?

Fortunately they get a few rate-ups each. They've already confirmed that Salter will be in the next rate-up or the next but one.

Schubalts posted:

It's harder to raise Rulers and Avengers because they only get bonus exp from all-class exp cards, which do not drop from dailies.

Though they do make it easier to break out of the habit of only using EXP cards on their matching class.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Endorph posted:

it varies based on the gacha, but be sure to check the pools. i got gawain from a pool where he wasn't on rate-up despite him being a storylock.

Might it have been Chaldea Boys 2017? I think the male only/female only summons ignore story locks the same way rate-ups do.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Marogareh posted:

Kind of crazy that the friend list cap gets raised at level 101. I'm seeing the exp problem now after I raised Jeanne from 60 to 70. Gonna take a long time to get her to 90 with the dailies alone.
When I did it, I did so on the back of a 1/2 AP week (god I hope we get more of those) and it took maybe 2 days, so extrapolate from that I suppose. It helps of course if you are dedicating all of your gold XP cards to her.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
Bride Nero has had a lot of banners as well if you want a Nero. Twice during Valentines and once during the Nero Fest rerun. Maybe more, but at least that many off the top of my head. And of course, she's a swimsuit servant this year. If you are hunting for Nero you'll have plenty of opportunities. If you're hunting for all of them well, good luck friend.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011

Nate RFB posted:

When I did it, I did so on the back of a 1/2 AP week (god I hope we get more of those) and it took maybe 2 days, so extrapolate from that I suppose. It helps of course if you are dedicating all of your gold XP cards to her.

I am dumping all the gold XP cards on her but the 40 AP cost is hindering it a bit. It took six days to get her to 70 but it didn't feel like it for some reason. I'm just super glad I have her since she's super good with Prisma Cosmos at any level.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Marogareh posted:

I am dumping all the gold XP cards on her but the 40 AP cost is hindering it a bit. It took six days to get her to 70 but it didn't feel like it for some reason. I'm just super glad I have her since she's super good with Prisma Cosmos at any level.
That was also back when I was a low enough level that I was leveling up fairly regularly too, now that I think about it.

Sciencegar
Dec 21, 2013

I'm afraid its because of Super-Science.

Regular-Ass Science is innocent.
Its even worst if you're obsessed with efficiency like me, and using a gold Caster XP card on a Lancer would cause you physical pain.

In other news, I've realised that if I'm never going to be able to farm Saber or Rider XP until the changeover, because it's only available on 'Lancer Monuments' Day and 'All The Materials Except Plumes' Day. So, that's annoying.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Sciencegar posted:

In other news, I've realised that if I'm never going to be able to farm Saber or Rider XP until the changeover, because it's only available on 'Lancer Monuments' Day and 'All The Materials Except Plumes' Day. So, that's annoying.

I'm not sure it'll be much of an improvement when they're on "Lancer Monuments - Now Only Once A Week" Day and "Demon Hearts" Day.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!

NRVNQSR posted:

I'm not sure it'll be much of an improvement when they're on "Lancer Monuments - Now Only Once A Week" Day and "Demon Hearts" Day.

Absolutely an improvement. Sure is fun to try getting that last Saber monument, and seeing nothing but Gilgamesh and Elisabeth the entire day.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Oh poo poo whaddup

https://www.facebook.com/FateGO.USA/videos/1031117717044261/

quote:

Thanks to everyone's continuous support, Fate/Grand Order (English) has reached over 1 million downloads! To celebrate this occasion, we have prepared a special Facebook campaign!
During the campaign period, if THIS Facebook post reaches a certain amount of likes and shares, we will give away amazing prizes for all players!
-
For reaching 10,000 Likes...
Players will receive 18 Saint Quartz, 4 Summon Tickets, and 3 Golden Fruits!

For reaching 2,000 Shares...
Players will receive 10 Mana Prisms a day during a special period for up to 130 Mana Prisms!

* During the Distribution Period, you can receive up to all the above prizes when you log in for 13 consecutive days.

Distribution Period: 2017-09-07 04:00 - 09-21 03:59 UTC
* The first login bonus will be given out after 09-07 04:00 UTC.
* The next login bonuses will be given out at 4:00 UTC each day.
* The login bonuses can be claimed up to 13 times. However, depending on the time you start the game, that number may change.
-
AP Cost ½ Campaign will also commence! The AP Cost for Daily Quests will become ½ during the following period:
"Enter the Treasure Vault" AP Cost ½ Period: 2017-08-31 7:00 - 09-07 3:59 UTC
"Duel with the Three Knights" "Duel with the Four Cavalries" "Monster Hunting" AP Cost ½ Period: 2017-09-07 7:00 - 09-14 3:59 UTC
-
To celebrate the game reaching 1 million downloads, Limited Time Servant "★5 (SSR) Sakata Kintoki" will be available for the first time! Other servants included in the "1 Million Download Pickup Summon include "★4 (SR) Altria Pendragon [Alter]," "★4 (SR) Martha," and more!

cyxx
Oct 1, 2005

Byon!
Hooray. I wonder if the rateup will start on 9/7 since everything else starts then too

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Not including Ember Hunting? That's really weird.

I guess it's fine, but goddammit I need exp.

edit: oh poo poo this means I can get those feathers I've been needing to cap out Waver :toot:

ACES CURE PLANES fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Aug 29, 2017

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

cyxx posted:

Hooray. I wonder if the rateup will start on 9/7 since everything else starts then too

Half AP treasure vaults start on the 31st, so it might start then.

Sciencegar
Dec 21, 2013

I'm afraid its because of Super-Science.

Regular-Ass Science is innocent.
Yeah, I appreciate the gesture, but leaving out XP dailies is wierd. I was hoping for a change from monument grinding, not being told to double down.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Here i am, liking and sharing on facebook. What has this game reduced me to.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Dammit, I want Okeanos so I can whale on Drake.

cyxx
Oct 1, 2005

Byon!
Does the 1/2 off campaign apply to free quests and interlewds? If so I might finally do those

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

cyxx posted:

Does the 1/2 off campaign apply to free quests and interlewds? If so I might finally do those

It's only for the specific quests listed in the announcement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
And they've actually hit a million DLs in the NA version, nice.