Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I feel like I heard somewhere that Megan had a legit issue with somebody or something (Cody? Maybe?) that dug up her PTSD and allowed her to self-evict gracefully.

So, again, this season is better than it has been but that poo poo comes down to casting. And it's not like I WANT to complain but it seems like Grodner finally took a hint of a backseat and I'd like her to keep it that way. Just a miscalculation. Sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I haven't seen anything about it since Week 1 but the story Megan was telling was that she was the victim of sexual assault in the military and the repeated confrontations from Josh, Cody, and Jessica/Alex just were too much for her PTSD. Which is probably a terribly clumsy and inaccurate way to describe it because I'm ignorant as gently caress about such issues and she just has my benefit of the doubt and sympathy.

I don't think the season's been "terrible." Its just weird and disjointed. The first few month of the season is a really entertaining story with 2 really entertaining villains getting their downfall. And this last month of the season might be an interesting game of competent (if not great) players jockeying for position in the end game. But in between there was just this terrible dragging month of nothing happening, it taking forever for those original villains to get evicted, the whole house just coalescing in hate around them and kind of becoming villains themselves, and no game at all.

So if we have a good final run this will be an ok season but right now its at best 50/50 in my book.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
So, the first season I watched was 14, with the coaches. That was...okay!

Then 15.

Then 16.

....then 17

There's a backlog of 8 and 10 in here somewhere. Also, Canada.

I know that Hayden loving rules but I refuse to subject myself to Brenchel, on principle. They have a loving screaming ADORA BOREALIS plus a dog going on when they deign to podcast. gently caress them. This was supposed to be good and fun.

So in comparison, this does not suck half as much as it could. It's trying, though.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

IMO, Hayden doesn't "loving rule." I mean, he's a solid winner and the Brigade did a good job but from my memory its a pretty boring season because it had the same sort of problem we had this season with Jody. The whole house was just so focused and united in their disdain for Brenchel that they lost sight of the rest of the game and made it all about getting rid of them (which wasn't super easy since they were both good at comps). There's a reason I repeatedly called Jody Brenchel 2.0.

But Brittany's amusing and I actually enjoyed Brenchal for the absurd villains they are the same way I enjoyed Jody for the first few weeks. But Hayden and the Brigade are kind of boring and similar to Derrick/Cody/Detonators. And I didn't like Matt and Ragan (others did, so your mileage may vary).

10 is widely regarded as the best season, though, and following that up with 12 and 14 isn't a terrible plan, IMO.

And BB Can 2. My favoritest ever.

But again, I think 17 is good so consider the source.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Can is just good in general.

I see what you're saying, but at least the Brigade was four people and not just a veteran named Paul, you know?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I've made this argument before and I know I'm in the extreme minority in it so I don't want to harp on it... but I don't think Paul has run this house. At least not alone or with in a "puppetmaster" sense.

He, Christmas, and Josh have been working together since Week 1 (with the arguable exception of those couple of days Christmas was out of the house for surgery and Paul was really painting her as a target) and the only time I can remember Josh and Christmas being out of the loop was the Kevin/Cody thing. And Alex and Jason have been working with them pretty soundly since Jess' HOH. Kevin and Maven are just your regular season floaters along for the ride.

I don't know. They're definitely not "The Brigade" in any sense but its not like we're sitting here years later talking about the games of Lane and Meow Meow. I'm not even 100% sure that was their names. if anything the big difference is that Paul isn't so much "the Hayden" as he is "the Matt" who had parachutes and a side game all set up but he didn't get caught like Matt did.

Although, in fairness the biggest difference is that I'm judging from a feeds perspective and the TV show narrative has definitely been "Paul is running things." But again, he's more of the Matt than the Hayden in that sense. He just hasn't had anyone turn the tables on him like Matt did (and I don't expect he will, but I'm still thinking he suffers the Vanessa fate).

mancalamania
Oct 23, 2008
It's tough to say how in control Paul ultimately is because Paul/Josh/Christmas/Alex/Jason have won basically every HoH all season, and their alliance is pretty mutually beneficial (or was mutually beneficial until the last week or so where Alex/Jason are slightly too slow to figure out that they've fallen in the pecking order). Would Kevin or Maven or Ramses or Marlena have bowed to Paul's will if they won HoH? Maybe, but add that to the list of STAC Goat's "What If"s this season.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

That's the thing, I don't totally buy into "Paul's will." What I'll credit him for this season is that it was less about "his will" most of the time and more about "Paul has set up multiple options and even if his preferred one doesn't happen he's still getting a win."

So if Marlena had won a HOH they might not have taken out Cody or even Kevin, but if they had gone after Josh/Christmas, Alex/Jason, or Maven then Paul's still fine. And in the worse case where they put up Paul they probably wouldn't have been able to send him home.

I don't think that's him "controlling the game". He hasn't decided who goes home each week or dictated people's HOHs the way Derrick did. But he's played a good layered social game with multiple parachutes so that whatever move happens or whatever the HOH does he's fine. That's why I keep comparing him to Vanessa who had Austin, the Twins, Steve, and Clelli. If Alex and Jason had decided to go after Christmas and Josh this week then it wouldn't have changed much for Paul and he probably would have adjusted again and kept playing all the angles.

He did a lot of the same last season. The biggest thing he changed this time is not getting into a duo like he did with Victor. He made sure he was in the position Michelle was in where she was set up to be the 3rd to Nat/James and Victor/Paul (and Nicorey if Michelle had been smarter and less petty).

The question's going to be if he does better with Jury Management. He burned Elena pretty badly and spent much of last week berating Mark. He's going to get another situation to manage tomorrow when Maven ask if he had any idea they were the targets and if Jason isn't happy he's being hung out to dry. A lot of people could get burned tomorrow.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

POV over. Maven still up. Drama. They mad.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

POV Ceremony ends and feeds come back at 11:58. Raven's yelling and calling Jason a "counterfeit son of a bitch."

Jason, Alex, and Paul discussing damage control in storage. Paul says he's going to say they were arguing and say Kevin got in Jason's head. Raven interrupts.

Raven: Are you kidding, Jason? Don't have a conversation with me and lie to me later!

Christmas hugs Jason and tells him Paul and Matt are trying to calm Raven.
Christmas: We thought Jess was scary?

Alex explaining to Jason how he hosed up his jury game with this move and that's what her, Paul, and Christmas were trying to tell him the last few days. They knew Raven would explode like this and he didn't listen. Jason says it would have been worse if he had used the POV on Raven because Kevin would have gone off on him. Alex agrees it was a tough situation either way which is why they wanted him to think it out from the start. She applauds him for sticking to his guns.

Raven going off in the backyard and Matt trying to chill her out. Matt says Jason's hiding in the storage room. As the show illustrated Raven isn't super clear to hear because she mumbles, talks fast, and has that accent. Even when yelling.

Raven: I'm going to go insane on him!

Jason: I don't want to talk to her. I don't know what I'm gonna say.

Paul's with Raven. Apparently Jason reassured Raven again this morning which she's screaming about. Yeah, that was dumb, Jason. Paul says Alex and Jason are fighting in storage and Maven call bullshit on it. Paul doesn't really fight because its pointless. Matt calls Jason a coward and pussy. Paul tells Raven she can be upset but "we" need to be smart. Maven seem to buy that Paul's on their side of these "drawn lines." Paul says he doesn't know what to do but they have Christmas and Josh. Maven seem to buy it and Paul says not to expose it.

Matt: I can't believe he's still hiding in there. Even Cody didn't hide in the storage room.

Jason wants to go to HOH and hide but Kevin wants to stay around and defend himself if Raven says stuff.

Matt: Jason, why are you going to hide, man?

Paul tells Christmas and Josh that they're good with Maven.

Jason tells Raven its "just what the game dictates." Raven says to be honest and not play like its Kevin all week. Jason says he didn't "say anything to anyone." Maven lose it offer that and babble about his nomination/POV speech. Raven says Jason told her he was pulling one of them down. Jason doesn't remember saying that. Matt says he said it on TV and everyone saw it. Jason trying to argue he said something vague. Matt says Jason lied "like a bitch" and and his "true colors are showing." He says Jason's been talking poo poo about Kevin all week.

Matt: I just can't believe that you have the balls to go in the storage room and hide with Alex for fifteen minutes, dude! What are you, Mark? Seriously! Even Cody didn't do that, man! I would never expect a cowboy like you to be a pussy like that!
Jason: I wasn't hiding...
Matt: Yes, you were, dude! You literally stayed there for 20 minutes like a bitch! No, no, no. Like a little bitch!
Jason: I asked if you had a question...
Matt: What do you want me to do? Call you a lying bitch on national television? This is a game and I don't have issues with what you did, but to hide?
Jason: I guess I didn't think of it like that...
Matt: I believe you didn't. Because that's how you're made. To hide from a 105 lb girl! That's embarrassing!

I'd hide from Raven. She's scary.

Matt says he's "ready to go home" and he doesn't care about the move but keeps calling Jason hiding "Mark and Cody bitch poo poo." Raven saying he should have just been honest and told them they were targets and Kevin is with him. Jason says "you're right". Matt says to at least stick by his guns.

Jason says the "biggest insult" is when you have someone something wants and they don't even bother to ask for it and implies they never talked to him. Raven loses it again and says Jason assured him she was taking him down. Jason again says he doesn't remember that and Matt loses it calling him a "punk bitch" and to find his balls. Matt asks if he even remembers his nomination speech. Raven asks if the "house agenda" he talked about was getting Matt out. Jason says it was his agenda and he shouldn't have said "the house". Lots of yelling and Jason babbling. Jason now denies he told Raven he'd take her down and says "no one's going to know." Maven says it will be on TV.

Raven saying how he should have just been a man and been honest about his agenda. Matt says instead he lied and said he didn't remember, and that's what Mark did. Matt says he expected more from Jason and if he wanted him out he should have said it like a man. Jason says the game doesn't "dictate that." Matt says he didn't have to give the nomination speech and promise to take Raven down. Matt says he can't wait for his wife to see him hiding like a bitch. Josh says not to get personal. Matt is ranting somewhat incoherently while Jason drowns.

Alex is now trying to rescue Jason and says he was only in the storage room because she was yelling at him so it was her fault. Matt's not really buying it and he says they're hashing it out now in the open. Jason asks why Maven think they're less expendable than Kevin or Josh. Maven take offense to that and say they don't deserve to be here more than anyone, the issue is him lying to them. Matt says they're not criticizing his game move, they're criticizing the way he behaved this week. Raven (near sobbing) says Jason threw Kevin under the bus this week. Jason first agrees and then denies it. Matt asks if Jason said Kevin was "freeloading" in the game, Jason says he did but says Matt's "twisting" it.

Matt says they're friends and they'll be friends after this. Jason says its the toughest thing he's done in the house. Jason babbling that he was mad that Kevin went off first in HOH but he wasn't going to throw him on the block because of "some of the idiotchracies he's done." Raven says he shouldn't have said he would and Jason saying he didn't REALLY say that.

Matt: Oh, he's going Dom on this.

Matt points out he's gone up as a pawn happily three times including for Jason and even threw a safety comp. Jason's got nothing.

Alex randomly interjects that she "still hates Kevin" and he's still her target. Matt's not really buying it but not fighting, and saying she stuck with her "core values." Raven says she believes Alex because she's never gone back on her word. Raven asks Josh and Alex if they heard Jason say he'd take her down and both kind of avoid the topic. Matt's just screaming about "sticking to your core values" now. Kevin's in the backyard away from all this and Paul tries to draw attention to that. Jason asks why he's out there and Matt says he should go talk to him since he's his boy and "stick to your core values."

There's now like 10 minutes of awkward silence. Its weird. Kevin comes in and Matt asks if he's "going to hide out there, bud?" but Kevin doesn't seem to hear him right. Raven's sniffling. Matt tries to break the tension by making a joke about hanging out with Cody and Mark in Jury but no one reacts. Raven muttering about people not "pissing on me and tell me its raining." She says she's not campaigning against Matt. Matt says he's eating (on Have Nots) and taking penalty votes to make sure he goes over her. Everyone is visibly uncomfortable by the tension, especially Paul who can't really shut up and keeps acting like a clown.

Matt says "lets get it out there" and asks Kevin and Jason to admit they voted him out. Kevin denies it and promises on his children he voted out Mark. Matt accepts it. Kevin rants a little that he'll see on the show he never lied and says he should ask everyone. Matt does and everyone says they voted out Mark. When he gets to Jason the cowboy mumbles a little and Matt loses it again and says he's such a punk he can't answer a simple yes or no. Jason being defensive now saying Matt thinks he's been lying all game so he won't believe him. Matt says to at least give him a "no" since everyone else did and one of them is lying. Jason says he'll tell him when he's calm. Matt is calm and Jason finally admits he voted for him. Jason trying to argue that he didn't lie by saying he didn't know who the votes were because he doesn't know the second vote. Raven finds that laughable. Jason accuses Raven of being the second vote and Raven finds that even more laughable. Raven says she's played a loyal game all season "on my pacemaker."

Matt comparing Jason's equivocating to Dom. Jason says Matt's just trying to "razz" him. Matt says he's going home so why would he try any of that?

Alex randomly says she's going to vote out Matt and she'll be honest about it. Matt thanks her. Raven says she believes her because she's always done what she's said. Raven saying through sniffles that she rather go to Jury as a loyal player than a liar and lovely person.

After something like 20 or 30 minutes of awkward tension (that allowed me to catch up) Matt finally decides to go tanning. Soon after Raven is called to DR.

Jason: Well that could have gone better.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

So was the original plan even Jason's idea in the first place? I can see him wanting to protect Kevin, but don't go through with that plan if you aren't willing to put him up, or surely don't loving win veto.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
Jason was not satisfied that Cody might go down as one of the worst players of the season, and possibly of all time. Congrats to Jason for really pulling through and claiming that top spot.

Jason is really, really dumb.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I like how Alex says "Kevin is still my target" as if that matters in any possible way at that point.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Its all very messy because Jason's very messy.

He told Maven that he was backdooring Kevin.
He told Kevin he was targeting Maven.
Since Kevin played in POV everyone figured there was a 50% chance he or Maven win POV and this all works out.
Jason won the POV, which was dumb, because it put him in a situation where he had to openly betray Maven or Kevin.
Paul, Alex, Christmas, and Josh all saw that which is why they pressed so hard the last couple of days for him to put up Kevin as a pawn for cover and ultimately decided to insulate themselves from the decision.

This is Jason. He's a people pleaser who tells everyone what they want to hear. He gets befuddled and just says stuff. He doesn't think it out. He's done this all game, really, going back to swearing to Christmas in Week 1 that he'd vote to keep her and then trying to argue later that he never actually said and trying some poor semantic argument.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
Given Maven has done nothing all season, why the hate

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

sbaldrick posted:

Given Maven has done nothing all season, why the hate

What do you mean? Hate from who towards who?

If you mean us towards Jason, its just bad gameplay. I don't hate Jason. He's actually one of my favorites this season. I'm just calling out bad gameplay. Maven may be floaters but they're still part of the game. Floaters can make or break your game. The last couple of days Christmas, Paul, and Josh have even realized that their best case scenario for next week would be to throw HOH to Raven and let her take out Jason.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Yeah I like Jason but his gameplay is terrible. How many times has Alex had to get on him for saying stupid game spoiling poo poo?

Anyway I must say this entire season has been worth it for the Raven mumble montage last night. I couldn't frickin breathe I was laughing so hard.

Harry Potter tax.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Paul assures Jason that everything is fine and Matt will go home. Jason saying he never said the thinks Maven said he did and everyone kind of telling him he did. Jason now saying he didn't vote out Matt to "stir the pot" and he doesn't know why he said that. Paul says it doesn't matter. Jason says he thought he'd be better "at the attack." Josh says he stayed composed, which even Jason scoffs at. Paul clarifies that he didn't lose his cool. Jason says Matt was trying to get him to flip out and insult him. Jason knows he made a mess of things and is laughing at himself.

Jason: I was like "I didn't loving say that! But did I?"

Kevin says he went outside to stay away from "the bullshit."

Jason bouncing between being mad at himself for defending himself so poorly and insisting he didn't really lie to Maven. Josh surprised Matt flipped out like that. Paul playing up what a threat Matt would be if he stayed and he's gotta go.

Kevin swears on his dead brother (Richie, the guy who everyone wears the jersey of every Thursday) that he didn't vote out Matt. Matt says he really doesn't care about that and it doesn't matter at this stage. Saying some vague stuff about his word and trust and kids.

Alex, Jason, Christmas, and Josh trying to get their damage control stories straight. Its kind of nonsense. Basically Alex is going to wash her hands of this and Jason's going to take all the heat. I'm not sure if Jason fully grasps that but he hasn't all week.

Alex disappointed that Maven probably aren't going to cook lunch now like planned.

Paul comforting a crying Raven and saying that Alex didn't know about anything. Raven believes it and trusts Alex.

Content that he's clear of any Maven drama Paul has now moved on to trying to work Josh up to go after Kevin. He's telling Josh and Jason that Kevin was outside saying he keeps getting hosed and his word is good. Alex joins and Paul says Kevin's working for jury votes with Maven. Paul's speculating that Kevin is lying about his age and kids and working up the next mob target.

Christmas doing good jury work with Maven and no one seeming to mind. She coddles a weeping Raven. Talks about both Kevin and Jason being liars and covering their asses poorly. Compares it to Mark and Elena and why its the problem with lying because you have to keep track of the lies. She says Josh is just confused by everything. Josh joins them to trash Kevin some more. He tells Raven to stay strong and not cry too much. Raven says she has 2 hearts. Matt makes it clear to Josh he wants him to vote him out on Thursday. Matt's goal for the week is to wrack up more penalty votes than there are HGs.

Paul asking if he came into the house and acted like a veteran "douche" like Frank. Alex and Jason assure him he's awesome.

Kevin comes through the kitchen and Alex says she hates when he shuffles his feet in the slippers and he sounds like an old man. This is apparently a slight because the slippers are Josh's HOH slippers and Kevin won't give them back.

Kevin goes to HOH with Jason and complains that he can't please Alex and now she's mad at the way he walks. Jason points out that Kevin told him he does it to aggravate people and he's successfully aggravated Alex. Kevin ranting that if Alex gets him out of the house he's going to destroy her in the Jury House and make sure everyone votes for Jason. Jason trying to do damage control and saying "they" don't want him out. Kevin asks who "they" are and says Josh and Christmas have "no right" to an opinion. Jason says Alex warned him that exactly this would happen. Kevin really worked up and ranting and seems to be pushing that if he goes to the end with Alex everyone will think she manipulated him. Its kind of unclear. Ranting that he raised 7 kids and that means he deserves to go father than Josh no matter what he did in the game. Jason tries to do some damage control about whether he said he was putting Kevin up but Kevin says he doesn't care and thinks they were "dipshits" for thinking he'd put her up.

The rest of the house bitching about Kevin. Paul encouraging Josh to go off on Kevin and Josh seems like game but Christmas calming him and telling him not to do it. Josh ranting about Kevin and how he shits to everyone about everyone behind their backs. Alex telling him if he calls out Kevin then Kevin's going to put him up if he wins HOH.

Jason alone saying that he wants to stay in HOH and let Maven burn out and vent.

Paul, Josh, and Alex to HOH to shade Kevin to Jason. Christmas STILL doing jury management with Maven. Paul says that Kevin called Josh and Jason dumb. Josh getting really worked up. Josh mentions Kevin not washing his hands when he went to the bathroom. Jason says Kevin was sneaking food in there (he's a Have Not). Josh telling Jason that Kevin is playing like a coward adn talking poo poo to everyone. Lots of the same Kevin bashing. Its redundant.

Matt emerges from the DR and says that they tried to talk him out of his "double digit penalty vote" plan. Fish.

Jason adn Alex alone now. Alex says that Kevin told Maven about his vote which is why Matt was so sure it was him. Jason telling Alex about Kevin complaining about the slipper thing and Jason calling him out that he was doing it intentionally to antagonize her. Alex a little sore that Matt said Jason implied Alex was the second vote. Jason is confused and doesn't know what she's talking about. Alex says its shady Kevin didn't thank Jason for protecting him this week.

Paul doing jury management with Maven. Matt saying that its game and that he just wants Paul to get Raven farther. Josh joins and tells Maven they're great and loved and Matt looks like a stud./

Josh tells Paul that Christmas and Alex are ready to go off on Kevin.

Christmas and Kevin arguing about something unclear. Christmas says Kevin asks questions he knows the answers to. Apparently this is about Kevin asking if he could eat something for Have Nots? Or something about the pool? Kevin asked Christmas if she was going swimming and Christmas is mad because he knows she can't because of her foot? Raven and Josh getting in on it now. Jsoh and Kevin screaming about nonsense. Alex and Jason run downstairs when they see this on the HOH TV. Josh saying Kevin lied to him the other day and Christmas says to drop it and they're all just "crazy fucks."

Raven telling Alex that Matt's going home because of Kevin. Says Kevin's never done anything in the game and is a liar and "swindler." Says Kevin is her target.

Josh brings up Kevin calling him stupid and Kevin denies it. Kevin says Josh is flattering himself thinking he talks about him. Josh says he's playing himself. Josh calls a liar and Kevin calls Josh a baby and if he calls him a liar again he'll be crying. Josh asks who won the $25K (Kevin told him) and Kevin says Josh did. Josh asks to swear on his kids and Kevin says not to bring his family into it and we get brief fish when Kevin sorta charges Josh (not near as much as Cody or Mark). We get back and Kevin's just yelling "shut the gently caress up" while Josh does his thing calling Kevin a liar who has done this all game and Kevin says he can't respond or else he'll hit him and they'll take him out of the house. Kevin telling Josh he doesn't give a gently caress about him while Josh does his usual stuff. Kevin sorta "charges" at Josh again saying "say something about one of my family members" and fish again.

Its been near 20 minutes since then and nothing but fish. This house, man. They gonna all end up in jail in the Jury House.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Dang I wonder if Kevin is out

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Unless Kevin actually threw that glass at Josh he should be fine. Its no worse than Cody, Mark, or Jess did. More than likely they just did the same thing they've done all season and separate Kevin and Josh and give them talkings to. And knowing Josh he probably yelled a bunch to antagonize Kevin from the across the house, because that's what he does.

ToastyPotato posted:

Jason was not satisfied that Cody might go down as one of the worst players of the season, and possibly of all time. Congrats to Jason for really pulling through and claiming that top spot.

Jason is really, really dumb.

I'd like to point out that as bad as Jason bungled this he's still gonna end the week with his target going home and most of his allies in the same place as where he started the week.

I mean, Raven, Josh, Christmas, and Paul will be gunning for him but they were doing that anyway.

This is more of a Jury fuckup week. Cody's still the king, IMO, although I actually have ideas about Jess's HOH being worse because she should have learned something from Cody's.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

There's a brief shot of no fish and everyone seems to be calm in the kitchen, including Kevin. Not sure why the extended fish. Now they switch to puppies which is usually reserved for production stuff. But they were just cooking.

BB seems to be just shutting off feeds to avoid us seeing spontaneous "aggressiveness". Which seems a little beyond the point of feeds.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

They've warned Josh about provoking this poo poo like ten times, he's never listened, but I don't think they'll actually do anything to him or Kevin without real physical contact, maybe even intent to injure. But it's a CBS show with an audience of mostly kids and grandmas, they don't want it to be Bad Girls' Club. It's like giving Christmas hospital furloughs and comp exemptions: lovely situation, no good options for production. Now if she makes it to F3 and she's not cleared to play in either of the first two comps (and they were INSANELY dumb to allow her to play in the run-around-and-collect-balls comp), there's those big fancy comp sets and all the TV time devoted to them, but with no stakes at all.

"Winding up the dumb loud guy and getting him to yell in people's faces until they hit him or say something stupid" is actually very replicable as a BB strategy. Hope it doesn't make casting too sterile/conflict-averse.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

STAC Goat posted:

Unless Kevin actually threw that glass at Josh he should be fine. Its no worse than Cody, Mark, or Jess did. More than likely they just did the same thing they've done all season and separate Kevin and Josh and give them talkings to. And knowing Josh he probably yelled a bunch to antagonize Kevin from the across the house, because that's what he does.

I was thinking something may have happened beyond the fishes that we didn't see hence the extended fishes.

Glad it didn't happen though. I kinda like Kevin, but I could straight up see him murdering someone.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CBS is real loving lucky the feeds are attached to All Access because paying for the feeds themselves is basically worthless. Anytime anything happens they cut the feeds but here's hours of people laying down. gently caress outta here.

STAC Goat posted:

I'd like to point out that as bad as Jason bungled this he's still gonna end the week with his target going home and most of his allies in the same place as where he started the week.

I mean, Raven, Josh, Christmas, and Paul will be gunning for him but they were doing that anyway.

This is more of a Jury fuckup week. Cody's still the king, IMO, although I actually have ideas about Jess's HOH being worse because she should have learned something from Cody's.

It was more so that he was potentially tanking his whole game over massive botches. I guess we'll see how it ends up for him. I mean Cody hosed up from the first HOH and he still made it to jury.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Josh is unquestionably an instigator but it was bullshit that BB put it on him to stop the (near) violence. Especially after Cody boasted that he intentionally threatened violence because he knew BB would tell Josh to stop if he did. Josh has never threatened to fight or gotten physical and he hasn't done anything that other players like Dick or Rachel haven't done. At this stage the house might just be too worked up and hostile in general but Christmas gets in fights all the time and never threatens to hit anyone. You gotta hold everyone accountable for their own actions. Criticize or hate Josh for being a poo poo stirrer and an antagonistic rear end in a top hat, but Kevin's the one who grabbed a glass and lost his poo poo.

And Kevin's always been a hot head, this is just the first time anyone's confronted him instead of just placating him and talking behind his back. Remember, Kevin's the guy who has actually done jail time and was raised in the mob.

Besides, if there's a true instigator of this stuff its Paul. He's been working Josh up about Kevin for weeks.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Well the Paul haters are certainly going to be at full mast now.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

ToastyPotato posted:

It was more so that he was potentially tanking his whole game over massive botches. I guess we'll see how it ends up for him. I mean Cody hosed up from the first HOH and he still made it to jury.

I mean... Cody got voted out in Week 2. He came back in Week 4 and was saved with a Jess HOH, was saved with Jess' Hex Week 5, won Safety in Week 6, and went to Jury in Week 7. So "made it to jury" is a technically true but also a mere fraction of the story. Cody legit played one of the worst games of all time and Jess and Twists just kept giving him extra lives

But I still sorta think Jess might have played a worse game. Because she had more skills and weapons at her disposal and still had life not only in Week 1 but in Week 3 and arguably in Week 5. She just never did a drat thing with it kept defaulting back to playing Cody's game and ultimately made herself the bigger target.

ToastyPotato posted:

Well the Paul haters are certainly going to be at full mast now.

I've mostly stopped reading places besides this but from today I saw Jody and Marlena referred to as the "levelheaded ones."

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Aug 28, 2017

CancerStick
Jun 3, 2011
Ugh. Sometimes I like Jason but then I'm reminded he is a piece of poo poo, if not the biggest.

Jason "joking": I'm gonna gently caress your (Kevins) wife when we get out of here & I'm gonna tie all your daughters up & make them loving watch

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

CancerStick posted:

Ugh. Sometimes I like Jason but then I'm reminded he is a piece of poo poo, if not the biggest.

Jason "joking": I'm gonna gently caress your (Kevins) wife when we get out of here & I'm gonna tie all your daughters up & make them loving watch

Yes that's exactly the thing to say to the mob guy

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Feeds back.

Kevin asking Christmas advice on what he should do for damage control. "Just win HOH and try and fix things?" Christmas doesn't have much to say. Kevin complains about not being able to eat and says he's not going to break the rules like Matt. Christmas encouraging Kevin to just keep playing the game and someone else will blow up or fight. Kevin saying he and Christmas can get mad at each other but they can get past it but Josh shouldn't have gotten involved.

Josh, Jason, and Alex talking about Kevin. Josh saying Kevin was the rogue vote in the first two weeks and put it on Ramses. Jason and Alex lamenting about the Week 1 vote and how they could have controlled things if Kevin and Mark hadn't flipped. Josh doesn't much like this since he would have been poo poo out of luck that week. Jason and Alex do some weird arguing about that and Josh points out the obvious that they're all still there so they made the right call. Paul joins and brings up the $25K. Jason says he told Kevin he knows Kevin was lying about that and a couple of weeks ago he asked him if he should tell anyone if he did.

Kevin apologizes to Josh and says he would have never hit him and he's sorry for "getting so crazy." Josh rambled a bunch and assures Kevin that whatever personal fights they have he's not coming after him. Kevin doesn't want to upset Josh and encourages him to go in the pools with him. They hug.

Christmas has apparently named her scooter "Pepe."

Kevin is out in the pool and Christmas and Josh are sharing his damage control with everyone. Paul, Raven, and Alex are calling bullshit and keeping the target firmly in place. Raven can't believe Kevin didn't get in trouble. Paul says that they told them to separate and Kevin said "gently caress you" and was in the DR for most of that break. BB tells them to stop and Raven throws a mini fit so kitties.

Kevin's with Jason and Jason's clearly frustrated but its unclear about what exactly. Neither is miced so its not clear what's being said. Kevin seems to be complaining about Christmas and Josh and Jason is just agreeing as he always does.

Josh: What am I, a dog? You guys tell me "sic him" and I'm like...

BB: KEVIN, PLEASE PUT ON YOUR MICROPHONE.
Raven: Kevin! Please shut your dick in a door!

Kevin's never cooked and doesn't know how to make slop and now that Matt has decided not to eat slop there's no one else's slop for Kevin to eat. Alex says she'll kill anyone who helps him and calls him a piece of poo poo.

Josh says he's never been physically threatened so much in his life and they keep calling him into DR.

Christmas talks to Josh and Alex about how quick Kevin went from calm to raging to calm. More general Kevin bashing. Alex calling him a "loving scumbag." Josh asks Alex and Christmas that if they ever gets mad at him to not threaten to throw a glass at him. Josh finishes his ice cream and says he's eating his feelings.

Christmas is on the exercise bike and making me feel incredibly lazy.

Matt and Raven discussing how horrible it would have been if Raven had won POV and Paul had gone up. Huh?

CancerStick posted:

I think this is being taken quite a bit out of context. Jason was saying how if Kevin backstabbed him after this week and put him on the block he'd say the worst possible things to Kevin. Then he spit out that gem as the worst thing he could think of and everyone immediately react that it was definitely way past the line. He said it but he wasn't exactly "saying it". It was a hyperbolic example.

I mean, a rape joke is a rape joke. But the context does sort of make a difference here. Maybe not a big enough one to make it ok, but some difference.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Jason's twitter account went private, presumably in response to the social media backlash about the rape "joke." Before it did they posted these.

Maven telling Josh, Christmas, and Paul that they think Alex was in on Jason's agenda all week. Paul tries to defend her but Matt pushes back. Matt keeps complaining about the wall and Alex and Jason not throwing and Josh and Christmas say Jason did point to Alex when he asked who voted for him (that was part of the fight and Jason denied it... I don't know, its a mess). Paul, Josh, and Christmas (who really need a name for ease's sake) assure Raven that she has them.

Jason joins Paul and Josh's chess game and says Kevin must have talked poo poo about him because he was just apologizing to him. Paul says Kevin was telling him Christmas and Josh apologized and said the fight was all their fault. I have no idea if that's true or not since they were in the pool and not miced so I wasn't bothering to try and listen.

Christmas telling Maven that Jason is on a "power trip" and think Alex winning HOH is a lock. Maven lament a little about sending Mark home last week and not taking a shot at Alex. Christmas says she's debated that every night. Matt saying they had a plan and two people deviated from it. Paul joins back up and says Josh is talking to Jason about Kevin. Christmas says Jason doesn't listen if he doesn't want to. Paul wonders why Jason is protecting Kevin so much and Raven says he wants him as a goat at F2, and wouldn't take Alex there. Paul says that's a good point. Matt says he'll bring that up to Alex before he's gone. Christmas asks for him to warn her so she can make popcorn. Raven says Alex and Jason have been faking all their conflict this week so Alex could play dumb after POV. Matt compares it to Jess claiming she didn't know about Cody's move. Paul plays dumb and wide eyed about this new and shocking idea. Paul says they should keep playing dumb and pretend they're buying Alex's stuff and Raven mimes how she'll behave the rest of the week.

Kevin asks where the made slop is. I think Alex and Raven threw it out so Kevin would have to make some of his own. Paul confirms that after Kevin leaves. Alex in HOH is watching Kevin look for it on the TV and says she put it in the storage room.

Alex: Oh look, I have a bowl of slop right here.
Jason: Why are you eating slop?
Alex: To gently caress with him.

Raven is fantasizing about winning HOH and putting up "the cowardly cowboy." "Oh right, he's not a cowboy, he's a rodeo clown." Raven says she's slammed the DR door on Jason and ripped him "three new assholes" in there.

Paul: I'm genuinely scared of this girl.
Matt: This is why I got the penalty vote. Because they will vote to keep me. She's way worse than me.

Kevin joins Alex, Jason, and Josh in HOH to complain about the slop being thrown out. He blames Raven. Kevin asks "isn't it everybody's?" and Alex says "Matt made it" but he took the penalty vote so he's not eating it now. Alex says its kind of "bad rear end" and Kevin says it "compromises the dignity of the game". Kevin's really worked up against Raven. Jason says Raven called Kevin a "violent man." Kevin says Raven is violent with Matt all the time. Alex says Kevin is a big guy and threatening Josh with a glass was scary. Kevin says he apologized and Raven's just looking for things to jump on. Alex says she doesn't think the slop is that big a deal.

Jason: That escalated quickly.
Alex: I told you not to.

Josh asks Kevin if he wants to talk about their fight, Kevin says yeah. Rehash the fight stuff. Josh brings up when weeks earlier Kevin telling him to "not be a follower". I think this was fallout of that SpellingGate Jody fight. Kevin saying he wasn't meaning to call him a follower specifically but giving general advice. They argue a little over misinterpretations and tone. Josh says a lot of people have told him Kevin was talking trash about him or targeting him and he never gave it mind until that comment. They go round and round but pretty calmly. Josh says Kev misinterpreted him bringing up his family because he only asked him to swear on his kids because he had a moment earlier.

Jason then randomly kicks Josh out of the room and says he's tired of the fighting. Then he confronts Kevin and said he DID attack Josh with the "follower" thing and it was a "serious, heated moment." Kevin argues about tone and misinterpretations some more and now its a circular Jason/Kevin fight. Jason says that if Josh had asked him he would have said "Kevin jumped your rear end" but he didn't want to start a big fight in here because he's tired of that. But he's basically saying that he's not going to cover for Kevin's lies.

Josh tells Paul, Christmas, and Raven that Jason is heated and going off on Kevin. They don't really understand why Jason would kick Josh out not just call out Kevin in front of him. They send Josh back up to figure out what the deal is. Raven says its obvious its Jason, Alex, and Kevin and that's why the kicked Josh out. Matt rejoins and he's officially performing eating now. Paul points out that Kevin swore on his kids that he didn't vote for Matt but wouldn't that he didn't have the $25K. He reasons out that means Kevin probably has the $25K but didn't vote, so Alex must have been the other vote. Raven agrees.

Josh rejoins HOH and Kevin says he might have been aggressive with FollowerGate and apologizes for it. More circular Josh/Kevin arguing. The matter seems to be somehow resolved and Josh joking about how the game is designed to create this kind of nonsense.

Paul and Christmas seem to have convinced Raven to throw HOH to Christmas this week if its non-physical so that Paul, Josh, and Raven all compete in the next one if its physical. I know why that makes sense as a team but I'm not sure why Christmas wants to be the one to pull the trigger on Alex/Jason/Kevin.

Before they go to HOH to play Alex and Jason. Paul and Christmas briefly and quietly celebrate that they're somehow pulling off this week to keep playing the middle. I will continue to make the argument that for as much as people focus on Paul its really Paul, Christmas, and Josh. Paul won't be loyal to them if push comes to shove but the three of them have been doing this for a long time together.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Aug 29, 2017

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
Yeah, I think Josh and Christmas are much more impressive than Paul. One of them has had to sit out a ton of comps and the other one seemed like an easy week 2 eviction and they're still in a really solid position. They still have Kevin and another couple ahead of them in people's thoughts.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Kevin complaining to Christmas and Jason that Raven threw out the slop and Alex defended her and said Raven is bothered by violence. Lots of ranting from Kevin about how Raven's the violent one. Kevin thinks BB should have stopped her from dumping the slop and compares it to Kevin flushing her stuff down the toilet. Jason thinks Matt and Raven threw some of his stuff out? I'm lost. Jason tells him to just make more slop and keep it in his room. They briefly argue over whether it should be refrigerated or not. Alex joins and says its not a big deal and with the time and energy Kevin's spent complaining he could have made new slop.

Jason's helping Kevin make slop and Alex isn't happy. She tells Jason not to "baby" Kevin and says he makes him feel old. Jason's doing it anyway.

Alex reveals to Christmas that she was the one who stole the slop and she plans to return it when they're done making a new batch. Christmas can barely speak. She's been fighting the urge to outwardly laugh at the state of things all day.

Jason collects the house for an official thingie and letter from production. Jason tells Matt and Raven that they have to sit in the nominee seats and everyone is nervous that someone got in trouble and something serious is about to happen. Jason reads the letter and its just saying that Matt gets a penalty vote for breaking the Have Nots rules. Everyone breaths a big sigh of relief and goes back to their business. Now made official Matt goes to take a hot shower.

Christmas now lifting weights and continuing to make me feel terrible about myself.

Alex scolds Jason for helping Kevin with the slop. Christmas basically concedes that if they don't help him he's just going to whine incessantly about it. Kevin knows Alex is doing this and is at wit's end with her. That's gonna blow up eventually. To help it along Alex returns the missing bag of slop to the main fridge now that Kevin has made his own batch.

Maven (who have genuinely spent the entire season cleaning the house) observe some ants and choose to just leave them and the dishes. Without Maven the ants and rats may overtake the house. This after Matt eats another sandwich in his hope he can draw more penalty votes.

Everything's calmed so I'm going to go back to the life I rediscovered the last week.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Is he just taking penalty votes at this point because gently caress it why not?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I think he sees it as some kind of rebellious move and him throwing himself on the grenade for Raven, but mostly I think he's just never been all that into the game and now he's over it entirely and doesn't see the point in dealing with it.

You know how every season there's a bunch of players who say "I just want to make jury" but when they make jury they still fight because it was just a goal or game tactic and not actually THE goal? Well for Matt he really only cared about making jury.

Matt is very bad casting. And I dont say that often.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

STAC Goat posted:

I think he sees it as some kind of rebellious move and him throwing himself on the grenade for Raven, but mostly I think he's just never been all that into the game and now he's over it entirely and doesn't see the point in dealing with it.

You know how every season there's a bunch of players who say "I just want to make jury" but when they make jury they still fight because it was just a goal or game tactic and not actually THE goal? Well for Matt he really only cared about making jury.

Matt is very bad casting. And I dont say that often.

See, I definitely read it as a tantrum and not some misguided "heroic" move. He's acting like that guy who pops the basketball when someone showboats on him.

Edit: Mark, on the other hand, handled being the target like a real well-adjusted human. Matt is handling it like a child, and Raven is a loving nightmare.

The youtube videos detailing all of the bullshit she has said in the house, up to and including the clear case of Munchausen syndrome she has are hilarious though.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Matt has been extremely consistent when it comes to protecting Raven so when you view his behavior as just attempting to draw votes I think it makes a little more sense.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I agree that Matt not doing Have Nots is a "take my ball and go home" tantrum. It doesn't reflect super well on him because my thought process is "you knew the game when you agreed to play, so to toss away the rules when you've lost is just being a sore loser." But its Big Brother so its not like I really care about "the integrity of the game" or anything. But still, its a childish way to behave.

I'm not sure I'd hold Mark up as the standard bearer for mature game play, but yeah, at least he went out better than most of the people this season.

But I do think to some extent Matt is "defending" Raven in his mind. The only times he's ever really gotten involved in the game or emotional in fights has been about when Raven was in danger. Say whatever you want about either of them but they've been a stable relationship since the feeds came on and it actually seems way saner and normal than either of the other showmances. I'm not a fan of any of the #RavenExposed stuff and I think that the BB fanbase is toxic and always does that obsessive stalking/life ruining poo poo and its always deplorable. I don't like Raven and she definitely tells lies and plays up her illness but like, I'm not going to be one of the assholes making baseless claims about her being a conwoman or a fraud or having a doctor put fake machines into her.

I already felt lovely enough when I compared Cody to Chris Kyle.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
If you're a shitbag, don't be pissed when you go on national television with 24-hour long monitoring and get a magnifying glass put on your shittiness. It's a really simple solution, don't tell unnecessary bullshit lies and don't be an rear end in a top hat.

That said, it's good tv :getin:
Not Raven, but other people - Raven is garbage tv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm not defending Raven or anything. I don't like her. She's a mean, scary person who definitely tells some degree of lies and makes up poo poo for attention. I obviously cast my share of mean and judgmental opinions about HGs throughout the season. I won't pretend to be above the fray on this because you've all read my posts and know that would be laughable.

But like, people stalking her family and claiming she underwent fake surgeries to get fake medical devices implanted in her are crazy assholes too. That's a bad part of the BB fanbase and they find targets every year. There's a segment of the BB viewership that is in this to try and ruin the lives of dumb people who want to be famous and don't think out the consequences of exposing themselves to this world.

• Locked thread