Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will earn the Iron Throne
Jon Snow / Stark (Targaryen)
Daenerys Stormborn Targaryen, Breaker of Chains, Mother of dragons, etc. etc. etc.
Cersei Lannister
Cersei's corpse after getting backstabbed by Jamie
Hodo...wait, nevermind.
Zombie Mountain
Arya / Hound spinoff series
Checkbox
View Results

• Locked thread
Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
lol one of both of them isnt making it out of this alive

now that we've plot-armor'd everyone to the meeting, the bloodletting can start

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Flikken posted:

Jon doesn't want the throne though, all he would have to do is give up his claim and let Dany have it.

That'll go over well in the North.

Edit:

Proud Christian Mom posted:

lol one of both of them isnt making it out of this alive

now that we've plot-armor'd everyone to the meeting, the bloodletting can start

Also that.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Garbage predictions for this garbage show:

-Dany will die in Jon's arms, Jon will become king of the seven kingdoms
-All the dragons will be dead at the end
-Clegane bowl will happen, and the hound will win
-dickless will manage to save his sister and kill euron somehow

I'll pirate the show if I watch it at all next season, what a retarded ending. loving holywood writers ruin everything with their save the cat template bullshit

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

My stupid fan dream right now is, jon is azor dany is nissa nisa. They're going to end up in a dragon battle with dany/drogon, jon/rhaegal, and NK/zombie dragon. Dany is gonna get wrecked and personally turned into a white walker with a forehead type touch thing. Jon is going to fight her, stab her, and pull out a flaming longclaw to gently caress up the night king with.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Slim Pickens posted:

Garbage predictions for this garbage show:

-All the dragons will be dead at the end
-Clegane bowl will happen, and the hound will win
-dickless will manage to save his sister and kill euron somehow

I'll pirate the show if I watch it at all next season, what a retarded ending. loving holywood writers ruin everything with their save the cat template bullshit

-Bran is going to warg into not-Drogon to gently caress up the Night King's dragon and end up getting the dragon and himself killed
-Jamie is going to dick down Brienne
-The Hound is going to win the Clegane bowl by overcoming his fear of fire

Then again this isn't so much prediction as hilariously obvious poo poo they've been more or less telegraphing for 4 seasons now

Also in just pure conjecture, lets say the Night King wins. Isn't like the entire other half of the world going to be completely ok since they can't swim?

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Slim Pickens posted:

This but the other way around: Jon sacrifices himself nobly for the good of all Westeros, Sansa becomes Warden/Queen of the North, Dany gets to be queen with Jon's miracle baby in her belly, but at the price of her armies and everyone she loved and cared about.

Bolow posted:

I think it's going to much shittier, like tackling his unstoppable, undead brother into a pit of fire where they are both immolated.

Dead Reckoning fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Aug 28, 2017

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
That's actually way better and probably what they're gonna do

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Bolow posted:

-Bran is going to warg into not-Drogon to gently caress up the Night King's dragon and end up getting the dragon and himself killed

Then again this isn't so much prediction as hilariously obvious poo poo they've been more or less telegraphing for 4 seasons now

Also in just pure conjecture, lets say the Night King wins. Isn't like the entire other half of the world going to be completely ok since they can't swim?

And they thrive and eventually become the people from Battlestar Galactica

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Slim Pickens posted:

That's actually way better and probably what they're gonna do
I sincerely hope he goes out screaming that the Lord of Light is a oval office and that he'll be coming for Him next.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Jon isn't gonna die. They've already talked about a spinoff with him. He's the only person guaranteed to survive, imo.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Bolow posted:

Until they're overrun by uncontrolled greyscale outbreak. Sequel series: A Song of Stone and Wights.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Goddamn can't believe I got suckered by Cersei's bullshit. Still somehow underestimated how much of a dumb spitefull rear end in a top hat she is. Hound continues to own everyone.

My continuous reaction to that plot development was basically "bullshit, I can't believe they'd go with something like that, it doesn't fit Cersei at all", but I somehow was still unable to make the most basic connection to her simply being deceptive.

Bolow posted:

This also somehow never occurred to me until Euron actually asked if they can swim.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler

Bolow posted:

The Night King now has air support. Once he's done with Westeros he can open a franchise in Essos easy enough.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Also there used to be a land bridge between west and east that i'm sure a prolonged winter would reveal again or it might just freeze over.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
its not like they can drown

they can just walk over

or yeah a fuckoff ice bridge because the world is in endless winter

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

it's kinda good to see that joffrey took after his mother but he was comparatively a petty little oval office compared to her

this show is really good at making you hate characters i'll give it that

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Ok but Jamie is gonna strangle Cersei right

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I wanna see him stab her in the back while she yells "burn them all"

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Hound survives the Great War and then him and Arya take a road trip to KL for some unfinished business.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Mr. Nice! posted:

I wanna see him stab her in the back while she yells "burn them all"

It's 100% gonna be this.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

Dead Reckoning posted:

It's 100% gonna be this.

The walls crumble. The Army of the dead flows through King's Landing. White Walkers trail behind the host, gesturing, enlisting another hundred soldiers with each flea-ridden burrough consumed.

Jaime Lannister backs away from the parapet, turning to Qyburn. "Burn them all" he commands. Qyburn's mouth opens, but only blood escapes his throat.

In the light of the dying fires, a flash of blonde hair. Blue eyes. Blue like the frost-forged dagger now protruding from Jaime's chest. The Kingslayer collapses. He looks up at his killer. "Cersei."

As he lay dying, the last thing he hears is The Night Queen's wail. The last thing he sees: among silken black folds inlaid with silver filigree, a second pair of pale blue eyes, blinking open for the first time.

The Last Lannister. The Night Prince.

It descends from its mother's royal womb, keening for the flesh of the living.

HBO HIRE ME THIS poo poo IS STRAIGHT RETARDED

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Victor Vermis posted:

The walls crumble. The Army of the dead flows through King's Landing. White Walkers trail behind the host, gesturing, enlisting another hundred soldiers with each flea-ridden burrough consumed.

Jaime Lannister backs away from the parapet, turning to Qyburn. "Burn them all" he commands. Qyburn's mouth opens, but only blood escapes his throat.

In the light of the dying fires, a flash of blonde hair. Blue eyes. Blue like the frost-forged dagger now protruding from Jaime's chest. The Kingslayer collapses. He looks up at his killer. "Cersei."

As he lay dying, the last thing he hears is The Night Queen's wail. The last thing he sees: among silken black folds inlaid with silver filigree, a second pair of pale blue eyes, blinking open for the first time.

The Last Lannister. The Night Prince.

It descends from its mother's royal womb, keening for the flesh of the living.

HBO HIRE ME THIS poo poo IS STRAIGHT RETARDED

go on i'm almost there

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

Tyrion isn't pining for Khaleesi.

That's your "..and here's where we're leaving Peter Dinklage" shot to finish up the season.

Like I can't even imagine what sort of nonsense poo poo that shot is probably setting up in the showrunners' mind.

I mean we had like 3 different scenes of the Stark sisters, in private, at each others' throats. So yeah that shot probably is the -loving stupid- setup for an amazing Tyrion scene down the road in which he has to choose between those two.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Tyrion thinks they are both k-rad people and he is just worried that this will complicate things more.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

ded posted:

Tyrion thinks they are both k-rad people and he is just worried that this will complicate things more.

Makes the most sense.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

ded posted:

🤔

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Victor Vermis posted:

Makes the most sense.

So it won't be correct. :(

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

He finally did something heroic and faced cersei down one on one. That means he should get the girl, not jon boy that got her dragon killed.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

They were all about everything being a flashback this season and Tyrion has the same expression Jorah did the first time he found out she was loving Daario.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Mr. Nice! posted:

They were all about everything being a flashback this season and Tyrion has the same expression Jorah did the first time he found out she was loving Daario.

No poo poo. I've been going back through and recently saw the episode where Littlefinger reveals everything he did while hanging out with Lysa and I was wondering when that was going to show back up.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

So the mercenaries Cersei hired number 20,000 right? Why is this treated as this massive game changer when the Dany has like 200k easily without even factoring in the North?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

do we ever have an idea of the actual numbers of her army, especially after the handful of battles?

I'm guessing it's gonna be white walkers vs the north/snow/khaleesi then what's left fights Cersei. That or Jamie kills her

I did hear 20,000 for the mercenaries though yeah

Also after all this time and all those scenes Theon grows a pair 🙄 and is going to become his sisters galant hero

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Tyrion had a look of resignation and that there's no un-fertilizing that egg.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Bolow posted:

So the mercenaries Cersei hired number 20,000 right? Why is this treated as this massive game changer when the Dany has like 200k easily without even factoring in the North?

Dany started with 8000 unsullied. The battle of the bastards was fought with around 10k men before the knights of the vale showed up. There have been a lot of deaths and not a whole lot of replenishment all the way around. Mance had gathered up a couple hundred thousand wildlings and now only a few thousand live south of the wall.

All of the armies of westeros right now combined are heavily outnumbered by the aotd and whatever numbers of either side left over will have a tough fight against rested lannister/golden company forces.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
SHOCK TWIST The Hound is actually the lord of light! omg

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I mean just in a pure subjective sense combined with the reading which armies/soldiers are considered the best sans dragons? Unsullied are up there? Knights of the Vale are known as elite or just simply have the terrain advantage?

Also how come these whole other areas are largely glossed over, like where the iron bank is. Switzerland pretty much? Down to the mercenaries

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

The iron bank is in Braavos.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

I mean just in a pure subjective sense combined with the reading which armies/soldiers are considered the best sans dragons? Unsullied are up there? Knights of the Vale are known as elite or just simply have the terrain advantage?

Also how come these whole other areas are largely glossed over, like where the iron bank is. Switzerland pretty much? Down to the mercenaries

At this point any of the Unsullied/Mercenary armies are probably the largest coherent force around. The only groups which havent taken massive losses are the Vale and Dorne, but the Knights of the Vale don't have the numbers and I guess Dorne is sitting this one out. Everyone else in Westeros has been fighting and dying for 5 years

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
It's amazing what years of constant warfare has done to the size of the armies.

IIRC Renly had like 80K, Rob had over 20K Stannis had 10K plus when he went to the wall. I wonder if the Army size shrinking has more to do with the show runners telling GRRM "hey dude you know those numbers are way to big for medieval armies?"than attrition?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
It's hollywood writing, there's no acual sense to it, it's literally whoever they say it is. Like a bunch of no-armour no-shirt desert warrior tribe dudes going to a loving winter map and being some kind of unstoppable terror :colbert:

• Locked thread