Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
I think it just annoyed me that the show's budget was nearing it's limit given that we had plot-relevant gashats that had no suit (Mighty Doctors or whatever it's called) and would have been fun to see. But no damnit, we had to have both a unique Gamedeus suit and a Cronos variant instead.

The show doesn't lose too much for it because they kept the main story elements so good, but they got a little obsessed with raising stakes and I wish it could have been plotted out better than one guy using level 50 forever and an important gashat that never goes into a driver.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I have no problem with Gashats that don't have a suit. Honestly, I'm surprised we didn't have more of them.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Night of the Living Turkeyheads.

OH. HI BUILD.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
I'm not convinced that there was a compelling need to add new suit bits for Hyper Invincible Save or Mighty Doctor XX just because Reprogram came along with Maximum Mighty. You don't have to be in a budget crunch to go "let's not have new props and toys this late in the game."

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I still think Taiga coulda used a real final form about the time Hiiro got Legacy.

Well, like with Lucky, that was a weird and inorganic non sequitur of a crossover.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

Waffleman_ posted:

I still think Taiga coulda used a real final form about the time Hiiro got Legacy.

He should have kept his secret extra character spoiler form tbh.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Waffleman_ posted:

I'm almost entirely convinced Taddle Legacy was not planned. It's a reuse of a movie suit but with its level doubled, it barely works as a power-up both in looks (being just a white Fantasy Gamer) and in abilities (showing far less impressive stuff than Fantasy), and it uses a basic Gashat (if a very nice-looking one) when everyone else's super forms use more unique ones.

My personal theory is that Fantasy Gamer was just too CGI-intensive, hence the excuse of giving Hiiro a power-up to never have to use Fantasy's abilities again.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I didn't know Legacy was a movie suit. I haven't seen Dr. Pac-Man yet.

Also Poppy :qq:

Level 1 is back, baby!

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Aug 28, 2017

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Waffleman_ posted:

Well, like with Lucky, that was a weird and inorganic non sequitur of a crossover.

Honestly I'm kinda surprised they didn't have the Dual Gashat Gear Beta have a combined form like Parad's did

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Waffleman_ posted:

I didn't know Legacy was a movie suit. I haven't seen Dr. Pac-Man yet.

It's not from the Pac-Man movie. I watched that one and it was set back around episode 5 since Lazer doesn't even have level 3 yet.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Goons, I could use your opinion. About to tackle Green With Evil, I find myself torn between two paths:

• Preserving the five-part format and making five videos of varying length due to the garbage pacing.

• Combining all five episodes into a longer megasode which would hopefully be around fifteen minutes.

Which would you rather see?

Scaly Haylie fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Aug 28, 2017

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I can't believe I'm going to finish a toku series. I haven't done that since Fourze.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Lizard Wizard posted:

Goons, I could use your opinion. About to tackle Green With Evil, I find myself torn between two paths:

• Preserving the five-part format and making five videos of varying length due to the garbage pacing.

• Combining all five episodes into a longer megasode which would hopefully be around fifteen minutes.

Which would you rather see?

It'd almost be funnier to see the first, just because episode 3 basically would be 20 seconds long

But I do like the idea of all of it being 15 minutes

Whatever would be the least trouble for you

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

This will be a continuing problem with anything longer than a 2-parter, because Power Rangers does not know how to plot anything longer than 40 minutes.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
TVN released CSHT movie today, if you're desperate. Excite already said that would be their next release, so measure your desires against your likely-capped bandwidth and react appropriately.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

YAY BIKE TIME~!

Looks like Kamen Rider Chronicle....

...just got shut down.

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Aug 28, 2017

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Burkion posted:

It'd almost be funnier to see the first, just because episode 3 basically would be 20 seconds long

But I do like the idea of all of it being 15 minutes

Whatever would be the least trouble for you

I'm happy to try and challenge myself as an editor! My biggest concern is what to title it, since it'll throw off the numbering a bit.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

And there it is.

That was some good Kamen Rider.

https://twitter.com/chickenboy64/status/902291606220529668

https://twitter.com/chickenboy64/status/902295229033742336

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Aug 28, 2017

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Did Taiga ever actually DO anything radiology related?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Kinda hard to do X-rays when you're unlicensed and operating out of a lovely hole in the wall.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Lizard Wizard posted:

I'm happy to try and challenge myself as an editor! My biggest concern is what to title it, since it'll throw off the numbering a bit.

Upload it 5 times, each time with the next number in series

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

TFRazorsaw posted:

Did Taiga ever actually DO anything radiology related?

In the Snipe specials he does.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Waffleman_ posted:

Kinda hard to do X-rays when you're unlicensed and operating out of a lovely hole in the wall.

I love how it's repeatedly mentioned what a dive the place is, and yet it looks cleaner than most American offices. (hey, there's two trash cans!)

Although their hospital looks like a goddamned airport by our standards so yeah.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/MerriamWebster/status/902342861936627712

Holy poo poo

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Waffleman_ I'm so happy you had a good time with Ex-Aid! :kimchi:

I need to buckle in and marathon my rewatch/watch of it, but Ghost keeps pulling me away, haha.

StrixNebulosa fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Aug 29, 2017

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

This is the best thing, oh my god. Bless, Supaidaman.

Also n-thing the enjoyment of the ExAid Play By Play, what a great series.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
That was the best. Almost as enjoyable as the series itself, honestly. :allears:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I'm not usually a guy who binges shows a lot, but yeah, it can be fun. Now I can get catching up on Kyuranger. And actually finishing another toku series has given me the drive to go back to stuff I fell off on.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Waffleman_ posted:

I'm not usually a guy who binges shows a lot, but yeah, it can be fun. Now I can get catching up on Kyuranger. And actually finishing another toku series has given me the drive to go back to stuff I fell off on.

And all you need is Drive.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

And all you need is Drive.

I've got half of Drive and all of OOO on my HD.

Eponymous
Feb 4, 2008

Maybe I just want to be happy, huh?! Maybe I want my life to not be a trainwreck for five GOD DAMN minutes?!
Ex-Aid 38: (me before episode) They're kinda lessening the stakes with how easily death is being undone, I hope they fix that.

(after episode) :qq:

Eponymous fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Aug 29, 2017

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

I loved Masamune Dan because he was an anime Vince McMahon with being a corporate heel and also because of how clever he was with how he went about fighting the heroes.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

https://twitter.com/curly_tsunami/status/902349738111934464

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Nico Nico Nii.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I agree with this post. But where's the hat?

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Hey, is there a way to watch Go-Busters anywhere besides kissasian? The over-time and FJ torrents for it are dead and I'm not desperate enough to turn to TVN in this case.

e: Over-Time's torrent is live and I am very grateful thank you!

StrixNebulosa fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Aug 29, 2017

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHU_HsWq930

I'm gonna miss these Gamer docs.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

we've got like five movies with them left minimum don't get too sad

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

But those aren't gonna come out for moooooonths.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Waffleman_ posted:

But those aren't gonna come out for moooooonths.

Watch Ultraman Nexus, Mebius and Geed

• Locked thread