Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

89 posted:

10 man league. 0.5 PPR. An extra 0.5 for 40 yard rushing/catches. 1 point extra if they are TDs (So a 40 yard TD would count as 7.5 pts as opposed to 6)

QB
RB
RB
WR
WR
WR
TE
K
DL
DB
LB
LB

Pick #5. Who would you rather have?

LeSean McCoy
Julio Jones
Mike Evans
Devonta Freeman
AJ Green
Jordy Nelson?

I'm liking the idea of grabbing Shady and then not worrying about RB for a while (Maybe grab both Ingram/AP & CJ/Jamaal, Doug Martin/Rodgers later on, etc) and then going balls deep on WRs and a top 5 TE. Alternately, I can really make my pass catchers elite with maybe Top 5 WR/Amari or Baldwin/Gronk/Keenan or Fitzgerald. Although, there is a chance Shady gets picked before me, which at that point I probably need to default to WR although I am high on Freeman.

Our bench is 9 spots.

Also, looks like I need to target DB Landon Collins in the 7th round.

Personally i would go Julio.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

how much does the luck situation affect Hilton's ranking? I've got a keeper draft in a little bit and it looks like at my pick my best option will be one of him, hopkins, DMT, or fournette

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

VietCampo posted:

Personally i would go Julio.

Call me crazy, But I might go for trying to hit elite at every position.

Julio > Gronk > Brady > WR > WR > RB > Landon Collins > Khalil Mack > RB city with the CJs/Ingrams/Gores/Blounts of the world.

Of course, strategies are sillly before the draft. But, I think I could pull that off.

Of course, this is an AI mock, but something like that would look like...

QB: Tom Brady
WR: Julio Jones
WR: Alshon Jeffrey
WR: Keenan Allen
RB: Mark Ingram
RB: Frank Gore
TE: Gronk
K: Goskowski
DL: Khalil Mack
DB: Landon Collins
LB: Alec Ogletree
LB: Jordan Hicks

Bench:
Doug Martin
LeGarrrette Blount
Darren Sproles
Jacquizz Rodgers
Chris Hogan
Carson Wentz
Gio Bernard
Robert Woods
Taiwan Taylor

89 fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Aug 29, 2017

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Mikey Purp posted:

Need a head check before I finalize my keeper selections. Which combo would you rather have in a Superflex league with 6 pt passing tds, .5 PPR. I'm drafting 9th.

Matt Ryan and Lesean McCoy, lose an 8th round pick

OR

Matt Ryan and Derek Carr, lose an 8th round pick

Other potential options would be Matt Ryan/Derek Carr and Keenan Allen for an 8th, or Matt Ryan and Julio Jones for a 3rd and an 8th.

I'd love to hear more arguments on both sides , because its a no brainer for me to keep mccoy over carr, even with the superflex. In all four goon fish bowl divisions, mccoy went rounds before carr.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Drunk Nerds posted:

I'd love to hear more arguments on both sides , because its a no brainer for me to keep mccoy over carr, even with the superflex. In all four goon fish bowl divisions, mccoy went rounds before carr.

Yea but it's also a keeper league and can't be compared to the goon fish bowl really, so that plays a huge factor since most other teams in the league will be keeping their QB's. Noted by him saying his likely QB availables at 8th overall are the Andy Dalton and Eli Manning of the worlds.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

VietCampo posted:

Yea but it's also a keeper league and can't be compared to the goon fish bowl really, so that plays a huge factor since most other teams in the league will be keeping their QB's. Noted by him saying his likely QB availables at 8th overall are the Andy Dalton and Eli Manning of the worlds.

Shady/Dalton > No Shady/Carr

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

89 posted:

Shady/Dalton > No Shady/Carr

But it'd theoretically be Shady/Dalton or Carr/Jordy, Dez, Amari, Fournette

Depending on who he would take at 8th overall if he didn't need to grab Dalton since he has Carr.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I have a crap ton of rookies on my dynasty roster. Too many, and most aren't even good. Oh god.

e:
taxi squad is
Mahomes
Henderson
Samaje
Adam Shaheen

active because haha i have no taxi squad room:

Austin Carr
Tarik Cohen
Kareem Hunt
CJ Beathard

2 of these rookies I picked up because Ware and Meredith went down and waiver wire is a wasteland.

MacheteZombie fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Aug 29, 2017

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Is there a scenario where justification can be made at the #5 pick in a 0.5 PPR 10 man (typical lineup) that..... Tom Brady is worth that 2.05 pick? Dude at the last pick isn't gonna let him go past him. But, I'm starting to like the idea of:

Shady or Julio
Brady
Gronk

As my first 3 picks. I've alllllllways waited on QB, but, I mean..

Perhaps It sounds ridiculous. But I totally see Brady easily throwing 50 TDs this year. I mean, I know Edelman is hurt. But Cooks got added, Chris Hogan is already another deep threat. Gronk is Gronk. Dwayne Allen ain't bad either and they plan on using a 4 RBBC...and 3 of them are 3rd down pass catching RBs.

The only knock on that is that the Patriots tend to run in the redzone.

89 fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Aug 29, 2017

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

VietCampo posted:

Yea but it's also a keeper league

Mmmm, I see.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

MacheteZombie posted:

I have a crap ton of rookies on my dynasty roster. Too many, and most aren't even good. Oh god.

e:
taxi squad is
Mahomes
Henderson
Samaje
Adam Shaheen

active because haha i have no taxi squad room:

Austin Carr
Tarik Cohen
Kareem Hunt
CJ Beathard

2 of these rookies I picked up because Ware and Meredith went down and waiver wire is a wasteland.

Is there a reason you don't put the least likely guys to contribute on taxi squad? Mahomes, Perine, and Shaheen all are way better fliers this year than Beathard or Carr.

89 posted:

Is there a scenario where justification can be made at the #5 pick in a 0.5 PPR 10 man (typical lineup) that..... Tom Brady is worth that 2.05 pick? Dude at the last pick isn't gonna let him go past him. But, I'm starting to like the idea of:

Shady or Julio
Brady
Gronk

As my first 3 picks. I've alllllllways waited on QB, but, I mean..

Perhaps It sounds ridiculous. But I totally see Brady easily throwing 50 TDs this year. I mean, I know Edelman is hurt. But Cooks got added, Chris Hogan is already another deep threat. Gronk is Gronk. Dwayne Allen ain't bad either and they plan on using a 4 RBBC...and 3 of them are 3rd down pass catching RBs.

The only knock on that is that the Patriots tend to run in the redzone.

??? No, Tom Brady won't "easily" throw 50 touchdowns, a total he's hit once. The "only knock" is that you're giving up a buttload of value wasting a mid 2nd on any QB in a 10 teamer of all leagues. Everyone waits on QB in 12 team because the value just isn't there, and the value is even more not there in 10.

Game-Blouses
Dec 18, 2008
12 team, 0 PPR, 6 PATD...I had to keep two players and drafted yesterday just before the Meredith injury...ended up with:

QB - Brees
WR - Hopkins
WR - Sanders
RB - Miller
RB - Cook
TE - Graham
Flex - Powell

BN - T. West
BN - K. Britt
BN - J. Matthews
BN - J. Williams (SF)
BN - Wentz
Now I/R - Meredith (RIP)

Stills, Kupp, White, Lockett, Beasley, R. Anderson, Perriman, Woods, and M. Lee are available. I should grab Stills to replace Meredith for now right?

Also, should I drop J. Williams for Sproles, Gio, Richard, or C. Thompson?

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

Ben Nevis posted:

Depends on whether I thought I was more likely to get a better QB or RB at that spot. In a vacuum, I favor 2 QB, but I'd go through and take a look at who everyone else is likely to keep and see who you might get in your spot and use that to inform my decision.

the question no one is asking is what carr+allen+jones (or carr + allen/jones I guess) would cost then drafting best QB available at some point in the first two rounds

e: I'd imagine that'd be the best CONTRARIAN PLAY considering that since it's a keeper, people might be dumb and not think about the fact that it's still a superflex, start drafting whatever top/decent tier talent is left, and allow QBs to fall a bit. lol @ them if you could get ryan in the first and keep the rest of those dudes

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Aug 29, 2017

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Just got offered Gurley + AP for my Demarco and not entirely sure how to think about this.

Help me out here friends

My other RB's are Powell, Ingram, Duke Johnson, Jamaal Williams.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

VietCampo posted:

Just got offered Gurley + AP for my Demarco and not entirely sure how to think about this.

Help me out here friends

Big loving no.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

VietCampo posted:

Help me out here friends

Lmao gently caress no

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

RVProfootballer posted:

Is there a reason you don't put the least likely guys to contribute on taxi squad? Mahomes, Perine, and Shaheen all are way better fliers this year than Beathard or Carr.

I'm going to. The ones on there now I drafted and deactivated to make room for our free agency auction draft and today free agency opened.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
That's what i figured, tbh i haven't followed Gurley or AP at all lately, so i didn't have any opinions on them.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

RVProfootballer posted:

??? No, Tom Brady won't "easily" throw 50 touchdowns, a total he's hit once. The "only knock" is that you're giving up a buttload of value wasting a mid 2nd on any QB in a 10 teamer of all leagues. Everyone waits on QB in 12 team because the value just isn't there, and the value is even more not there in 10.

I'm thinking he DEFINITELY throw 40 TDs.

Maybe I just really want Brady/Gronk combo

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

89 posted:

I'm thinking he DEFINITELY throw 40 TDs.

Maybe I just really want Brady/Gronk combo

He's thrown for 40 twice in 15 real seasons. Rodgers is easily ahead of him, and I'd rather have Brees too fwiw (but I'm probably in the minority there). But more importantly, even if you think Brady is #1, he's definitely not going to return value if you take him at pick 15 in a 10 team 1 QB league!

Swarmin Swedes
Oct 22, 2008
Just finished an auction draft not sure how I feel about my team

.5 PPR
QB/2WR/2RBs/TE/2 Flex/D as starters

200 dollar budget

QBs
Winston (6)
Dalton (1)

WRs
Ty Hill (15)
Fitzgerald (13)
Parker (8)
Maclin (5)
Diggs (12)
Ginn Jr (2)

RBs
DJ (64)
Ty Montgomery (24)
Lamar Miller (34)
Gore (9)
Rawls (3)

TE
Brate (1)
Witten (1)

Def
Panthers (1)

The double Flex always throws off my valuation of players.

Butter Hole
Dec 8, 2011

Well, I got the 10th pick in my .5 PPR 12 man draft, which I was not thrilled about. The draft proved my point as I was not seeing the players I wanted by the time i picked in most rounds. Here's what I wound up with:

I went Rodgers/Kelce at the 3/4 turn which is pretty unconventional for me, but most players I liked in that range were gone. I got plenty of RB fliers but both Mcfadden and Jacquiz went earlier than I thought they would, so I couldn't pair them with Martin. I'm thinking about offering Derrick Henry for Quiz. Bad idea?

I'm curious what you guys think about this draft--in mocks the later picks are where I've struggled to find a team I like the looks of.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
89 do you just like give all your targeted/drafted players insane hype/expectations and then when they don't meet them 3 weeks into the season you trade them off?

heh just joshin

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.

Teemu Pokemon posted:

the question no one is asking is what carr+allen+jones (or carr + allen/jones I guess) would cost then drafting best QB available at some point in the first two rounds

e: I'd imagine that'd be the best CONTRARIAN PLAY considering that since it's a keeper, people might be dumb and not think about the fact that it's still a superflex, start drafting whatever top/decent tier talent is left, and allow QBs to fall a bit. lol @ them if you could get ryan in the first and keep the rest of those dudes

Carr + Allen + Jones would not be possible.
Carr + Allen = 8th rounder
Carr + Jones = 3rd and an 8th

Also possible:
Ryan + McCoy + Allen for a 1st and an 8th.
Ryan + Julio for a 4th and an 8th

Rick Grimes
Oct 12, 2005

We Are The Walking Dead
Just did my first auction draft ever. I feel... meh about it. Had money left over at the end, I wasn't aggressive enough.

QB: Cousins $5, Rivers $5
RB: D. Johnson $68, Hyde $14, Perkins $8, Riddick $5, DMC $4
WR: Landry $19, Keenan Allen $16, Davante Adams $17, Wallace $6, K White $5, Coleman $3
TE: Eifert $8
K: Janikowski $1
D: KC $2

$14 left over which rolls into FA pool, but I hosed up.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Rick Grimes posted:

Just did my first auction draft ever. I feel... meh about it. Had money left over at the end, I wasn't aggressive enough.

QB: Cousins $5, Rivers $5
RB: D. Johnson $68, Hyde $14, Perkins $8, Riddick $5, DMC $4
WR: Landry $19, Keenan Allen $16, Davante Adams $17, Wallace $6, K White $5, Coleman $3
TE: Eifert $8
K: Janikowski $1
D: KC $2

$14 left over which rolls into FA pool, but I hosed up.

The #1 thing that took me some adjustment from snake to auction was "don't go on tilt over arbitrary poo poo."

It's shockingly hard, "I LET someone have a bargain when I could've bid on a guy I didn't need." Tilt, but it happens in literally 100% of drafts. "I ended up with money left over" TILT, but seriously what is more frustrating is ending up with less money than you need to get the guys you want. Yeah, you could've used that $14 for a tier upgrade at key positions, but I guarantee in a month you will have forgotten all about that.

Now I ask myself "did I get 1-3 guys that I'm in love with, and wisely budget those remaining $s for guys I love but only at good value? Did I get good players at every position?"

Well, everyone loves DJ, so you got that. $68 is pretty much market value, which is the best you can hope for in auction for tier 1a RB's.

Did I get value for guys I kinda love? Did I fill out a team with good players?

QBs: Check.
RB's: You got starters. The strength of your bench depends on your settings. PPR + a third rb position (maybe flex)? Then you got enough to last you at least a month. Good enough.

WRs: First of all, you don't need 6 unless you got extreme settings. Also K White for 5 is bizarre, this draft must have been among Chi-town fans. Or did I miss something and Meredith getting injured convince everyone that Kevin White isn't absolute booty? But Allen could easily stay healthy, in which case he'll probably be a WR1. Adams could blossom, if not you've got the steady floor of landry.

TE: Eifert. Gonna get you a great score every-other week until he gets injured. So-so

Overall, I'd give this a 10-team-league B-. 80/100. 12 teams a B, maybe 83 /100. 14 team, B+

Just watch the wire to round out your skill positions, and I wouldn't be surprised if this made the playoffs.

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Aug 29, 2017

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
E: nm

Mikey Purp fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Aug 29, 2017

Rick Grimes
Oct 12, 2005

We Are The Walking Dead

Drunk Nerds posted:

WRs: First of all, you don't need 6 unless you got extreme settings. Also K White for 5 is bizarre, this draft must have been among Chi-town fans. Or did I miss something and Meredith getting injured convince everyone that Kevin White isn't absolute booty? But Allen could easily stay healthy, in which case he'll probably be a WR1. Adams could blossom, if not you've got the steady floor of landry.

Overall, I'd give this a 10-team-league B-. 80/100. 12 teams a B, maybe 83 /100. 14 team, B+

Just watch the wire to round out your skill positions, and I wouldn't be surprised if this made the playoffs.

PPR, 1Q, 2RB, 3 WR, TE, W/R/T Flex, K, D. 10 team, and as far as White, I really don't have an answer other than it was my last pick, and I wanted to go home after someone raised it to $4. :shrug:

Thanks for the breakdown though. I've just done Snake drafting forever, figured I'd give it a shot when I was asked to join.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
Just helped my wife draft for her league with her friends and am wondering how we did. This is Yahoo standard, 10-team non-ppr with 1 flex spot.

Team Name: Kaepture the Flag
QB: Matt Ryan
RB: Devonta Freeman, Jay Ajayi, Carlos Hyde, Ameer Abdullah, Doug Martin
WR: Doug Baldwin, Jamison Crowder, Stefon Diggs, Pierre Garcon, Kenny Britt, Erick Decker
TE: Tyler Eifert
DEF: Baltimore
K: Brian McManus

I think she did pretty well but may have overdone it on the RB's early? We just didn't like the receivers available and some solid RB's were dropping. The receivers she did grab have some really good upside I feel and she doesn't need anything special from them. Would appreciate some thoughts.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

MrSargent posted:

Just helped my wife draft for her league with her friends and am wondering how we did. This is Yahoo standard, 10-team non-ppr with 1 flex spot.

WR: Doug Baldwin, Jamison Crowder, Stefon Diggs, Pierre Garcon, Kenny Britt, Erick Decker

I think she did pretty well but may have overdone it on the RB's early? We just didn't like the receivers available and some solid RB's were dropping. The receivers she did grab have some really good upside I feel and she doesn't need anything special from them. Would appreciate some thoughts.

Pretty good, don't worry about going overboard on RBs, every time I think I have I've actually come up short on them. But your starting three are great, and your bench can potentially be trade bait for upgrades at WR. QB is solid, TE is solid albeit injury prone. WRs, Baldwin's a middle-low WR1, Crowder is a WR2, but I feel like one of your bench is going to blow it up - I like all of them as good gambles. K is eh,, Defense you may want to look into streaming weekly against weak offenses, as Baltimore may be struggling this year, and no matter how good a defense is, if their offense is turning the ball over repeatedly or not scoring, the other team is going to do stuff.

a nigga who smoke
Feb 26, 2007

coughin' and chokin' constantly

MrSargent posted:

Every week is going to be a bullshit crapshoot on your WR2 and your Flex. I suppose that's the hallmark of a good draft though.

a nigga who smoke
Feb 26, 2007

coughin' and chokin' constantly
Can someone explain the negative stigma of rostering two QBs or TEs to me? I get the whole holding an RB lotto ticket, but why not hold QB12 and 13 or TE12 and 13 if you're stacked at another premier position?

axelord
Dec 28, 2012

College Slice

a nigga who smoke posted:

Can someone explain the negative stigma of rostering two QBs or TEs to me? I get the whole holding an RB lotto ticket, but why not hold QB12 and 13 or TE12 and 13 if you're stacked at another premier position?

If you could just pick up the QB14/15/16 off the waiver wire and get pretty much the same points as QB12 or QB13 then why bother locking up a player when similar value is just sitting on the waiver wire.

Especially since you are giving up valuable bench space that could be better served holding guys with higher upside.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

Mikey Purp posted:

Carr + Allen + Jones would not be possible.
Carr + Allen = 8th rounder
Carr + Jones = 3rd and an 8th

Also possible:
Ryan + McCoy + Allen for a 1st and an 8th.
Ryan + Julio for a 4th and an 8th

Ryan+Jones costs less than Carr+Jones? If you think you can get Carr (or another solid QB1) in the first three rounds, I would keep Ryan and Jones for the 4th and 8th and not look back.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Just did my first dynasty startup draft. Which was also my first auction draft. Holy hell. It took over 4 and a half hours.
1ppr, 25 Roster Spots, $200 budget. QB/2RB/2WR/TE/3FLEX(wr/rb/te) - Salaries go up 10% or $1 (whatever is higher) each year. $250 salary cap from here on out.

QB- Luck $12, Rivers $1, Manning $1
WR- Amari Cooper $28, DeAndre Hopkins $24, Demaryius Thomas $19, Alshon Jeffrey $19, Michael Crabtree $15, Kelvin Benjamin $9, Sterling Shepard $3, Robby Anderson $2, Cole Beasley $1
RB- CJ Anderson $10, Mark Ingram $10, Ty Montgomery $9, Jonathan Stewart $2, Duke Johnson $5, Rex Burkhead $3, James Conner $2, Giovani Bernard $1, Dion Lewis $1, Alfred Morris $1, Chris Thompson $1
TE- Travis Kelce $19, Hunter Henry $2

I went all in on WR2's and discount RB's. I regret spending $12 on Luck, but having a star QB for the indefinite future should be nice. (Once he's healthy)

Please tell me how badly I hosed this up! :)

RCarr fucked around with this message at 12:48 on Aug 29, 2017

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

Here's where I landed - 3rd pick snake, 12 team, 0 ppr, standard scoring otherwise

QB: Aaron Rodgers
RB1: LeSean McCoy
RB2: Marshawn Lynch
WR1: Allen Robinson
WR2: Tyreek Hill
Flex: Dalvin Cook
D/ST: Cardinals
K: Will Lutz

BE: Robert Kelley
BE: Tyrell Williams
BE: Eric Ebron
BE: Kevin White
BE: Marvin Jones
BE: Jordan Matthews
BE: Jamaal Charles

I'd say WR is my weakest group again this year, just like my past three seasons. I had the opportunity to set it up nicely late in the second round, but I couldn't pass up the Rodgers pick that late.

My league is mostly hometown friends who aren't too serious into Fantasy, but they've definitely been getting better every year. I had some ridiculously stacked RB groups the last three years cause folks were drafting WRs like we were playing PPR. We'll see if they've wised up enough to end my reign of terror over this league.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
In my 14 team league, .5PPR, QB 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T flex, K, IDP I got an interesting offer. Derrick Henry for DeSean Jackson.

Currently I have:

RB: Freeman, Fat Rob, Henry, Duke Johnson, Rawls, Kamara
WR: Hilton, Tate, Adams, Marvin Jones, Lockett, John Ross

I've been regretting drafting Marvin Jones ever since and I feel like I can kick him to the curb. On the other hand, RBs are not particularly deep.

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006
Question on pick trading in a 12 team standard league no keepers.

I've been offered: the 16th (2nd) and 62nd (6th) picks

for my: 8th pick and 104th (9th).

That's obviously not remotely worth it, but what should I counter offer?

I'd think a first is worth an early second, and he has two. He's obviously trying to low ball. Should I even trade back here to try and add value in the draft?

Would two additional seconds plus a swap of picks late make up for the loss of Melvin Gordon or Mike Evans in the first round?

I doubt he'd go for it, but I'm not sure I should even offer it.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

axelord posted:

If you could just pick up the QB14/15/16 off the waiver wire and get pretty much the same points as QB12 or QB13 then why bother locking up a player when similar value is just sitting on the waiver wire.

Especially since you are giving up valuable bench space that could be better served holding guys with higher upside.

Yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Ayudo posted:

Question on pick trading in a 12 team standard league no keepers.

I've been offered: the 16th (2nd) and 62nd (6th) picks

for my: 8th pick and 104th (9th).

That's obviously not remotely worth it, but what should I counter offer?

I'd think a first is worth an early second, and he has two. He's obviously trying to low ball. Should I even trade back here to try and add value in the draft?

Would two additional seconds plus a swap of picks late make up for the loss of Melvin Gordon or Mike Evans in the first round?

I doubt he'd go for it, but I'm not sure I should even offer it.

I wouldn't do that at all. I would never trade my first unless it's a dynasty draft and I'm getting next year's first back.

RCarr posted:

Just did my first dynasty startup draft. Which was also my first auction draft. Holy hell. It took over 4 and a half hours.
1ppr, 25 Roster Spots, $200 budget. QB/2RB/2WR/TE/3FLEX(wr/rb/te) - Salaries go up 10% or $1 (whatever is higher) each year. $250 salary cap from here on out.

QB- Luck $12, Rivers $1, Manning $1
WR- Amari Cooper $28, DeAndre Hopkins $24, Demaryius Thomas $19, Alshon Jeffrey $19, Michael Crabtree $15, Kelvin Benjamin $9, Sterling Shepard $3, Robby Anderson $2, Cole Beasley $1
RB- CJ Anderson $10, Mark Ingram $10, Ty Montgomery $9, Jonathan Stewart $2, Duke Johnson $5, Rex Burkhead $3, James Conner $2, Giovani Bernard $1, Dion Lewis $1, Alfred Morris $1, Chris Thompson $1
TE- Travis Kelce $19, Hunter Henry $2

I went all in on WR2's and discount RB's. I regret spending $12 on Luck, but having a star QB for the indefinite future should be nice. (Once he's healthy)

Please tell me how badly I hosed this up! :)

I really don't think you hosed up at all. I've not done dynasty until this year (took over a previous team) and I've never done a startup draft so I don't know how that compares. Only thing I would have done is gone a bit younger with some of my picks, especially with RBs. You have some older players there in JStew and Ingram. Your TEs are awesome. Having those WRs is loving fantastic. I think having Luck is great. I don't know if you've overpaid for him, but he'll set you up for a couple of years. Personally, I would have grabbed a rookie QB instead of Manning - like Kizer or Watson. I've got Luck and Dalton in my dynasty league and I grabbed Kizer (I'm also gunning for the worst team this year so I can get the #1 pick again).

• Locked thread