Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

Kale posted:

I mean try explaining this to a country that just had to issue a warning telling citizens to consider seeking shelter. Imagine your in the middle of your breakfast or whatever and suddenly you heat a missile might be touching down in your street in the next 15 minutes or something

North Korea is not going to attack any city/town, and telling citizens to consider seeking shelter is needlessly inciting a panic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

TyrantWD posted:

North Korea is not going to attack any city/town, and telling citizens to consider seeking shelter is needlessly inciting a panic.

So Japan should just.. not warn its citizens about a missile that seems to be barreling towards them?

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

TyrantWD posted:

i think the danger was that their lovely missile might go off target and hit a town more than there was any danger of a deliberate attack

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Kale posted:

Literally all that happened is they backed off on their threats against Guam.

They actually didn't even do this, but the NK situation is complex and it's difficult for the media to get across what's actually happening given how many people will only look at headlines or scan a paragraph or two. Basically, NK never threatened to launch some kind of first strike on Guam. They said "hey, here's what we're going to do if you keep loving with us" and then didn't do anything because they never suggested that it was going to be an unprovoked attack.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Reik posted:

Trump is about to hold a press conference. Any idea on what it's about?

http://go.cnn.com/?stream=cnn%3Fsr

hopefully its that we have nukes in the air

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

TyrantWD posted:

This dude is too cool for alarms

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

I mean if there was a missle flying in the vicinity of where I live I would like to know about it, but that's me

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

TyrantWD posted:

There's a difference between potentially inciting panic when NK fires a missile that lands harmlessly in the ocean for the 40th time and recommending seeking shelter for a missile flying over the country, which has only happened in 98, 09 and now.

But I guess you know more than Japan's government.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Paradoxish posted:

They actually didn't even do this, but the NK situation is complex and it's difficult for the media to get across what's actually happening given how many people will only look at headlines or scan a paragraph or two. Basically, NK never threatened to launch some kind of first strike on Guam. They said "hey, here's what we're going to do if you keep loving with us" and then didn't do anything because they never suggested that it was going to be an unprovoked attack.

From what I've come to understand whenever it looks like NK is doing something to provoke international attention they're really just seeking to maintain their domestic policy of perpetual cold war with the states. I'm willing to entertain the they just over fuelled the thing theory.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

if japanese govt was actually worried they would have deployed some mechs by now, surely

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

TyrantWD posted:

NK's whole trump card is being able to set seoul on fire at a moment's notice

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

boner confessor posted:

i think the danger was that their lovely missile might go off target and hit a town more than there was any danger of a deliberate attack

It'd have to go pretty far off target. Japan is like 80% urban. No NoKo missile is going to 'accidentally' hit a Japanese city. I think both sides know what would happen in that case.

This is more about making GBS threads on Japan's territorial rights.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Bottom line is if a missile, friendly or otherwise, is flying directly over your head, take shelter no matter what someone on a dead website says.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

Calibanibal posted:

if japanese govt was actually worried they would have deployed some mechs by now, surely

Jet Jaguar is on the scene

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Calibanibal posted:

Japan won't reveal their secret Gundam program unless they're the target of an invasion or direct bombing campaign.

Kale
May 14, 2010

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Japan won't reveal their secret Gundam program unless they're the target of an invasion or direct bombing campaign.

They actually do have a tactical outfit called Gundam that looks like some sort of laser tag thing

Bhaal
Jul 13, 2001
I ain't going down alone
Dr. Infant, MD
There's no way a half-competent government is going to allow themselves into a spot where they have to say "well up until the moment that the trajectory changed and the missile splashed down on our soil and our people, it looked like it might just fly overhead. So at the time we didn't issue a warning because we didn't want any of our now dead citizens to panic"

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Trump's reaction to the NK missile test will surely be proportional, mature and helpful.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Sad how this phrase has gone from "holdout win" to "incompetent power play" in my head

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

empty whippet box posted:

Trump's reaction to the NK missile test will surely be proportional, mature and helpful.

He'll wait for the hurricane to hit the East coast for ratings tho

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
What the flying gently caress? First, Harvey. Then, NHK fires a missile at Japan. Tomorrow. Yellowstone erupts?

Just gently caress.

Randbrick
Sep 28, 2002
Arpaio asking that people not call his withered rear end racist goes into the ever increasing implausible gall file these shameless shits are developing, where the standing response is to come over here and make me.

I don't think there is any other response to that level of gall.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Time to look like a bigly tough president man. The biggest fire, the biggest fury. Blow the planet up to show how manly and strong.

Also this sudden don't call me racist poo poo is pretty out there too. Like which is it the alt right fuckers want, the wear my overt racism and bigotry and hatred for everthing or don't call a spade a spade cause they can't keep trying to flip flop and look like a legitimate movement. It's also why I have a hard time taking the internet wing of it seriously at all.

Kale fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Aug 28, 2017

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer

The city block that's vaporized will make a great Trump Tower Tokyo.

moonsour
Feb 13, 2007

Ortowned

Covok posted:

What the flying gently caress? First, Harvey. Then, NHK fires a missile at Japan. Tomorrow. Yellowstone erupts?

Just gently caress.

Yellowstone busting open would be welcome.

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

Kale posted:

Literally all that happened is they backed off on their threats against Guam. Stop paying attention to or considering a group of people not even remotely in touch with reality and just looking for the next meme to be stupid about and span everywhere they can

I think I should have put a /sarcasm indicator in my post.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Finally!

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

https://twitter.com/katyturnbc/status/902302765040492544

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Look at the size of those hands.

Huge hands. Make any dick look small in comparison.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Lol this is the 2nd time in a year I've read about a fake stabbing story.
https://twitter.com/TheRoot/status/902265456546996224

(the other was a UT Austin student who stabbed himself a day or so after a real stabbing occurred at the University and blamed it one someone stabbing people in Greek organizations instead of admitting what actually happened.)

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

quote:

2017You Are Not Forgotten - New Trump Painting By Jon McNaughton When I decided to paint this picture, I wondered if this was taking it too far. But, sometimes you have to speak forcefully, like the brushstrokes of my painting.

Many Americans have felt forgotten by the establishment in Washington. I’m talking about the people who are more interested in themselves, and their political careers. How many veterans have been neglected? How many of our police officers have been marginalized? How many families are suffering because of poor healthcare, limited opportunities, and government intrusion?

Last year we elected President Trump. He expressed by his words and demeanor what Americans wanted - a man who was not going to bow down to Washington or other countries. A man that would not forget the “forgotten men and women” of this country who elected him. I want a president that will crush the enemies of liberty, justice, and American prosperity. They may have the power to bruise his heel, but he will have the power to crush their head!

*** If you are wondering about the meaning behind Trump stepping on the snake - for me it represents that he will crush the enemies of liberty, justice, and American prosperity. It is an allusion to Genesis 3:15, where in my opinion, God tells Adam that him and his posterity will suffer under Satan, but have the ability to triumph through Christ.

https://twitter.com/McNaughtonArt/status/899703475973406721

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Imagine having that guys brain

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

This is the best painting because it looks like Trump is chastising these assholes for showing up in the middle of his patriotic JO session and planting a rose in the middle of the sidewalk in front of his house.

I wish I could find the one of the senator rescuing Jesus Christ

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

The only way to make this better is to have the soldier eating the gay cake make a reprise only with the cake smashed at his feet and he's happy.

This is actually a sentence that makes sense if you know his previous work and not an insane rambling.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Spacebump posted:

Lol this is the 2nd time in a year I've read about a fake stabbing story.
https://twitter.com/TheRoot/status/902265456546996224

(the other was a UT Austin student who stabbed himself a day or so after a real stabbing occurred at the University and blamed it one someone stabbing people in Greek organizations instead of admitting what actually happened.)

Hot take: the right, with their lack of true human empathy, saw the horrid tragedy that cost Heather Heyer her life too soon and is now actively trying to martyr themselves in anyway possible in the hopes it gives them political momentum. ]

This is a good sign of how well its working out for them.

Well this and "MILK! I NEED MILK! MILK!!!"

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
"If you are wondering about the meaning behind Trump stepping on the snake - for me it represents that he will crush the enemies of liberty, justice, and American prosperity."

Considering the jizz rag of the Tea Party is the Gadsden Flag that features a rattlesnake and quite prominently says "DON'T TREAD ON ME," I prefer to look at this as a troll.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Lote posted:

The only way to make this better is to have the soldier eating the gay cake make a reprise only with the cake smashed at his feet and he's happy.

This is actually a sentence that makes sense if you know his previous work and not an insane rambling.

In case no one has seen original

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

Gamerofthegame posted:

NK's whole trump card is being able to set seoul on fire at a moment's notice
When North Korea is ready to commit suicide, the residents of Seoul, the rest of SK, Japan, and everyone in range of the NK missiles will have a reason to panic. Is there any reason for us to believe NK is at the point where they are ready to be obliterated? Absolutely not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Covok posted:

Just gently caress.

The world is ending and Trump is the anti-christ

Or, we have a leadership that the rest of the world thinks they can lead around by the dick and our underfunded infrastructure is getting loving wrecked by natural disasters that are probably becoming more common due to our willful and intentional neglect of the environment, because people have managed to equate not burning our loving planet down with an attack on our personal freedoms

• Locked thread