Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

They should have known right off the bat that it's bullshit. I wouldn't gently caress that with someone else's dick.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Joel Osteen getting torn to shreds on twitter right now because he closed his 16k seat church and won't let any now homeless people in

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Mods please rename me to "Construct of bogus victimhood"

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

AlmightyBob posted:

Joel Osteen getting torn to shreds on twitter right now because he closed his 16k seat church and won't let any now homeless people in

It is what Jesus would have done.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

SpacePig posted:

None of these had any person in particular accused, so I think that's going a bit far. But the article that had the guy burning the church for sure had him tried for arson of a place of worship, even if they dropped any charges of a hate crime.

e: Also, of at least minor significance: all of the ones you posted were planned and forethought things. The one posted earlier was a guy who managed to stab himself by mistake, and then decided he would not only post about it on Facebook in the moment, but also blame somebody else for it.

Why do you think Lapis when I think fun?

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Carjacking attempt fails, carjacker loses pants.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/news/article.cfm?c_id=2&objectid=11913010

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

AlmightyBob posted:

To be fair, the church itself is flooded.

To be even more fair, Osteen and his family got the gently caress out of Dodge last week and are sitting pretty in another home upstate, and he's done gently caress-all but tweet inane "thoughts and prayers/God's got this" platitudes, so gently caress him regardless.

Twistershift
Feb 7, 2007

Skippy McPants posted:

Jesus. Even in Texas, something this has got to be illegal, right?

I'm fairly sure the consensus on the news stories is something like: Yeah you can raise the prices, supply and demand, yada yada, but once you start going above double, you start playing with fire.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
Holy poo poo my heart goes out to everyone in Houston right now....

:(

also this

Zipperelli posted:

Schadenfreude for people in Texas who spent tons of money on hurricane prep: Harvey has been downgraded to Cat 1, and is expected to be downgraded again here soon.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
In today's crossover between bad with money and schadenfreude, It Came From Reddit

quote:

I signed for a car for my cousin and she wrecked it with no insurance. I'm getting sued. What should I do.

I live in Arkansas and my cousin asked me could I co-sign a car for her. Went to the dealership in Louisiana and they convinced me to sign for it because I had good credit and it would lower her payments and she would have Arkansas tags which are cheaper. Well she never payed the notes on time and when I tried to get the car from her she blocked my number and I lost contact with her. She wrecked the car and didn't have any insurance so I'm getting sued by an insurance company and she abandoned the car at a repair shop. What can I do about the insurance company suit and I got in contact with her and she said she will sign anything or do anything to get this off my credit report and put the repoed car in her name. Thank you

Edit: the car is in my name but she was driving it. She had usaa auto insurance on it when it left the lot but she obviously stopped paying on it too.

quote:

OP, I have bad news for you.

From reading your other comments, it sounds like you are the only one on the loan, you are the only one on the title.

The situation is this:
* You legally own the car, by yourself
* You are the one who legally owes the bank the $27,000
* I am not 100% sure what the $5000 is, but I assume it's a liability from the accident, caused by your cousin who was using YOUR car. This may be her bill, but since the car is in your name and there' no insurance, they are coming after you.

Very expensive life lesson: You legally owe $27,000 to the bank, and might owe $5,000 to the insurance company (fighting that means you personally fighting an insurance company).

:rip:

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

They should have known right off the bat that it's bullshit. I wouldn't gently caress that with someone else's dick.
Hey gently caress you

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
Imagine that you’re Ousmane Dembele, an extremely talented young soccer player and possibly one of the best players in the world in a few years.

Barcelona have just signed you for 135.5 million pounds, the second-most expensive player of all time, and you’re replacing the most expensive player of all time.

You’ve passed your medical, signed your contract, and now it’s time to present you to the fans.

Oh dear.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

gently caress off

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

Yeah, she's not even normal fat, she's grossly obese.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Don't make "too ugly to be raped" jokes it's deeply hosed and you're not really mocking the woman anymore just being lovely.

EmmyOk has a new favorite as of 01:20 on Aug 29, 2017

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Video game scahdenfreude, is my favorite schadenfreude

For those not in the know, that means this dude pissed off either 11 people in 200+ games, or 5 people in 400+ games.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Jeff K is so loving good goddamn

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
If you smash-and-grab at a gun store and steal 25 guns, maybe don't post about it afterwards on Facebook:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/08/27/facebook-selfies-with-stolen-guns-lead-to-arrest-teen-in-gun-shop-smash-and-grab.html

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

pik_d posted:

The gas price is the default price after a power reset, notice how everything is the same price. The water prices are high because those bottles were meant for vending machines, not to be sold as packs.
American Gas Stations are weird. We don't go to gas stations when we need to restock vending machines in Aus. :confused:
I'd figure $1.78 a bottle is a pretty poo poo price when stocking a vending machine even for a name brand.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Croccers posted:

American Gas Stations are weird. We don't go to gas stations when we need to restock vending machines in Aus. :confused:
I'd figure $1.78 a bottle is a pretty poo poo price when stocking a vending machine even for a name brand.

I assumed they were for stocking the station’s own vending machines, but then again, since when do gas stations have vending machines? Just pay at the counter.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Croccers posted:

Those bottles are supposed to be stocked in the machine itself, it looks like the gas station owners just decided to skip the middleman and not even bother with that.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Platystemon posted:

I assumed they were for stocking the station’s own vending machines, but then again, since when do gas stations have vending machines? Just pay at the counter.

It's the same thing if you put them individually in a cooler. The point is that they're priced for individual and not bulk-off-brand sale.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
Scottytotty is on anyone who doesn't realise that water comes out of the tap for free* and instead pays for water that came out of a tap in some other country, bottled in plastic, shipped across the globe, trucked into a store, and sold to suckers who pay $$ a bottle instead of drinking out of the tap for free

* effectively free

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Weatherman posted:

Scottytotty is on anyone who doesn't realise that water comes out of the tap for free* and instead pays for water that came out of a tap in some other country, bottled in plastic, shipped across the globe, trucked into a store, and sold to suckers who pay $$ a bottle instead of drinking out of the tap for free

* effectively free

Better check where they are hiking the bottled water prices.

orange sky
May 7, 2007

Weatherman posted:

* effectively free

Unless you live in some parts of the US

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Weatherman posted:

Scottytotty is on anyone who doesn't realise that water comes out of the tap for free*

Unless you've, you know, got enormous floods that have temporarily rendered public water sources unsafe and knocked out well pumps across a huge portion of a state.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Weatherman posted:

* effectively free

If you've ever been anywhere in Australia outside of Melbourne or Tasmania then you will loving relish any kind of drinkable water. I've adapted to Brisbane water but it's still pretty loving nasty if it hasn't been in the fridge.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

When I was a kid my friend's tapwater had rusted flakes in it and tasted of sulfur. They would sometimes come to our house and fill up big jugs to take home.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
Sorry, I wasn't referring specifically to the Texas situation. I mean come on, if I wanted to make a hilarious observation about that I would have said "you don't even have to go outside, just pick up a cup and swing your arm and hey presto, free water" or something extremely witty like that.

Testekill posted:

If you've ever been anywhere in Australia outside of Melbourne or Tasmania then you will loving relish any kind of drinkable water. I've adapted to Brisbane water but it's still pretty loving nasty if it hasn't been in the fridge.

I see your "lived in Brisbane" and raise you "also lived out west where we had artesian bore water in the water taps at school". You get used to it.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Bobby Digital posted:

Barcelona have just signed you for 135.5 million pounds, the second-most expensive player of all time, and you’re replacing the most expensive player of all time.

Oh dear.

i am not a soccer player or whatever but i don't think that bouncing the ball over your back is really a necessary part of the game? i could be wrong

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Sagebrush posted:

i am not a soccer player or whatever but i don't think that bouncing the ball over your back is really a necessary part of the game? i could be wrong

It's a skill test; dude can't juggle the ball & flicking the ball up does actually come up. But he's one of the biggest signings of all time

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/motherboard/status/902278840977850372

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

Testekill posted:

Weird. My Brisbane water taste fine, and I drink it straight from the tap more often than not. Like Weatherman said, go get some bore water if you want to complain about the taste.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Gromit posted:

Weird. My Brisbane water taste fine, and I drink it straight from the tap more often than not. Like Weatherman said, go get some bore water if you want to complain about the taste.

Yeah I lived in Canberra and up on the Central coast and the water was great.

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!

Props to Nina Khalova for making that drawing of Pepe look as sinister as possible.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Is the book available to read?

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Sagebrush posted:

It’s not a huge deal, but juggling is one of those skills you learn as a child to develop ball control, so it’s pretty funny.

Doing it in a game is sometimes seen as showboating, and it might end poorly:

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
"i was aiming for the ball, it's not my fault his face got in the way."

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

The NYPD bought 36,000 Nokia Windows Phones in 2014. What the gently caress? They are replacing them with iPhones this year.

http://nypost.com/2017/08/28/nypd-needs-to-replace-36k-useless-smartphones/

Mu Zeta has a new favorite as of 05:09 on Aug 29, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/city_paper/status/902318034471329792

One of the good people on both sides