Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

monkeu posted:

Just empty quote you pussy

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug

Jonathan Fisk posted:

i just found out brockhampton is kev abstract and it's surreal that after like 10 years he's finally on

he was cold calling soundcloud producers a while back or something and thought I was one because I had a credit on my friend's poo poo,earnest little dude

It's super weird because I remember listening to his solo stuff and the original Brockhampton tape they dropped last year and I wasn't that into it, but I've been loving everything they've done since Saturation. I don't know what happened in the last few months but it's like they're on steroids now

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

virinvictus posted:

I can't stop listening to "follow" - brockhampton and haven't checked out saturation ii. Should I even bother to pull my head up from the sand?

yes it is great

H A T T A M
Apr 21, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGZVg4Xe8ec

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
Seriously though, Saturation II is ridiculously good.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esoWYUZxMls

Owns.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
Missed out on Brockhampton NYC tickets but about to see Kevin Abstract at this music festival so it's all good 🙌

Also after I'm gonna see Dizzee Rascal and Anderson Paak this was a good use of $50

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

lmao it turned into a full Brockhampton show 3 songs in go see this fuckin tour

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

abraham linksys posted:

Missed out on Brockhampton NYC tickets but about to see Kevin Abstract at this music festival so it's all good 🙌

Also after I'm gonna see Dizzee Rascal and Anderson Paak this was a good use of $50

That's insane.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
not going to Philly next weekend for Made In America cause J Cole is headlining. Wack

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

imagine standing in a crowd of wasted 20 year olds listening to a live jcole set lmao

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

the VMAs happened, and lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0r2ovn-PTxo

meanwhile this is loving wild but i miss "droppin random unfinished tracks at awards shows" kendrick

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VDv6h-3StI

oh and update from the festival: Brockhampton are amazing live and I still want to see them on tour, they only got to do like four songs (after three from Kevin). this is obviously not my video but yeah

https://twitter.com/ndrewdonnelly/status/901950815488888833

Dizzee Rascal was pretty lit, he played a lot of his newer stuff which I didn't know but actually sounded kinda great and I might check it out, been a while since I've listened to some grime. And people still lost their goddamn minds for the drop in Bonkers.

Anderson Paak was incredible as ever and he brought out Talib Kweli during The Dreamer and then did Get By which was wild. He also ended with Luh You from Venice, which is a weird choice for a closer but was a loving groove and he'd already played everything else, so it was a nice surprise

abraham linksys fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Aug 28, 2017

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

they must have hid this behind game of thrones

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

40 lbs to freedom posted:

they must have hid this behind game of thrones

Nah, it was second. after Kendrick.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
new Frank https://soundcloud.com/axelzor/frank-ocean-provider

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Cardi b's face when ed Sheeran started to sing says pretty much everything you need to know.

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

40 lbs to freedom posted:

imagine standing in a crowd of wasted 20 year olds listening to a live jcole set lmao

dont doxx my hell thanks

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Who will win the greatest battle of them all?

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Cardi b's face when ed Sheeran started to sing says pretty much everything you need to know.

https://twitter.com/JarettSays/status/901965637005828097

Princeps32
Nov 9, 2012

link broke but listened in Spotify and this is super good

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmYXxJs0uCk

"if hopsin wrote this poo poo, and he would, you guys would be clowning the poo poo out of it"

preach

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VDv6h-3StI

I get to see him in October oh my god :vince: :worship:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
lmao I respect xxxtentacion more than I respect anything about Fantano.

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Dexo posted:

lmao I respect xxxtentacion more than I respect anything about Fantano.
i respect literally any artist that makes music more than youtube egg man

Princeps32
Nov 9, 2012
fantano built a one man music review empire out of pure will and poo poo memes, he might be the most influential solo music reviewer right now, gotta respect that. that said boy he's on my shitlist for constantly underating Vince Staples and he gave drat a really lowball score for how good that album is.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Fantano considers TPAB to be a perfect album and drat to be okay but not great, which makes him a joke. But who the hell am I kidding, I still watch his reviews sometimes because I enjoy hearing other people's opinions on music, even if they're dead wrong some of the time.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

It lives up to the hype, his tour is insane.

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

abraham linksys posted:

Anderson Paak was incredible as ever and he brought out Talib Kweli during The Dreamer and then did Get By which was wild. He also ended with Luh You from Venice, which is a weird choice for a closer but was a loving groove and he'd already played everything else, so it was a nice surprise

Jealous as gently caress of this. Skipping his sets at Bumbershoot & Camp Flog Gnaw last year were gigantic mistakes on my part.

I was thinking I'd hit up the Brockhampton show in Portland but it's been sold out for a while. I was able to grab a ticket to see Yasiin Bey do Black on Both Sides this weekend. I feel like Mr Nigga is gonna be super awkward.

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015
i dont know why anyone over 12 would watch a Youtube music reviewer

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

ol yeller posted:

I watch him because he reviews all kinds of poo poo and I don't have many friends who are into a wide range of genres like that. I have metal friends, punk friends, hip-hop friends, electronic friends, indie rock friends, etc. but there usually isn't a ton of crossover there.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

ol yeller posted:

Yeah I too don't like hearing other people's opinions of my hobbies.

Princeps32
Nov 9, 2012

ol yeller posted:

peoples poo poo opinions on music are interesting and it can be a good way to discover new music. why not on YouTube. it's not much different than watching pitchfork reviewers stretch their vocabulary to laboriously explain the same poo poo opinions as everyone else

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

ol yeller posted:

learn something about an album you didnt think of yourself find new music hear why someone maybe liked an album you didnt hear why someone didnt like an album you do laugh while an album get trashed you think was trash

there are literally no down sides you edgy baby

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

oh I listen to some Music reviewers, Just gently caress Fantano.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Lol you people still watch YOUTUBE 😂😂😂

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
hearing opinions i don't necessarily agree with makes me think more about why i don't agree with it which can lead me to having a better appreciation of something i already liked or discovering that there was some truth to the opinion and even if i don't jump the fence on the issue i could become more moderate.

either way i enjoy the experience.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

for being the most influential music reviewer i've never even heard of him. basically the only dude related to music that isn't an artist i can think of that i watch is nardwuar though and that's a tough act to beat.

Robert Analog
Feb 16, 2008

shyah
Taste is such a subjective thing which is why I never read or listen to reviews, but 17 getting a 2 from AntFan gives me a chuckle.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
Fantano is a good reviewer but he is petty when he doesn't like an artist personally. Most of the music he doesn't like, he doesn't like the person also. He has a fixation on effort too. If he thinks something is lazy, he rips it to shreds.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I watch quint to see a fat man dance and I'm not ashamed of it

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Lol you people still watch YOUTUBE 😂😂😂

post one good youtube video. thats right you cant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H A T T A M
Apr 21, 2016

ol yeller posted:

post one good youtube video. thats right you cant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVpyz5Ic3_s