Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

K Prime posted:

At this point if the AP reported Trump was ordering that the Lincoln Memorial be replaced with the Trump Throne I would shrug and say "must be Tuesday."

Is Dawn in trouble again?

Dog tax:

Beachcomber fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Aug 29, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Mustached Demon posted:

Couple posts up taint. Mandatory evacuation.

Just to be clear for anyone who's not obsessively following this, the evacuation isn't for the dams that everyone is afraid will wash the city into the gulf of mexico. This is a levee that was expected to flood this morning.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Covok posted:

Their plan is to defund it with the budget as well as basically put a noose around what they can and can't investigate.

yeah except if there's one thing democrats would be more willing to filibuster a spending bill over than THE WALL its this

Kale
May 14, 2010

El Pollo Blanco posted:

I'm really entertained that most of this thread though Trump pardoned Arpaio during the start of Harvey because it'd buried by hurricane news, but then he just straight up comes out and tells everyone he did it because it'd get higher ratings during the hurricane.

That's loving insane.

Yeah it turns out people care more about the actual crisis than that even though national attention will come back to that essentially. The only reason he's going to Texas I'm sure is because all of the national attention is focused there and of course he needs to be in the center of it. I bet he was super cheesed that Harvey stole any chance of him being able to dominate the news cycle over the weekend. Like he tried to get it back with the Arpaio pardon but nope. In retrospect it really almost makes you wonder just how much of the outrageous things he does are entirely because he thinks it'll put the spotlight and focus on him. Guy seems to have less prime directives and even more overriding dominant ones running around in his brain than Robocop.

Everything he does and says has also completely devolved to transparently to this base level of "Obama bad, me need attention" or at least that's all I ever seem to hear about in relation to what he's doing lately. I guess when you have virtually no staff (and soon to be less when he fires Tillerson this Friday) and the people that are left barely seem to take you seriously at all so much as a small child that needs to be micromanaged that'll happen. His agenda is totally divorced from the GOP's at this point too it looks like. They're going to be trying to handle budget and tax (break policy for the ultra rich) poo poo next week to keep the U.S from defaulting (and pander to THEIR base which doesn't entirely overlap with Trumps) and he's going to be on about the loving wall, NAFTA, trying to undo Obama policies and probably yell and holler at Mitch McConnell on twitter when they don't immediately go to work debating the health care repeal again.

Kale fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Aug 29, 2017

moostaffa
Apr 2, 2008

People always ask me about Toad, It's fantastic. Let me tell you about Toad. I do very well with Toad. I love Toad. No one loves Toad more than me, BELIEVE ME. Toad loves me. I have the best Toad.
This loving country man...

https://twitter.com/RVAwonk/status/902318035968589826

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Paradoxish posted:

Just to be clear for anyone who's not obsessively following this, the evacuation isn't for the dams that everyone is afraid will wash the city into the gulf of mexico. This is a levee that was expected to flood this morning.

Yeah, those are the ones I was talking about... The ones they let water out of to try to stave off failure.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

That's slightly less horrifying.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

moostaffa posted:

This loving country man...

If you do your mass shooting in a library are you expected to use a silencer?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

A team of rescuers are suspending operations because they were going to save people, who then shot at them and tried to steal the boats. Guessing maybe it was a fake report and that's why it was taken down?

No, I'm sure roving bands of looters are teaming up with the gators and riding fire ant rafts to attack people out to rescue people. Definitely not some racist chicken poo poo who saw a group of black people, turned his boat around and then told his buddies about how he fought off a hoard of looters while saving Miss Houston.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

FizFashizzle posted:

This is actually a big deal because it allows the organs of republicans discourse to claim there's a debate over this, plus it lets them say they're trying to save money.

Yeah, this can really gently caress us over. However,

evilweasel posted:

yeah except if there's one thing democrats would be more willing to filibuster a spending bill over than THE WALL its this

The filibuster protects us.

But, it also makes a real rock-and-a-hard-place situation. If the dems filibuster, does this cause a shutdown? However, Dems also know Repubs shutdown last time for DUMBER reasons and WON electorally for it.

In short, I think and hope and pray this gets killed for being the bullshit that it is and Trump is forced to have to be investigated by Muller entire the day he is finally impeached for being the usurper traitor that he is.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

business hammocks posted:

He's not really going to try to leave nafta is he?

the important factor here is that Trudeau hurt Trump's feeble old man hand with that handshake, so yes.

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Grapplejack posted:

Only the Hollywood ones that go "pfffttt" every time you shoot someone.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Covok posted:

But, it also makes a real rock-and-a-hard-place situation. If the dems filibuster, does this cause a shutdown? However, Dems also know Repubs shutdown last time for DUMBER reasons and WON electorally for it.

In short, I think and hope and pray this gets killed for being the bullshit that it is and Trump is forced to have to be investigated by Muller entire the day he is finally impeached for being the usurper traitor that he is.

it would cause a shutdown but everyone (besides trump, but including congressional republicans) believes republicans would get blamed

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Grapplejack posted:

Nobody is quiet in the library anymore, and they get pissy if you suggest they perhaps keep the noise down.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Grapplejack posted:

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Gyges posted:

Nobody is quiet in the library anymore, and they get pissy if you suggest they perhaps keep the noise down.

potential library shooter detected

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Who the gently caress are the cajun navy, and are they just racist rednecks looking to kill browns during a storm?

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

WeAreTheRomans posted:

the important factor here is that Trudeau hurt Trump's feeble old man hand with that handshake, so yes.
I thought that was Macron?

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.
The Inverness evacuation is for here in northern Houston.

The curved part there at the top is the levee in danger of overtopping along Cypress Creek

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

PhazonLink posted:

Who the gently caress are the cajun navy, and are they just racist rednecks looking to kill browns during a storm?

People with boats forming a rescue flotilla.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

evilweasel posted:

it would cause a shutdown but everyone (besides trump, but including congressional republicans) believes republicans would get blamed

Even if people start thinking about blaming the in control of no branches of the government Democrats, standing up to protect the Special Prosecutor is a winning defense. I doubt Republicans want to tie themselves closer together with Trump in 2018.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

PhazonLink posted:

No , they're just a group of loosely affiliated boat owners that used their boats to rescue people during the Baton Rouge flooding. They're not bad people.

Basically volunteer boat people who go out and rescue people from flooding.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

pumpinglemma posted:

I thought that was Macron?

well, Macron crushed his hand, and Trudeau neutralised him with Handshake Judo. either way, Trump angry

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Hollismason posted:

No , they're just a group of loosely affiliated boat owners that used their boats to rescue people during the Baton Rouge flooding. They're not bad people.

Basically volunteer boat people who go out and rescue people from flooding.

They're mostly in it for the boiled peanuts anyway.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

WeAreTheRomans posted:

well, Macron crushed his hand, and Trudeau neutralised him with Handshake Judo. either way, Trump angry

I kind of feel like Macron came off looking like just as much of a doofus as Trump in basically every handshake or physical contact related interaction. Trudeau definitely showed him up, though.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Paradoxish posted:

I kind of feel like Macron came off looking like just as much of a doofus as Trump in basically every handshake or physical contact related interaction. Trudeau definitely showed him up, though.

Nah, Macron basically just responded the way any young healthy male would if some old gomer tried to intimidate you with an 80s powerplay. Trump later cried about it and literally insinuated that Macron was gay for him, so I don't think they looked equally bad in any way. Trudeau won points by avoiding the insane stupidity almost entirely

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

evilweasel posted:

They should attach the limitations on the investigation to the hurricane relief bill, bam problem solved.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Wow, it's pretty amazing how desensitized we've gotten to shootings.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Basically, after Sandy Hook didn't even remotely change anything it became easier to accept that America - on the whole - does not give two shits about curtailing gun deaths

WorldsStongestNerd
Apr 28, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

PhazonLink posted:

I know this is a left leaning forum and poor white people are bad and evil but goddamn. The government doesn't keep a poo poo ton of boats around for emergencies, and during major flooding events often relies on civilian fishing boats and such to rescue people.

moostaffa
Apr 2, 2008

People always ask me about Toad, It's fantastic. Let me tell you about Toad. I do very well with Toad. I love Toad. No one loves Toad more than me, BELIEVE ME. Toad loves me. I have the best Toad.

Al Borland Corp. posted:

https://twitter.com/RVAwonk/status/902325716422983680

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
This shootting sounds like some sovereign citizen poo poo.

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Trump is still afraid to fire people.

https://twitter.com/JenniferJJacobs/status/902323967784087552

quote:

TV and social media coverage showed that the site of his campaign rally, the Phoenix Convention Center, was less than full. Backstage, waiting in a room with a television monitor, Trump was displeased, one person familiar with the incident said: TV optics and crowd sizes are extremely important to the president.

As his surrogates warmed up the audience, the expanse of shiny concrete eventually filled in with cheering Trump fans. But it was too late for a longtime Trump aide, George Gigicos, the former White House director of advance who had organized the event as a contractor to the Republican National Committee. Trump later had his top security aide, Keith Schiller, inform Gigicos that he’d never manage a Trump rally again, according to three people familiar with the matter.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Hollismason posted:

This shootting sounds like some sovereign citizen poo poo.

I'd love to know what you based this post on.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

https://twitter.com/jdawsey1/status/902325941392859136

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

FBS posted:

I'd love to know what you based this post on.

There's some anti-library / anti government poo poo with the Sov Cits . I remember reading a article where they believe that the library is a front for a mass collection of data and information on citizens. They also hate the Census Bureau and other innocuous government agencies.

It's loving crazy.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

imho, i think it might be a disgruntled employee or ex-employee, or possibly some1 who had beef with an employee

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

quote:

Trump later had his top security aide, Keith Schiller, inform Gigicos that he’d never manage a Trump rally again, according to three people familiar with the matter.

Because of course he did.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Leslie Knope has gone too far this time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Calibanibal posted:

imho, i think it might be a disgruntled employee or ex-employee, or possibly some1 who had beef with an employee

i'd love to know what you based this post on.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

• Locked thread