Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
I really hope Chrom Vs Hector becomes Chrom Vs Ephraim round 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Trihugger posted:

So I have four 4* Fae sitting around taking up space. I already sacrificed 2 to give Lucina and Masked Marth Renewal. Are there any other units that go well with Renewal? I was considering Chrom, but I don't ever use Chrom.

you probably don't have celica but she's the prime recipient to counteract her weapon's fury-at-full-hp effect.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

Clarste posted:

I mean, we've already seen that Lyn won the original vote. I can't imagine it'll be all that different from the CYL results.

It's been over 6 months, people's opinions change

Maybe I'm just biased because vanilla Lyn isn't a very good unit

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Lyn is kinda boring, Camilla is the kind of character who would be alright if she were in a well-written game but she's in fates, Tharja was cool in Awakening but I hate what they've done to her in spinoffs, Chrom is kinda boring, I don't have Ike, Roy is garbage, and I don't have Hector

Therefore I will support Lucina, who is pretty cool and who I have

night slime
May 14, 2014
I got a level 5 Ike and Azura from same pull. Cool

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Lyn is a swordmaster Lord with a katana, this earns her many points.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

cheetah7071 posted:

Tharja was cool in Awakening

really? i always hated her character, it's like why are you even here lady go away we don't want you around us

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

FartingBedpost posted:

I mean, if you want more archers, you should draw from the orb that gets you them. I'm pretty sure the golden rule is "don't roll from orbs you don't want". Colorless just sucks a little more because of the multitude of different classes in it, but I've gotten a looot of Gordins on colorless pulls.

The other colors have plenty of consolation prizes in terms of inheritance fodder. So it doesn't feel bad to look at all the random 3*-4* you summoned. But so many 3-4* colorless heroes are terrible at combat and terrible at being inheritance fodder ~cough~staves~and~daggers~cough~.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Lucina can never match Lyn's anime-ness:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPfNpTeCVt4

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

The White Dragon posted:

really? i always hated her character, it's like why are you even here lady go away we don't want you around us

I mean she was a gimmick character like 90% of awakening but I liked her gimmick

In everything since (starting with the awakening DLC) she's added the gimmick of "I have boobs! Look at my boobs!" which is eh

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Clarste posted:

Lucina can never match Lyn's anime-ness:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPfNpTeCVt4

To be fair, the game Lyn comes from has some of the best Fire Emblem attack animations ever (watch in 720p60fps for the full effect):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WW1r3u1uFnY

If only Lyn's attack animation in FEH were half as amazing.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

The White Dragon posted:

To each their own, I guess? I can't think of an Awakening main character I hated. Felt meh about, yeah.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

ChronoReverse posted:

To be fair, the game Lyn comes from has some of the best Fire Emblem attack animations ever (watch in 720p60fps for the full effect):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WW1r3u1uFnY

If only Lyn's attack animation in FEH were half as amazing.

The ones that stand out in my memory are Sniper crit, Swordmaster crit, Lyn crit, and General axe attack. I feel like I actually need to watch this and see if there was anything else

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

cheetah7071 posted:

I mean she was a gimmick character like 90% of awakening but I liked her gimmick

In everything since (starting with the awakening DLC) she's added the gimmick of "I have boobs! Look at my boobs!" which is eh

bobs are good tho

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

FartingBedpost posted:

I see Chrom winning, but that's a toss up. Ike and Lucina are definitely winning, and I think Camilla is probably winning. Tharja, Camilla, or Lucina probably the champ though.

Not a chance that a male character wins a voting gauntlet ever (unless the last two teams are both male)

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Ike won 1st and 5th place on a popularity poll. He is quite literally the most popular character in Fire Emblem, especially when you factor in the Smash fandom.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

MotU posted:

bobs are good tho

yeah I'm not trying to disparage anime boobs, just saying that boobs in lieu of characterization aren't my cup of tea and that's what Tharja has become

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I didn't even notice that Tharja had boobs on my first playthrough. Her posture and attitude made me think of her as somehow "mousy".

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Clarste posted:

Lyn is a swordmaster Lord with baps, this earns her many points.

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
lyn is cool as hell and is CANONICALLY married to florina, but swordmaster type units were the ones who got the shortest end of the stick in heroes where crit and dodge dont exist

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Clarste posted:

I didn't even notice that Tharja had boobs on my first playthrough. Her posture and attitude made me think of her as somehow "mousy".

mousey is better than bobs

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Clarste posted:

Yeah, Tharja's pose and generally slouching and being unfit reminded me of a socially awkward shut-in and not "slutty mcboob tits".

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
slouching over to hide your boobs is really pretty common

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Elyv posted:

The ones that stand out in my memory are Sniper crit, Swordmaster crit, Lyn crit, and General axe attack. I feel like I actually need to watch this and see if there was anything else

Hector's crits are my favorite.

Lord: just heave his axe onto his shoulder and look smugly at the enemy.

Great Lord: just get a bit of a wind-up.
So understated and smug. I love it.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

AverySpecialfriend posted:

slouching over to hide your boobs is really pretty common

Yeah, but Tharja hiding her boobs in Awakening is vastly different than her Heroes pose.

I think that's the point I was trying to make?

FartingBedpost fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Aug 29, 2017

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

The best attack animation in the GBA games is the fighter attack. Jump into the air, tilt over, bop! on the head

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I don't think anyone mentioned anything about Tharja even being good looking until the 2nd season DLC. And then that conversation was changed in some regions to be about her hair instead.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Tae posted:

I don't think anyone mentioned anything about Tharja even being good looking until the 2nd season DLC. And then that conversation was changed in some regions to be about her hair instead.

The japanese version of the little character blurb (e.g. Stahl is "the biggest glutton in the army") describes her as having the best body in the army. They changed it to something like having the darkest thoughts in the army in the NA release iirc.

e: those blurbs are usually completely disconnected from the character's overall portrayal because they're meant to be interesting little sidenotes rather than major focuses. This is definitely the case for original Tharja.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Tae posted:

Is that the Olivia Tharja conversation? Tharja's indifference to her own looks was rather funny, and Olivia basically loses it when Tharja tells her she does literally nothing to stay super thin.

E- every Awakening character is mostly a gimmick, but the roster isn't bloated like Fates, so most of them are fun and memorable.

By most I mean 60% of the cast.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I was thinking of the Nowi/Tharja special conversation in the Harvest DLC "boingy bits"

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Tae posted:

I was thinking of the Nowi/Tharja special conversation in the Harvest DLC "boingy bits"

Oh yeah. That one. The harvest DLC also has the "Severa and Kjelle sexual tension power hour", right?

E- i guess the Severa Kjelle sexual tension thing is through all their conversations. That makes it much better.

FartingBedpost fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Aug 29, 2017

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
tharja is misanthropic, but cool up until the part where she treats noire like poo poo

future-tharja's abuse of her daughter can't be held against present-tharja because future-avatar, uh, destroys the world, but present-tharja's behaviour towards noire is just...bad

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
My experience with FE:A

ungulateman posted:

tharja is just...bad

I was an angry-bunny guy myself.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

My experience with FE:A

I was an angry-bunny guy myself.

I love Panne, but she ain't winning parent of the year either.

Pretty sure Sumia or Lissa get that distinction in FEA.

Now if Panne becomes unit in FEH, I might change my mind...

FartingBedpost fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Aug 29, 2017

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

I just started playing Fates and why is Xander such a bitchboy?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Fates has very bad writing is the answer to basically any question you might have

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Indeed.

So, pulled my first Klein! :toot:

Who do i give DB3 to? Rein and brave+ freddie already have db2 (no Kleins. Only hawkeyes. Hawkeyes for days...) and while I'm sure they'd benefit from the extra 4 damage, should i wait for someone else it just give it to one of them?

It feels like a waste, mulching an entire klein for one skill.

Dark horse: i have a setsuna too, not sure of IV...

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Ostentatious posted:

I just started playing Fates and why is Xander such a bitchboy?

Gets worse depending what route you're doing.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Best mom in Awakening is probably Lissa. I imagine Cherche was a good mom too if her kid was so attached to his memory of her he refuses to call another timeline's version as mom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
cherche should always, always marry stahl so stahl can get fat