Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Midjack posted:

some whole foods have wine bars, and i know a few people who hit them pretty hard. getting shitfaced at a grocery store is a special kind of broken.

giant eagles have the market district stores that have a bar and some higher quality food stands and beer holders on the carts

not something i would do normally, but its interesting to go shopping slightly buzzed and full of tasty food while nursing a drink

i imagine its what stay at home wasps do but with beer instead of white wine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

Trader Joe's packaged broccoli and cauliflower last a lot longer in the crisper than the name brand stuff from Target

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Munkeymon posted:

Trader Joe's packaged broccoli and cauliflower last a lot longer in the crisper than the name brand stuff from Target

i still can't really get into buying food at target. it's housewares and poo poo, not produce.

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
can grok the concept of buying food at super walmart but not super target eh? :smuggo:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

well i suppose you can go out to dinner at IKEA now so what the gently caress

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

SO DEMANDING posted:

why do people always compare trader joes to supermarkets. any trader joes i've ever seen is comparatively tiny and mostly filled with junk food and frozen meals for yuppies. idgi

trader joes is really good and significantly cheaper than my normal grocery store for a good selection of cheese, milk, eggs, chocolate, english muffins, canned fish, nuts, and certain fresh herbs

but yeah 75% of the store is packaged and premade crap, anyone that does 100% of their grocery shopping there eats terribly

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Agile Vector posted:

giant eagles have the market district stores that have a bar and some higher quality food stands and beer holders on the carts

not something i would do normally, but its interesting to go shopping slightly buzzed and full of tasty food while nursing a drink

i imagine its what stay at home wasps do but with beer instead of white wine

Giant Eagle is incredibly loving bad

like as expensive as Whole Foods and at least 20-30% more expensive than Wegmans

gently caress Giant Eagle

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

https://twitter.com/billwright/status/902272845052600320

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

i once saw a 40 some year old in line at trader Joe's and the entirety of their cart was pre-cut, pre-grilled chicken breast strips, lettuce, some dressing, and other pre cut vegetables for salad toppings

grilling chicken is hard

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Asymmetric POSTer posted:

i once saw a 40 some year old in line at trader Joe's and the entirety of their cart was pre-cut, pre-grilled chicken breast strips, lettuce, some dressing, and other pre cut vegetables for salad toppings

grilling chicken is hard

don't chef-shame people that don't want to risk food poisoning from badly-cooked chicken

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Cocoa Crispies posted:

don't chef-shame people that don't want to risk food poisoning from badly-cooked chicken

if you can't grill a boneless skinless chicken breast you should just go 100% soylent because you're broken beyond repair and don't deserve to eat real food

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

gordon ramsey pops out and yells at me if the chicken is raw, or if the chicken was cooked any longer than it needed to be

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

you're broken beyond repair and don't deserve to eat real food

do you always poo poo on accessibility concerns or just when you can take a dig at packaging or boomers or w/e u've got here

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

akadajet posted:

gordon ramsey pops out and yells at me if the chicken is raw, or if the chicken was cooked any longer than it needed to be

please don't post your sexual fantasies in the forums

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

if this was in san francisco it was probably just bc the person doesn't have a kitchen cause they live in a converted outhouse with three other 35-year-olds

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

JawnV6 posted:

do you always poo poo on accessibility concerns or just when you can take a dig at packaging or boomers or w/e u've got here

food is third to oxygen and water as essential things required to stay alive

lacking basic kitchen skills to the point that you're unable to prepare yourself edible hot meals is a demonstration of being a fundamental failure of a human being

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Sagebrush posted:

well i suppose you can go out to dinner at IKEA now so what the gently caress
ikea has p good food

i dont think id go for dinner not but a bad way to spend a breakfast or lunch with swedish meatballs or something

but yeah target's food selection isn't good, it's mostly name BRAND like campbells soup a little cheaper, and stouffers for slightly cheaper, or hormel brain-juice covered bacon. i don't really get much there besides cases of la croix and some chips sometimes.

Xaris fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Aug 29, 2017

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Xaris posted:

ikea has p good food

:yeah:

ikeas in sweden have a much better cafeteria selection than the us and it's a bit better quality too

they also have beer

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
nice, i like getting the free coffee

i usually go early to beat crowds anyways so i dont think id want to drink beer that early but i could see that being fun

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Sagebrush posted:

no it's actually really stupid because the only two possible effects are (1) terrifies people who don't know about the labels or (2) is ignored by people who do know about them

i for one think making people terrified of consumer goods is worth it or at least very funny

JewKiller 3000
Nov 28, 2006

by Lowtax
whole foods sometimes has better prices on beer than the beer store, and their entire selection is refrigerated

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Xaris posted:

but yeah target's food selection isn't good, it's mostly name BRAND like campbells soup a little cheaper, and stouffers for slightly cheaper, or hormel brain-juice covered bacon. i don't really get much there besides cases of la croix and some chips sometimes.

target's food selection is terrible and is like 95% packaged food instead of Trader Joe's 75%

strangely enough, it's the cheapest place near me to get arborio rice for risotto by a significant margin :shrug:

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Xaris posted:

where did this thing come from where americans have started using the word "case" to mean "a multi-pack of canned drinks but actually not a case worth of them". it's so grating. 8 cans of la croix is not a case. also target is one of the most expensive places to buy that crap

but if you live in minnesota (aka the land of experimental target stores) you can actually find some that have almost a real entire functioning grocery section. it's always "almost" though, there's always some component missing

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

target's food selection is terrible and is like 95% packaged food instead of Trader Joe's 75%

strangely enough, it's the cheapest place near me to get arborio rice for risotto by a significant margin :shrug:

in minnesota targets have fullgrocery stores. they're cheaper than cub foods often times too :wtc:

i mean, theres oddities like some of their meat is crazy expensive (but some if is priced well :shrug:)

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

hobbesmaster posted:

in minnesota targets have fullgrocery stores. they're cheaper than cub foods often times too :wtc:

i mean, theres oddities like some of their meat is crazy expensive (but some if is priced well :shrug:)

that's called a super target and they're everywhere, the closest target to me is one too

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

hobbesmaster posted:

i mean they are a "full grocery store" here too in the sense that they sell meat and milk and some produce

but the selection is incredibly pathetic and poo poo like chicken is 2-3x more expensive than a real grocery store

JewKiller 3000
Nov 28, 2006

by Lowtax
the target near me added a pizza hut to the front right by the doors, and idk what they're doing to that "pizza dough" but the smell is so awful and pervasive that i get pissed off every time i walk into the store. imagine screwing up the enticing smell of pizza that badly, jfc

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
don't shop at target

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8ZSNDsz5vg

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

food is third to oxygen and water as essential things required to stay alive

lacking basic kitchen skills to the point that you're unable to prepare yourself edible hot meals is a demonstration of being a fundamental failure of a human being

you heard it, disabled people are failures of human beings

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

cis autodrag posted:

you heard it, disabled people are failures of human beings

:yeah:

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

i bet the well dressed blind people i see on the train can cook better than buys-precut-pregrilled-chicken-strips woman

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

i bet the well dressed blind people i see on the train can cook better than buys-precut-pregrilled-chicken-strips woman

the techbro is coming from inside the thread

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Lutha Mahtin posted:

where did this thing come from where americans have started using the word "case" to mean "a multi-pack of canned drinks but actually not a case worth of them". it's so grating. 8 cans of la croix is not a case. also target is one of the most expensive places to buy that crap

probably around the same time mass use of a few cans in those plastic rings that kill animals ended i would wager

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

back then "case" always referred to 24 cans. always. the usage of "case" for "oh it's more than 1 thing thus case durr" i've only noticed in the past 3-5 years

there are different case sizes for different products but for 12 or 16 oz cans it's always been 24 for the case size

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

every single store does this bullshit anti-union training though

hell thread favorite mcdonalds has a very similar anti-union video everyone watches that my friend who now manages one told me about. didn't stop him from being a grubby little communist agitator regardless

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Lutha Mahtin posted:

nothing wrong with calling it a case (though i'd call it a box, personally). i think the quantity you're referring to is called a two-four.

also target is the only place that sells apricot la croix, which is the only one worth buying bc all the other popular ones are indistinguishable from lime or grapefruit or lemon $store_brand_carbonated_water that you can get anywhere for cheaper

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

i know an actor who appears in one of target's union-busting videos. he didn't realize that's what he had signed up for, so he donated his check to the IWW

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Lutha Mahtin posted:

i know an actor who appears in one of target's union-busting videos. he didn't realize that's what he had signed up for, so he donated his check to the IWW

lol nice

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Lutha Mahtin posted:

back then "case" always referred to 24 cans. always. the usage of "case" for "oh it's more than 1 thing thus case durr" i've only noticed in the past 3-5 years

there are different case sizes for different products but for 12 or 16 oz cans it's always been 24 for the case size

Who gives a gently caress?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JewKiller 3000
Nov 28, 2006

by Lowtax

Sagebrush posted:

nothing wrong with calling it a case (though i'd call it a box, personally). i think the quantity you're referring to is called a two-four.

yeah you posted that in the booze thread and it's still wrong, that's not what that is called in any civilized part of the world

like if you say two-four i'll assume you're talking about wood and you slurred a bit

• Locked thread