Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

One thing thats bothering me about this ep is when Jamie tells Cersei to give the order and she nods to the Mountain, he half draws his sword and then stops

Maybe Qyburn hardwired him to not hurt any Lannisters

I cant believe that pile of flesh is nuanced enough to understand her bluff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
He has Ned Stark's head and sense of honor

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Groovelord Neato posted:

hahahahah the reveal of jon's parentage might be the worst executed thing in the history of television.

No way, the reveal *to Jon* is going to own.

Bran: *watches Jon gently caress his aunt, says nothing to anyone about it*
Sam: "Jon I have such wonderful news, you're the true heir to the iron throne!"
Jon: WTF what are you talking about.
Sam: You're the legitimate heir of Rhaegar and Lyanna, I transcribed this document that confirms it and Bran saw it through space and time.
Jon: *bursts into tears, vomits*
Dany: Lol you already bent the knee and I'm pregnant
Bran: I could have warned you about this weeks ago, but I was busy watching my sister/your cousin get raped in my mind's eye, lol

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

13Pandora13 posted:

No way, the reveal *to Jon* is going to own.

Bran: *watches Jon gently caress his aunt, says nothing to anyone about it*
Sam: "Jon I have such wonderful news, you're the true heir to the iron throne!"
Jon: WTF what are you talking about.
Sam: You're the legitimate heir of Rhaegar and Lyanna, I transcribed this document that confirms it and Bran saw it through space and time.
Bran: You looked beautiful that night.
Jon: *bursts into tears, vomits*
Dany: Lol you already bent the knee and I'm pregnant
Bran: I could have warned you about this weeks ago, but I was busy watching my sister/your cousin get raped in my mind's eye, lol

My addition.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Groovelord Neato posted:

hahaha why the gently caress did rhaegar look just like viserys. he was supposed to be one of the greatest warriors in westeros. hahahah this loving show.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
Sam took credit for Gilly's discovery.

Lemon
May 22, 2003

Constant posted:

One thing thats bothering me about this ep is when Jamie tells Cersei to give the order and she nods to the Mountain, he half draws his sword and then stops

Maybe Qyburn hardwired him to not hurt any Lannisters

I cant believe that pile of flesh is nuanced enough to understand her bluff

Yeah, I wondered about that as well. She literally gave him the nod, the big boy looked all ready to go and then... Nothing? I guess Qyburn knew how murder-happy Cersei was so he set up 2-step verification on the Mountain or something.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Groovelord Neato posted:

hahaha why the gently caress did rhaegar look just like viserys. he was supposed to be one of the greatest warriors in westeros. hahahah this loving show.

Because anime. Apparently he's lithe in the books.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I care less about his level of undead intuition and more that they did the exact same ~suspense~ thing with Tyrion. And his was way better because you could actually believe she was going to kill him, and it meant something when she didn't.

Drunk in Space
Dec 1, 2009
Speaking of Qyburn, one of the legitimately good parts of this episode was when everyone else looked shocked and repulsed by the wight, whereas Qyburn's eyes lit up like a kid at Christmas time: "Holy poo poo yes, I want one of those!"

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

massive spider posted:

I presume she actually took Littlefingers "assume the worst possible motivation" speech to heart and applied it to him.

that's exactly what happened

goons bad at watching TV, film @ 11

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Drunk in Space posted:

Speaking of Qyburn, one of the legitimately good parts of this episode was when everyone else looked shocked and repulsed by the wight, whereas Qyburn's eyes lit up like a kid at Christmas time: "Holy poo poo yes, I want one of those!"

Someday i wanna meet a girl who looks at me the way Qyburn looks at dead things :swoon:

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

lezard_valeth posted:

I am waiting for poorly edited Blue Eyed Wight Dragon Yu-Gi-Oh cards now that we had a better look at it.

I'm not caught up to the thread yet, so idk if anyone beat me, but have some lovely art I made on my phone:

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

JBP posted:

Because anime. Apparently he's lithe in the books.

I think more "because Tolken" honestly. Targs are obviously pseudo-elves.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

clown shoes posted:

Sam took credit for Gilly's discovery.

To be fair getting any kind of attention when dealing with the succession tends to mean you die horribly.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Was the undead dragon moving way faster than the other ones or was it just that first shot? It seemed like it was moving around like a Final Fantasy summon.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

JBP posted:

Was the undead dragon moving way faster than the other ones or was it just that first shot? It seemed like it was moving around like a Final Fantasy summon.

He definitely seemed faster to me, especially the first strafe it was almost comical

I think just like the blue fire D&D assumes the audience is dumb and needs to clue us in that undead Viserion is now different and stranger

Drunk in Space
Dec 1, 2009
What was the NK even going to do if he didn't bag himself a dragon? Arrive at the Wall with his massive army of the dead, and stare at it all dramatic-like for a moment before going, "Oh yeah, I forgot about this thing"?

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

JBP posted:

Again, his wings have speed holes

Enigma
Jun 10, 2003
Raetus Deus Est.

Drunk in Space posted:

What was the NK even going to do if he didn't bag himself a dragon? Arrive at the Wall with his massive army of the dead, and stare at it all dramatic-like for a moment before going, "Oh yeah, I forgot about this thing"?

I think he can see the future and knew a dragon would be there, hence the chains and lance. It's also why he didn't come south for 8,000 years. He was waiting for someone as once-in-eight-millennia dumbfuck as Jon and Dany to exist.

It's also why the NK is going to win the game of thrones, because with that level of foresight why march south at all if he doesn't already know he will win?

I bet the iron throne is blue when he sits on it.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Drunk in Space posted:

Supposedly Bran's mark would have let him cross the wall with his army. But he would still have to do it the conventional way: climbing the wall and battering down the gates like the wildlings had to. Personally I like the the idea that the NK never had a way to invade until team dumbass decided they needed to capture a zombie for show and tell.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I don't think it would take all that long to have his army of unresting workers dig through it or go over it. That's where the idea of some magic protection stopping him from doing that comes in but they didn't do that.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Enigma posted:

I bet the iron throne is blue when he sits on it

There may not be anyone sitting on it. I watched a video once about the potential endgame of the series based on Daenerys' vision in the House of the Undying.

In that vision the Red Keep was devastated and abandoned, winter had come and the throne was empty and covered in snow. Jon Snow?? She reached for the throne but does not touch it and continues forward. Then her vision has her walking out the gate of CB into the real north.

She went north like she was supposed to, and last she comes to a yurt-style tent where is Drogo and their child. She will have another child but will die and be reunited with her first husbando in death.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Bran had a vision once of a dragons shadow passing over KL- we've never had that scene since and most people assume it would be Daenerys' dragons but maybe its Viserions shadow.

Perhaps KL gets destroyed and when the army of the dead is defeated for good the remaining houses fracture into city-states and there is no more Iron Throne.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Qyburn needs to hit the research centre and build some dragon glass hand grenades for the troops.

Cornflakes
Dec 3, 2006

JBP posted:

Qyburn needs to hit the research centre and build some dragon glass hand grenades for the troops.

If the fight against the dead was being directed by Qyburn and Randyll Tarly, I think Westeros would be just fine

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I don't... like...

Jaime says he talked to cersei after the first pit scene. What could that conversation possibly have looked like? She mocks him for not realizing she was lying, that it was her plan the whole time. But why did she throw a fit? What on earth did she tell Jaime when he was trying to convince her? I love that in his scene with tyrion NCW looks absolutely befuddled what he should be acting like, because loving what?

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

the whole cersei double cross and jamie peacing out was just poorly written

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Cornflakes posted:

If the fight against the dead was being directed by Qyburn and Randyll Tarly, I think Westeros would be just fine

Yeah imagine if someone competent that knew how to manage modern armies was in charge of all the Westerosi assets. Like Jaime/Randyll in command and able to direct the dragons and all the other dudes from abroad. They'd be in it to win it.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Constant posted:

if 20k dudes is all they need to buttfuck team khaleesi then they deserve to win

take out 3 zeros and you have a real army to beat anyone

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Groovelord Neato posted:

No that's just hype I'm pretty sure it's established a bunch of times that he was basically a scholar nerdo who decided later to learn soldiery, he wasn't bad but wasn't great. That's why young Robert loving destroys him in one hit.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I loved Rhaegar looking like Viserys, until I realized they hadn't actually brought Harry Lloyd back.

Cornflakes
Dec 3, 2006

Constant posted:

the whole cersei double cross and jamie peacing out was just poorly written

The dialogue was bad, but I will say that I liked

-Jaime's fear when the Mountain drew his sword
-The King's Landing snow montage/music + Jaime's departure

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Cornflakes posted:

Brieanne is going to go buck loving wild on his dick and smash Jamie into a pulp, then he'll face a freshly cucked Tormund

R-Type fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Aug 29, 2017

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Probably no one played Breath of Fire IV (good game, go play it now), but I definitely want Qyburn to pull a Yuna and the last scene of the series be him revealing he has figured out how to raise the dead fast enough while enhancing them with whatever he did to the Mountain at the same time.

esperterra posted:

I'm not caught up to the thread yet, so idk if anyone beat me, but have some lovely art I made on my phone:

Much obliged :golfclap:

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Cornflakes posted:

yeah the snow falling on KL was dope

i also noticed Jamie shed his Lannister armor and looks like a random Joe now

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Why is everyone wearing black now? it got kinda crazy, I think just about everyone apart from Jaime was wearing black that episode, cersei even got some new black evil guards.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

nopantsjack posted:

Why is everyone wearing black now? it got kinda crazy, I think just about everyone apart from Jaime was wearing black that episode, cersei even got some new black evil guards.

I laughed out loud when I saw her walking up with her loving death guard guys in their dumb storm trooper helmets.

Constant posted:

yeah the snow falling on KL was dope

i also noticed Jamie shed his Lannister armor and looks like a random Joe now

Dressing all casual and covering up the golden hand was a p. cool scene I thought.

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"
He did have some bad experiences while on the road the last time around

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Jaimie is the best character in the books. Now that he's finally bailed on Cersei he's free to become the best character on the show.

• Locked thread