Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I thought the selection of things to do for a beta is pretty good, throwing you into the first story mission and immediately having to wreck a lot of faces right off the bat makes it feel like a sequel so good job Bungie. I really enjoy it so far, the sun warlock is pretty fun I might stick with that in live.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
I actually really liked the story quest, and the new cabal are great. They even managed to make Phalanxes cool now, being able to shoot them dead center of the shield was a great idea. The new boss is fun too, a nice departure from the usual "wait until you can shoot it" style Destiny usually did.

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
As soon as I see that orange/yellow health bar, I was all oh shiiit unload time!

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Game is crispy and beautiful. Seriously, best looking game out there right now. I can't wait to see more environments and how gorgeous they look.

Beautiful graphics. Thick. Solid. Tight. Keep us all posted on your frame rates with any new patrol zone pics or PvP vid clips. Show us what you got man. Wanna see how freakin' beautiful, gorgeous, smooth and crisp you can get. Thanks for the motivation.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

Beautiful graphics. Thick. Solid. Tight. Keep us all posted on your frame rates with any new patrol zone pics or PvP vid clips. Show us what you got man. Wanna see how freakin' beautiful, gorgeous, smooth and crisp you can get. Thanks for the motivation.

I really wish we got at least one patrol zone for the beta, even if there wasn't much to do there. Just to see how it'd perform.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Lol on one of my runs through the intro zavala died and I revived him

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich

you and your clique of faggots need to gently caress off already

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

Mr. Unlucky posted:

:monocle:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Mr. Unlucky posted:

How about you develop a sense of humor instead, maybe retire the homophobia in the process.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Mr. Unlucky posted:

Jealous much?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Mr. Unlucky posted:

Gay jokes are a faux pas, player

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

FAUXTON posted:

Lol on one of my runs through the intro zavala died and I revived him

This has happened twice now and I was starting to think it was something new that they'd added since the console beta.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

DrNutt posted:

This has happened twice now and I was starting to think it was something new that they'd added since the console beta.

Nah it was in our beta.
He periodically gets his poo poo wrecked and will self rez shortly after if you don't do it.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

DrNutt posted:

I don't think I even saw Zevala? What room does he show up in?

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Nuebot posted:

I don't think I even saw Zevala? What room does he show up in?
He's around during the wave defence thing you do against the Cabal drop pods. I didn't see him at first because he was hiding behind a pillar at the back of the area.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

Nah it was in our beta.
He periodically gets his poo poo wrecked and will self rez shortly after if you don't do it.

Oh wow. I played the opening mission six times across PS4 and Xbone and never saw it happen.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

He's in the main Tower area when all the cabal drop pods and aerial bombardment come in.
Tucked behind a small wall up on the steps

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Nuebot posted:

I really wish we got at least one patrol zone for the beta, even if there wasn't much to do there. Just to see how it'd perform.

Play with two friends and wait for the Cabal vs fallen Skirmish just at the start of the strike, before the conflux (the white Vex pillar)

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

DrNutt posted:

Oh wow. I played the opening mission six times across PS4 and Xbone and never saw it happen.

It probably did but with the lack of frames we probably missed it

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

It probably did but with the lack of frames we probably missed it

That's probably it. I was getting like 100 + solid frames on the PC version. 30 fps feels like a flip book in comparison.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Mercurius posted:

He's around during the wave defence thing you do against the Cabal drop pods. I didn't see him at first because he was hiding behind a pillar at the back of the area.

Oh, I was wondering what was going on when he started shouting about getting behind his shield. :shrug: Never even saw him.

limaCAT posted:

Play with two friends and wait for the Cabal vs fallen Skirmish just at the start of the strike, before the conflux (the white Vex pillar)

Yeah I'm going to have to convince my friend to try that later so we can see how that plays out too. Are there any other exotics that drop during the beta or is the only one the gatling gun? I'm really digging that they're trying out more weapon variety.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
each class gets an exotic afaik, Hunter gets a handcannon with rounds that either explode or make enemies explode when they die. Warlock gets some kinda exotic smg I think...? (yeah google says it charges up if you take arc damage and then fires off chain lightning rounds if you take enough damage)

Also managed to find a rocket launcher legendary earlier, which I didn't see any of the starting classes start with.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Minrad posted:

each class gets an exotic afaik, Hunter gets a handcannon with rounds that either explode or make enemies explode when they die. Warlock gets some kinda exotic smg I think...? (yeah google says it charges up if you take arc damage and then fires off chain lightning rounds if you take enough damage)

Also managed to find a rocket launcher legendary earlier, which I didn't see any of the starting classes start with.

That explains why literally every hunter uses a handcannon.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
it is a very pretty, smooth, game I can't imagine playing it anywhere besides PC. Like the difference between 360 gtav and PC gtav.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.
Hell yeah I love gaming on my PC: Pleather Couch

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Do they do anything to balance gear in PvP? I'm going to play this game tomorrow and I only have nintendos besides my PC.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Hi Destiny 2 thread, I've been very curious about this game as my friends have played a lot of Destiny 1 and swear by it. My understanding that this is a loot shooter like Borderlands except less wacky. I loved Borderlands but I never played multiplayer, will D2 have a lot of solo content, or will you have to regularly group up in PvE instances for the proper game experience? Or, will there be lots to do aside from shooting things? (my main game is WoW right now and I never run out of stuff to do)

Is there an equivalent class that specializes in rapid-fire assault rifles? (Kind of like Soldier 76)

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

BastardySkull posted:

The Destiny 1 Beta was one open patrol zone and a ton of missions and stuff. It was like 1/4th of the game. It's much better that they have only teased a mission and a dungeon in this one and let people explore properly in the real game.

Lol. Bungie basically held back beta for exclusive press and streamers access and to avoid tanking the D1 numbers too much. They don't have to convince their already captive market to switch, everyone is just going to transition from D1 to D2 and probably we all did when they showed missiles raining on the tower. If anything they made a disservice to the game but hey, they are still going to weather it.

On the other hand some reddit sperglord could just sit down on their pro gaming chair, stay in front of every single stream about EDZ and say that they have seen a quarter of the complete game. They probably won't be wrong, but they would still nitpick the game for the wrong loving reason.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Schneider Heim posted:

Hi Destiny 2 thread, I've been very curious about this game as my friends have played a lot of Destiny 1 and swear by it. My understanding that this is a loot shooter like Borderlands except less wacky. I loved Borderlands but I never played multiplayer, will D2 have a lot of solo content, or will you have to regularly group up in PvE instances for the proper game experience? Or, will there be lots to do aside from shooting things? (my main game is WoW right now and I never run out of stuff to do)

Is there an equivalent class that specializes in rapid-fire assault rifles? (Kind of like Soldier 76)

This deserves a more in depth answer but I must go right now. However 1) patrols are the solo players best friends and 2) i'd say warlocks with mini guns, but any class can hold any weapon type.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Stan Taylor posted:

Do they do anything to balance gear in PvP? I'm going to play this game tomorrow and I only have nintendos besides my PC.

Yes every two or three months they update the balance, but in D1 all their attempts sucked for one reason or another.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

Stan Taylor posted:

In destiny one they did balance updates every few weeks after major dlc releases and then every few months between, but their balance patches for a while were basically "here's your new meta" updates that made a single loadout head and shoulders more optimal than anything else.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Schneider Heim posted:

You basically only have to group up for raids. The bulk of the game can be done solo, and most of what can't has automatic match-making. Based on Destiny 1 experience the only thing you really need a group to do is raiding and specific PVP modes. Even then, goons are usually more than willing to help out and we almost always have tons of people to group together and do stuff with. We already have a clan apparently.

As for assault rifles; there are a ton of them. Both full-auto and semi-auto. Guns generally come in different archetypes with different shooting styles and within those archetypes are different stats and stuff. You'll inevitably find one you like. Classes themselves are more about what kind of playstyle you want over what kind of weapons you use.

Speaking of clans though; do we allow non-goons into the clan? I have a friend who I'll be playing Destiny 2 with and I'd rather join a clan with them. So if the goon clan is strictly goons only then that's fine, but if not we both could probably join up.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
I heard someone said "click faggots" so I hit the post button

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

I'm pretty sure Bungie/Activision/Blizzard are out for me. I've just played something like 7 or 8 games straight in the Crucible and have lost each and every one. I simply have not won at the Crucible, period. This despite the fact that my stats show me as either #1 or #2 each round and my team has at least one person with almost 0 points. It's been a long time since I've had such a lovely terrible loss streak in a video game and I'm starting to doubt my own worth as a human... eh not really, but it sure feels bad.

Hey so did anyone else notice that at 1080 there's a glitch with the rendering in windowed fullscreen mode?

DaveKap fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Aug 29, 2017

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

I heard someone said "click faggots" so I hit the post button

The correct button is this one

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Did anyone else try recording using OBS while playing? I decided to run through the opening mission again and record it for funsies, and got a huge amount of input lag/delayed input/wonky mouse movement. Didn't seem to be performance related, as my framerate stayed fairly consistent with what I was getting before. Just wondering if anyone else has tried this and run into that issue.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

DrNutt posted:

Did anyone else try recording using OBS while playing? I decided to run through the opening mission again and record it for funsies, and got a huge amount of input lag/delayed input/wonky mouse movement. Didn't seem to be performance related, as my framerate stayed fairly consistent with what I was getting before. Just wondering if anyone else has tried this and run into that issue.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Help/Article/46101

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

:rolleyes:

Jesus Christ. That doesn't make any sense. Why the hell is OBS okay for bordered fullscreen but not fullscreen?

e: Also how the hell are you supposed to use Shadowplay if the overlay isn't supported? Memorize your hotkeys and hope the recording works since you can't get a visual verification of it?

e2: Annnnnd yeah, I just tried OBS in Borderless Windowed and Windowed and it still doesn't work despite Bungie's faq. Somehow you can use it with no problems in PUBG and there's still not widespread massive cheating there, despite it being a janky indie game on a shoestring budget that became more popular than DOTA!

Professor Beetus fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Aug 29, 2017

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
Shadowplay is a trusted program and works with D2 apparently, I don't know much else about it since I don't use it. I avoid nvidia/amd software that aren't their video drivers generally.

Programs that insert third party code into the game is blocked off, it's an anti-cheat measure. If it's the price we have to pay to stop xXxlegolasxXx using cheat engine to wallhack and teleport across the room, so be it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Shadowplay is a trusted program and works with D2 apparently, I don't know much else about it since I don't use it. I avoid nvidia/amd software that aren't their video drivers generally.

Programs that insert third party code into the game is blocked off, it's an anti-cheat measure. If it's the price we have to pay to stop xXxlegolasxXx using cheat engine to wallhack and teleport across the room, so be it.

Right but as I pointed out in my second edit, OBS is supposed to work in borderless windowed mode for some reason. But it doesn't. Oh well, I'm not a big time streamer guy anyway, it's just kind of lovely. I agree that I'd rather not deal with cheaters but OBS is the gold standard for free streaming/recording software and it shouldn't be an issue.

• Locked thread