Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

solar energy panel
Apr 30, 2007

Waltzing Along posted:

This season sucked. This show sucks. Gurm sucks. This thread sucks. I suck. You suck. Suck suck suck. gently caress you.

gently caress yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

solar energy panel
Apr 30, 2007

Supreme Allah posted:

Can some ladygoons and gaygoons help me out, which male characters are considered hot on the show

I was just watching a review and someone mentioned that Petyr Baelish had a female following? which for some reason surprises me.

if I was a girl I'd be into Bronn

(I'm very into Bronn)

Tormund Giantsbane, Jamie Lannister, Bronn, Ned, Tywin Lannister, TORMUND GIANTSBANE

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight
Should've built the wall out of Theon's taint

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

The Dennis System posted:

The cool aesthetic was ruined when they started dressing all the bad guys in cartoonish black clothing.

I know right??

I liked them more as the old weirdo men with no shirts

Now they just look like buttheads

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Anyone have the link to that balkan Game of Thrones intro? It was serbian I think? I'm not sure if it was linked in this thread or in the book barn.

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

Right now undead are at the top of my shit list. Undead are complete fuckers. Those geists are fuckers. Necromancers are fuckers. Necrosavants are big time fuckers. Skeletons aren't too bad except when they bleed everyone in the company. Zombos are at least not too bad.

Blue Raider posted:

the show has a shameful heritage of killing off actual actors, thespians, in favor of the likes of jon snuu and the train enthusiast

It's a good way to save money.

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017

Does this mean incest is okay now

asking for a friend

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Fartbox posted:

Does this mean incest is okay now

asking for a friend

Dany is infertile, they had no connection to each other before they were adults, and are unaware of their blood ties so if you were striving to make the most agreeable aunt/nephew relationship possible this one would probably be it.

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017

so i can gently caress my aunt now

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Fartbox posted:

TOO LATE BITCH

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Fartbox posted:

You could have before.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Also, they really hosed up the wall fall tormund beric scene.

I see where the confusion lies. They broke the 180 rule. They showed T & B watching the wall fall while standing on the left side looking right. Then they jumped over to the other side and the wall fell with them on the right. Also, they never showed B&T again. Should have at least had one reaction shot.

Also, why is the wall different on that end? At the main castle. Castle black, there is an elevator up to the top of the wall and a tunnel at the bottom. But for some reason at the other end it's just scafoolding and tunnels inside the wall, too. It's like they just changed the wall this year because they are dumb.

Mr. Merdle
Oct 17, 2007

THE GREAT MANBABY SUCCESSOR

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
Why?

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Close this lovely thread about a lovely show on a high note

snickothemule
Jul 11, 2016

wretched single ply might as well use my socks
*unzips*

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

was it a blue fire flame or blue ice flame thanks in advance

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Little finger going out like a little bitch was good and cool.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

I think it's the ice version of the Diablo II fire/lightning breath.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

this show's fucken awesome. intensely boatfucking your aunt :discourse:

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!

It was a big blue superpumped laser, massive penetration factor on the tissue paper wall

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

It was a poo dire game of thones episode.

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

Is there any explanation for the whole "Arya intimidating Sansa after she found the faces" scene, bearing in mind the eventual outcome? Is the implication that they thought Baelish was watching them and therefore it was a performance? If not wasn't it purely for the audience's benefit, to (poorly) misdirect people?

Or just bad writing?

Durzel fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Aug 29, 2017

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Durzel posted:

Is there any explanation for the whole "Arya intimidating Sansa after she found the faces" scene, bearing in mind the eventual outcome? Is the implication that they thought Baelish was watching them and therefore it was a performance. If not wasn't it purely for the audience's benefit, to (poorly) misdirect people?

Or just bad writing?

The bad writing was not showing the scene between Sansas meeting w/ LIttledick and his execution. The scene where Sansa goes to Bran and asks his advice and Bran is like, Little is a prick and this is what he has done blah blah blah. It is implied but not shown. It was probably filmed but they felt it was more important wasting 30 minutes at the dragon pit rather than having a sensible narrative.

Oh wait, but then it wouldn't be a surprise when the twist comes and it's not Arya on trial. Fine, don't show the Bran scene, at least mention off hand that they talked or anything really. Most of the people who watch this show are dumb as bricks and probably read the books and unless things are spelled out for them with terrible book writing can't figure things out.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

ArbitraryC posted:

Dany is infertile, they had no connection to each other before they were adults, and are unaware of their blood ties so if you were striving to make the most agreeable aunt/nephew relationship possible this one would probably be it.

she is gonna lay dragon eggs fyi thats the secret of why the targaryens did the incest

also cersei is gonna squirt out a tiny poo poo talking euron

Mr. Merdle
Oct 17, 2007

THE GREAT MANBABY SUCCESSOR

poverty goat posted:

she is gonna lay dragon eggs fyi thats the secret of why the targaryens did the incest

That's not special ffs, I laid a dragon egg. Both in the toilet and with this post

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

poverty goat posted:

It's not squirt, it's pee.

Or so says that other GBS thread.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

this show is so loving bad

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Waltzing Along posted:

Also, why is the wall different on that end? At the main castle. Castle black, there is an elevator up to the top of the wall and a tunnel at the bottom. But for some reason at the other end it's just scafoolding and tunnels inside the wall, too. It's like they just changed the wall this year because they are dumb.

That castle had been unmanned for hundreds of years. Maybe the elevator broke? :shrug:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Durzel posted:

Is there any explanation for the whole "Arya intimidating Sansa after she found the faces" scene, bearing in mind the eventual outcome? Is the implication that they thought Baelish was watching them and therefore it was a performance? If not wasn't it purely for the audience's benefit, to (poorly) misdirect people?

Or just bad writing?

Yea that was bad writing. There was no long con against Littlefinger. Bran just told them what's up then he gets executed lol

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Durzel posted:

Or just bad writing?

I think she was just being a bitchy teenager? Arya had no idea she'd been out-played by Littlefinger, because political maneuvering isn't her area of expertise. She was good at spying, but not good enough to know she was being lead to find certain things.

Sansa was thrown into the deep end of the politics pool, and was mostly useless. Years of being mostly useless. She was a pawn with no control over her life, but this shows that she was paying attention all those years in politics school. She knew Baelish was a snake, and she finally found a way to get rid of him without losing the men of the Vale.

Waltzing Along posted:

The bad writing was not showing the scene between Sansas meeting w/ LIttledick and his execution. The scene where Sansa goes to Bran and asks his advice and Bran is like, Little is a prick and this is what he has done blah blah blah. It is implied but not shown.

Nah. Everything Sansa accused him of was stuff Sansa herself knew about. Her nutso aunt wasn't the most subtle person, and griped all the time so Sansa could easily have learned about the poisoning the husband and lying about it. And she saw Littlefinger throw her aunt through the floor hole, he did it to save Sansa's life. The bits Bran and Arya added at the 'trial' was helpful, but it wasn't necessary.

The situation was all about Sansa recognising her power and choosing to stop being a pawn in other people's games. She didn't need to confer and scheme ahead of time. She's ready to be the Queen in the North.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

Arcsquad12 posted:

Anyone have the link to that balkan Game of Thrones intro? It was serbian I think? I'm not sure if it was linked in this thread or in the book barn.

This one? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPe1z2iAJkQ or this one? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2GDP0tLQsQ

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight
Cersei is not pregnant.

You probably believed her when she said she would march north too, noobs.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

The first one, thanks. The second one is good too.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

oh dope posted:

Cersei is not pregnant.

You probably believed her when she said she would march north too, noobs.

Cersei being pregnant and this show rhyme. Because she is going to have a miscarriage and this show is one.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Facebook Aunt posted:

Nah. Everything Sansa accused him of was stuff Sansa herself knew about. Her nutso aunt wasn't the most subtle person, and griped all the time so Sansa could easily have learned about the poisoning the husband and lying about it. And she saw Littlefinger throw her aunt through the floor hole, he did it to save Sansa's life. The bits Bran and Arya added at the 'trial' was helpful, but it wasn't necessary.

The situation was all about Sansa recognising her power and choosing to stop being a pawn in other people's games. She didn't need to confer and scheme ahead of time. She's ready to be the Queen in the North.

No. Sorry. You are wrong on the internet and must be told.

Arya knew exactly what was going on so she was in on it. Bran knew what was going on. He was in on it. This implies they had spoken before. But who cares. The writing this episode was bad. I already mentioned too much time in KL and not showing a reaction shot of B&T when the wall fell.

Show don't tell. And if you are going to imply things, do it in a way that makes sense. Jumping from Sansa being paranoid about Arya to killing Littlefinger is poor writing. They could have done it really subtly by having a 5 second shot of Sansa walking up to Bran to talk between those scenes.

Remember, Sansa did state that Baelish was complicit in Neds death. She only knew that from talking to Bran. That's the only way she could have known.

Heffer
May 1, 2003

I don't get why little finger hadn't black mailed all the guards by that point. Seems like his style.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I hope a giant steps on some more people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

Facebook Aunt posted:

That castle had been unmanned for hundreds of years. Maybe the elevator broke? :shrug:

eastwatch was manned. some dudes came over from there when they did the night watch election.

:goonsay: