Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

baw posted:

i will punch myself in the taint for the next 3 years to test this theory

Thank you for your service. :patriot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
Can some ladygoons and gaygoons help me out, which male characters are considered hot on the show

I was just watching a review and someone mentioned that Petyr Baelish had a female following? which for some reason surprises me.

if I was a girl I'd be into Bronn

(I'm very into Bronn)

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
I'm into Natalie Dormer, but i need the bad poosee

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Knight posted:

The way the show breaks this up is kinda wonky. When Bran is viewing current events he sees it through animals (ex: birds watching the white walkers), but for viewing events in the past we see him physically standing there (ex: Hodor, Rhaegar & Lyanna's marriage, Ned being given Jon). It's a strange difference because why bother spying through animals at all? How long after something happens does it become "the past"?

Does he have to wait a day to watch Dany & Jon bang on Hulu?

He did spy on the nightking as a human before, which lead to him getting caught and that's how his other self + a bunch of his allies died and how hodor came to be. When he later spied on the army with ravens he also immediately broke the link when the nightking looked at him, probably fearing the same thing.

Scouting with the crows is I guess a safer way to do it or w/e.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
young Ned also felt his presence, maybe he's just bad at it

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
the end of this really summed it up for me

https://imgur.com/a/i5dsO

the only character i still care about

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

big nipples big life posted:

I'm glad littlefinger went out whining like a bitch.

sorta this. i feel like i would have liked it more if littlefinger had still be competent or at least interesting to follow. he hasn't been interesting since season 5. he hands her off to sansa to get raped then bullshit cersie into making him warden if he kills sansa but then he kinda just does jack poo poo after Ramsey gets ripped apart. then he just kinda fucks around until he gets caught then dies like bitch. with ramsays death, it was a nice gently caress you build up. in this it felt rushed.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

the end of this really summed it up for me

https://imgur.com/a/i5dsO

the only character i still care about

hes in the next season for a bit

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Dapper_Swindler posted:

sorta this. i feel like i would have liked it more if littlefinger had still be competent or at least interesting to follow. he hasn't been interesting since season 5. he hands her off to sansa to get raped then bullshit cersie into making him warden if he kills sansa but then he kinda just does jack poo poo after Ramsey gets ripped apart. then he just kinda fucks around until he gets caught then dies like bitch. with ramsays death, it was a nice gently caress you build up. in this it felt rushed.

It felt a bit out of character for him not to realize he was gonna get punked and disappear before the hammer fell but overall I wasn't too upset with the scene.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Supreme Allah posted:

Can some ladygoons and gaygoons help me out, which male characters are considered hot on the show

I was just watching a review and someone mentioned that Petyr Baelish had a female following? which for some reason surprises me.

(I'm very into Bronn)

Would def gay experiment with Theon

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
Jon's butt was probably one of the best asses we've seen in the entire show to be honest.

someone should gif that

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

Facebook Aunt posted:

When your bloodline is literally dragon magic maybe things work differently. The fire burns away the extra chromosomes.

Jon is really lucky he somehow got black hair. If he had Targ hair someone might have guessed. As far as we know he's the only Targ ever born that didn't get the platinum blond hair.

Pretty sure that's due to Targs almost always loving other Targs to keep the line pure. I imagine the platinum hair is pretty recessive and every other hair colour dominant.

Pajser posted:

so cousin loving is cool now?

*Aunty :banjo:

Just Chamber fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Aug 29, 2017

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
every person to ever work on this tv show must walk around drinking straight from the bottle hoping no one asks them questions like 'why did you kill off barristan selmy to give greyworm and a translator more screen time again?'

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Cowslips Warren posted:

Did I maybe miss why Rhaegar null and voided his marriage and two kids, or was he just a shitstain going LOL new teen bride for me!

In the books Elia is described as being super sickly and unable to really do much, which one can imagine is a point of frustration given Rhaegar's personality/hobbies. Not that is justifies anything but there's a little bit more reason to it.

e: One of the major themes in these books is "idiot nobles doing idiot things causing poo poo tons of problems for everyone else."

COMRADES fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Aug 29, 2017

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Cowslips Warren posted:

I never understood why the Kingsguard were just chilling outside the Tower. Like, Rhaegar's dead, shouldn't you be moving his bitch and kid off somewhere safe?

She was in the middle of giving childbirth, what were they supposed to do?

quote:

“I looked for you on the Trident,” Ned said to them.

“We were not there,” Ser Gerold answered. “Woe to the Usurper if we had been,” said Ser Oswell.

“When King's Landing fell, Ser Jaime slew your king with a golden sword, and I wondered where you were.”

“Far away,” Ser Gerold said, “or Aerys would yet sit the Iron Throne, and our false brother would burn in seven hells.”

“I came down on Storm's End to lift the siege,” Ned told them, and the Lords Tyrell and Redwyne dipped their banners, and all their knights bent the knee to pledge us fealty. I was certain you would be among them.”

“Our knees do not bend easily,” said Ser Arthur Dayne.

“Ser Willem Darry is fled to Dragonstone, with your queen and Prince Viserys. I thought you might have sailed with him.”

“Ser Willem is a good man and true,” said Ser Oswell. “But not of the Kingsguard,” Ser Gerold pointed out. “The Kingsguard does not flee.”

“Then or now,” said Ser Arthur. He donned his helm.

“We swore a vow,” explained old Ser Gerold.

Ned’s wraiths moved up beside him, with shadow swords in hand. They were seven against three.

“And now it begins,” said Ser Arthur Dayne, the Sword of the Morning. He unsheathed Dawn and held it with both hands. The blade was pale as milkglass, alive with light.

“No,” Ned said with sadness in his voice. “Now it ends.”

Reading between the lines: Ned is telling them that Rhaegar is dead (they know already), that Aerys is dead (they know already), that the war is over (the other lords bent the knee). He's trying to figure out wtf they are doing there still then and ofc the answer is protecting their king as Ned finds out.

Cowslips Warren posted:

Did Ned kill all those midwives too? I mean, if it was so important no one knew Jon Snow was a prince, shouldn't all those ladies taking care of Lyanna been buried in unmarked graves?

They weren't in the book which makes sense given that Ned and Howland Reed are supposed to be the only ones that know what happened that day and they aren't ones to slaughter a bunch of innocent midwives.

extra stout posted:

every person to ever work on this tv show must walk around drinking straight from the bottle hoping no one asks them questions like 'why did you kill off barristan selmy to give greyworm and a translator more screen time again?'

God and they killed him in the dumbest way too.

COMRADES fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Aug 29, 2017

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
I read they jobbed Barristan because the actor was complaining about stuff

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
probably his white privilege

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem

aphid_licker posted:

Would def gay experiment with Theon

Eeeew Theon is like, the ugliest :( I miss khal drogo.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

ArbitraryC posted:

It felt a bit out of character for him not to realize he was gonna get punked and disappear before the hammer fell but overall I wasn't too upset with the scene.

i didnt think it was bad. just kinda a little eh. it didnt feel as earned as ramsey/trant/slynt/joffery. i guess it was because the show tried to make it look like a surprise and twist but everyone saw it coming. plus personaly, he died to fast.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
I probably won't watch this stupid show anymore if my bro Tormund is dead. :(

Nah, I'll still watch GoT, but I won't be happy about it!

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
Tormund fucks

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

extra stout posted:

the show has a shameful heritage of killing off actual actors, thespians, in favor of the likes of jon snuu and the train enthusiast

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

myDad posted:

Tormund fucks

bears

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy

Blue Raider posted:

the show has a shameful heritage of killing off actual actors, thespians, in favor of the likes of jon snuu and the train enthusiast

Rip tywin

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

myDad posted:

Tormund fucks

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

I probably won't watch this stupid show anymore if my bro Tormund is dead. :(

Nah, I'll still watch GoT, but I won't be happy about it!

Tormund isnt dead, they were on the part of the wall that didnt collapse, he's fine. It'll be him and Eyepatch guy having adventures to get back to Brienne for giant babies.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

extra stout posted:

The dumbest loving death was Mance Rayder (Ciaran loving Hinds!) who died for absolutely no reason whatsoever. It was even worse because Tormund replaced Mance immediately and they made believe like he never existed. Why didn't they do the Rattleshirt fake-out? Basically everything in season 5 was dull Mereen or King's Landing bullshit and inexplicable deaths that came out of nowhere, besides that one cool rear end Hardhome episode.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

COMRADES posted:

She was in the middle of giving childbirth, what were they supposed to do?

Reading between the lines: Ned is telling them that Rhaegar is dead (they know already), that Aerys is dead (they know already), that the war is over (the other lords bent the knee). He's trying to figure out wtf they are doing there still then and ofc the answer is protecting their king as Ned finds out.

They weren't in the book which makes sense given that Ned and Howland Reed are supposed to be the only ones that know what happened that day and they aren't ones to slaughter a bunch of innocent midwives.

God and they killed him in the dumbest way too.

I don't know, take the baby and ride away before someone like Ned shows up? Lyanna ain't doing poo poo.

As for Elia being sickly, yes, in the books. And seriously Rhaegar should have loving smothered her after she had the second baby because no one could have proved it wasn't due to her being weak, and if nothing else, a faster death than the Mountain.

That said, the show will be redeemed if at the end, we see a bunch of loving wights tear into the Reed house and take Meera up North, so she can be the new Night Queen with Bran the Night King.

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

hot incest sex

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

myDad posted:

Tormund fucks

lolling at his bit with Gendry or dreaming about creating super-soldiers with Brienne

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
It's really weird how they completely wrote Meera out of the show ever since her brother randomly died and Bran became Raven Dude, as if the writers never cared about her as a character. Which sucks because she was pretty cool and had good chemistry with the whole crew.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Someone posted something funny about the writers always doing the wrong thing and I agree. Shoulda killed Grorm rather than Selmy.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I hope a giant steps on some more people.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
"Which queen, the one who fucks her brother, or the one who fucks her nephew?"

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

GORDON posted:

"Which queen, the one who fucks her brother, or the one who fucks her nephew?"

:wiggle:

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

A song of incest and cum

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

sugar free jazz posted:

A song of incest and cum

Sounds like a country song.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Supreme Allah posted:

(I'm very into Bronn)

Consensus seems to be bronn/jorah/and for some reason sam

Bobcats
Aug 5, 2004
Oh

Waltzing Along posted:

I liked how Tyrion stood in the hallway and listened.

Tyrion goon confirmed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

It's really weird how they completely wrote Meera out of the show ever since her brother randomly died and Bran became Raven Dude, as if the writers never cared about her as a character. Which sucks because she was pretty cool and had good chemistry with the whole crew.

Meera was very important. Who else would have pulled Bran on his sled after Hodor died???