Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Randaconda posted:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/5932/

If you don't use this mod, are you really even playing Skyrim?

Use the zoidberg one dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Use the zoidberg one dude

This one is funnier. :colbert:

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

Burns posted:

Its been months since I've played. Anything new or interesting to install? Bruma looks interesting.

Bruma owns. The overworld is a bit awkward to navigate, but the team did a good job re-imagining all of the samey dungeons of Oblivion into locations with a bit more personality. Voice acting is on par with Enderal's, and even uses a lot of the same voice actors. Overall it feels like a pretty natural addition to main Skyrim.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

FutonForensic posted:

Bruma owns. The overworld is a bit awkward to navigate, but the team did a good job re-imagining all of the samey dungeons of Oblivion into locations with a bit more personality. Voice acting is on par with Enderal's, and even uses a lot of the same voice actors. Overall it feels like a pretty natural addition to main Skyrim.

Yeah, I've only scratched the surface of Bruma, but what I've seen is great.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Randaconda posted:

Frostfall was like... install it for a couple hours, then uninstall. Tedious and didn't add much.

Your posting is tedious and doesn't add much.

Frostfall owns. More immersion mods please modmakers.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Siets posted:

stop being mean, Siets. :smith:

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Randaconda posted:

stop being mean, Siets. :smith:

:glomp:

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Siets posted:

Get bent, Randaconda has the funniest avatar in this joint. I smile every time I see it.

Edit: Pouty lil jaguar!

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

hi im new to skyrim modding. i had a question about the crafting overhaul thing in the op, CCO. if i download the other mods mentioned (jaysus swords cloaks ect) and i enable them in the mod config menu will they equip NPC and junk with the items?

oh also the cco page says something about a bashed patch. how important is that?

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Agents are GO! posted:

Get bent, Randaconda has the funniest avatar in this joint. I smile every time I see it.

Edit: Pouty lil jaguar!

He's not pouty, goon Febreeze drew all 32 NFL mascots if they were fat.

http://uproxx.com/webculture/32-team-logos-fat/

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kly posted:

hi im new to skyrim modding. i had a question about the crafting overhaul thing in the op, CCO. if i download the other mods mentioned (jaysus swords cloaks ect) and i enable them in the mod config menu will they equip NPC and junk with the items?

oh also the cco page says something about a bashed patch. how important is that?

A bashed patch is important if more than one thing messes with the level lists, or if more than one mod messes with the same thing. It also improves stability.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Kly posted:

When/if you enable them, yes has the option to put them on NPCs. Second, when you get those mods, you want the resource files, but not the .esp files that come with them. CCO replaces the ESPs.

Randaconda posted:

Bullshit, that's the exact look my (fat) cat gives me when I wont give him part of my food, like all the injustice of the world is contained therein.

My fat cat.

Agents are GO! fucked around with this message at 13:13 on Aug 27, 2017

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
catte :3:

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Raygereio posted:

Set to Stan Bush' The Touch?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYf3nqYQXDI&t=43s

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Fat, recently shaved catte. :3:

(He's a longhair and discourages grooming with generous amounts of biting, so he's gotta get shaved every six months or so.)

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

I just like that you kept your Khajiit, even though he happened to be an Alfiq.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

Randaconda posted:

A bashed patch is important if more than one thing messes with the level lists, or if more than one mod messes with the same thing. It also improves stability.

Agents are GO! posted:

When/if you enable them, yes has the option to put them on NPCs. Second, when you get those mods, you want the resource files, but not the .esp files that come with them. CCO replaces the ESPs.

ok cool, thanks. I definitely need a bashed path if im using CCO and wic cloaks ect. i looked at the instructions to make a bashed patch from the CCO nexus page and its a little overwhelming. I need to run some LOOT program first and it has to follow meta rules or something?

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kly posted:

ok cool, thanks. I definitely need a bashed path if im using CCO and wic cloaks ect. i looked at the instructions to make a bashed patch from the CCO nexus page and its a little overwhelming. I need to run some LOOT program first and it has to follow meta rules or something?
I don't really mess with that part much, I just run Loot and let it reorder the stuff, then run Wyre Bash

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

when you say "let it reorder stuff" is that the "sort plugins" button? where it brings up a bunch of things about TES5Edit finding ITM records and deleting references? then you "apply" it?

edit; oh jeez it says on the mod page not to clean with tes5edit. i never hit the apply button but theres still messages in LOOT about tes5edit doing stuff...

Kly fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Aug 27, 2017

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah, press the sort plugins button, then apply it.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Kly posted:

edit; oh jeez it says on the mod page not to clean with tes5edit. i never hit the apply button but theres still messages in LOOT about tes5edit doing stuff...

This isn't something you need to worry about at this stage. LOOT won't affect your mods directly in any way, it will just change the order your plugins are loading.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

thanks for the help! everything seems to have worked. i havent seen any NPCs wearing cloaks yet but i only wandered around in riften and that bee farm beside it. saw some bandits using the corsair sword though which im pretty sure is a jaysus sword

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

Do i need to redo the bash patch thing every time i add a mod now or just when it affects loot tables? If add the quiver auto unequiper mod can i skip bash but if i add immersive armors i need to re bash? Also does immersive armors work with cco?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Question: I haven't touched skyrim in a billion years, I was about to install the Skyrim SE, how compatible is it with old mods? Has anyone run into issues? I was mostly going to install Game of THrones mods

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
I don't know what the progress on mod conversion is, but my broad understanding is that everything has to be converted, but this is an easy process and near anything can be converted unless it relies on SKSE.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Kly posted:

Do i need to redo the bash patch thing every time i add a mod now or just when it affects loot tables? If add the quiver auto unequiper mod can i skip bash but if i add immersive armors i need to re bash? Also does immersive armors work with cco?

Only when it messes with loot tables. IA works perfectly with CCO.

Alan Smithee posted:

Question: I haven't touched skyrim in a billion years, I was about to install the Skyrim SE, how compatible is it with old mods? Has anyone run into issues? I was mostly going to install Game of THrones mods

Most of the good mods have been converted. Mods without ESPs mostly work fine: Most texture mods work fine - Landscape textures will need tweaking. Sound mods should be fine. Mods with .nif files will need to be run through the SSE NIF converter.

Agents are GO! fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Aug 28, 2017

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

Agents are GO! posted:

IA works perfectly with CCO.

is it like jaysus and cloaks where i just download, uncheck the .esp and enable it in CCO?

its weird that adding mods to this game is somehow addictive...

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kly posted:

is it like jaysus and cloaks where i just download, uncheck the .esp and enable it in CCO?

I mean, are you really even playing Skyrim with less than a hundred mods?

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost

Randaconda posted:

I'm loving disappointed that the Tampa Bay Bucs logo wasn't just the flag with sans photoshopped onto it.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Varance posted:

I'm loving disappointed that the Tampa Bay Bucs logo wasn't just the flag with sans photoshopped onto it.

with what 'shopped onto it?

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost

Randaconda posted:

with what 'shopped onto it?

The head of this guy from Undertale:

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Varance posted:

The head of this guy from Undertale:

Oh, I haven't played Undertale.

:negative:

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Kly posted:

No, but it'll either be compatible out of the box or there'll be a patch available. (I can't recall which offhand but I think it works as-is).

The author of CCO did a ton to make sure it was compatible with drat near everything. There's pretty detailed instructions in the mod description too.

Barn Owl
Oct 29, 2005
"text"

Randaconda posted:

Oh, I haven't played Undertale.

:negative:

I assume it's a spinoff of "The Lusty Argonian Maid" oops that's Undertail.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Speaking of The Lusty Argonian Maid...

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

docbeard posted:

No, but it'll either be compatible out of the box or there'll be a patch available. (I can't recall which offhand but I think it works as-is).

The author of CCO did a ton to make sure it was compatible with drat near everything. There's pretty detailed instructions in the mod description too.

Yeah, it's compatible out of the box.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

So do i not even need to bash patch if i add immersive armors? Just enable it in cco?

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

No, youll need to keep both of IA's esps, probably make bash patch.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
Currently have an i5-2400 and 1050 ti, will I see much improvement in Skyrim if I up to a gtx 1060? The 1050 ti is running about 99% a lot of the time and I've had to uninstall a couple mods to keep the framerate up. The i5-2400 might also be limiting me a bit, I'm seeing only 70-80% utilization on the cpu but it's getting hot. Eventually I will upgrade the whole system, just waiting for hardware prices and options to settle a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

wormil posted:

Currently have an i5-2400 and 1050 ti, will I see much improvement in Skyrim if I up to a gtx 1060? The 1050 ti is running about 99% a lot of the time and I've had to uninstall a couple mods to keep the framerate up. The i5-2400 might also be limiting me a bit, I'm seeing only 70-80% utilization on the cpu but it's getting hot. Eventually I will upgrade the whole system, just waiting for hardware prices and options to settle a bit.

Maybe I'm way off here but that seems rather strange considering Skyrim came out in 2011. No even reasonably modern computer should be struggling with it.