Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot

rkajdi posted:

I had to look her name up off of Descent of Man-O-Sphere, but the haircut + her nose are a dead give away. Not calling her ugly or the like, just it's very distinctive. Don't worry though, she's as ugly on the inside as you'd expect from an MRA.

I expect you are a supermodel and paragon of beauty!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Kjoery posted:

a new skeptic appeared on my tainted feed today; i think this speaks for itself

That is a face that says "I've given up on life" if I've ever seen one.

Also yes please tell me how my relatively economically stable country with its popular Prime Minister and new-found status as a de facto world leader in light of the US electing an angry clown with brain problems its leader is turbofucked because we're taking in a relatively small number of refugees the US doesn't want anyway, weird internet cartoon person.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The worst submarine posted:

How to get alt right nazi subscribers [wikihow.com]

Hahahahahaahaha

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Intrinsic Field Marshal posted:

I expect you are a supermodel and paragon of beauty!

I specifically didn't call her ugly, unless you are dumb enough to think ugly on the inside has anything to do with good looks.

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

nine-gear crow posted:

That is a face that says "I've given up on life" if I've ever seen one.

Also yes please tell me how my relatively economically stable country with its popular Prime Minister and new-found status as a de facto world leader in light of the US electing an angry clown with brain problems its leader is turbofucked because we're taking in a relatively small number of refugees the US doesn't want anyway, weird internet cartoon person.
i think it was over Bill C16, but the nazis do have a weird hatred of Canada in general

quote:

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
because nazis are cowards and they know canada is too polite to fight back

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

boner confessor posted:

because nazis are cowards and they know canada is too polite to fight back

Actually we have on the books laws about being a Nazi or saying the kinds of horrible poo poo these people do in public. That's why all these cesspool losers like Laura Southern flee to the US to start their bigot careers. CBP stops them from entering the country in the first place, and if they do slip past and start poo poo here, the RCMP throws their asses out of the country.

Canada actually doesn't gently caress around with Nazis :canada:

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Kjoery posted:

i think it was over Bill C16, but the nazis do have a weird hatred of Canada in general

I'm at the point where I just want to crack these kinds of people over the head with their keyboard until they unlearn that word.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

PiCroft posted:

Money may not buy happiness, but it buys stuff that makes it easier to become happy a lot of the time.

Id buy myself a decent house, make sure my family is cared for and keep a chunk of change in savings/invest it to keep myself comfortable and I'd probably just donate most of the rest. I'm struggling to think of how I would piss away 5 million, 1.4 billion is like asking me what I'd do if I could control the universe - that sum of money is just so abstract to me.

same. id probably just buy a nice house with tons of room for games/books/herps and marry my gf maybe. then try to invest in stuff and do philanthropy. maybe become a political donor so the dnc can move leftward. the problem with notch is he was always a weird on the spectrum lonly rear end in a top hat who got lucky because his project took off and had enough talent(or people around him with talent) to keep it afloat. the flip side of the coin is Scott Cawthon. he starts out as small little christian oriented developer who took criticism of his work and made Five nights at freddies franchise out of it. and he is apperently a really nice and cool dude. unlike notch.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Aug 28, 2017

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Midig posted:

Also, anyone here who says they would willingly give up their wealth to charity is lying through their teeth or highly delusional. Just like 99 percent of people you will find any excuse to keep most of the wealth and feel cozy about throwing a few coppers away. People don't need 3 villas, a Yatch, personal airplane etc. They just have all those things because they can't bear to part with wealth that came into their possession. This will never change, we should definitely tax the super rich.

It depends how much wealth we're talking about giving away, I think; if I suddenly came into 100 million dollars, I have no doubt I'd give away all but 5-10 million. It wouldn't even be a selfless thing; I'd still be rich as gently caress, but now I'd have also purchased the misguided admiration of countless other people. But I would agree that virtually no one would be willing to give away all of their wealth (or enough to render them working class again, at least). Also, lovely people are more likely to become wealthy in the first place, which distorts things (and anyone who did give away most of their wealth is self-selecting themselves out of the "wealthy" class to begin with).

Regardless, the idea that you can't count on rich people to not be evil is still accurate. Wealth fundamentally corrupts people, and there isn't a single super-wealthy (as in tens or hundreds of millions) person alive who isn't evil (not because they were evil to begin with, but because simply being wealthy makes a person evil). Our government and economic system should be designed from the ground up to prevent people from becoming that rich in the first place, ideally with some sort of wealth tax instead of just income/capital gains taxes (which just slow the rate at which wealth is gained, rather than directlyredistributing it).

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Aug 28, 2017

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I could use maybe a million pounds for the rest of my life, but gently caress yes I'd give the rest away what the hell am I going to use it for?

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost
Give it away is the wrong phrasing, but I'd definitely get rid of most of it one way or another.

Midig
Apr 6, 2016

OwlFancier posted:

I could use maybe a million pounds for the rest of my life, but gently caress yes I'd give the rest away what the hell am I going to use it for?

Maintain the ridiculous lifestyle you created for yourself that few can resist if they ever get a chance to live it. Even if you don't need it, would you not get a nice apartment, a hut, a boat, a nice car etc?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Midig posted:

Maintain the ridiculous lifestyle you created for yourself that few can resist if they ever get a chance to live it. Even if you don't need it, would you not get a nice apartment, a hut, a boat, a nice car etc?

A million quid would get me everything I've ever wanted except for planetwide communism. The rest I could give to people so that they could have stuff they want too? I have a very finite capacity for want so the only rational thing to do with money afterwards is to distribute it so that other people can also fulfil their capacity for want. It's already what I do with a fair bit of it so why would I get more tightfisted because had less need to be?

E: actually given current UK house prices maybe a million and a half quid.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Aug 29, 2017

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Terrible Opinions posted:

Personally I'd prefer to build a big sex mansion on cheaper land near where my friends live. Just you know cause friends are kinda a big part of the reason to have money, so you have people to do wacky poo poo with when money is no object.

I would get a job just so I could be a wild rear end in a top hat and get fired

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
Sleep naked on a big pile of gold.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Sleep naked on a big pile of pillows.

Replace my bed with a big heap of pillows, best sleep ever.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

OwlFancier posted:

Cocaine

Midig
Apr 6, 2016

OwlFancier posted:

A million quid would get me everything I've ever wanted except for planetwide communism. The rest I could give to people so that they could have stuff they want too? I have a very finite capacity for want so the only rational thing to do with money afterwards is to distribute it so that other people can also fulfil their capacity for want. It's already what I do with a fair bit of it so why would I get more tightfisted because had less need to be?

E: actually given current UK house prices maybe a million and a half quid.

You also forget that when you have more you want more. Now you want a car, a boat, a hut etc.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Sleep naked on a big pile of cocaine, wake up and snort some, go to my job where I do more cocaine and try my hardest to get fired, go home and eat money, do more cocaine

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009
if i had a bunch of cash, i'd just probably spend my time proliferating freegan bike communes & makespaces in the city i live

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Midig posted:

You also forget that when you have more you want more. Now you want a car, a boat, a hut etc.

I'm really not sure that's true. Unless by boat you mean an inflatable dinghy for when it's sunny down the beach and by car you mean a five year old vauxhall corsa with not too many miles on the clock.

I've literally lived the last ten years of my life without wanting more than to be able to stop going to work and own my own house.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Midig posted:

And in the end, unburdened by Will, what you truly want is death.

Also big piles of cocaine, but I think it would be better to spend the money to genetically modify an algae that produces cocaine and can be grown in a tank. It's fairer that way.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Midig posted:

I don't want those things now, and I don't aspire to wanting them.

Midig
Apr 6, 2016

Somfin posted:

I don't want those things now, and I don't aspire to wanting them.

I never said this was a good thing.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I'm pretty sure it's not even 'a thing' at least not as some magical quality of ownership like it's one of the loving chaos gods.

I think rich people just aren't brought up right.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I want all the things, but mostly cocaine

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

nine-gear crow posted:

Actually we have on the books laws about being a Nazi or saying the kinds of horrible poo poo these people do in public. That's why all these cesspool losers like Laura Southern flee to the US to start their bigot careers. CBP stops them from entering the country in the first place, and if they do slip past and start poo poo here, the RCMP throws their asses out of the country.

Canada actually doesn't gently caress around with Nazis :canada:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUvcDtaSzgg

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Midig posted:

I never said this was a good thing.

So does money just create want? What process do you think causes rich people to want stuff?

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
every single something awful thread eventually turns into poor people debating how the rich think and operate

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I posit that killing and eating the rich would prevent that, or at least relegate it to a/t history threads.

inkblot
Feb 22, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo

Low Desert Punk posted:

every single something awful thread eventually turns into poor people debating how the rich think and operate

Hey now, sometimes rich people show up to laugh at us.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

Low Desert Punk posted:

Luckily there's scientific research and historical evidence to back up alot of it.

Rugoberta Munchu
Jun 5, 2003

Do you want a hupyrolysege slcorpselong?
I know a guy who loves Diana Davison and talks about how women falsely accuse men of rape all the time to ruin their lives but then he also is convinced Pizzagate is a thing so I'm not sure if he just loves irony.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Low Desert Punk posted:

And then three olives shows up and we all remember what a massive fuckin poo poo he is

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

rkajdi posted:

I specifically didn't call her ugly, unless you are dumb enough to think ugly on the inside has anything to do with good looks.

I'd try to find that quote on ugliness and beauty by Roald Dahl, but then again, him being a raging anti-Semite kinda defeats the point.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
If I had money, I'd be happy that it means that some people will have less money.

Midig
Apr 6, 2016

BTW bold guy deserves to be in this thread too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXLic4-JH4Q

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Midig posted:

BTW bold guy deserves to be in this thread too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXLic4-JH4Q

Okay. Got through to the part where he starts actually talking about the "test" and it's just... wow. Valueless, explicitly viewpointed questions designed to make people feel bad for being normal, functional humans and inspire baseless paranoia. Like, "discuss it with a friend you don't trust" is the stupidest advice I've ever heard for how to appreciate art. I felt like he was gonna drop some sovereign citizen bombs or sign me up to scientology by the end.

At least it's short.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Midig posted:

not really. pay off my condo and car and i'm happy as a clam.

• Locked thread