Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
who is the biggest fail club
This poll is closed.
arsenal 9223372036854775807 100.00%
not arsenal 1 0.00%
Total: 23 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

greazeball posted:

let it go, Jen

I don't threaten to send people poop in the mail. I just send poop in the mail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

i'm worried that this flurry of transfer activity from pool is because we've sold coutinho behind the scenes :ohdear:

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Bea Nanner posted:

that proportion reduces substantially outside of italy (or a radius of their familial home)

You'd defend that well too if you know you were going home to Mama's prosciut'

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

I'm struggling with the idea that Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain is more beneficial to Chelsea than Arsenal.

I'm not quite sure he's good enough for either side to be honest.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Sphyre posted:

i'm worried that this flurry of transfer activity from pool is because we've sold coutinho behind the scenes :ohdear:

Honestly, he's not worth keeping if the team can acquire all this good poo poo. Not worth it at all.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Shrapnig posted:

I'm struggling with the idea that Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain is more beneficial to Chelsea than Arsenal.

:same:

it's a bit baffling

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Sphyre posted:

If the transfer activity means spending the Coutinho money improving the squad I'm all for it. The issue was always being unable to sign other players, if that's solved then sell him for all the Neymar money we can get.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
We also want Drinkwater and Barkley. Roman apparently wants an English core (on the bench)

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Shrapnig posted:

He's homegrown and can do a job at a bunch of positions. He's not great and he won't get into the starting XI at the chels, but he's not as bad as he's being made out to be.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
to be fair look what Conte did with Alonso and Moses

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing
https://twitter.com/LFC/status/902425371408289796

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
DONE DEAL.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Sphyre posted:

I'd vaguely assumed they now have the Keita money burning a hole in their pocket since they (presumably) won't be spending that till next year.

Slightly worried that they're now into Lemar/VVD or bust and will miss both of them, but them's the breaks I guess. I'm honestly not too bothered about either since Phil will need to come back given it's a world cup year, and Gomez appears to be back and firing, but they#d both be very useful players.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Cruciate injury around April 2018

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
He will drink too much red bull and his heart explodes.

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

he'll have a sore shoulder from lifting the first of 5 consecutive ballons d'or

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

greazeball posted:

let it go, Jen

lol

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

Shrapnig posted:

I think he'll be better under a manager who actually develops players beyond 21, he's still only young and if he gets pushed he could still be good imo

35m tho

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
I think 35m can safely be called chump change now

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Its the new 12m

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Bad internet rumours are saying City has offered Sterling plus cash for Alexis Sanchez, and having just offloaded one overrated English player I'm really not sure we should be taking on another one so quickly

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Sterling is very good and I don't know why he would possibly agree to that, it's not like he isn't getting minutes or scoring goals for City.

Given that he's bailed Pep out in two of City's three games so far I'm quite surprised if its true.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
I don't think that's true. If anything I'd expect Aguero since he's good enough to tell Pep to gently caress off and Pep just can't abide that.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Developing the talented 22 year-old into the next Alexis Sanchez is surely the whole point of employing Pep Guardiola anyway

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
Pep's never developed talent. The only talent he's developed is Lionel Messi, who was the best player on earth already. Then he just bought whoever was best that year for Dortmund.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

Eau de MacGowan posted:

Pep's never developed talent. The only talent he's developed is Lionel Messi, who was the best player on earth already. Then he just bought whoever was best that year for Dortmund.

Pep is fraudulent.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Naby. N-A-B-Y.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

This Alexis/Sterling thing might have legs.

https://twitter.com/SkyKaveh/status/902482456061902848

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Seems odd to join a club that hasn't won a trophy in five years to win a trophy

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

Vegetable posted:

They won the league in 2014.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Mickolution posted:

They won the league in 2014.
Oops

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Vegetable posted:

A bit like Robinho. You got the wrong Manchester there chief.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
https://twitter.com/AdamLeventhal/status/902484068943659009

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Rashford to barca for €200m would be a funny transfer

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
Kevin Wimmer to Stoke is a done deal. £15m rising to 18m. I don't understand this deal at all. Almost a club record signing for a centre back when we've already got 3 good ones. Only thing I can think of is that we're going to try Zouma as a DM.

Daktari
May 30, 2006

As men in rage strike those that wish them best,

Meat Wagon posted:

Kevin Wimmer to Stoke is a done deal. £15m rising to 18m. I don't understand this deal at all. Almost a club record signing for a centre back when we've already got 3 good ones. Only thing I can think of is that we're going to try Zouma as a DM.

Zouma is a loan right? So 9m per apperance vs Chels which they're gonna fluff regardless

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

No poo poo. He's getting sold to Chelsea

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Just read that Arsenal have lowered their asking price and West Brom are back in.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

CyberPingu posted:

No poo poo. He's getting sold to Chelsea

:golfclap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

I'd take Kieran Gibbs, it's better than playing Mbemba as a left back

• Locked thread