Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Pants Donkey posted:

"Well if it isn't my old nemesis. We meet again."

Soros is against fascism. A good cartoon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Pants Donkey posted:

It takes a certain level of delusion to actually think George Soros is paying people to dress up and yell at nazis, despite there being no evidence whatsoever that Antifa is anything but an identity adopted by unaffiliated people who do not like fascism and are sometimes willing to use violence to combat it. Garrison is made of delusion so I'm not surprised when he constantly says it, but Branco is usually just a shithead, not a tinfoiler.

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan
God, Branco is so easy

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Lurdiak posted:

It takes a certain level of delusion to actually think George Soros is paying people to dress up and yell at nazis, despite there being no evidence whatsoever that Antifa is anything but an identity adopted by unaffiliated people who do not like fascism and are sometimes willing to use violence to combat it. Garrison is made of delusion so I'm not surprised when he constantly says it, but Branco is usually just a shithead, not a tinfoiler.

You know what Antifa actually is so your thought process started at a very different point than Branco's.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

A bit depressing that hate speech is protected by the first amendment, but I suppose that's free speech. Also a bit depressing that the duck's right, no matter how delayed this comic was.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Pants Donkey posted:

lmfao branco you rapscallion youve done it again!!

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

tyblazitar posted:

Branco's clock is never broken, always steadily ticking away, 6 hours behind current time.

more like 14:88 hours

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Pants Donkey posted:

I think my favorite detail in this is the implicit admission that Branco is much much madder about people daring to oppose Nazis than he is about Nazis

Like, he COULD try to link his big scary Jew bogeyman to the actual Nazis, because most people hate Nazis, but instead he chose to link him to the people whose only common characteristic is opposing fascism, because that's worse in his mind, because he isn't even bothering to dogwhistle his fascism anymore.

Like, even if Soros was the Illuminati mastermind behind the dastardly anti-fascism movement, is it supposed to be damning that someone who survived Nazi-occupied Europe as a Jew would be against Nazism? :monocle:

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Did I do this right? Or is love supposed to have a bunch of "o"s?

ZeButler
Oct 2, 2013

You gotta give them the "o"s.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Xander77 posted:

Let me check...

Yeah, a few.

I wanted to make sure you expressly received thanks for putting this together.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Flesh eating zombies are at such a higher moral ground than Nazis It's not even funny.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Houston we have a problem, d'ja get it, d'ja get it, it's a reference from the famous Houston-related thing, political cartooning scales the heights of wit

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Lurdiak posted:

Soros bullshit is pure dog whistle antisemitism, see also "globalists" and "bankers"

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Of course! Anti-Nazi sentiment is orchestrated by The Jews! And this is a bad thing, somehow.

loving

Just I...

Jesus

E: also this never came up in the public discourse because idk, pundits are hacks I guess, but "unmasking" in an intelligence context basically means "unredacting." As in, identifying information is "masked" to preserve the privacy of persons (broadly construed, so corporate persons as well as individuals) who aren't implicated in wrongdoing.

Abyssal Squid fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Aug 29, 2017

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Abyssal Squid posted:

Of course! Anti-Nazi sentiment is orchestrated by The Jews! And this is a bad thing, somehow.

loving

Just I...

Jesus

Yeah there is really not much distance at all between that cartoon and "Hitler did nothing wrong"

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Hmmm, I feel like there's something missing from this map, but I can't put my finger on it.

Also: all these lovely "everyone is coming together for this catastrophe" cartoon really piss me off, since people still use every single opportunity to poo poo on the most vulnerable folks in the region, such as when ICE and border patrol decided to keep open the checkpoints just as it became high time for people to evacuate, or ICE just abandoning 50 people at a bus station when they were told in advance that no buses would operate from there.
gently caress this fake unity, the GOP is just as vile as ever.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
"there are no Nazis around here, it's just the ~international Jew~ who wants you to think so"

hey....

:fuckoff:

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

Cat Mattress posted:

All the racists are white, AGC.

I'm not sure why exactly the guy going to the Monmouth Jet Center wants more dead cops, though. Maybe he's angry at having gotten a speeding ticket? Perhaps he lost his driving license because he was caught driving drunk and that's why he now has to hitchhike to the airport.

no, he is upset at the Bureau of Land Management for not letting him graze his cattle on Federal land, and wants to kill the cops coming to tell him to stop.

A historically accurate comic.

And the last guy probably just wants a mech racing game or something.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

sheep-dodger posted:

Hmmm, I feel like there's something missing from this map, but I can't put my finger on it.

Also: all these lovely "everyone is coming together for this catastrophe" cartoon really piss me off, since people still use every single opportunity to poo poo on the most vulnerable folks in the region, such as when ICE and border patrol decided to keep open the checkpoints just as it became high time for people to evacuate, or ICE just abandoning 50 people at a bus station when they were told in advance that no buses would operate from there.
gently caress this fake unity, the GOP is just as vile as ever.

"Why are you politicizing this tragedy?"

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

That Branco soros cartoon could literally be from nazi Germany.

It's indistinguishable.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

It's like an antisemitic Scooby Doo.

"And the so-called 'antifa' was just...Old Man Soros?!?"

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I would have gotten away with it if it wasn't for the meddling global Jew!

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer
I guess we should be thanking Trump and his nazi friends in one way at least, in that they got a lot of people to out themselves publicly as straight-up anti-semites and nazi sympathizers.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Erenthal posted:

I guess we should be thanking Trump and his nazi friends in one way at least, in that they got a lot of people to out themselves publicly as straight-up anti-semites and nazi sympathizers.

Nobody listened to me before when I told them anti-semitism was still very much alive and well in this country. Now everybody knows.

Somehow it doesn't really make me feel better

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Xander77 posted:

Let me check...

Yeah, a few.

This one is definitely my favorite, holy poo poo.

LordSloth
Mar 7, 2008

Disgruntled (IT) Employee

sheep-dodger posted:

Lol. Low coffee, didn't realize till you pointed out the ridiculous oversight.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Fister Roboto posted:

This one is definitely my favorite, holy poo poo.
Payne is 100% convinced that "Green Fat Cats" are a thing that actually exists. I wanted to give that theme its own section, but at that point seeing just one more bumper sticker would make me scream.

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

You think reality is a circle of salt around my brain keeping witches out?

euphronius posted:

It's indistinguishable.

I really do think that Branco cartoons deserve to be in future history books. He's a perfect example of the current "barely-disguised bigotry and enmity finally bubbling over" state of American conservatism.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Xander77 posted:

Let me check...

Yeah, a few.

"If going to a dentist is so important, how come my brown teeth haven't fallen out of my head?" - H. Payne

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

I guess I"ll never really understand how you can make a comic like this and not think to yourself "hm, it's almost as if prayer is nonsense"

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I love that cartoonists somehow think solar and wind power are massive lobbyist groups:

What's next, big vegan??

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

They're pushing out all the small time mom and pop oil drilling corporations!

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

euphronius posted:

It's indistinguishable.

Nazi propagandists tended to have higher artistic standards. That's literally the only distinction I could think of.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
I always love the concern trolling over wind turbines killing birds. For one thing, the people who trot out the "bird-killing" excuse obviously don't give a single poo poo about the environment in the first place, and for another thing, the number of birds killed by wind turbines is tiny compared to the number of birds killed by fossil fuel-sourced pollution.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Pakled posted:

I always love the concern trolling over wind turbines killing birds. For one thing, the people who trot out the "bird-killing" excuse obviously don't give a single poo poo about the environment in the first place, and for another thing, the number of birds killed by wind turbines is tiny compared to the number of birds killed by fossil fuel-sourced pollution.

I agree that most conservatives that act as if they care about animals are lovely concern trolls, but for someone who has an actual brain to look at it logically, these are factors to consider. Wind power has screwed with migratory patterns of birds, just as how hydroelectric dams can screw with salmon streams. Granted, their overall environmental impact is less than that of coal / gas, but it's definitely something to factor in when building wind farms / dams and how you mitigate the impact they have. Sally Jewell, Obama's interior secretary, was pretty aware of this and aimed for offshore wind farms.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Pants Donkey posted:

Whoops, I guess Trump is embarrassing again.

"Vroom" He just can't loving help himself, can he.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I envy Payne, if only I could leverage my weird obsessions into a job...

• Locked thread