Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Going to my first food and wine this year. Debated about Not so Scary Party but not sure. How bad are the blinking lights at the Halloween party? My gf couldn't do the Christmas party because of em.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012
Have they announced dates yet for 2018 arts fest in Epcot?

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

Empress Brosephine posted:

Going to my first food and wine this year. Debated about Not so Scary Party but not sure. How bad are the blinking lights at the Halloween party? My gf couldn't do the Christmas party because of em.

Honestly, I don't really recall any blinking lights at the Halloween party but it's been a couple of years. Someone who went recently might have a better recollection than I.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Is Not So Scary Halloween worth it for a 30 year old couple with no kids? I'm trying to convince the wife it's worth the additional $80 price tag.

Do they kick people out who don't buy the extra ticket on those days or what? What's stopping us from staying in the park after dark?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

couldcareless posted:

Honestly, I don't really recall any blinking lights at the Halloween party but it's been a couple of years. Someone who went recently might have a better recollection than I.

I don't believe there are any blinking lights outside of whatever the fireworks may trigger in an epileptic.

Reinanigans posted:

Is Not So Scary Halloween worth it for a 30 year old couple with no kids? I'm trying to convince the wife it's worth the additional $80 price tag.

Do they kick people out who don't buy the extra ticket on those days or what? What's stopping us from staying in the park after dark?

It is a separately ticketed event, and anyone staying past the official Magic Kingdom closing date needs a wristband to avoid being booted. Things that it provides compared to a normal day at the park:

1. Additional decoration and new music, including traditionally a lot of classic rock music playing around Pirates.

2. Makeup for all the Haunted Mansion cast members and a ghost actress on the lawn who interacts with guests.

3. Trick or treating at candy stops all around the park.

4. New castle show and fireworks.

If this is all worth it to you, then yes.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That's cool then maybe we'd go. Dunno, debating between that and HHN. Part of us would perfer haunted houses but we get free Howl O Scream admission so :shrug:

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

That's cool then maybe we'd go. Dunno, debating between that and HHN. Part of us would perfer haunted houses but we get free Howl O Scream admission so :shrug:

Having been to HHN and Howl-O-Scream both, they're pretty different events that could each take something from the other. HHN houses tend to have a bigger budget and lots of neat effects and huge sets (plus the licensed properties nobody else could even try to touch), but the lines get ridiculous pretty quick nowadays and Howl-O-Scream tends to be more willing to let the actors go above and beyond to scare people, such as chasing guests or using riskier scares like sliders.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

chitoryu12 posted:

riskier scares like sliders.

What are those?

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
drat guess I'll be going to all three. :(

If any of you are going to Howl o Scream or Seaworld or Busch give me a shout and I'll hook you up.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

I just bought my tickets for my third Not So Scary. It's our favorite. Last year we did the Christmas party instead but IMO it doesn't touch how awesome the Halloween party is. I think it's also easily the best fireworks display they do (granted I haven't seen Happily Ever After yet)

Girlfriend is 28 and I'm 26, no kids. You can definitely have a blast and there's barely lines outside of Mine Train and Peter Pan.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah I'll probably do it. Dam lol

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
"If you have information worth hearing, then I am grateful for it. If you're gonna crack jokes, then I'm gonna pull out your ribcage and wear it as a hat."
Do it! I'm still kicking myself for not getting tix for it in 2015. I went to Christmas Party last year and it made me even more sad I didn't go to Halloween. Plus, buy tix for MNSSP in lieu of a regular day ticket for that day. It's cheaper, you get in at 4pm and stay until 12-1am. It's so awesome to run around MK with literally 25% capacity. You will love it.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
We have Aps so really my only reservation is we'd have to do a hour drive back at 1 am but might be worth it. But I'm at the point where if I go to the parks I just do my FP , eat and leave don't have patience to stand in lines (first world Disney problems), so the prospect of being able to ride stuff back to back is swaying me !

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
We have done it probably 3 or 4 times now. I actually proposed at one a few years ago. One of my favorite things is being able to wear a costume to the park and seeing everyone else's costumes as well

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
It's really the best event at Disney. Small crowds, everyone is in high spirits and having fun in costume, and all kinds of special things all around. The last one we did was pouring rain and it was still a blast. Riding big thunder at night during a heavy downpour while wearing a costume is a great memory.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ugh I hate you all so much haha. To be honest I wanted to go to Epcot 35 but I'm thinking it's going to be stupidly busy so I might cancel the hotel for that night and do this instead. Hmmmmm

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Grundulum posted:

What are those?

People who wear kneepads to let them run at people and then slide across the ground, often with a metal rod to scrape on the concrete and throw up sparks.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I saw some of the Howl o Scream house sbackstage and they look cool and I depth. Saw some not announced also yet so I'm hyped. Have never been but everyone talks about it here atleast.

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
"If you have information worth hearing, then I am grateful for it. If you're gonna crack jokes, then I'm gonna pull out your ribcage and wear it as a hat."
Buy the tickets, enjoy watching non hard ticket holders promptly get tossed at 7, and go buck wild. There's nothing better than being able to walk onto rides with a 0-15 min wait. And do it over and over and over. Plus parades and massive candy hauls. And all the villains that hide all year! Meet and greets for everyone! I feel that's really where the lines are on party night.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is there a list of this years meet and greets yet?

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Okay, we're sold. However, do we get free entrance to MNSSH with our silver Annual Passes or is it an extra $80 each?

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
It's a separate ticketed event, so no. That said, I think APs get a slight discount?

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
I think you get 10% off, probably takes the tax off more than anything. Do it. Best 80 bucks you'll spend at WDW (and then all the other stuff you then buy as a result).

Cais
Jul 10, 2006
unicycler
Boo To You is by far my favorite Disney parade (Okay, Paint the Night comes close) and Hallowishes is fantastic as well. I love the hell out of the Halloween parties, Christmas not so much.

Halloween Horror Nights however is my reason for the season.

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

Concurring with the thread Halloween>Christmas

Got to get that headless horseman clip-clopping down Frontierland.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

APs get a slight discount only until like mid-October as I disappointingly found out when I bought my ticket for 10/29

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
If we have the annual pass, do we need to buy the ticket to NSSHP at the gate or ahead of time to get the 10% or whatever discount?

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
No you can buy it by calling Disney or online. If you call them your agent gets 45 points which is the equivalent of a four day ticket or like $15 in commission per ticket.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Are Fast Pass reservations not available at all during MNSSH? I guess all the rides have short waits as it is, it just seemed odd.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Reinanigans posted:

Are Fast Pass reservations not available at all during MNSSH? I guess all the rides have short waits as it is, it just seemed odd.

Correct, but your party ticket will get you in the park at 4pm and during those three hours you can do fast passes if you have another pass as well.

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

I wouldn't advise buying special event tickets at the gate, depending on the dates they could be sold out.

KabukiJoe
Nov 19, 2002

I'll be going in late September and was planning on going to Magic Kingdom on Sept 29th followed by the 8:30 Hoop De Doo, which is a Halloween party night. We're doing the day of thrills earlier in the week and will have our fill of fireworks and everything throughout the week. How will the crowds be the day of the party? We don't care about having to leave early really but if the crowds are going to be insane we may rethink our schedule.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If I. Can reccomend one thing from my experience of doing the Christmas party is don't do a full day at MK then the party again. It was too much imho.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Logic would dictate to me that day of party will probably see lower crowd levels due to no fireworks and shortened hours. You might wanna check some past crowd level calendars of anyone that documents that stuff and see how they played out

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So looks like Slinky Dog can only seat 10 people per dispatch and there's only one train? Incoming 5 hour waits

nimper
Jun 19, 2003

livin' in a hopium den

So looks like Slinky Dog can only seat 10 people per dispatch and there's only one train? Incoming 5 hour waits
So was that picture showing the entire train? drat

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That was our guess since it had the head and the tail. Maybe it has more cars, rather, hopefully...

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Where did it say there's only 1 train?

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

couldcareless posted:

Logic would dictate to me that day of party will probably see lower crowd levels due to no fireworks and shortened hours. You might wanna check some past crowd level calendars of anyone that documents that stuff and see how they played out

Typically, people who don't have party tickets don't go to MK on party days because of no EMH and if they don't have park hoppers, they don't want to be locked into a park they can't get a whole day out of. So typically, day time attendance is lower on party days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Speculation, although I'm surprised if they had more than one thy didn't ship it in with this one. Either way 10 people per train is lol.