Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Welp, my friend tried to get me into this show for the longest time, but I didn't, because I couldn't stand Travis' voice (and to a lesser degree, Griffin and Justin's), and I kept trying to listen at work, and I couldn't follow the jokes and references.

Well, he said to try out Kenny Rogers Gamefaqs, and.... yeah, I'm in. Holy poo poo. Die in your sleep. And I'm over whatever dislike I had of their voices, they're fine now. The content makes it all ok.

Right now, I'm checking out Goofbusters, but are there any stand-out episodes I should check out next? I'm sure eventually I'll get to all of them, but I don't feel the need to start at #1 right now.

Level up Chie Satonaka,
until she learns bufu.
Use it in boss fights.
Die in your sleep.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mX42e1gOOFs

Its the loving best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

misadventurous
Jun 26, 2013

the wise gem bowed her head solemnly and spoke: "theres actually zero difference between good & bad quartzes. you imbecile. you fucking moron"

Ariong posted:

You've also gotta check out The MBMBaM Guided Sleep Experience for Spiritual Harmony. This one doesn't have a number because it's a special bonus episode sponsored entirely by Casper the friendly mattress company. It's also the best thing any of them have ever done, the whole thing is an absolute grand slam.

I appreciate this nod toward the MBMBaM Guided Sleep Experience, that might actually be my favorite episode and genuinely lying in bed, lights off, listening to it in bed as a Sleep Experience actually ruled.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

misadventurous posted:

I appreciate this nod toward the MBMBaM Guided Sleep Experience, that might actually be my favorite episode and genuinely lying in bed, lights off, listening to it in bed as a Sleep Experience actually ruled.

It's really good, except I get less sleepy from laughing at A S M R BROTHER and the lesbian Guy Fieri problem.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

misadventurous posted:

Justin's Expert Card Shuffler ASMR bit is probably one of my favorite things ever on this show.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I realize now my post wasn't very clear; Griffin is the new GM that made stuff up on the fly, not me. I'm just curious what stats he had written out, if any.

Edit: gently caress. I'm not new but yes I make stuff up all the time.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Sydnee's ASMR in Sawbones was probably the most uncomfortable thing I've ever experienced. I noped right out of that after about 3 seconds. It's not that I have a problem with ASMR or Sydnee, but I don't think Justin properly conveyed to her that people will be jerking off to this

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Propaganda Hour posted:

Sydnee's ASMR in Sawbones was probably the most uncomfortable thing I've ever experienced. I noped right out of that after about 3 seconds. It's not that I have a problem with ASMR or Sydnee, but I don't think Justin properly conveyed to her that people will be jerking off to this

It's the Internet. People were jerking off regardless

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.
Bust a Nut from 343 is also one of the absolute primo bits.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Build-a-Boar posted:

I hope it's less intensely american than the sims thing they did with sitcom people I'd never seen nor heard of! I enjoyed it but I felt I was missing half the fun because who the gently caress are these people

I hope it's a "Monster Factory best of" like the Wrestling Federation was, except in some sort of social/storytelling game, like Miitopia or Tomodachi Life. Maybe a game with more customization than Miis though.

Edit:

Moatman posted:

Bust a Nut from 343 is also one of the absolute primo bits.

You have to watch Episode 131 where someone's coworker thought "blow my load" means the same as "blow my top" before episode 343

creationist believer fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Aug 29, 2017

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

creationist believer posted:

I hope it's a "Monster Factory best of" like the Wrestling Federation was, except in some sort of social/storytelling game, like Miitopia or Tomodachi Life. Maybe a game with more customization than Miis though.

The Tomodachi Survivor series Justin did died after like three episodes because Tomodachi Life is an absolutely boring game not meant to be paid attention to for 30 minutes at a time and I doubt that even with review copies, they've had access to Miitopia for "a few months"

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Waffleman_ posted:

The Tomodachi Survivor series Justin did died after like three episodes because Tomodachi Life is an absolutely boring game not meant to be paid attention to for 30 minutes at a time and I doubt that even with review copies, they've had access to Miitopia for "a few months"

I didn't mean those games specifically, just "I hope it's in a game like that where they have all the Monster Factory characters together interacting in the same story telling systems" and couldn't think of anything except those two games and Sims 4, and I think the Sims 4 well would be running pretty dry by now. I don't know any games in that genre other than the ones I've seen in Polygon overviews soooo I'm hoping there's a good game out there for this kind of thing.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Psychedelicatessen posted:

I know the brothers joke about being less tolerant in the past, but "93: Dax is all" is an entirely different podcast.

I worry that by the time I reach episode 1, I'm actually listening to a The 700 Club fancast

Is Dax Shepard a loving protected class now?

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

they could always go back to second life

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

creationist believer posted:

I didn't mean those games specifically, just "I hope it's in a game like that where they have all the Monster Factory characters together interacting in the same story telling systems" and couldn't think of anything except those two games and Sims 4, and I think the Sims 4 well would be running pretty dry by now. I don't know any games in that genre other than the ones I've seen in Polygon overviews soooo I'm hoping there's a good game out there for this kind of thing.

I really want to see an exclusive guild of MF characters in an MMO with a robust character creator, and each of them is controlled by a different Polygon staff member; Simone as The Final Pam, Griffin as Borth, etc.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

A peek at what's surely going to be the next Munch Squad.

https://twitter.com/tacobell/status/897581962356957184

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
I heard griffin was sadder in older episodes?

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Pastrymancy posted:

I heard griffin was sadder in older episodes?

From what people have said on relistening, you can actually tell at what point he meets Rachel, because he stops complaining about being single and uninformed of worldly things.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Waffleman_ posted:

I'm waiting for Punished Venom Taco.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

SpacePig posted:

From what people have said on relistening, you can actually tell at what point he meets Rachel, because he stops complaining about being single and uninformed of worldly things.

Was this before or after Justin and Travis have to tel Griffin how to properly bathe?

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Awful Squad -- Russ is back at the helm... stream at your own risk:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0Kf8nFTwvI

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

wait are you really meant to get your fingers all up in that yolk

who thought this was a good idea

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Waffleman_ posted:

Wait did these motherfuckers just try to take credit for inventing the omelet

KoB
May 1, 2009

ElNarez posted:

wait are you really meant to get your fingers all up in that yolk

who thought this was a good idea

Its clearly got a paper napkin holder thing like the double chicken sandwich thing at kfc.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Highlight of Game 1 of Awful Squad: Russ having 3 gas cans in his backpack and 0 of any medical type.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

just lol if you haven't learnt to love laughing at Russ' skills rather than getting frustrated

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

well why not posted:

just lol if you haven't learnt to love laughing at Russ' skills rather than getting frustrated

I'm not frustrated, I'm just amused at how strange his pubg habits are.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
With Destiny 2's launch next week they're going to doing Awful Squad for that game in addition to the PUBG Awful Squads.

Build-a-Boar
Feb 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Waffleman_ posted:

When does a taco cease to be? Cuz this is straight up an omelette

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

When does a nacho cease to be, because I'm pretty sure Taco Bell called fuckin' chicken nuggets nachos.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Coming soon: ground taco beef served on a bun

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Fellatio del Toro posted:

Coming soon: ground taco beef served on a bun

That sounds messy. Better pack the meat into a patty.

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

Hockles posted:

Awful Squad -- Russ is back at the helm... stream at your own risk:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0Kf8nFTwvI

Russ is a good boy now.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Who What Now posted:

That sounds messy. Better pack the meat into a patty.

I bet it will go great with jalapenos.

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

https://twitter.com/polygon/status/902641896304115712

The Bartmen ride again

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

With Destiny 2's launch next week they're going to doing Awful Squad for that game in addition to the PUBG Awful Squads.

At the end of the Griffin/Russ D2 PC beta stream today Griffin said they were going to do an Awful Squad like thing for Destiny2

The stream is from Griffin's POV, so you're safe (Russ also blows at Destiny).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5z1603Xz1rY

CBD Corndog fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Aug 30, 2017

El Padrino
Dec 24, 2005

No es nada personal, solo negocios.
Griffin, you bring in Pat Gill for video-producing madness! Not Russ!

Griffin, you're breaking my heart :negative:

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

El Padrino posted:

Griffin, you bring in Pat Gill for video-producing madness! Not Russ!

Griffin, you're breaking my heart :negative:

Russ is just always available, cuz duh

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
Russ is human garbage.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

I was doing the Besties backlog recently and maybe the funniest thing Russ has done is antagonizing Griffin by repeatedly asking him what Pokémon were available in Pokémon Conquest back in the day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

https://youtu.be/_HO0nAqkAkI

EDIT: this one's a full on animation! It reminds me of an early 90's Nickelodeon cartoon.

https://youtu.be/XNHrh_ticqc

Ariong fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Aug 30, 2017