Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
jace, please, put the cloak back on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
I like that Wotc decided to just post the leaked cards. No point in pretending they're not already spoiled. Good move.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

mcmagic posted:

4 Mana is full loving price to kill something. Maybe it's a 2 of in certain tap out control decks but it won't be more than that.

There isn't a better option though (in that color) unless I'm forgetting something (I haven't played Standard in months). Even Murder is rotating out.

Angry Grimace fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Aug 29, 2017

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Dehtraen posted:

I feel like at one point or another the new Jace +1 probably read loot, but it was deemed too powerful, so they nerf'd it until its current form probably went through a couple revisions. It seems like the effect would be an uncommon blue enchantment that no one would want except the dude drafting a the UW flyers deck

I doubt it. This is them trying to find a new Jace identity because people bitched he constantly uses illusions but never actually does anything with them mechanically. They probably figured "Memory Loss Jace" was a good chance to do so.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Angry Grimace posted:

There isn't a better option though (in that color) unless I'm forgetting something (I haven't played Standard in months). Even Murder is rotating out.

Never//Return is played as a one of and in boards.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Jace's memory has been wiped so many times that even the tracking dial doesn't fix things anymore and the colors just flicker between color and grey.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Rinkles posted:

I like that Wotc decided to just post the leaked cards. No point in pretending they're not already spoiled. Good move.

Yeah this has probably been by far their best response to acknowledged leaks that I can remember. The NPH one was mostly fine too. The thing that these two situations have in common is that Patrick "Trick" Jarrett didn't try to blame players for looking at spoilers

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land

mcmagic posted:

I thought so...

Yeah it is that's why I'm wondering why you say tap-out control is it's home. Seems like the instant speed makes it valuable in more traditional draw-go builds

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Jace, the Butt Pirate

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Star Man posted:

Jace's memory has been wiped so many times that even the tracking dial doesn't fix things anymore and the colors just flicker between color and grey.

This is an old people's joke but I liked it.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Hellsau posted:

This is an old people's joke but I liked it.

If you're old enough to remember operating a VCR, you must report at kiln #4 at 3:30 PM tomorrow for purging.

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land

Star Man posted:

If you're old enough to remember operating a VCR, you must report at kiln #4 at 3:30 PM tomorrow for purging.

Mine had tracking buttons instead of a tracking *dial*, is this enough to keep me from getting purged

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

sit on my Facebook posted:

Mine had tracking buttons instead of a tracking *dial*, is this enough to keep me from getting purged

No. Your purge is scheduled at 4:45 in kiln #7.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken

Archenteron posted:

How are you cooking up 7UU on turn 1? (4UU for prophets and 3 for the needed Inalla triggers)

Also I'm surprised Empress Galina isn't spiking harder/faster if we're talking about EDH nonsense

Inalla is Grixis, which gives you black so you can do some reanimation shenanigans. Something like Underground Sea, Mana Crypt, Mox Diamond, Some Land, Buried Alive, Reanimate. Actually no, you'd lose colorless mana changing phases but whatever. You get the idea.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

mcmagic posted:

4 Mana is full loving price to kill something. Maybe it's a 2 of in certain tap out control decks but it won't be more than that.

I can see it getting fringe 1- or 2-of Standard play mostly in sideboards as an answer to planeswalkers that can also kill a creature in a pinch, kind of like Utter End did.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Entropic posted:

I can see it getting fringe 1- or 2-of Standard play mostly in sideboards as an answer to planeswalkers that can also kill a creature in a pinch, kind of like Utter End did.

Even if you kill Hazoret with it or Scarab God, you still paid full price.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Archenteron posted:

How are you cooking up 7UU on turn 1? (4UU for prophets and 3 for the needed Inalla triggers)

Also I'm surprised Empress Galina isn't spiking harder/faster if we're talking about EDH nonsense

You only need 5UU though?

Mana Crypt, Sol Ring, Grim Monolith, Island, Power Artifact on Grim Monolith, Gilded Lotus?

Again, god hand, but possible.

Carl Killer Miller
Apr 28, 2007

This is the way that it all falls.
This is how I feel,
This is what I need:

Minority Deport posted:

Oh no.

I see that the price is starting to spike a little bit as people figure this out. That'll continue :v:

Hah, that's now a $60 card.

Oh MtG, never change

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Carl Killer Miller posted:

Hah, that's now a $60 card.

Oh MtG, never change

:signings: Sorely tempted to cash out my Sisay EDH deck that I never play anymore.
Oh wait I actually have two copies of Sisay lol, time to hopefully pick up that Noble Hierarch that I need!

RembrandtQEinstein
Jul 1, 2009

A GOD, A MESSIAH, AN ARCHANGEL, A KING, A PRINCE, AND AN ALL TERRAIN VEHICLE.

Archenteron posted:

You talkin about that card that went from like $5 to $32?

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I like the way the artists worked to make the sun empire natives armor look unique, with the metal scales and such. Makes them look like they can seriously take on the invading factions.

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

mcmagic posted:

Fair. That still isn't all that great.

You're not wrong:m. Once rotation hits I'm gonna retire r/u emerge (RIP best deck ever) and make u/w gifts featuring Jace and other bad cards (and heart if Kiran because I've sold 8 and still have 3 somehow)

I am not saying jace or the deck will be great or competitive but DAMNIT it will be fun and it has the synergies. Also eyeing that daring saboteur for the list. Because with a jar plus I'd get double looting right?

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:
Look here... All of us are terrible at evaluating cards. Therefore since everyone hates Sailor Jace, I'm going to order the poo poo out of him.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
was this posted

quote:

"Invite the Party"

2WB
Sorcery

Create three 1/1 white Vampire creature tokens with Lifelink.

ZeroCount
Aug 12, 2013

Three 1/1 white vampire creature tokens with lifelink pose for an album cover

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Maro said on his blog that the other side of the DFCs was going to be the Masterpiece frame for Ixalan before they cut it. I think that would have been very cool.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

RembrandtQEinstein posted:

It (and Mirror Gallery) were both 8-10 when I posted that. Now they're both ~35. Nice.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

ZeroCount posted:

Three 1/1 white vampire creature tokens with lifelink pose for an album cover
If the band isn't called Sign In Blood, I'm quitting Magic forever.

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.

RembrandtQEinstein posted:

Lol, I have four of these loving things - and one's foil.

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004

Urwurzel-Gewässer 2U
Enchantment - UC
Every time you cast a Merfolk spell create a 1/1 Merfolk creature token with hexproof

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Why the gently caress can't Goblins get this kind of support

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004
https://twitter.com/manaleakcom/status/902511159265386496

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

TheKingofSprings posted:

Why the gently caress can't Goblins get this kind of support

Not an emptyquote

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Oh, yeah, my B/R Standard Aggro is definitely including some pirates now.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Piratedriver :getin:

(I know it's not nearly as good but still)

YeehawMcKickass
Jan 2, 2003

WE WELCOME THE OPPRESSORS

poo poo, I think I'm going to be saying yarrrr a lot when I got to combat.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
so pirate orcs

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Hoping for at least two B/R one drop pirates then!

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Tainen posted:

Urwurzel-Gewässer 2U
Enchantment - UC
Every time you cast a Merfolk spell create a 1/1 Merfolk creature token with hexproof

I mean it's a three drop and doesn't combo with vial but still :shittypop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Reprint patches.