Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

If you're loooooooooookin' for meeeeeeeeeeeeeee
You better check underrrrrrrrrrrr the seaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Quit bein a bitch and pill me up!

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
I hate Marco because...he's...a mailbox head?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

If you want something yummy...

...put an 'appy cek in your tummeh.

It's a shame how hard Sealab went to poo poo once Captain Murphy's VA died and the writers became angry bitches who hated the audience.

raditts fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Aug 28, 2017

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Episodes is such a loving good show.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

raditts posted:

It's a shame how hard Sealab went to poo poo once Captain Murphy's VA died and the writers became angry bitches who hated the audience.

In retrospect it's good that late Sealab had to suffer Adam Reed getting...whatever that weird bitterness was out of his system then, so that he could refocus and go do Frisky Dingo and Archer.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
finally finished Comrade Detective, and I really hope it gets a second season. Season 1 is great on its own, but I want more.

I also really like that they film in Romania and used Romanian actors and actresses for the entire show. I feel like it's a win for everyone involved.

I can't recommend it enough. If you remotely enjoy police procedurals and are open to criticisms of capitalism, this is the show for you. It also doesn't glorify the soviet union in any unironic sense, so it's not like it's pro Stalinist or anything.

edit: also, finale spoiler: the fact that they can call out Donald Trump and still have it be period appropriate is creepy. They don't actually mention him by name, they just describe his actions as of the 80s.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Comrade Detective is really good:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jF1H5kn8ayY

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Yeah, that's definitely the scene to sell people on the concept. It's the moment when I knew the show was genius.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Behold the new voice of Kermit (it's fine)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrWuFUSELrg

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

zoux posted:

Behold the new voice of Kermit (it's fine)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrWuFUSELrg

#notmymuppets

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So Hulu definitely bagged a big fish in their bid of live streaming as they announced a deal with the CW. Which, AFAIK, nobody else has right now. While it hasn't started yet, when it does that definitely puts me a step closer to switching from Vue.

While I can get other stuff over the air for some reason my local CW is too far away for my cheapo antenna.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Snak posted:

Yeah, that's definitely the scene to sell people on the concept. It's the moment when I knew the show was genius.

I think the first line was good enough for me.

"You don't become a good communist by going to meetings, or reading texts."

"You do it on the streets."

"You do it with your fists."

80s synth music goes into full blast.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

muscles like this! posted:

So Hulu definitely bagged a big fish in their bid of live streaming as they announced a deal with the CW. Which, AFAIK, nobody else has right now. While it hasn't started yet, when it does that definitely puts me a step closer to switching from Vue.

While I can get other stuff over the air for some reason my local CW is too far away for my cheapo antenna.

Did the Flash and/or Arrow get good again?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Arrow was pretty good last season (and Deathstroke is back)

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

IRQ posted:

Good:

The 100
Arrow
Legends of Tomorrow
iZombie
Riverdale

poo poo:

The Flash

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So how does that work with the Netflix deal?

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Completely different things. The Hulu deal is for streaming the live channel.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Arrow was pretty good last season (and Deathstroke is back)

I watched the first half of Arrow last season before I gave up on it, I'll need some convincing evidence that the second half was any better.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Prometheus was the best villain they've ever had and after his identity is revealed he kicks it up to 11.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

raditts posted:

I watched the first half of Arrow last season before I gave up on it, I'll need some convincing evidence that the second half was any better.

What if I told you the final flashback revealed that Island Oliver was wearing a wig over a wig and a fake beard over his fake beard?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Aphrodite posted:

Prometheus was the best villain they've ever had and after his identity is revealed he kicks it up to 11.

That moment where he goes so crazy ham that he could have stepped onto the set from Gotham.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Last season was definitely the best season of Arrow. I can't speak for the other CW DC shows because they were both so bad I dropped them prior to last season.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Oof, I guess that AMC show Loaded isn't doing too good. They've bumped it for a rerun of Preacher

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Oof, I guess that AMC show Loaded isn't doing too good. They've bumped it for a rerun of Preacher

Wait, seriously? That's even more insane since I think this week was the finale.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They're re-running tonight's Preacher and THEN the episode of Loaded.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Why am I enjoying Midnight, TX so much? I hated True Blood.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
Ah, that explains why my DVR still has it listed. Still, guess that answers if they'll try giving it a second series like the original.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

How has S2 of Preacher been? I thought S1 started out strong but really waned.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

S2 has:

introduced Herr Starr and the Grail

had the Saint of Killers actually do stuff

and

had a story line following Eugene's adventures in Hell (he's befriended Adolf Hitler.)

The main characters are also together more often and not just off doing their own things all the time like s1.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Josh Lyman posted:

How has S2 of Preacher been? I thought S1 started out strong but really waned.

It's better than the first season but it still have the problem of every entertaining and cool thing being weighed down by characters acting dumb for no reason, Tulip being a wet blanket, and some really terrible juvenile comic book edginess making it into the show when everyone involved should have known better.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

So that ending of The Deuce :captainpop:

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Preacher s2 is still absurdly goddamn slow and I don't understand why at all

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Shageletic posted:

I think the first line was good enough for me.

"You don't become a good communist by going to meetings, or reading texts."

"You do it on the streets."

"You do it with your fists."

80s synth music goes into full blast.

" Drink?"
"No i quit drinking"
"Vodka?"
"Yeah a double"

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Escobarbarian posted:

Preacher s2 is still absurdly goddamn slow and I don't understand why at all

I love it, but I don't always like watching it.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

IRQ posted:

No, these people are lying to you.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Good lord GoT's ratings this season are insane. 16.5 m watched the finale live and the show averaged 31m per episode with live + time shifted.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

zoux posted:

Good lord GoT's ratings this season are insane. 16.5 m watched the finale live and the show averaged 31m per episode with live + time shifted.
Yeah but piracy causes shows to get bad ratings and GoT by far the most pirated show in the world so

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I like how the hackers released spoilers about the season finale and nobody cared. Also I think most of that was on reddit months ago already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Mu Zeta posted:

I like how the hackers released spoilers about the season finale and nobody cared. Also I think most of that was on reddit months ago already.

Everything was spoiled months ago by someone in production. Supposedly so is next season but the source seems more dubious.

Josh Lyman posted:

Yeah but piracy causes shows to get bad ratings and GoT by far the most pirated show in the world so

Clearly the show should have actually had 17 billion viewers, those damned dirty pirates! :argh:

• Locked thread