Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

surfacelevelspeck
Oct 1, 2008

communism's sleepiest soldier

how the gently caress were they unable to find any evidence of malfeasance? the recording released on our own loving twitter should be evidence enough of malfeasance, god drat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

I bet Business Gorillas is jacking off furiously

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Syndlig posted:

how the gently caress were they unable to find any evidence of malfeasance? the recording released on our own loving twitter should be evidence enough of malfeasance, god drat.

they looked at danny's behavior purely in the context of the election and didn't factor in his actions as co-chair

imo this is the proper way to do things and i wouldn't be too surprised if the pro-expulsion crew brings this up again and focus on his actions as Chairman Danny

rudecyrus
Nov 6, 2009

fuck you trolls
Looks like our next best hope is for Austin to oust this dude, which is probably not gonna happen.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

rudecyrus posted:

Looks like our next best hope is for Austin to oust this dude, which is probably not gonna happen.

Maybe we can just puff up and make loud noises and scare him away

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

basically the Chairman Danny poo poo is hosed up and he really should be gone but if the pro-expulsion people tried to get him kicked out purely on lying about CLEAT (which is stupid), i can see where they're coming from

edit:

Autism Sneaks posted:

I bet Business Gorillas is jacking off furiously
hell yeah i'm jacking off your dad and there's nothing you can do about it

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

man whoever made that linkedin has been more wildly successful at wrecking poo poo than they could have imagined

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
why even stick around if these votes are being held? does Danny have nothing better to do than be in an organization where more than half the leadership doesn’t want him?

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Business Gorillas posted:

basically the Chairman Danny poo poo is hosed up and he really should be gone but if the pro-expulsion people tried to get him kicked out purely on lying about CLEAT (which is stupid), i can see where they're coming from

Him being Chairman Danny is way worse than his CLEAT work. Like, I was feeling sympathetic for him for a while, but now it's not even a question of whether he should keep his seat. Someone like that shouldn't even be in the org in the first place.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

TrilliontonNixon posted:

Him being Chairman Danny is way worse than his CLEAT work. Like, I was feeling sympathetic for him for a while, but now it's not even a question of whether he should keep his seat. Someone like that shouldn't even be in the org in the first place.

i entirely agree and if we're getting into that territory, its a pretty big fuckin deal that there's more thought behind purging members beyond "log off binch"

(this is me saying that we need to hammer out exactly how to kick someone out of the org before we do it. half-assing it now is gonna bite us in the rear end later, sort of like how all of this could have been avoided if someone took a 2 hour meeting to hammer something out once in the past 30 years of the org)

Business Gorillas has issued a correction as of 05:57 on Aug 29, 2017

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

safely sodomized posted:

man whoever made that linkedin has been more wildly successful at wrecking poo poo than they could have imagined

nice brag post

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

freckle posted:

nice brag post

fuckk

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

fermun posted:

https://twitter.com/kittystryker/status/902294891501195264
The juggalos that came to SF and Berkeley and marched with the Bay area dsa chapters this weekend need help getting to DC. If we want the juggalo thing to be more than a joke, here's a chance.

:toot: :toot: Struggalo Circus funding goal met, they can afford to send 3 people to DC next month. There were, by my count, at least 11 painted up Juggalos in Berkeley yesterday. I'm loving loving that there are woke Juggalos showing up to anti-fascist marches.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Larry Parrish posted:

Alright Maria Svart appropriating y'allidarity is honestly far more annoying to me than anything else in the last month of DSA drama

Y'all's our word she isn't allowed to say it! :qqsay:

I'm being sincere btw

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dreddout posted:

Y'all's our word she isn't allowed to say it! :qqsay:

I'm being sincere btw

I sincerely do not want any flatlander cityslicker coastal piece of poo poo speaking for me in any context lmfao.

Serf
May 5, 2011

safely sodomized posted:

the fbi

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
Is there literally anybody working on trying to figure out who made that account? Is there any way to figure it out?

Zenos Paradise
Apr 2, 2011

Did somebody say honeypot?
Hi comrades! I recently joined the MN DSA chapter. Seems pretty nice so far. Our local chapter had a really nice discussion about prison abolition and how do we work towards a society that doesn't rely on the heavily armed police for protection.

Calling 911 is likely to end up with someone dead or otherwise having their life ruined by imprisonment, but many people will still call the police because there aren't many other options.

One approach that was brought up was to reform law enforcement by putting accountability measures, deescalation training, and disarming most officers. It just seems difficult since cops have so little oversight.

Any thoughts? If this has already been discussed, that's cool, just been thinking about this.

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

Zenos Paradise posted:

Hi comrades! I recently joined the MN DSA chapter. Seems pretty nice so far. Our local chapter had a really nice discussion about prison abolition and how do we work towards a society that doesn't rely on the heavily armed police for protection.

Calling 911 is likely to end up with someone dead or otherwise having their life ruined by imprisonment, but many people will still call the police because there aren't many other options.

One approach that was brought up was to reform law enforcement by putting accountability measures, deescalation training, and disarming most officers. It just seems difficult since cops have so little oversight.

Any thoughts? If this has already been discussed, that's cool, just been thinking about this.

no no no you can't reform law enforcement that's how you get censured by the npc

BrainParasite
Jan 24, 2003

jarofpiss posted:

no no no you can't reform law enforcement that's how you get censured by the npc

Are you sure you aren't actually a bucket of poo poo?

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

GunnerJ posted:

Is there literally anybody working on trying to figure out who made that account? Is there any way to figure it out?

After finding out how Danny runs local meetings, the prime suspect is "literally anyone/everyone in the Austin DSA."

Zenos Paradise
Apr 2, 2011

Did somebody say honeypot?

jarofpiss posted:

National Physique Committee? :shrug:

I'm definitely open to more radical solutions too, if you'd like to share any suggestions.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
Been saving some money and am thinking of buying a button maker. What size buttons do people think are best? I've been thinking 2".

surfacelevelspeck
Oct 1, 2008

OhFunny posted:

Been saving some money and am thinking of buying a button maker. What size buttons do people think are best? I've been thinking 2".

I've got a bunch of 2" I never wear because they're too huge to put on my normal shirts without looking goofy as gently caress. 1-1.5" is probably best imo.

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

OhFunny posted:

Yeah, not so small it would be part of a cluster but not so big as to make the wearer a buster

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
I don't know why you guys are upset, this is actually a really mature response by the NPC

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Do you guys think bylaws and such are just totally irrelevant, to be ignored when it's convenient? It's not the role of the NPC to creatively interpret resolutions and bylaws, until they reach the outcome that the people yelling at them want them to reach: it's their job to follow a procedure, to the best of their ability. That's it. They've done that. That's the most you can expect.

Don't like it? Welcome to the real world, the place where you don't get everything you want, even when everything is done right.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

rudatron posted:

I don't know why you guys are upset, this is actually a really mature response by the NPC

Yeah, I think that it's probably the "least worst" thing they can do. That said, it's kind of amazing he doesn't take one for the team and resign. Whatever good he can bring to the NPC will be overshadowed by all the negatives (justified or not) of the controversy.

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

Lumpy posted:

Yeah, I think that it's probably the "least worst" thing they can do. That said, it's kind of amazing he doesn't take one for the team and resign. Whatever good he can bring to the NPC will be overshadowed by all the negatives (justified or not) of the controversy.

Yeah. They're actually following the rules of the organization. The communication around it has been dumb, especially WRT vague noise on Twitter, but I think the vote and rationale are reasonable.

Also, imagine how this would've played out if danny resigned or something as soon as it happened, did some work around police/prison reform for a bit, and ran again in 2019

maybe better
maybe the exact same way because ACAB is a really popular sentiment, especially in the new guard?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Zenos Paradise posted:

disarming cops is probably going to be the most effective thing to do but also the hardest to convince the general pop of

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Praxis was the name of the moon around Qo'noS whose destruction was the plot of Star Trek VI.

Makes u think

Huragok
Sep 14, 2011

Raskolnikov38 posted:

disarming cops is probably going to be the most effective thing to do but also the hardest to convince the general pop of

Hell even demilitarization would be an easy first step but can you imagine the cop outrage at taking their miltoys away from them?

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Community Outreach 200k tweets
Political Advocacy 150k tweets
Philosophical Discussion 800k tweets
A dude in a police union 3,600k tweets
Candidate Recruitment 150k tweets
someone who is good at the politics please help me budget this. my revolution is dying

surfacelevelspeck
Oct 1, 2008

In the spirit of forcing y'all motherfuckers to read more google docs here's the minority vote's statement on mediation/the vote.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XeajP-4S_HjLONZLiFpzujBC3JdUpkOqmS4VEJXAByc

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

New members fb group chiming in!

https://twitter.com/scottsurette/status/902524701288927232

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

lol I saw this post and several others like it and they're universally written by incredibly old white people that get ripped to shreds in the replies. I don't know why they keep trying

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

I AM DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS

Syndlig posted:

In the spirit of forcing y'all motherfuckers to read more google docs here's the minority vote's statement on mediation/the vote.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XeajP-4S_HjLONZLiFpzujBC3JdUpkOqmS4VEJXAByc

They apparently do NOT have receipts or else they would have been able to unseat Danny with them

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Slanderer posted:

posts like this from someone who will never join the DSA make me think you are less than forthright

hes got a point

it is in texas

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

rudatron posted:

Do you guys think bylaws and such are just totally irrelevant, to be ignored when it's convenient? It's not the role of the NPC to creatively interpret resolutions and bylaws, until they reach the outcome that the people yelling at them want them to reach: it's their job to follow a procedure, to the best of their ability. That's it. They've done that. That's the most you can expect.

Don't like it? Welcome to the real world, the place where you don't get everything you want, even when everything is done right.

Literally nothing anyone wanted the NPC to do was outside the scope of what the bylaws permitted them to do, lol.

This bullshit argument requires pretending that "malfeasance" is some well-defined super duper bad poo poo that Fetonte clearly didn't do, when it's not actually well defined as such at all and the same article defining "things that the NPC can vote to expel you for" explicitly includes missing two meetings. Again, it's complete horseshit to claim that the people who think the NPC made the wrong call are some kind of unreasonable mob that doesn't care about democratic principles like due process. Everyone condemning Fetonte called for actions within the scope of what the process permitted. At best you can argue that nothing he did constitutes "malfeasance" but that's it. Nobody is ignoring that requirement, they disagree about whether any of his actions apply.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
the people in austin who want him gone just need to work to vote him out of power in november(?).

that's where he can be the most damaging anyway.