Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
Hi guys, is there room in a goon guild for my super-casual self? I mean, I play pretty much every day, but I'm way far away from optimal given that I like to pick up weird characters. Also, I quit playing for a few weeks a while ago and now I'm terminally behind in arena, constantly getting squads that are 6-10 levels above and way better geared than me.

Anyhow, ally code is 144-332-691.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!

Ineptitude posted:

Palpie, Royal Guard (currently at 5*, so not too bad a grind), TFP, Magmatrooper and Stormtrooper. Will those be able to get R2 7*?
2 of those are from cantina, so i won't be able to do FBLuke or Old Ben at the same time, so getting CLS (assuming he pops up right after the R2 event again) is going to be tough.

You guys said earlier that the Imp Troopers are only good in a Veers-led team, but will they be completely useless vs the R2 event?
Its not like there are a lot of other options, for anyone, to get 5 7* Empire characters. GMT and Vader perhaps, but both are nasty grinds (Vader isn't even really grindable is he)

Sounds like the exact same team I used to get R2 to 7*. It wasn't easy because my mods suck, but I succeeded so I'm sure you can too. The hardest part was doing it enough times to figure out who to prioritize and get lucky with RNG.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Nipponophile posted:

Hi guys, is there room in a goon guild for my super-casual self? I mean, I play pretty much every day, but I'm way far away from optimal given that I like to pick up weird characters. Also, I quit playing for a few weeks a while ago and now I'm terminally behind in arena, constantly getting squads that are 6-10 levels above and way better geared than me.

Anyhow, ally code is 144-332-691.

I sent an ally invite; you should be able to join the Roci once you've accepted it.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Ineptitude posted:

You guys said earlier that the Imp Troopers are only good in a Veers-led team, but will they be completely useless vs the R2 event?
Its not like there are a lot of other options, for anyone, to get 5 7* Empire characters. GMT and Vader perhaps, but both are nasty grinds (Vader isn't even really grindable is he)

Stormtrooper sees regular use in HAAT (chirpatine with RG and Palp makes for a very high defense ST). Deathtrooper gets used a ton (although less these days, but he's a really good anti-rebel unit). Shoretrooper is still one of the best tanks in the game. For awhile, Snowtrooper was super handy when there were very few imperials, but, not really anymore without Veers led. Magmatrooper has never been good, and if you're running veers, he's definitely the 6th trooper.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Do we know who the September login character will be, yet?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

thrawn527 posted:

Do we know who the September login character will be, yet?

I'm going to guess... Talia for maximum trolling, in light of the upcoming nightsister review.

Best possible case would be Hoth Rebel Soldier, though.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

Inimicul posted:

Sounds like the exact same team I used to get R2 to 7*. It wasn't easy because my mods suck, but I succeeded so I'm sure you can too. The hardest part was doing it enough times to figure out who to prioritize and get lucky with RNG.

What gear levels did you have, if you remember? And how bad are bad mods? Just random ones you already had in your mod inventory, or somewhat targeted farms from mod challenges?

Malgrin posted:

Stormtrooper sees regular use in HAAT (chirpatine with RG and Palp makes for a very high defense ST). Deathtrooper gets used a ton (although less these days, but he's a really good anti-rebel unit). Shoretrooper is still one of the best tanks in the game. For awhile, Snowtrooper was super handy when there were very few imperials, but, not really anymore without Veers led. Magmatrooper has never been good, and if you're running veers, he's definitely the 6th trooper.

Yeah, but what i wondered was if they are completely useless for R2 if i only bring 2 troopers and 3 other Imperials. Bringing a full Trooper squad is nigh impossible for a new player like myself. Deathtrooper is in Cantina 8 which i cannot get to, Veers is only from hard modes (so a 2-3 month farm), Shoretrooper is like a literal year long farm.
Bringing an entirely non-trooper squad is also nigh impossible, as there aren't 5 Imperials that are grindable.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram

Chilichimp posted:

I'm going to guess... Talia for maximum trolling, in light of the upcoming nightsister review.

CG is also going to give 10 Chewie Shards as a "thank you." Speaking of underwhelming characters that will probably soon get a buff, it wouldn't surprise me if we're going to need 7* G8 Clone Wars Chewie to get the new OP Chewie at some point.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Ineptitude posted:

Yeah, but what i wondered was if they are completely useless for R2 if i only bring 2 troopers and 3 other Imperials. Bringing a full Trooper squad is nigh impossible for a new player like myself. Deathtrooper is in Cantina 8 which i cannot get to, Veers is only from hard modes (so a 2-3 month farm), Shoretrooper is like a literal year long farm.
Bringing an entirely non-trooper squad is also nigh impossible, as there aren't 5 Imperials that are grindable.

I think I ran EP, Vader, TFP, RG, Snowtrooper (G11, G10, G11, G10, G7?). EP, Vader, TFP, and RG carried it, but it was a little difficult. I think I beat it first time around, but R2 goes cheatingly fast (like 2-3x a normal character speed), and can just wreck everything pretty fast. I don't really have a good answer for you, unfortunately.

Chilichimp posted:

I'm about 90% sure it'll be a Rebel. They'll announce it in the notes today

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

Malgrin posted:

I think I ran EP, Vader, TFP, RG, Snowtrooper (G11, G10, G11, G10, G7?). EP, Vader, TFP, and RG carried it, but it was a little difficult. I think I beat it first time around, but R2 goes cheatingly fast (like 2-3x a normal character speed), and can just wreck everything pretty fast. I don't really have a good answer for you, unfortunately.

Oh man, that is considerably higher gear level than i expected. GL11? I can get dudes to GL8 with some effort but even GL9 doesn't really seem obtainable yet.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Malgrin posted:

Snowtrooper is a great asset to have around at Gear 7 or so just for the monthly ewok slaughter event.

But yeah, unless it's the only thing keeping you from Thrawn I can't reccomend either Snow or Magma unless you're all in on Veers shenanigans (both are used in the Veers P4 HAAT comp for example.)

Shore, Storm, and Death are all great on their own and used in various Imperial configurations, together and separately, and are all great.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
My empire dudes are a mix of G8 and a couple G9. Luck carried me farther than gear, I think.

ST from Cantina store, Tarkin from Arena store, Mags from GW Store, TFP from Cantina node, +1 of your choice. If you've got a 7* vader or EP, you're set. I bought Vader in the fleet shipments every time I saw him.

Edit: Mags pulls his weight in a poor mans Zader squad because of that grenade toss so having him isn't a total waste.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Cactus posted:

I sent an ally invite; you should be able to join the Roci once you've accepted it.

"Level required: 80" :lol: I'll check back in a month or so.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Nipponophile posted:

"Level required: 80" :lol: I'll check back in a month or so.

What? No there is no level requirement.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
Sure, it's possible that I'm imagining that, and that there isn't a thing that says "LEVEL REQUIRED: 80" where the join button is supposed to be.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I'm

Nipponophile posted:

Sure, it's possible that I'm imagining that, and that there isn't a thing that says "LEVEL REQUIRED: 80" where the join button is supposed to be.

Something in this new patch is loving up. I'm in his guild on my alt and i'm not 80.

We'll figure it out.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

I'm

Something in this new patch is loving up. I'm in his guild on my alt and i'm not 80.

We'll figure it out.

Regardless of your level, someone can invite you from the guild, and you can accept the invite. However, you can't request a join, they have to invite you.

Mister Blueberry
Feb 17, 2010

Mike, Steve, what the hell
By the way, my European guild, HAAT and HPit, is still recruiting. Only 4 spots left though. If you guys prefer raid times for EU/UK zones, this is the place.

https://discord.gg/DpAdyzR

my ally code: 572-573-181

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Chilichimp posted:

"Upcoming nightsister review..."

Finally removing them from the game?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

tadashi posted:

"Upcoming nightsister review..."

Finally removing them from the game?

somebody teased that it's on the horizon. They're going to redo the nightsister faction and likely introduce a new character.

It'll be rad as poo poo if Savage gets the nightsister tag + they introduce Mother Talzin.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Aug 29, 2017

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

I looked through the patch notes and didn't see that they announced the September character. Did I miss something?

Mister Blueberry
Feb 17, 2010

Hockles posted:

I looked through the patch notes and didn't see that they announced the September character. Did I miss something?

No announcement yet... I guess we'll have to wait a few days to see that it's chewie

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram
I'm kind of annoyed that I have to grind more rebels in the form of the Hoth Bros instead of working on Resistance or FO.

Mister Blueberry
Feb 17, 2010

Just get them at 5* as it looked that would be sufficient

Resistance will take you far. So far...

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Nipponophile posted:

I think I changed that a while back so that I wouldn't get any low lvl random pubbies joining, but recently set it to invite only so I could recruit solely from this thread.

Expired Vitamin
Jul 3, 2017

I just dusted this game off the other day and would like to join one of the goon guilds if there is room. My ally code is 227-925-822.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!

Mister Blueberry posted:

By the way, my European guild, HAAT and HPit, is still recruiting. Only 4 spots left though. If you guys prefer raid times for EU/UK zones, this is the place.

https://discord.gg/DpAdyzR

my ally code: 572-573-181

What times do your raids usually start damage?

Edit: And are you interested in active level 85 alts?

Inimicul fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Aug 29, 2017

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

According to this swgoh.gg calculator I need 7 star LS ships? Bleeeergh. All my good ships are evil as heck.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy

Expired Vitamin posted:

I just dusted this game off the other day and would like to join one of the goon guilds if there is room. My ally code is 227-925-822.

Get in discord my dude

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Dely Apple posted:

According to this swgoh.gg calculator I need 7 star LS ships? Bleeeergh. All my good ships are evil as heck.

For TBs, you use LS and DS ships, and for much of it, only 6* ships are required:
"Starting with Phase 3, you will be able to use your ships. In Phase 6 you need 6-star ships of both sides, Light and Dark, in combat missions, but for platoons here 7-star ships are required."

If you're looking for more information on TBs, this is a really good resource
http://gaming-fans.com/2017/08/swgoh-territory-battles-hoth-ultimate-guide/

parsleyc
Sep 28, 2007
Would be great if there's space in a guild for a filthy casual like me.

Ally code: 893-627-465

Mister Blueberry
Feb 17, 2010

Inimicul posted:

What times do your raids usually start damage?

Edit: And are you interested in active level 85 alts?

Raids start at 7pm or 8pm GMT (8 or 9pm CET), and if you are active, we have no problem if it's an alt you are playing ;)

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Mister Blueberry posted:

No announcement yet... I guess we'll have to wait a few days to see that it's chewie

If they love us, they will give us Hoth Rebel Soldier.

Should I Zeta CLS or R2 first? R2 is G10 and I use him in arena and CLS is G9 but CLS is CLS.

tadashi fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Aug 30, 2017

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

tadashi posted:

If they love us, they will give us Hoth Rebel Soldier.

It's apparently going to be Phasma.

fullTimeLurker
Nov 10, 2010

Hey just wanted to ask QGJ not to kick me. I'll be on vacation for a week and won't be able to log on every day. I'm in QGJ as DapperPiglet. Thanks

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Chilichimp posted:

It's apparently going to be Phasma.

Really? God dammit. I guess I'm getting plenty more shard shop currency.

"We're introducing a game mode that uses all of your characters, with an emphasis on requiring light side characters........so here, have some dark side character shards."

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
This Hoth Bro hard farming might be the straw that break the banthas back for me.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

UmOk posted:

This Hoth Bro hard farming might be the straw that break the banthas back for me.

it's 1 hard node / day, dude. and it's a 12er at that.

Cidrick
Jun 10, 2001

Praise the siamese

Chilichimp posted:

Plus they'll both be frequently available in the Guild Events store once that goes live. I'm not too worried about either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

Chilichimp posted:

120 energy and 50 crystals per day if you refresh. That gives the possibility of maybe 5 starring in 73 days. A fifth of a year.

But, your right. I should just not focus on him and hope they add his shards to some other mode. Also my math might be off.