Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

Yakuza remake is good.

Sega has stayed in my pocket all year. Between Yakuza 0, Hatsune Miku, Yakuza Kiwami, Sonic Mania, and now the Yakuza 2 remake they are knocking if out of the park. Now if they'd just make up with Yu-san and allow for a Shenmue 1 and 2 HD remake I'd be super pleased. Hell, even if they announced it now it would probably still come out before Shenmue 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Pretty bored by Uncharted 4.5. It seems to be going on longer than it should. I like that they are trying to make a story with female leads but they feel like they are written by men. I mean, you could just make them men and keep the dialog and they are the same characters. Re-using side characters from before keeps consistency but was probably a mistake. And the combat isn't really very fun this time. Hope this train bit is the end.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Absolver impressions from about an hour last night:

Online server won't connect. (Lol Indie launch game tech woes)

Play offline.

Basically it feels like Karateka + Journey + Rime + Dark Souls (at least some of the design/explore aspects.)

It's not bad and shows potential for serious depth with stances and fighting deck options.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Waltzing Along posted:

Pretty bored by Uncharted 4.5. It seems to be going on longer than it should. I like that they are trying to make a story with female leads but they feel like they are written by men. I mean, you could just make them men and keep the dialog and they are the same characters. Re-using side characters from before keeps consistency but was probably a mistake. And the combat isn't really very fun this time. Hope this train bit is the end.

To their credit Naughty Dog don't seem to be using it as some weird selling point for backpats. Here are two women, they're shooting dudes, let's move on.

Breaking down gender barriers through the medium of murder. :v:

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
It doesn't help that Nadine looks like a man with small boobs and a female face. But at least it is something.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Waltzing Along posted:

It doesn't help that Nadine looks like a man with small boobs and a female face. But at least it is something.

Are you doing a bit?

E: aww, you edited it.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I only got a real ~girl power~ vibe from the final fight, until then it's just two people slowly bonding even though one of them is a jerk.

Chloe is an even worse archaeologist than Lara Croft and that's a real accomplishment. At least she's honest about her motivations.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

I know everyone says that you should just wear the witcher gear in Witcher 3 but how important is that really? Can I have fun/be effective if I just wear whatever I find/craft? I think the idea of keeping a guide handy to find very specific pieces of gear at very specific times to be super tedious.

Also, hows the crafting system?

Maybe this will be the time I finish the game -- I keep getting distracted and playing other things

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Attitude Indicator posted:

Are you doing a bit?

E: aww, you edited it.

I just didn't want to cause a stupid derail with a dumb joke.

What I mean about Nadine looking like a man is the body model. Wide shoulders, muscular shoulders. Just a weird choice for a female character.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

you don't have to use the witcher gear but it's both the best and best looking armor so you will probably end up using one of the sets. you don't need to find them at specific times either. there's no time limit on them or w/e

I liked the bear set personally

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Waltzing Along posted:

What I mean about Nadine looking like a man is the body model. Wide shoulders, muscular shoulders. Just a weird choice for a female character.

What a poo poo post!

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Quantum of Phallus posted:

What a poo poo post!

Not really.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Yeah, it's a pretty poo poo post

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

stop doubling down

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
She's pretty buff. Braddock in Agents of Mayhem has a similar build and it's great.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
Nadine's entire character in 4 was "likes money but not enough to die for it" and "an absolute beast in a fight" and is the de facto leader of a PMC so it would be weird of she weren't big.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

poptart_fairy posted:

She's pretty buff. Braddock in Agents of Mayhem has a similar build and it's great.

She's a leader of a paramilitary organization. It would be weird if she were some tiny, dainty thing.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Waltzing Along posted:

I just didn't want to cause a stupid derail with a dumb joke.

lol you suck

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Morby posted:

She's a leader of a paramilitary organization. It would be weird if she were some tiny, dainty thing.

Oh it's not a complaint by any means. :black101:

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
Nadine defenestrating people was the best part of UC4.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Manatee Cannon posted:

you don't have to use the witcher gear but it's both the best and best looking armor so you will probably end up using one of the sets. you don't need to find them at specific times either. there's no time limit on them or w/e

I liked the bear set personally

I thought I read online that certain pieces only show up during certain missions or are available only in places you can access during a certain mission

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
You know SOME women actually aren't dainty little skinny things and it is actually possible for a woman to get quite well muscled. Shocking, I know!

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Renoistic posted:

Nadine defenestrating people was the best part of UC4.

I remember people from lesser parts of the net really hated her because she seemed too tough and could survive things Nate survives like 5 times a minute, but really that's why she rules.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yea 90% of your interactions with Nadine in 4 are her hilariously putting you through the wringer and outright saying 'yea I'm pretty much the enforcer here I like getting paid but don't really feel like I should die for someone's payday'. Of all the people in the jumpy mountain climbing Uncharted series to be ripped it'd be her.

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
I know its 2017 and its really un-pc to even imply the human race has seperate genders but the character in that photo looks like they have a penis.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I liked when Nadine exited the plot by essentially saying she didn't want to be in the game anymore and left.

e: in uncharted 4, not getting lost legacy any time soon

omg chael crash posted:

I thought I read online that certain pieces only show up during certain missions or are available only in places you can access during a certain mission

It's been awhile since I played Witcher 3 but you have to craft the Witcher gear from blueprints you can find. You can either look up guides online on where to find them or find a merchant that sells the maps to their location and do the Scavenger Hunt quests for each blueprint.

Policenaut fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Aug 29, 2017

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Charming

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Macarius Wrench posted:

I know its 2017 and its really un-pc to even imply the human race has seperate genders but the character in that photo looks like they have a penis.

If you've never seen a muscular woman before, sure. She looks perfectly fine in every other screenshot for the game to me. And her model fits with the backstory of the character.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I just love it when ignorant people double-down on their conservative awfulness and continue to dig their hole deeper. Do yourself a favor and stop posting about the subject and step outside your bubble to experience the world, you will be enlightened.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

glam rock hamhock posted:

I remember people from lesser parts of the net really hated her because she seemed too tough and could survive things Nate survives like 5 times a minute, but really that's why she rules.

Remember when Nate elbow-dropped her from like 3 stories up and all it did was piss her off

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Itt: goons who've never been to a gym/outside

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Ironically it was going to the gym that suddenly made me hyper-aware of this poo poo, and dating a black guy is why I'm suddenly hyper aware of representation on that front. :v:

oh poo poo, I've been privilege checked

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

Hi, alive human women can have a lot of body shapes. HTH

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
4th from the left is a 'wid' from me

Keep the rest

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

this is how the last vita thread got gassed isn't it

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Oxxidation posted:

Remember when Nate elbow-dropped her from like 3 stories up and all it did was piss her off

I do recall a lot of people being annoyed that she's an unbeatable boss fight/Mary Sue, so you could say that elbow drop pissed the fan base off.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

8-Bit Scholar posted:

I do recall a lot of people being annoyed that she's an unbeatable boss fight/Mary Sue, so you could say that elbow drop pissed the fan base off.

Do people have any idea what Mary Sue even means or do they just use it to describe any character they don't like at this point?

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Yeah, that was a misstep. There's a difference between something being formidable, and that same something merely shrugging off your every attack. If she was like Resident Evil's Nemesis it would be fine, but a foil to Nathan Drake probably isn't the antagonist for that kind of indestructibility. :v:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Do people have any idea what Mary Sue even means or do they just use it to describe any character they don't like at this point?

Female character, yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

A woman with opinions.