Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009
Sell it is - thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
A little souvenir from the server RIP earlier

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
https://www.twitch.tv/cutedog_ is streaming a wander using Esh's Mirror right now

if you kill half the map and go withing 4 seconds to the boss you literally oneshot anything (meaning open maps are best)

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Broken Cog posted:

A little souvenir from the server RIP earlier

That can't be right. That's 4 billion.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

McFrugal posted:

That can't be right. That's 4 billion.

It's the result of interpreting -113 as an unsigned 32-bit integer so it sounds like someone's math just hosed up somewhere.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---
Somebody figured out you can combine self-igniting, shackles of wretched, and Arakaali to permanently increase every source of life recovery (including regen) on yourself by 50% as long as you're self-igniting every 3-4 seconds. Which is some serious loving witchcraft of esoteric mechanics.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

Count Uvula posted:

Which is some serious loving witchcraft of esoteric mechanics.

That's like half the game though.

Svensken
May 29, 2010
Arakaali is also triggered by Immortal Call if you have Blood Rage running, since BR degen is physical damage.

It's pretty good.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

I've thought about running it on my RF character so that if I douse myself I get super regen but the brine king is just so good.

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Everything's coming up explodey!

Pillbug
Skelemages is so good, you guys. Just poo poo out a lightshow over three screens.

Stangg
Mar 17, 2009
I am so bad at bow/wand builds. I've tried to level a pathwander twice now and the first time killed myself act 5 kitava and the second on act 8 doedre of all things, but the clearspeed of KB is just so satisfying the masochist in me wants to take another shot at it. It's only a few hours each time but I keep losing my levelling gear and as such about 25c.

Still haven't managed to get a character to 90 in HHC yet this league, they made harbingers in higher tier maps reasonably dangerous in the last patch and I did not respect them and as such got deleted on my RF/SR character.

Still this league is fun despite all my failings, for the first time ever I do wish I'd played softcore though.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
skeleton mages seem to me to be mobile totems you can have 10 of and scale their movement/damage.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Count Uvula posted:

Somebody figured out you can combine self-igniting, shackles of wretched, and Arakaali to permanently increase every source of life recovery (including regen) on yourself by 50% as long as you're self-igniting every 3-4 seconds. Which is some serious loving witchcraft of esoteric mechanics.

I imagine you could use an instant ignite-immune life flask instead of the shackles.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

YoshiOfYellow posted:

I'm not a fan of traps but the idea of a build based on those skills is incredible to me.

Low-life minion instability mirror/blink arrow is the best build and I will not hear otherwise.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Some thoughts:

I'm having a pretty consistent crash if I try to run PoE and any VOIP. Which sucks, because I like to MP/chill when playing. It seems to be only since the latest patch.

I'm into Orange maps, and I still am not currency positive without using Chaos recipe. It feels like my leveling character is bankrolling my mapping character.

The guide I'm using recommends Mistress of Sacrifice instead of Spirit Eater. Is there something I'm missing, or is 30% movespeed > 30% damage?

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
One league too late but I found a crystal belt with 89 life and more than 40 of each resist and no other mods today :(.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

I knew I couldn't be the only one who does this. Thanks!

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Valle posted:

I knew I couldn't be the only one who does this. Thanks!

im ESL tho :colbert:

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

I have a perfect kaoms heart now

Being able to speed farm t15 with a collar and ventors is pretty nice yall

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Count Uvula posted:

Math is power! :science:

But isn't this kind of thing how the Vaal came to be corrupted? lol

Shadin
Jun 28, 2009
Help me, Obi-Goon Kenobis.

I haven't played PoE in years and I was terrible at it anyway. Coming back to 3.0 now and I've been looking at builds but man is it a lot of information to take in. In the thread's humble opinion, if I fancy a Witch or Shadow, what's a solid build for a total n00b that has no money and is starting the game fresh.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Is it worth getting the silver chests in uber labyrinth? hardly seems worth the time investment unless you get a really good gem chest or currency chest but it's usually a couple rares with few actually worth picking up.

nerox
May 20, 2001

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Is it worth getting the silver chests in uber labyrinth? hardly seems worth the time investment unless you get a really good gem chest or currency chest but it's usually a couple rares with few actually worth picking up.

But you never know what it will be until you open them!

Personally, I usually just do things pretty close along the main route.

..btt
Mar 26, 2008

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I haven't run a lot of lab this league, but my experience was that they seem of similar value to the end chests. When I've been running lab I've always skipped them in the past, unless they contained treasure keys. This league I've been doing pretty much everything available in the lab and it's seemed to pay off.

Makes the runs take significantly longer though, which I'm not a fan of.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

get silver keys if it won't take very long or there's also a darkshrine/argus/etc. in the silver key room, probably skip them otherwise

the gem and currency chests are very lucrative though

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Sometimes?

Incidentally, not sure how to price that. Damage doesn't seem great and its a mace.

Diogenes of Sinope
Jul 10, 2008

Shadin posted:

Help me, Obi-Goon Kenobis.

I haven't played PoE in years and I was terrible at it anyway. Coming back to 3.0 now and I've been looking at builds but man is it a lot of information to take in. In the thread's humble opinion, if I fancy a Witch or Shadow, what's a solid build for a total n00b that has no money and is starting the game fresh.

I've been in the same boat, haven't played since before there was an Act 4. I've found using Essence Drain and Contagion as your primary skills is pretty fool-proof and quite strong. The main idea is to hit packs with Contagion and then nail a target with Essence Drain. It dies, ED spreads through the pack via Contagion. There's several guides for it, and you don't need much in the way of gear to make it shine. It's a DOT-based build, I'm using one that relies on the Trickster ascendancy for the Shadow but you could have success as a Witch Occultist too.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

animatorZed posted:

Sometimes?

Incidentally, not sure how to price that. Damage doesn't seem great and its a mace.

Weylam would be proud to take it off your hands.

Shadin
Jun 28, 2009

Diogenes of Sinope posted:

I've been in the same boat, haven't played since before there was an Act 4. I've found using Essence Drain and Contagion as your primary skills is pretty fool-proof and quite strong. The main idea is to hit packs with Contagion and then nail a target with Essence Drain. It dies, ED spreads through the pack via Contagion. There's several guides for it, and you don't need much in the way of gear to make it shine. It's a DOT-based build, I'm using one that relies on the Trickster ascendancy for the Shadow but you could have success as a Witch Occultist too.

Thanks for that. I found this after Googling your info - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1963181

That seems like what you're getting at, I'll give it a whirl.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

animatorZed posted:

Sometimes?

congrats on being the exception to the norm

*finds ex in a regular chest 50 rooms away after clicking them for 30+ hours"

"hehe looks like goons are wrong again, opening chests is worth it :smuggo:"

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

animatorZed posted:

Sometimes?

w/e the price of a divine is

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Tulip posted:

Some thoughts:

I'm having a pretty consistent crash if I try to run PoE and any VOIP. Which sucks, because I like to MP/chill when playing. It seems to be only since the latest patch.

I'm into Orange maps, and I still am not currency positive without using Chaos recipe. It feels like my leveling character is bankrolling my mapping character.

The guide I'm using recommends Mistress of Sacrifice instead of Spirit Eater. Is there something I'm missing, or is 30% movespeed > 30% damage?

It's hard to overstate how good Mistress of Sacrifice is. At high levels clearing efficiently is all about going fast, and permanent Flesh Offering is just incredible. It makes Shield Charging around incredibly fast and smooth. If you haven't tried it, try it. You can always respec out of it (5 respec points per ascendancy node).

Spirit Eater is Very Good, but usually has to get kicked to the curb in a spectre build because Soul Weaver takes up so many points.

Also, you should be currency positive by the time you hit Tier 6 maps. Probably before then. Make sure you're, at a minimum, transmuting/augmenting/alting them until you get packsize above 10. Don't waste chisels or alchs on maps until you're at least in at T10-12, they're not worth it.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Really? I was under the impression that you should start alching as soon as you hit T6.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001
You'll want to alch tier 6-10 maps the first time you run them, for bonus completion. After that...ymmw.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Chisels arent worth it unless you're forcing map progression.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I would never have thought of using alt/aug until you get packsize on yellows. I've always just automatically alched anything yellow, and (given that it was yellow) threw it away/into gstash if it was too rippy for me to run.

I'm gonna have to go look up maps and their affixes and how they're generated today, I guess!

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I made a ranger last night with the intent of being a Doomfletch Prism Pathfinder. Get some use out of that Taste of Hate and whatever other flasks I manage to find. Question, is there anything besides personal preference in whether I use Lightning Shot or Tornado Shot (or something else??) for AoE? Some conditions where one is better or worse?

While I'm talking about it, do fated uniques like Doomfletch reroll completely when they're upgraded, or do they keep their sockets and unchanged affixes? I was thinking it might be more economical to get a reasonably good Doomfletch, 5L it, then upgrade that.

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Aug 29, 2017

..btt
Mar 26, 2008

Ciaphas posted:

While I'm talking about it, do fated uniques like Doomfletch reroll completely when they're upgraded, or do they keep their sockets and unchanged affixes? I was thinking it might be more economical to get a reasonably good Doomfletch, 5L it, then upgrade that.

The sockets and mods that exist on the un-upgraded version stay the same once upgraded. I did exactly as you suggest and it saved me a few chaos.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

..btt posted:

The sockets and mods that exist on the un-upgraded version stay the same once upgraded. I did exactly as you suggest and it saved me a few chaos.

Awesome, thanks.

Read up on two more builds I want to try--a magma orb Berserker and a SR MoM Trickster. I just can't stop myself from rolling alts when this game gets into me, it seems!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
I too make a lot of alts and while I rarely do end game stuff poe is still very enjoyable