Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

TheScott2K posted:

Jesus Christ, are you a Fishmech alt?

Not at all. Just asking people who disagree to clarify their moral stances.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Your Taint posted:

So it would be bad to break into an abandoned house and take any salvageable food you can? You're against that? What about taking the tv from the upstairs bedroom of a house instead of taking it from Walmart?

Just trying to see where the moral line is drawn here is all.

Javert is that you?

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

So, uh, Addicks levee is overtopping. Wasn't that the sign that it's about to start eroding and break? Or is it late enough in the storm that it can probably stand up to it?

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

:capitalism:

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

WampaLord posted:

*Your Taint voice*

"All bad things are equally bad, I have no ability to prioritize things or evaluate context. All bad things are bad"

Driltweet.png

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

If you are literally starving in a disaster area then taking food from anywhere you can find it as long as it isn't from someone else who is literally starving is a-ok with me.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

No Butt Stuff posted:

the best part is this is some poo poo head manager's "great idea" to increase his store's margins and get a promotion and instead it's going to get him fired.

Again, Best Buy/Home Depot/Lowes (etc) don't sell these as flats. They're individually priced, applied to a whole flat. So that's 24 bottles at $1.79.

Granted, they should have bucked the gently caress up, sold them at a loss (or even just given them away) through their system, but they're lazy.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Calibanibal posted:

what if i loot tin cans of food, but i dont have a can opener can i loot that too or is that "go die scum" territory
Can openers are a pretty rare tool spawn, instead of holding out for one just use your athame to open it.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc
I'm not even sure he's gouging on the smart water, that junk's expensive for no reason

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Your Taint posted:

No one owes you that a thesis paper on their personal ethics.

Just stop.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Party Plane Jones posted:

Again, Best Buy/Home Depot/Lowes (etc) don't sell these as flats. They're individually priced, applied to a whole flat. So that's 24 bottles at $1.79.

Granted, they should have bucked the gently caress up, sold them at a loss (or even just given them away) through their system, but they're lazy.

they don't normally sell them as flats but it would be trivial to do so

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Your Taint posted:

I did, private ok/personal not ok. Pretty simple really.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Party Plane Jones posted:

It's still scummy as hell and someone is going to get fired over it once that photo goes viral.

moostaffa
Apr 2, 2008

People always ask me about Toad, It's fantastic. Let me tell you about Toad. I do very well with Toad. I love Toad. No one loves Toad more than me, BELIEVE ME. Toad loves me. I have the best Toad.

pumpinglemma posted:

So, uh, Addicks levee is overtopping. Wasn't that the sign that it's about to start eroding and break? Or is it late enough in the storm that it can probably stand up to it?

https://www.facebook.com/GalvestonDistrict/videos/10156538119378032/

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

focusing on the important things

https://twitter.com/jdawsey1/status/902592363427659776

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Glazier posted:

what if the personal is only obtained via debt?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Please choke to death on a pretzel.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

evilweasel posted:

they don't normally sell them as flats but it would be trivial to do so

Don't you see, that little sticker that says "Do Not Sell Individually" is the highest moral law, and breaking it worse even than looting a loaf of Wonderbread

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

TheScott2K posted:

No one owes you that a thesis paper on their personal ethics.

Just stop.

Nobody owes me anything. Agreed. But if you're going to act all high and mighty over something, then be willing to answer a question posted in good faith. If you don't have an answer just say so.

CodeJanitor
Mar 30, 2005
I still can't think of anything to say.

Hastings posted:

This needs to terrify every American citizen. This is some SS/Hitlers henchmen bull right here. If they actually do this, then I expect will gain precedence to be all powerful. Forget checks and balances... they will function outside and above the government. Our society functions on the belief that evidence will bear out justice. No documentation means no boundaries or consequences.

Yeah, I agree. I expect something like antifa or the counter-protesters to be targeted as terrorists or other threat, detained then never heard from again to happen soon.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

It's still scummy as hell and someone is going to get fired over it once that photo goes viral.

Yeah, they definitely should have taken the time to write that they were usually sold singly for $X and for a slab, that's 24x$X.

Take 30 seconds and save you from a mountain of bad press.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

If Trump doesn't bring up the election results during his visit, then it'd officially be his most presidential behavior so far.

I'll give him 10 minutes tops without bringing it up.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Glazier posted:

Thank you.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Your Taint posted:

Nobody owes me anything. Agreed. But if you're going to act all high and mighty over something, then be willing to answer a question posted in good faith. If you don't have an answer just say so.

"Act all high and mighty", says man presuming to act as arbiter of life or death for disaster victims

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Gorilla Salad posted:

Yeah, they definitely should have taken the time to write that they were usually sold singly for $X and for a slab, that's 24x$X.

Take 30 seconds and save you from a mountain of bad press.

it's a manager at a best buy

you seriously think he's going to put that much thought/effort into his job

Uglycat
Dec 4, 2000
MORE INDISPUTABLE PROOF I AM BAD AT POSTING
---------------->

CodeJanitor posted:

Yeah, I agree. I expect something like antifa or the counter-protesters to be targeted as terrorists or other threat, detained then never heard from again to happen soon.

ICE is every bit as Nazi an institution as the KKK.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

what if the personal is only obtained via debt?

Not the debtors fault we live in a lovely capitalist system, as long as they use it I say leave it alone. If they do ask you cause they can stiff their creditor by having insurance pay for it, then it's OK.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Destroy these people.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Please choke to death on a pretzel.

I mean if you're wishing for accidental death/death by natural causes, you need to quit this half assed poo poo and start wishing for pancreatic cancer or diffuse intrinsic pontine glioma.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Calling it now, today during his presser Trump is going to make some crack about "well the people here in Houston didn't vote for me but that's ok, I'm still going to help them."

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

BigglesSWE posted:

If Trump doesn't bring up the election results during his visit, then it'd officially be his most presidential behavior so far.

I'll give him 10 minutes tops without bringing it up.

Then crack a joke about the people affected voting for him / not voting for him.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Calling it now, today during his presser Trump is going to make some crack about "well the people here in Houston didn't vote for me but that's ok, I'm still going to help them."

i doubt he realizes that, and I'm sure his handlers knew not to tell him

he probably just knows texas voted for him and assumed all texans did

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

oh i am sure that will be the least bad thing he will say.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Hastings posted:

This needs to terrify every American citizen. This is some SS/Hitlers henchmen bull right here. If they actually do this, then I expect will gain precedence to be all powerful. Forget checks and balances... they will function outside and above the government. Our society functions on the belief that evidence will bear out justice. No documentation means no boundaries or consequences.

I don't understand why the right-wing people who are so worried about the government aren't completely panicked by ICE. The protections people get in ICE custody is laughable; there is no right to representation at all (sometimes people are not even given an opportunity to retain any), the standards for action and hilariously bad, and they do poo poo like move people hundreds or thousands of miles to holding locations and make it hard to find that out. US citizens can and have been detained, held, and deported by ICE without any real repercussions or recourse. Not like, it could do that, it already has, more than a few times.

I know that the real reason they don't worry is that they're white and they understand ICE isn't going to start detaining them en masse, but it could if someone decided to switch it from a racial bias to a political one.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

WeAreTheRomans posted:

"Act all high and mighty", says man presuming to act as arbiter of life or death for disaster victims

Yes, yes, we all see how clever you are.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

sean10mm posted:

I mean if you're wishing for accidental death/death by natural causes, you need to quit this half assed poo poo and start wishing for pancreatic cancer or diffuse intrinsic pontine glioma.

The pretzels nearly took out Bush 1, I think they're ready to finally close the deal.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
Not many people know this but I won Texas. Barack Obama couldn't. Two times. But I did. I did.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Your Taint posted:

Here's everything that needs to be said to you.

Are you ready for it?

This take...

Your Taint posted:

Agreed. Now if they were ransacking and carrying off valuables and poo poo not needed for survival then do what you have to do from a law enforcement perspective. But if it's food and water i'd probably be among the "looters".

...is poo poo.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

The pretzels nearly took out Bush 1, I think they're ready to finally close the deal.

That was Bush2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Thought that was Bush 2?

• Locked thread