Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Rough Lobster posted:

Weird conspiracy theory when the Dem's emails got leaked. Some nut noticed a bunch of references to pizza eg "Hey guys after the fundraiser tonight let's grab some pizza together" and decided that different toppings alluded to different types of pedophilia the group would engage in. Like, pizza with Italian sausage meaning let's abuse an Italian kid. Instead of figuring that they just really liked eating pizza like 90% of American adults.

e: oh and some true believer showed up at this infamous pizza joint and shot it up, demanding employees to reveal the hidden rape rooms.

Poor dumb bastard was so messed up from Alex Jones he didn't even do the basic research to find out if the place had a basement.

It did not.

Just went in guns ablazing terrifying customers and employees.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Ak Gara posted:

You know it's bad when they start running out of loving colours! :ohdear:

Yeah, my dad insists that they adjusted the meanings of colors in rainfall maps and temperature maps so that things looks worse than they actually are. "They wouldn't be running out of colors if they hadn't changed them in the first place!" Yeah, because rain radar had a scale for, like, 5 feet of rain when it was first instituted.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

Trivia posted:

Can't remember which thread it was, but someone posted the "you are who you pretend to be" quote. Seems pretty apt to me.

We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be. - Kurt Vonnegut, Mother Night

bigman.50grand
Mar 31, 2007
no

syscall girl posted:

Poor dumb bastard was so messed up from Alex Jones he didn't even do the basic research to find out if the place had a basement.

It did not.

Reminds me of the time I went looking for my stolen bike in the basement of The Alamo.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

bigman.50grand posted:

Reminds me of the time I went looking for my stolen bike in the basement of The Alamo.

I haven't seen this movie in 30 years but I knew immediately what you were referencing.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

bigman.50grand posted:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Enola Gay-For-Pay posted:

I haven't seen this movie in 30 years but I knew immediately what you were referencing.

Tim Burton / Danny Elfman seldom did better.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

bigman.50grand posted:

Francis you've made the basement of an important monument disappear. I want it back!

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Gorilla Salad posted:

Not yet.

The Trump administration is still deciding whether they will accept the Mexican offer for aid.

Please tell me there's a source for this because I really, really don't want to even believe this.

I know it's likely true, good gods that's petty.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

iospace posted:

Please tell me there's a source for this because I really, really don't want to even believe this.

They should take the money, then use it to build a wall levee to stop the mexicans water.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

chitoryu12 posted:

Thankfully he didn't shoot it up. He just showed up with a rifle demanding to see the rape basement.

And fired his rifle three times actually.

A Neo-Nazi in Quebec City thinks it's a good plan to give a hitler salute to a group of antifascists:

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

iospace posted:

quote:

WASHINGTON ― The Trump administration has not decided whether it will accept aid from Mexico to help victims of the hurricane that has devastated swaths of Texas and overwhelmed emergency responders.

“If a need for assistance does arise, we will work with our partners, including Mexico, to determine the best way forward,” the White House and State Department said in identical statements after Mexico offered “help and cooperation” to aid U.S. recovery from Hurricane Harvey, which has killed at least nine people, displaced tens of thousands and destroyed countless homes.

Asked if the Trump administration’s assessment is that there is no need for assistance from Mexico, the White House referred HuffPost to the Federal Emergency Management Agency, which punted to the State Department, which directed questions back to FEMA.

Bonus:

quote:

A federal judge dismissed Sarah Palin’s defamation lawsuit against The New York Times on Tuesday.

Palin sued the Times for defamation after an editorial in the newspaper on mass shootings tied an ad run by the former vice presidential nominee to the 2011 shooting of former Rep. Gabrielle Giffords (R-Ariz.).

"Nowhere is political journalism so free, so robust, or perhaps so rowdy as in the United States," Judge Jed Rakoff wrote in an opinion dismissing the case.

"In the exercise of that freedom, mistakes will be made, some of which will be hurtful to others."

Rakoff found that Palin did not meet the legal standard of proving malice toward a public figure, noting that the paper issued two corrections to the editorial in the hours after it was published.

“Such behavior is much more plausibly consistent with making an unintended mistake and then correcting it than with acting with actual malice,” he wrote.

bad news bareback
Jan 16, 2009

EndlessRob posted:

Snap into a Fat Jim

yes

bad news bareback
Jan 16, 2009

Senior Woodchuck posted:

To be fair, the church itself is flooded.

To be even more fair, Osteen and his family got the gently caress out of Dodge last week and are sitting pretty in another home upstate, and he's done gently caress-all but tweet inane "thoughts and prayers/God's got this" platitudes, so gently caress him regardless.

Nah a few people were posting pics and video of the church, was relatively dry

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

the White House referred HuffPost to the Federal Emergency Management Agency, which punted to the State Department, which directed questions back to FEMA.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

syscall girl posted:

It did not.

Just went in guns ablazing terrifying customers and employees.

Like they would include the child molestation dungeon in the plans, wake up sheeple.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
6 minutes and 40 seconds of idiots destroying luxury cars that they're woefully unprepared to be driving:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psmThFiZWmg

Fart of Presto
Feb 9, 2001
Clapping Larry

Zipperelli. posted:

6 minutes and 40 seconds of idiots destroying luxury cars that they're woefully unprepared to be driving:

Schadenfreude is on us, as it's only 4:39 minutes. The rest is an uploader "credit" text.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Zipperelli. posted:

Was the Lamborghini going into the ocean the guy who was committing insurance fraud and got busted by the video?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Subjunctive posted:

Was the Lamborghini going into the ocean the guy who was committing insurance fraud and got busted by the video?

Yep.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Nnnnng.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Subjunctive posted:

It wasn't a Lamborghini.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

All fast rich people cars are Lamborghinis.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

FogHelmut posted:

It wasn't a Lamborghini.

I thought that's what the guy on the video said, apologies. What was it?

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Subjunctive posted:

Bugatti, it looks like.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Data Graham posted:

All short rich people cars are Lamborghinis.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Subjunctive posted:

He did, which is also part of the humor. It's a Bugatti.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Every car in that video was a Lamborghini except for the mustang. Mustangs are always Mustangs.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/qAiyke6.gifv

Miiiiiiiiiiike

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

FogHelmut posted:

He did, which is also part of the humor. It's a Bugatti.

Ah, I didn't look closely once I heard it, not that I'm certain to have recognized a Bugatti anyway.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Every car in that video was a Lamborghini except for the mustang. Mustangs are always Mustangs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCh8JhZp13s

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

When people say things like this I always picture them looking something like

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Jerry Cotton posted:

The only people I've ever met obsessed with muscle cars look exactly like that

Tip Shades
Oct 28, 2016

Subjunctive posted:

Oh yes.

http://jalopnik.com/the-guy-who-crashed-a-bugatti-into-a-lake-has-been-sent-1748158995

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

I think of Mustangs more like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVyBaX6sCd4

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Jerry Cotton posted:

oh no my years of laughing at other's misfortune finally leads to someone doxxing me

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

No ring.

Fart of Presto
Feb 9, 2001
Clapping Larry
http://i.imgur.com/YsQpOqw.gifv

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Are 4 and 3 the same loving car show? :psyduck:

Adbot